• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Exciting Thing About Brawl

The Hymn

Smash Rookie
First off, it seemed to me like this kind of topic would have been already made, but i couldn't find any thing when i searched.

Whats the one thing that excites you most about brawl?

Is it knowing there will be more charaters you can choose from? is it the fact that there will be new stages and items? is it because you will be able to make up whole new little games like everybody being a DK and grab a box to put on your back and see how long you can last on big blue? (that was just an example) for only children i would say is it knowing there will be a new one player mode (probubly) but in this case you are probubly looking forword to online play huh?

myself i am looking forword to online play most of all. everytime i see a thread that has do do with online play i throw in my 2cents on what i think. i have a brother (ramon6767 on smashboards) whos like the best compition i have ever had (besides for this ONE guy in a tornament i met) but to be able to get more diverse players would be awsome fun.

so what is it?

The Hymn

Smash Rookie
so your pretty much in it for everything huh? i geuss if you can't narrow it down...

Edit: by the way, cool sig. i only wish i could read it all

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Just, the new feel it will have, different physics ect.. It will feel so new, awesome, I just cant describe it very well

The Hymn

Smash Rookie
but i get what your saying, just like meele was different from n64, brawl will be different than meele. and that is a perfect thing to be excited for.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
He gets it

but i get what your saying, just like meele was different from n64, brawl will be different than meele. and that is a perfect thing to be excited for.
Yeah, that is a good way to put it, just even if everythat was the same, it would be different...

Anyways, if you understand, good for you, lol

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I can't wait to learn my skills all over again, how to use new characters, figuring out great tricks and combos, and learning to fight newcomers. Most of all I;m pretty positive the awesome King Dedede will make it in. He shall be one of my new mains.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I can't wait to learn my skills all over again, how to use new characters, figuring out great tricks and combos, and learning to fight newcomers. Most of all I;m pretty positive the awesome King Dedede will make it in. He shall be one of my new mains.
Yeah, wouldn't it be cool to be the main person to refer to for meta knight counterpicks :o

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Everything.There's not one thing that I'm not looking foward to.Well,maybe coin mode,but hopefully that'll be long gone.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I plan on just taking it all in, trying all the new moves with different characters, when I play brawl, I'll probablly write a blog about it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh where do i start?! I would love to kick Snake in the *** not that i hate him, but beating him with Mario saying "YOU BETRAYED NINTENDO!" (Since Snake's 1st game Metal Gear is on the NES) sounds pretty funny to me!
And the only other big thing is the possibility of Sonic. (I'm just one of Thousands wanting him in)

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to new characters the most, with online as a close second. What's the pont of online if I'm still playing as the same characters, am I right?

The Hymn

Smash Rookie
And the only other big thing is the possibility of Sonic. (I'm just one of Thousands wanting him in)
at least millions.

anyway, back to the topic.
every time i read someones thoughts on what excites them, well i get what they're saying, but it also gives me like five new things to look forword to.

like what green shell said, he might be jokeing that seeing the intro and all is what he can't wait for, but that always gives you a sence of what is ahead to come and you can see how that gave me more ideas.

Edit: keige, i geuss its what ever gets you most because i would enjoy online play even if i had to play old characters, new characters are just a plus

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
WHATS THE POINT?!?!?!

Melee online would pwn for sure, but SSBB will be even better!

I just want to take it all in real slow when I get it..

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Crap! Where's Pyroloserkid to back me up?
That's not exactly what I meant (I love SSB64 online), but I'd rather have new characters and Brawl be offline, than for Brawl to be Melee 1.1 with nothing added but online.

The Hymn

Smash Rookie
we seem to agree alot don't we phloat?

well any ways, LETS KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE POEPLE!

Edit: your makeing more sence now keige, but that would be a tough decsion. you might be right anyways.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
That's not exactly what I meant (I love SSB64 online), but I'd rather have new characters and Brawl be offline, than for Brawl to be Melee 1.1 with nothing added but online.
Yeah, me two, tournaments are way better than online anyways, and I hope that they stay the way they are, with brawl :o

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
For me the most exciting thing is... MOVING AND SHOOTING!1!!1!shift+one!1! Lol. Nah... that's cool, but to me it's just revamped gameplay and characters. Melee is so unbalanced, and the better characters aren't exactly fun to play with. Out of the new characters, the most exciting are Pit and Snake, for me...

EDIT: But I'm really likin' the physics stuff. Sliding crates, bein' able to stand on crates, slidin' characters (Wario slidin' Halberd slope near end of Nintendo World trailer) and stuff like that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, hard to say.

I'm really looking forward to new characters. On the other hand, only one character I'm REALLY looking forward to is actually likely, and there probably won't be thaaat many newcomers.
I'm really looking forward to more balance... the new style of the characters... but on the other hand, I'd play my favourites either way.

I guess in the end my biggest hope is online play so I can actually play with my friends.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
This. I want Brawl to be a complete revamp, to have to go through the learning process again, as we had to do when moving from SSB64 to SSBM. So, all in all, I guess what I crave is the novelty. Melee was awesome, but we've squeezed it to no end, and new blood and gameplay is needed.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
New Stages, Characters (Sonic), and how the four ways of controls will be used. Also the new look of smash and online play.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yeah, the new stages will be awesome too.. And just how you move on them, like in meleee you seemed small, while in ssb you seemed like you were at big stages...just a subconscious thing

NukeA6

Smash Master
What really excites me are the revamped one player modes, online play, and Snake.

I'm sure characters excite everyone.

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
The first thing that jumps out at me is ofcourse tons of new characters, and I usually get most ecited about the pure VS part of it and the new stages I can't wait to see. Don't get me wrong I hope they still have the Event Mode, Adv. Mode and Classis Mode as long as they have those three i'd be perfectly happy.

Top Bottom