• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The misunderstood Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord

Spam threads and misinformed posts will haunt EVERY board, not just us. We may have one of the worse ones, but we're definitely not the only ones. :/ And as I've said before, it's that attitude exactly why we're in such a mess. But at the very least, the few number of ourselves are trying to finish information, keep threads more organized + informative, or contributing useful information.

Spam threads and misinformed posts haunt ALL boards. Not just Falcon boards. Not just Smash boards. But all internet forums have their dose of poor posts.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
"I dont want you guys to play brawl+..I dont care what you guys do."

Funny. Just last month, you were considering a transition. :/ I see it as a bit of an embarrassment, that we consider a transition, when we don't even have complete data yet, much less matchups.

I dont see 'the funny'. And do you really expect anything big to change regarding falcons tier position?
I hope you dont, as it is very unlikely.

"I dont understand why you have become a mod..you weren't/arent posting here often etc. but w/e, I dont really care about that either tbh, as having a mod seems to be a good thing anyway."

In the Falcon BRoom, I told everyone that I was going to be inactive for the next couple of weeks in advance back then. I even told you personally. Now you're gonna pick on why I became Mod? Drop it, seriously. I took the job solely for helping the Falcon boards, yet how can I do that with so many people with an attitude like that? It's only a few number of us who try to get things done, or much less try. All others usually troll, spam, post incorrect/useless information, or just don't even try at all.

Why should I drop it..I already said its probably forthe best, but why it is you makes no sense to me.

"And I did my part of 'helping out'. I summed up 100 falcon techniques and discovered many falcon related things.

100. Huh.

Yes, 100.

"But all invain, this board is worthless at the moment, and it is not going to change, at least, you guys cannot make a difference unfortunatly."

Wanna bet?

Sure.

"Spam threads and misinformed posts will haunt this board forever.

Someone just asked me if Dash attack>SH Uair>jab>jab>grab was a true combo in brawl.
Well I'm sorry, but if people posting on this board (regularly) still dont know basic things like this are not real combo's, you guys are doomed."

Spam threads and misinformed posts will haunt EVERY board, not just us. We may have one of the worse ones, but we're definitely not the only ones. :/ And as I've said before, it's that attitude exactly why we're in such a mess. But at the very least, the few number of ourselves are trying to finish information, keep threads more organized + informative, or contributing useful information.

You guys are with too few. You guys will not be able to fix the board. And I dont see you guys doing anything to organize and/or develop falcons metagame..

I'd really wish you'd stop talking as if it's impossible.

I'd really wish for you to start to understand the situation.

Respondses in Cyan.^

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
There seems to be alot of Spam threads, but maybe thats because of the lack of informational threads.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Well, you know what? I expect his tier position to change. Not that Captain Falcon is the one changing. I believe that Falcon is already higher than that. The thing is players need to recognize that fact and change what the tier list claims him to be.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I dont see 'the funny'. And do you really expect anything big to change regarding falcons tier position?

Err, who said ANYTHING about changing the tier position? I acknowledge Capt. Falcon as one of the worst characters in the game. But if there's even a shred of anything that could change it by a little, I'll take it. I refuse to give up. That's my favorite part about working with the Falcon boards.

Why should I drop it..I already said its probably forthe best, but why it is you makes no sense to me.

Tbh, there are a few better candidates for the job in my mind. But at least most of the users here have accepted me, and look forward to working with me in the near future, as I do with them. If you can't even give me a chance, it'll never make sense to you.

Yes, 100.

So, I can ask around, and everyone will tell me you have exactly 100 USEFUL threads.

Sure.

Alright, lookin' forward to it.

You guys are with too few. You guys will not be able to fix the board. And I dont see you guys doing anything to organize and/or develop falcons metagame..

We may be small in number, but at least we're for helping. And like dramatic changes happens overnight, right?

