• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
You could tech the back air, or probably even jump out.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Poor Falcon. People complain about his dash grab range and I agree, but they always forget about our dash grab. (99% sure its the best dash grab speed and distancewise) Being a relativey unknown character sure has its perks :evil:

Last edited:

ForsenAce

Smash Rookie
IMPORTANT NOTICE.

I have made a Meta Knight Skype social group. To join, use this link:

skype:?chat&blob=tRB6iKuUO4Is3HUEBiDfOc8WmZWEZBVId_kzLQndvelxVrHy57EwmVX6asLXam963lVMgXXLjECV5T0
Hey I can't open this link is the group call still on?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I honestly have no idea how to access a Skype url either. My Skype account is bluejayway89.

ForsenAce

Smash Rookie
You have to paste that link in your URL bar, but it depends on your browser. I used Firefox to get in.
Tried with google chrome and it would just give me a random google search, if anyone wants to add me: facebook:joao.trindade.3139

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey MK players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Meta Knight and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
hey im gonna be flying in to evo tomorrow morning and i dont actually know what to do the whole day + i dont actually have a hotel room lol

do any of you guys have a hotel or something i could crash at or just play friendlies

oh and i also am playing tyrant if we both make it out of 1st wave of pools

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
hey im gonna be flying in to evo tomorrow morning and i dont actually know what to do the whole day + i dont actually have a hotel room lol

do any of you guys have a hotel or something i could crash at or just play friendlies

oh and i also am playing tyrant if we both make it out of 1st wave of pools
I believe Sky Williams has contacts to get you a hotel room or something like that https://twitter.com/SkyWilliamsTho

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
Dthrow to fair to buffer up B is ultra legit. It's hard to be sure that it will work since it's very character dependant.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Why do new MKs use down throw to fair? You gain absolutely nothing.

It seems like a good idea for some reason when you'r new because its guaranteed. Just like doing Up-Tilt from Down Throw.

At least you can D Throw > Fair > Shuttle Loop at certain percents/DI. I tend to land it a lot. Fair isn't TOTALLY useless. But yeah why just only Fair when you can Shuttle Loop.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You can only do that if you FH Fair, the new MKs im watching are using SH Fair so they have no knowledge or intention of using Down Throw --> FH Fair --> Shuttle loop.

Sometime after EVO i think a combo video should be made. People aren't gonna read the combo's they want to visually see it in action, if Ito made a guide that **** would spread through the whole community just because its Ito. Practically the whole of California has picked up MK because of Ito and Ito alone.

I personally don't think guides are needed for MK. But when i see a bunch of players not use BnB moves it makes me worry, even i used shuttle loop(not from the ground) after i down throw someone. Bad habits like down throwing near the ledge when it won't set up combo's died after 1 day.

Ito months ago said:
idk making a comprehensive video guide for a character isnt really that useful in the first place because i feel the most significant improvements one can make as a player will come from improving ones neutral game and general knowledge rather than trying to pull off some dumb character specific gimmicks. the best use for a video guide would be detailing the most optimal punishes one can do in certain situations which may be difficult to explain without a demonstration, but i think for most part players should focus more on their interactions with opponents. you can do perfectly fine just using down throw-upsmash at 0-15, dthrow-shuttle loop beyond that, making good tornado reads, and having upair shuttle loop chains down. if the guide were to have any worth i would go more in depth and demonstrate how the best punishes for specific situations, dthrow-dash attack-(various followups) for di away from dthrow at low percents, and dthrow-tornado for di up or no di for example. admittedly it is a bit annoying to have these ******* who dont even play the character making useless guides that say **** like "hurrr durrrr you can forward air after down throw duhhhhhhhhhhhh shuttle loop is a good kill move," but to make a complete guide i think you need to talk about good options in all sorts of situations, like trying to land, trying to juggle, how to approach, vs character specifics, etc. its just a huge undertaking. i think maybe in the future i will make a sort of optimal combo showcase for various situations which i think has some merit, but im not really sure its feasible to do more than that.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
I have every intention of making a comprehensive guide. That is what most of the threads I have made are for; building blocks of a larger puzzle. I am confident that it will be thorough enough that it will be better than 98% of the guides other people might choose to make. That being said, I have been holding off on doing that on purpose. I do not intend to make a guide until I am out of school at least.

