• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Complex Characters?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Olimar, Ice Climber, Zamus, Snake, or Kirby.

As a kirby player I know he can be difficult to play. Timing your hammer perfectly always needs to be done or ur a gonner. And you need to make sure there is no one near you when you are a brick or u gonna get grabbed.also you need to think about the weight of the characters you want to spit at people to do the most damage. and u need to manage you other characters attack and get far away when you want to ditch it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik/Zelda is the most complex because you have to memorize every combo percentage for every character for all of your combos, memorize what moves beat what for gimping, memorize how and when to apply chain jacket or better yet a dash attack cancel up smash, learn kill percents, learn speed, range and damage/knock given for every other character dash attacks, smashes, and aerials if you wish to change to zelda and then your using a whole new character.

So you have to master two characters perfectly and with all the depth sheik has mix with zelda they blow everyone out of the water hands down.

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
Diddy is certainly more complex than he first appears. At good levels, players can really use the 'banana game' to their advantage and it can be a precise act to juggle. I've also heard the arguments for Pokemon Trainer before, but I'm interested as to why you put Lucario as one of the most complex characters. Can anyone back up this argument? :bee:
Idk, I've always found the whole air game and especially the counter to be a little tricky. I havent really played him much to get good though.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
I think Sonic is one of the more complex characters in Brawl.

He has low knockback smashes so he can't just spam his most powerful smash as soon as his opponent is over 90% like most characters in the game.

On top of that they way he gets most of his KO's should either be with gimps, or follow up aerial hits. Which again is far more complicated then the way most characters KO.

Finally the most complex part of Sonic's game is his approach. Sonic has more approaches then almost anyone else. All of his B moves can be used in situational approaches, his dash attack is his bread and butter opener, while he can also use Hyphen smashes and quick aerials (forward and neutral) to round out his approach.

To top all this off most of Sonic's approaches can be canceled. Opponent shield grabbing your spindashes just shield cancel them and dash in. Dash attack becoming predictable cancel into a Usmash.

All this leaves Sonic with a somewhat dizzying array of options, and makes him one of the more complex Brawlers around.

BEES

Smash Lord
I'll go on the record to say it's not Falco. Huge learning curve though. Takes more work to use than the other high tiers, with the exception of probably iceclimbers.

ICs might be the most complex character in the game. It's a character that acts very differently when Nana is present and missing, near you or on the other side of the stage. In the air or on the ground.

Samus, Link, and Pokemon Trainer are also good candidates.

studly

Smash Ace
if uve ever fought against a good ganon...i saw one beat a MK and Sliq uses him like a beast.. that ones at least difficult sometimes...but i still agree that olimar or IC's are the most complicated

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i find it unbelievable that ppl are saying snake, sure, you could make interesting, by using grenades, and other things, but the reality is that, he can beat most characters in the game with just jabs, f-tilt and u-tilt, and that is not complex

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Competitively speaking, PT is the hardest to manage by far, although I see him doing very well once people get past his unusual learning curve.

TomTom

Smash Cadet
Please, stop talking, Snake isn't complex, do you call jabs, F-tilts and Usmashes complex?
In a way I agree with this. His play style is certainly unique, so in this sense it does add a different dimension to the gameplay, but this on its own does not make him particularly complex. Unusual, yes, but I'd hesitate before claiming that Snake was a really complex character.

But what do I know - I'm not a Snake player!

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
PT is more complex than Olimar, but only because he switches Pokemon when they die.

Olimar's pikmin strategies are better applied during fights with slow characters like Ganon.

TomTom

Smash Cadet
Olimar's pikmin strategies are better applied during fights with slow characters like Ganon.
Why would this be so? Surely matching the Pikmin to their appropriate applications would be valid playing against any character? Why do you highlight slow characters in particular?

Top Bottom