What am I missing. What don't I understand. Please, enlighten me.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord

Tbh, there are a few better candidates for the job in my mind. But at least most of the users here have accepted me, and look forward to working with me in the near future, as I do with them. If you can't even give me a chance, it'll never make sense to you.
falchion is very knowledgeable. he use to post regularly a few months before you came, i'm guessing, can't remember. anyways we needed a mod here in the falcon boards, i don't think any of us would of been selected as a mod...

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
falchion is very knowledgeable. he use to post regularly a few months before you came, i'm guessing, can't remember. anyways we needed a mod here in the falcon boards, i don't think any of us would of been selected as a mod...
Before I was given the job, I knew we really needed a Mod. The ones we had at the same were pretty inactive, iirc. I'm just glad I have more availability these days. xP

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
stop with the arguments. And i would say to lock this thread soon. These arguments are harmful Thats the number one thing that tears us apart. Yeah, I said 'us'.

Darx is back baby

Zeallyx

Err, who said ANYTHING about changing the tier position? I acknowledge Capt. Falcon as one of the worst characters in the game. But if there's even a shred of anything that could change it by a little, I'll take it. I refuse to give up. That's my favorite part about working with the Falcon boards.

He's not one of the worst. He IS the worst.
Thats my point.

I agree there are few better candidates.
And I dont care who the mod here is, but it doesnt make sense to me you are the mod.
But again, I dont care.

Yes, 100.

So, I can ask around, and everyone will tell me you have exactly 100 USEFUL threads.

uhm..I said I summed up 100 falcon techniques..
I did that in my latest thread..

Sure.

Alright, lookin' forward to it.

cool.

We may be small in number, but at least we're for helping. And like dramatic changes happens overnight, right?

You do understand my points are based on a longer timespan, right?
This place is not going to change.

What am I missing. What don't I understand. Please, enlighten me.

If you cannot see how hopeless this board is, I advise you to look around the board, and look at the various posts in various topics over a timespan of 2-3 months.
This board has gone nowhere fast, and that is not changing anytime soon.
And if you know a way to fix the board, I'd like to see you do it.
Good luck.
Respondses in red.^

And@Smashbrother:
..You guys must accept falcon is dead last, before you can even think about developing his metagame.
This is one of the reasons why this place wont change.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
darx is gonna come back regardless. lolz. technically knee + darx never left. just laid back. (I don't mean this to be offensive at all)

also, why is everyone acting so...odd. its the internets. people are making these forums look like cults lol.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
darx is gonna come back regardless. lolz. technically knee + darx never left. just laid back. (I don't mean this to be offensive at all)

also, why is everyone acting so...odd. its the internets. people are making these forums look like cults lol.
If someone said "No darx. Don't come back" I would have left this place alone. But no one can prove that now.

I want people to have their old attitudes back. When the falcon boards were friends.

Zeallyx

If someone said "No darx. Don't come back" I would have left this place alone. But no one can prove that now.

I want people to have their old attitudes back. When the falcon boards were friends.
That attitude didnt accomplish anything, either.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
And@Smashbrother:
..You guys must accept falcon is dead last, before you can even think about developing his metagame.
This is one of the reasons why this place wont change.
Have you ever thought that maybe the mentality that he's 'last' is the reason this place won't change? We've gone a whole year thinking that and nothing changed. Perhaps it's time to try a new method.

Zeallyx

Have you ever thought that maybe the mentality that he's 'last' is the reason this place won't change? We've gone a whole year thinking that and nothing changed. Perhaps it's time to try a new method.
No. Most certainly not.
The reason most here dont even accept the fact falcon is dead last out of fanboyism, stubborness, or just stupidity is the reason you guys cannot progress.
You are all looking for things to build upon a misinformed image of your character.
That is the problem.

Lying to yourself doesnt help you.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
He's last and he's gonna be there until we work and the only thing we can do is make him better, lets stop griping and start moving on. He is never without an insane new tech going to be amazing. That does not mean he's pointless. He's fun and lets stop the drama fest.

