• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Zonez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bowser2720

I think custom moves are pretty cool. The future of Smash 4 is here.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Some customs are funny to play around with at most (with you as the player), nothing more than that.
Others are just outright infuriating.

Ulevo

Smash Master
because the hitbox on frame 6 is directly above lucario.
I am not understanding how this makes sense. The hitbox for Lucario's jab comes out in front of Lucario. So does Meta Knight's.

I'll test with a few other moves.

Edit: I tested Meta Knight's forward tilt against his standard attack, and the forward tilt wins. I suppose this means it is frame 7, but I am still not understanding the lack of consistency.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I am not understanding how this makes sense. The hitbox for Lucario's jab comes out in front of Lucario. So does Meta Knight's.

I'll test with a few other moves.

Edit: I tested Meta Knight's forward tilt against his standard attack, and the forward tilt wins. I suppose this means it is frame 7, but I am still not understanding the lack of consistency.
a really good drawing.png

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Do you take requests Aero?
Because art like that belongs in a museum at the very least.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Apparently Meta Knight in Project 3.6 is the complete polar opposite of Smash 4 Meta Knight. Project M 3.6 Meta Knight has a fantastic neutral game with a weak vertical recovery. Tornado is arguably his worst move in that game and Dimensional Cape might be his best special move...dafuq. [LINK] With the insanely broken (and fun) character he was in Brawl, it's kind of amusing to see how both Smash 4 and Project M 3.6 attempted to revamp into a character that's very good, but not broken. lol

Ulevo

Smash Master
I actually think the PM:DT could take some notes from what Smash IV has accomplished. I think a Meta Knight that kills off the top would be nice in that game. More than anything though I think they should adopt a lot of what the new Zero Suit has to offer.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Thats why PM MKs tend to get bodied when they use Sm4sh MK, polar opposites in pretty much every way.

Inb4 kuro puts it as frame 7 even though the hitnoxes comes out at ****ing 6. :dkmelee:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I actually think the PM:DT could take some notes from what Smash IV has accomplished. I think a Meta Knight that kills off the top would be nice in that game. More than anything though I think they should adopt a lot of what the new Zero Suit has to offer.
I personally just wish they would improve his air game. In Project M 3.02, he still had a fantastic recovery, had four air jumps instead of only three, and his down special did not put him in a free fall state. Kirby still has five air jumps, so it's really weird they nerfed his air game so hardcore in Project M 3.5. Really not a fan of the direction Project M went with for later entries. Project M 3.02 Meta Knight was so much more fun. Oh well. At least I have Smash 4 Meta Knight, though I wish some of Meta Knight's aerials had less end lag. Being able to do short hop buffered forward and neutral airs without end lag would be nice. It's obnoxious how Meta Knight's neutral game is so insanely limited in Smash 4.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Despite his poor neutral his reward from his mid range tools is stupid compared to small fires like Pit and Dark Pit. If our neutral got buffed y'know how many more people will despise MK?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Despite his poor neutral his reward from his mid range tools is stupid compared to small fires like Pit and Dark Pit. If our neutral got buffed y'know how many more people will despise MK?
The same kind of people that despise Top Tiers.
Seriously, A better Neutral would not make MK "too good".

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I honestly couldn't care less if Meta Knight became a hated character again. I think he has too much lag to some of his aerial attacks. That criticism also applies to much of the roster. Like Toon Link isn't even fun in this game compared to his Brawl self because you can't do a single aerial without dealing with a ton of lag. It's ridiculous how so many characters gained a lot of lag in the transition from Brawl to Smash 4.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
From Masahiro Sakurai:

“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Without Iwata, neither Kirby or Smash Bros. would exist. He has made some lousy decisions in his career, but many of his positive contributions far outweigh all the bad ones. He will be missed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I am beginning a personal project that I will likely end up making public and maybe have a few people help.

Basically the scope of this project is that I am creating a gigantic spreadsheet of MU information. Aside from general notes about the MU in particular, there will be a template and it have fields such as the following:

Frame Data (ours vs theirs)
Down Throw to Tornado works at:
Forward Throw to Tornado works at:
Moves We can Shuttle Loop OoS as a response:
Projectiles vs Mach Tornado:
Projectiles vs Shuttle Loop:
Up Air to Footstool?
Up Air Strings Start at:
Down Tilt forces knockdown at:
Misc. Notes
Up Throw Kills at (FD, No Rage)
Preferred Stages
Stages We Should Ban
Particularly Laggy Moves (Moves we can Nado or F-Smash as a response):
Relevant Video Links:
Down Air forces knockdown at:

(This is just a brainstorm list, the actual thing will be properly formatted)

I will provide view access to anyone who is interested. If there is any other information that you feel should be on here, please let me know. I want to do a few characters a week.

Basically, the reason I'm doing this is because we have a lot of **** to memorize. How cool would it be if you could just access it all in one location from your phone during a tournament? "OH I gotta face_____" *pulls up Sheik page*

Thoughts?

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Basically, the reason I'm doing this is because we have a lot of **** to memorize. How cool would it be if you could just access it all in one location from your phone during a tournament? "OH I gotta face_____" *pulls up Sheik page*

Thoughts?
Maybe a good idea if its presented in an easily digestable form and accurate/reliable (aka no random n00b testers who don't account for DI and stuff). But u-air strings/combos and stuff get really weird due to rage. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it's just better to develop an intuition of what will work at what % against that weight. Early 0% guaranteed tornados are still neat to know, so that may work. But 5x u-air percentages and stuff seem a lot more finicky to me, especially with DI and stuff.

Everything else not affected by rage (e.g. projectile priority, moves easily punishable by tornado or oos shuttle loop, etc.) seems A-OK.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Maybe a good idea if its presented in an easily digestable form and accurate/reliable (aka no random n00b testers who don't account for DI and stuff). But u-air strings/combos and stuff get really weird due to rage. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it's just better to develop an intuition of what will work at what % against that weight. Early 0% guaranteed tornados are still neat to know, so that may work. But 5x u-air percentages and stuff seem a lot more finicky to me, especially with DI and stuff.

Everything else not affected by rage (e.g. projectile priority, moves easily punishable by tornado or oos shuttle loop, etc.) seems A-OK.
@ Ulevo Ulevo I require your opinion on which of these things I need to include because I agree with Amish on this as well. I was thinking maybe a general percent range of when we possibly DA to Nado for example would be cool.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
This came out a bit quick and dirty for my tastes but it's all I had time for. I need to start packing for EVO.
MK Iwata.png

Ulevo

Smash Master
@ Ulevo Ulevo I require your opinion on which of these things I need to include because I agree with Amish on this as well. I was thinking maybe a general percent range of when we possibly DA to Nado for example would be cool.
Any thread or post that I have made up to this point has largely been for the purpose of doing exactly what you're trying to do now, I have just chosen to share it with others. If you want to progress towards that goal, just contribute to whatever is currently in progress.

Top Bottom