For the time being, the community can keep flubbing their combos.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You can only do that if you FH Fair, the new MKs im watching are using SH Fair so they have no knowledge or intention of using Down Throw --> FH Fair --> Shuttle loop.

Sometime after EVO i think a combo video should be made. People aren't gonna read the combo's they want to visually see it in action, if Ito made a guide that **** would spread through the whole community just because its Ito. Practically the whole of California has picked up MK because of Ito and Ito alone.

I personally don't think guides are needed for MK. But when i see a bunch of players not use BnB moves it makes me worry, even i used shuttle loop(not from the ground) after i down throw someone. Bad habits like down throwing near the ledge when it won't set up combo's died after 1 day.

SH Fair?

RIP.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Sounds awful, didn't even know such a thing was happening.
Not even sure I want to watch it... but I'm gonna do it anyway...

After watching it:
While a bit too rush heavy, going against JTails (as far as I've seen of him) was a decent attempt, but punishes were off, lack of mach tornado was a shame and down throw follow ups were... yeah...
The shuttle loop at the end was a shame to be perfect shielded though I'll give him that.

But I can't be a critic since I barely play on anything similar to that level.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I have zero defense for Tyrant. He royally ****ed up and drinking before the match showed how little he took the crew battle seriously.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Does anyone know how Katakiri and Ito are doing in pools? I know Ito starts in pool D53

EDIT: Apparently Ito's bracket starts at 2 pm

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
"Ito is the better Meta Knight, but Tyrant is the better player" - Sky

wut

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tyrant has better fundamentals, but Ito uses his tools better. Makes sense to me.

Apparently Pyr made it out of pools, and Ito is yet to play.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Katakiri won his pool http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_b33.html
and made it to this pool http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_f35.html
It'll get updated later.

There's an ito in this pool http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_d53.html but it looks like they messed up and he didn't really play in it.
He appears again in this pool http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_c37.html and won
and plays in this one http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_f39.html

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
Thanks for the reporting, it looks like we'll see Ito vs Esam soon!

I think I saw Tyrant win is pool too, and play correctly.

We can't see the replays because it wasn't saved though, right?

D

Deleted member

Ito is out, he got eliminated by Tyrant who beat him in the Meta Knight ditto... twice.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Such a shocker man, glad katakiri made it out of pools not sure on how he's doing atm. The match between ito and tyrant wasn't on stream so I don't know how they played, I do know that ito died at 20 by a 100% rage shuttle loop by tyrant.

No excuses cqn be made for ito, no custom jank, dittos and lost twice. Sounds insane but upsets happen even amsa to my knowledge got knocked out who's also well known for being the best with another char but he didn't lose to a greninja twice.

So we basically got 2 MKs left if Katakiri made it, tyrant is the one only going raw MK. End of the day a MK is a MK, results are results. Wake up to this lol, im blown the **** back.

-back to skype

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I got knocked out one match earlier than Ito so I can't feel too bad. I only used MK.

If anything, this event taught me that I'll have to play catch-up even faster if I want to place well. I existed in the Brawl era but I didn't travel and mained Pokemon Trainer anyway. When I play Smashers that were notable since Brawl or Melee, it becomes apparent that I'm great at Meta Knight but only decent at Smash.
It explains a lot about how I have been playing honestly. I'm real good at basic MK but I have very few frame traps, I miss so many air dodge reads, and more than anything I have mindset issues. Aside from Tweek, the other player I lost to was a notable NorCal Brawl player. I lost that set because of mindset issues, I wanted to go aggro but I knew I needed to play safe and camp Olimar. I usually go into a set with a winning plan but I throw it away for no reason. It's bad player habits that only go away with experience and practice. I'll get there but it's a slow climb...

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I assume Ito went for Shuttle Loop, whiffed the second hit and Tyrant Shuttle Looped him back. There are stuff in the MK ditto you have to be aware.

Top Bottom