• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Same as @ Fye Fye . I might alt Roy if he's top 20 material.
I like most of MK's colors but I use the default.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I like purple, and the very last one with the reddish cape. If I'm try harding I use black.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Don't care about FE characters, but if Ryu(or Wolf) aren't trash then they'll be my secondary.

Need another character to 'get gud' with, not because of MUs but because i like them.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
You think all FE fans like Roy

Cause I don't, I hope he burns in Hell
Now Ryu on the other hand....

@ Ulevo Ulevo , if I may ask, why ban Dreamland 64? Too wide of blastzones?

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
The only thing I can't hate about Roy is his character design. He looks badass. Also lol smashboards already has ryu and Roy character boards.

Last edited:

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
Roy is like the worst lord, but he's still pretty cool, so I can't complain.

Why would you say we need to strike that stage, @Uvelo? It's large blast lines means MK's good recovery will be augmented, and he can gimp poorer recovery characters really easy. I see nothing but advantage in that stage.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Why should it be banned other than it being a strong CP against MK? If a character has poor mobility and recovery MK will **** on them, we already have to put up with BF's large blastzones though the stage is smaller.

The ryue stream is laggy as hell smh.

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Roy is cool af. If the Sealed Sword had infinite uses, endgame would've been really fun. I could see Dreamland suck against characters that are hard to kill regularly like DDD or Sonic.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Looks like he has great ground mobility as well. His upb shroyuken looks ridiculous. Knew it would be more powerful than Mm's but holy **** that's strong. Ryu is lookin top tier right now.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Why should it be banned other than it being a strong CP against MK? If a character has poor mobility and recovery MK will **** on them, we already have to put up with BF's large blastzones though the stage is smaller.

The ryue stream is laggy as hell smh.
I meant we should ban it in sets. Comparing Battlefield to Dreamland is silly.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Both stages aren't all that great for MK, both have large blastzones.

Shuttle loop is wonky as hell on BF. I see this as another stage i can camp on.
If you jump instead of doing Shuttle Launch on Battlefield it is not 'wonky'. Battlefield is fine. The blast zones on Battlefield to Melee Dreamland are not even comparable.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Both blastzones are large, i don't care how large DL is compared to BF if it takes longer to kill than it does on FD then the stage sucks.

It still hinders his SL OOS. But yeah BF and DL aren't at all yep.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Both blastzones are large, i don't care how large DL is compared to BF if it takes longer to kill than it does on FD then the stage sucks.

It still hinders his SL OOS. But yeah BF and DL aren't at all yep.
Not really, no. It is harder to kill vertically on Battlefield but it is reasonable to do. In exchange, we get platforms that are easy to use with Mach Tornado and up air sharking. On Dreamland we can't kill through our normal means.

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
At least meta knight well last longer than he usually does. I don't think characters like Mario would be able to make it back at the outskirts of the balstzones

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
against characters with recoveries we can abuse (which is a lot of them) there's no reason to ban DL64 or KJ64

also the blast zones are allegedly smaller than in melee

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Man I was getting so aggravated just seeing those shuttle loops slip in the most BS ways and Sonic just being Sonic. Good matches though Itol.

Dat ******* at ~7:51:55 though. I don't want to ruin the surprise for others.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Seems to be claims on the main competitive character page that there's another balance patch between all this DLC talk.

I guess if one of you guys can't get onto the eShop, maybe toss around a few attacks and see what might be different for the bat?
(I would but I haven't started downloading)

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
I'm not home so I can't test anything, but if you guys could just download the new version and try out MK while eshop is broken, it would be lovely :D

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Inb4 everyone mains Rui like capt falcon
Except Captain Falcon is one of the easiest characters to be decent with in the game, all while Ryu will probably be one of the most difficult character to get good with because he's so technical compared to an overwhelming amount of the roster.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Considering how many smash players never picked up a SF game, I guess you won't see many ryu mains that are actually good unlike captain meme.

But he's such a fighting game legend that people WILL put work into him.

Apparently MKs jab deals more damage now, my update is coming soon I'll test MK before downloading ryu. The bat is still my no.1

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The end lag on jab has been lowered guys.

Ftilt does 8% instead of 7%

The angle ftilt sends people is different it seems.

Thats all I got, you guys should still ch3ck stuff out but he got jab and ftilt buff, the end lag on jab is waaaaaaaay different like its obvious dunno about ftilt.

FTILT GOT BUFFED IT KILLS NOW I KILLED GDORF AT THE EDGE OF FD AT 140% NO RAGE(no DI either but still)

I kid you not the angle and 1% damage buff made this into a kill move.

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
I'm so hyped for that ftilt change, damned.

Is the jab useful now, or did he just go from "should never be used" to "should not be used but if you mess up your dtilt input you're not 100% dead"?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
With Diddy Kong's up throw and up air nerfed once again (GODDAMMIT SAKARAI) and Meta Knight receiving some nice buffs, I wonder what's the MK vs. Diddy Kong match up now. Captain Falcon also got nerfed for some bizarre reason and Luigi's down throw was nerfed.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Luigi's d-throw got nerfed plus some diddy changes? (sorry Wac)plus MK buffs?
Christmas came early boys. Fate in Sakurai is restored. Hopefully sheik got nerfed as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom