• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

rubberband

Smash Rookie
I think he means that he literally doesn't know how to attack with Dimensional Cape. The answer to this is that you use the attack by keeping the B button held while you reappear.
Aight, thanks. I'm hitting people with it now.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So I'll be playing in top 6 at FC Return (two day event) on the VGBootcamp stream at around 5 PM EST. I got sent to losers by ZeRo but had a close game where i had a strong stock lead before he ran it back.

Top 6 is round robin so I'll be playing 4 more matches of Mk and 1 match of secondaries for custom villager.

@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 Don't be talking bad about DC Slash. I've already taken 4 stocks with that move in bracket today alone. You use it to punish habits you notice for a KO. If it won't KO, don't use it.

busken

Smash Ace
So I'll be playing in top 6 at FC Return (two day event) on the VGBootcamp stream at around 6 PM EST. I got sent to losers by ZeRo but had a close game where i had a strong stock lead before he ran it back.

Top 6 is round robin so I'll be playing 4 more matches of Mk and 1 match of secondaries for custom villager.

@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 Don't be talking bad about DC Slash. I've already taken 4 stocks with that move in bracket today alone. You use it to punish habits you notice for a KO. If it won't KO, don't use it.
Yeah dude i heard your name on stream. Victory is your destiny, leave no survivors.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The player deserved to lose if he left himself open for DC universe slash 4 times.

I would turn to him and laugh in his face, its like someone empty hopping in the same pattern then die for it. He says 'Fool' for a reason Katakiri, you're a fool if you allow this move to end you.

You miss the tech on the Dtilt set up and die to DC? You're a fool.

You doing something obvious allowing me to get a hard read? You're a fool.

Charging a Smash attack against MK? You're a fool.

oolfoolfool

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Why would ZeRo mm when he's gonna win the tourney Katakiri is at anyway?

Why would ZeRo come to MK boards of all places? Other than being tagged here by force.

Why do MKs still airdodge vs Sheik when we got 5 jumps to spare?

Why is MK a puff ball version of batman?

Why am I asking so many questions?

Why?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You won't die anywhere near as early and you can sometimes get away. Airdodging will result in vanish I see this way too many times it hurts me toes.

Airdodging and jumping at the same time is ok, but I never bother with it.

Wow ZeRo lost much upset
Doubles is stupid when jank is involved. Probably gonna get banned after he lost, the bucket magic trick belongs in the custom meta.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Katakiri playing vs Wizzrobe right now. I haven't played that many Sheiks but I'm pretty sure Katakiri shouldn't jump so much. He has been getting hit by Uair and Fair so much. Whenever he's been playing on the ground patiently he's been getting a good advantage.

Edit: He played well now on Skyloft, taking advantage of the stage and playing smart by being under Sheik most of the game.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Katakiri, why didn't you just time out your opponent in game 2? You had that match.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Now he plays against Zero. He did really well his last stocks on his first game. I hope he realizes what he did well.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm sure Katakiri could beat Wizzrobe next time. He did so well on Skyloft and on several stocks of the set. I personally think his problem was jumping too much in Neutral which just lets Sheik safely use Fair or Uair. Hopefully Ito can see the match later.

Zero only lost one stock against Wizzrobe in the BO5 set, meanwhile Katakiri had a pretty tight game against Zero. Katakiri has a lot of potential.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So we won't see anymore katakiri now? I just jumped on the stream.

NVM he got 6th
I got 4th.
ZeRo got 1st
Joey (that custom Villager i was talking about last week) got 2nd
Wizrobe got 3rd
Top 4! I'm happy with how I played for today. Only gonna get better. We made it!

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Help I've been playing Meta Knight for like a month straight and I can't stop.

Are we perfectly sure Meta Knight's Dash Attack is not a highly addictive drug?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Help I've been playing Meta Knight for like a month straight and I can't stop.

Are we perfectly sure Meta Knight's Dash Attack is not a highly addictive drug?
Who said it wasn't?

Also my results at EXP: 17th out of 100 + in singles. 4th out of 35 in dubs. Tl;dr: If I had the confidence I had in doubles and applied it to singles I'd be a top 5 MK easily. I am now working actively toward that goal.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So at the EXP stream in doubles, the commentators spent the entire time talking about how amazing I was and how good at keeping mt stocks/playing safe. I've never been complimented like that before. The videos will be on youtube soon and are on the Twitch archives I think. Only 2 sets of singles. I think I have at least 5 sets of doubles up, maybe even more. Once we got put into Loser's we started playing very well.

I also did well against Culex in singles (he's considered a high level Falcon in Canada and I beat him pretty convincingly) but choked super hard against a DK in game 3 (first time ever playing one) because of the entire room cheering against me ad screaming obscenities. The one time I do not wear my headphones (I wanted to try to overcome my fear of stream/large crowds in singles). Since then, I've been reading up on sports psychology and performance. Hitting the psych lab really hard.

Also I have a new friend being shipped to me soon:

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
In the event anyone has an issue joining the group via the link I posted, just let me know and I can add you as a contact manually. Just PM me your Skype information.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
I'm in the mountains atm with some close friends so I won't be joining until late August probably.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd join but I'd pretty much just lurk like I do here. I'd say otherwise if I had the ability to go to tournaments but ah well.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I forget Skype exists, not to mention i only go on it via tablet. If something gets discovered i would now post it on Skype, keep info on the down low. Not like any one bothers to go through the social to learn MK stuff.

Top Bottom