Zeallyx

He's last and he's gonna be there until we work and the only thing we can do is make him better, lets stop griping and start moving on. He is never without an insane new tech going to be amazing. That does not mean he's pointless. He's fun and lets stop the drama fest.
No. The 'griping' is needed for people to even consider 'moving on'.
first inform people etc. before you even think about moving on.
This community is so misinformed, having a 'developing' thread wont do any good at this moment.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Look, you can't drill into people's skulls he's last. If they don't accept it, griping is just gonna create bad sentiments.

Now anyone who focuses on the drama between users, starts flaming another, or the drama over Falcon being last will be reported.

Zeallyx

Look, you can't drill into people's skulls he's last. If they don't accept it, griping is just gonna create bad sentiments.

Now anyone who focuses on the drama between users, starts flaming another, or the drama over Falcon being last will be reported.
You think you are helping the community, but you couldnt be more wrong.
You just admitted people are misinformed, and still insist on reporting posts 'informing' the ones who dont know.
This board is doomed, and reporting posts is not going to help the falcon board.

Zeallyx

I'm reporting this thread because it is off-topic spam and very pointless. It should be locked soon.
*facepalm*
way the go, sir anti development.

Well you couldnt save this board anyway, so it doesnt matter.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You think you are helping the community, but you couldnt be more wrong.
You just admitted people are misinformed, and still insist on reporting posts 'informing' the ones who dont know.
This board is doomed, and reporting posts is not going to help the falcon board.

Knee cut it out. Your attitude is not helping. If you don't want to help then leave please.

I thought these boards were doomed, but I see I was wrong. You all, I mean...we, are in a self destructive phase of typical board evolution. Nothing is in a standstill forever, and in the end we start anew.

Your attitude is really hurting what I am trying to accomplish. I gave you a chance to leave when I made our good-bye thread, and you took it. Now you are back trying to convince these people that they can't do crap about the current condition.

I talked to Illinialex about helping these boards out and lending a hand. We'll do it together. If you can't stand that then leave. Leave or shut up and help.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Thanks Darx. Now on topic:

Here, proof that the SBR is biased an misunderstands Falcon. C. Falcon is being completely ignored at this point. Even if he really is better that last (character rankings list history) nothing is going to change on the tiers to more accuratly portray his position. They don't even care about us! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221797

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Haha, man. Despite what everyone says, I still think Captain Falcon is quite viable! It just takes strong players... Gosh, I guess there aren't any good players who choose to use Captain Falcon in tournament though. I heard Fiction has a pretty mean Falcon, and Champ still places high with Fox/Falcon/Sheik. Step it up Falcon boards!

Zeallyx

Knee cut it out. Your attitude is not helping. If you don't want to help then leave please.

I am helping. Only you guys are too misinformed/stupid or too much of a falcon fanboy to actually see what is going on.

I thought these boards were doomed, but I see I was wrong. You all, I mean...we, are in a self destructive phase of typical board evolution. Nothing is in a standstill forever, and in the end we start anew.

This board is doomed. You were right when you thought that.
The difference between this boards 'phase' and this phase pf other boards is that this boards posters lack the knowledge etc. to get out of this phase.
Meaning this board is doomed.

Your attitude is really hurting what I am trying to accomplish. I gave you a chance to leave when I made our good-bye thread, and you took it. Now you are back trying to convince these people that they can't do crap about the current condition.

My 'attitude' is just me telling you guys the truth about how it stands now. And as you guys still dont seem to understand your current situation, you atre only proving my point.

I talked to Illinialex about helping these boards out and lending a hand. We'll do it together. If you can't stand that then leave. Leave or shut up and help.

Illinialex thinks he can change every board he visits. Well not this one my friend(s).
Even together you guys cant accomplish jack

I thought you were one of the knowledgable posters here. Ah well, respondes in Cyan.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom