• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To be fair, wasn't it Inafune who was very open? Granted clearly Capcom was as well, but they love putting their characters in other franchises so I guess it makes sense.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
To be fair, wasn't it Inafune who was very open? Granted clearly Capcom was as well, but they love putting their characters in other franchises so I guess it makes sense.
You can also add Ono/Mr. Blanka/Street Fighter Jesus/Harada's Punching Bag to the list of very open people at Capcom

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Before Brawl was released I got my question read to Inafune on a podcast. I asked about the possibility of mega man in brawl. He was open, he just said Nintendo would have to request it first. Now we see that that is precisely what happened

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Man since tuesday i dont know how many times ive watched the megman trailer and developer video. Its just so awesome, and he turned out exactly as id had hoped, even with the blue parts being a shiny metal like we had talked about a few weeks back.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Man since tuesday i dont know how many times ive watched the megman trailer and developer video. Its just so awesome, and he turned out exactly as id had hoped, even with the blue parts being a shiny metal like we had talked about a few weeks back.
i've literally watched the trailer more than i've watched melee matches... :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
According to the bonus feature from the GameCube anniversary collection, a guy from Capcom had a friend of his create it in a few hours
"Hi, I have a favour to ask you.
You do?
Ya. We're almost done with a game, and I want you to design the cover.
I remember you drawing skills back at the playschool. This will be perfect!
The game includes bla, bla, bla.
Well, I've got a couple of hours before bedtime. I'll get on it right away.
You can trust me on this one."

D

Deleted member

Yep, although considering he left Capcom before Smash 4 was announced, I doubt he would have any say in regards to whenever or not Mega Man got in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

He had say in what happened in SFxT >.>
The decision on Mega Man in Street Fighter X Tekken was made before Inafune left. By the time SSB4 was even announced at E3 2011, Keiji Inafune was gone from Capcom.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Hoping he has a protoman costume llike how lucas colors were that of claus or maybe protoman as a assist trophy i also like to know if his final smash will be Super Rock man

D

Deleted member

Rate Their Chance Day 1 - Part 2 is up!

Predict Palutena's score, nominate candidates, give thoughts on Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's likelihood and vote for which veterans you don't want to see on Rate Their Chance. But mainly here because this is our opportunity to give our thoughts on Mega Man before unconfirmed characters start to get rated.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At the very least, Bad Box Art Megaman should be an alternate color. Same with Protoman and Bass. But his colors could be based on common power-up colors that are in the Megaman games. Like red/orange, green/white, and so on and so forth.

Neo Zero

I don't know about you guys but is looking like he'll one of the higher charaters on the tier list.
We know 12 characters for sure and the game isn't even finished. Can people please stop the "X is looking top tier"

Unless its the attention to detail to Mega Man's look, weapons and animations are top tier. Than that's ok.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
We know 12 characters for sure and the game isn't even finished. Can people please stop the "X is looking top tier"

Unless its the attention to detail to Mega Man's look, weapons and animations are top tier. Than that's ok.

Pff, we can't accurately judge whether or not his animations are top tier until Sakurai's revealed Mega Man's taunts. WHAT ARE THEY, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Pff, we can't accurately judge whether or not his animations are top tier until Sakurai's revealed Mega Man's taunts. WHAT ARE THEY, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?
I think that one of them is a kind of crouch/in place teleport. Sakurai used it, whatever it was, right here in the match against Mario at E3.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hi guys! Guess who's your new mod here (along with Red Ryu) :D

I really never posted in SSB4 boards, I just lurked in them once in a while. I wasn't interested, but the Megaman announcement changed my mind completely.
Which is funnier because I did NEVER expected Megaman to be in, specially because it is third-party and Nintendo didn't look interested in third-party characters (Snake was added by Kojima's initiative as far as I know).
So I hope we all can get along!

D

Deleted member

@qdMbp: With alternate costumes ruled out (for some strange reason), I wonder if one of their taunts will allow Mega Man to remove his helmet, even if only for a brief period. I need to see dat hair.
Hi guys! Guess who's your new mod here (along with Red Ryu) :D

I really never posted in SSB4 boards, I just lurked in them once in a while. I wasn't interested, but the Megaman announcement changed my mind completely.
Which is funnier because I did NEVER expected Megaman to be in, specially because it is third-party and Nintendo didn't look interested in third-party characters (Snake was added by Kojima's initiative as far as I know).
So I hope we all can get along!
Great to have you on board. Looking forward to seeing what you have here.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh right! I actually forgot that we'd seen one of his taunts. I'm glad that the teleport-beam is represented in some way, even if it's an entirely useless teleportation in place.

I'm still not sure that his interview meant that alt costumes were ruled out, or if costume customization isn't allowed, like adding random accessories. It certainly wouldn't make sense to say that representing a character's other appearances throughout the years hurts their image.

I would love to unlock a few alternate costumes for Mega, including one without his helmet.

Neo Zero

@qdMbp: With alternate costumes ruled out (for some strange reason), I wonder if one of their taunts will allow Mega Man to remove his helmet, even if only for a brief period. I need to see dat hair.
I thought it was customizable costumes were ruled out, not alt costumes.

Neo Zero

Something interesting I've been thinking about lately concerning Mega Man's custom death animation.

You know how when Zero dies in MvC3, it's unique in how it handles incoming mix ups and sides or w/e right? I was thinking, what if Mega Man dies from a top of the screen KO differently. Like instead of drifting into the background/foreground, he just explodes when he reaches the top. I know theres no evidence of it, but it just seems like his custom death animation wouldnt work right with the normal dying.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Something interesting I've been thinking about lately concerning Mega Man's custom death animation.

You know how when Zero dies in MvC3, it's unique in how it handles incoming mix ups and sides or w/e right? I was thinking, what if Mega Man dies from a top of the screen KO differently. Like instead of drifting into the background/foreground, he just explodes when he reaches the top. I know theres no evidence of it, but it just seems like his custom death animation wouldnt work right with the normal dying.
I suspect that they may still just have him turn into a star or bounce off the screen. Ooo, maybe he'll explode on contact with the screen. That would be pretty cool. The screen IS made of spikes, after all.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Hi, not sure if this has been discussed or not. I just recently discovered this particular thread lol I was watching the Mario vs Mega Man gameplay from E3 and I spotted this strange move which appeared to be Mega Man's Uair attack. Now I've seen the gameplay footage a hundred times and I've just noticed that at the very end before the time runs out Sakurai jumps up and performs this attack (first time he ever uses it in that match) like his intention was to tease the audience.

I took the liberty of uploading the time stamp of the video where the move occurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb4i7_Pg-AY

Neo Zero

Hi, not sure if this has been discussed or not. I just recently discovered this particular thread lol I was watching the Mario vs Mega Man gameplay from E3 and I spotted this strange move which appeared to be Mega Man's Uair attack. Now I've seen the gameplay footage a hundred times and I've just noticed that at the very end before the time runs out Sakurai jumps up and performs this attack (first time he ever uses it in that match) like his intention was to tease the audience.

I took the liberty of uploading the time stamp of the video where the move occurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb4i7_Pg-AY
While I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the gesture, this has already been catalogued in my moveset thread and mentioned numerous times.

D

Deleted member

I'm more curious to how they would handle his death scene in a survival mode (what mode is that again where the HP deplete)? Like if Mega Man reaches 0 HP, he would immediately do his custom death animation?

Have to admit, was kind of surprised Mega Man got a custom death scene for a simple KO. That goes to show how well Mega Man turned out.

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice

I kinda doubt that's the case, but it'd be kind of cool if it is. Kinda like in his own game when he dies to spike ceilings. I don't think anyone should be immune to blasting off again, though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ABSOLUTELY BRO!

I had lost hope lol. I gotta say I'm really impressed with how they executed him. His moveset is pretty close to the ideas we were tossing around on here before Brawl. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!
You lost hope before, but now, there is no hope. No. There is only GLORIOUS VICTORY!!! FOR MEGA MAN IS OURS, AND NO ONE CAN DARE TAKE HIM AWAY!!!

You hear that MEGA MAN HATERS=??? YOU CAN GO DRINK FROM THE TAP OF LOSERS, WHICH IS JUST WATERED DOWN SODA!!! :devil:
It helps that Capcom was already very open to the idea of Mega Man in Smash.
I got the impression in Brawl that Sakurai and Nintendo were waiting on a call from Capcom, and Capcom was waiting on a call from Sakurai and Nintendo.

I'm pretty sure this time around Sakurai and Nintendo asked for the rights to use Mega Man right off the bat.

To be fair, many people felt Meta Knight was gonna be the top tier when he was first unveiled, and they were 100% right.

On the flip side, I can't think of many smart posters who thought the same of Pit.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I got the impression in Brawl that Sakurai and Nintendo were waiting on a call from Capcom, and Capcom was waiting on a call from Sakurai and Nintendo.

I'm pretty sure this time around Sakurai and Nintendo asked for the rights to use Mega Man right off the bat.
Well Sakurai did say he went to Capcom with the ideas.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Sakurai did say he went to Capcom with the ideas.
Yep. Sakurai took the initiative, and I think he did it fairly early on; like literally as they began adding characters.

Considering how it comes across like Capcom doesn't care about Mega Man, I think it meant they were real loose with him in regards to what Sakurai could do. Whatever Sakurai does with Mega Man (both the character and franchise) in smash I think will inevitably be hyped up by Capcom once the Blue Bomber makes his return. And it will be GLORIOUS, much like when Street Fighter came back from the grave.

Neo Zero

what's the deal with megaman's symbol?
Its fairly generic. Honesty, I can't think of one time that symbol ever shows up in Mega Man. Besides the Helmet, really should of at least gone with a Screw. Ah well, its roboty enough I guess.

Neo Zero

Question guys. I had an idea of how lay out the major threads of this board. Who do you think the 9 most important characters to label a thread under would be?

I was personally thinking

1. Mega Man
2. Roll
3. Dr. Light
4. Dr. Wily
5. Proto Man
6. Bass
7. Auto
8. Rush (or possibly group all the helpers so Rush, Beat and Eddie)
9. Dr Cossack or Zero

Any recommendations?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Question guys. I had an idea of how lay out the major threads of this board. Who do you think the 9 most important characters to label a thread under would be?

I was personally thinking

1. Mega Man
2. Roll
3. Dr. Light
4. Dr. Wily
5. Proto Man
6. Bass
7. Auto
8. Rush (or possibly group all the helpers so Rush, Beat and Eddie)
9. Dr Cossack or Zero

Any recommendations?
It really depends on which type of thread you want to create.
It's way too earliy to create threads based on In Game Facts, though, except for the Weapon Get Thread, since we've seen a little from his moves.

What type of thread do you have in mind?

I have a lot of thread-title-ideas in store - most of them involving Robot Masters.
Lots of comical logic awaits.

You've already used Roll, btw. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom