• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It really depends on which type of thread you want to create.
It's way too earliy to create threads based on In Game Facts, though, except for the Weapon Get Thread, since we've seen a little from his moves.

What type of thread do you have in mind?

I have a lot of thread-title-ideas in store - most of them involving Robot Masters.
Lots of comical logic awaits.

You've already used Roll, btw. :p
Of course, but I actually have a lot of banners made already. The threads wont see creation until a better time (as I've made clear before I think) but I wanted to get planning out of the way of the little details that can be formulated.

I used Dr Light, and even Mega Man (Weapon Get) too :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive finally played a mega man game properly and i really enjoyed it so im looking forward to in smash a lot more now

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, this might be a bit off-topic, but has anyone played Megaman Xtreme? I already beaten normal mode, and now I'm almost though the hard difficulty too.

As for Megaman in Smash, I really want to see what his other throws are soon, I hope that they are pretty cool. But they could just be more or less the same as the up throw we saw in the E3 trailer not too long ago.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well, this might be a bit off-topic, but has anyone played Megaman Xtreme? I already beaten normal mode, and now I'm almost though the hard difficulty too.
I've played both games in the series. They're ok though I did like the inclusion of Iris in the second game.

Played and beaten both Xtreme games.

0-10 MU
I saw that last night and I couldn't stop laughing. You know, Sonic looks like he's about to burst out laughing at the sheer absurdity of the situation.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
So how does anyone else feel about him having a meteor attack with range? IMO the Hard Knuckle looks like it might be slightly broken, but we'll see.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So how does anyone else feel about him having a meteor attack with range? IMO the Hard Knuckle looks like it might be slightly broken, but we'll see.
yea, the blue bombers air game seems OP with that everything at his disposal seems OP, but then again, it could just be the trailer making him look as powerful as possible.

Neo Zero

yea, the blue bombers air game seems OP with that everything at his disposal seems OP, but then again, it could just be the trailer making him look as powerful as possible.
Thank you, someone gets what the trailers supposed to do.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

As for Megaman in Smash, I really want to see what his other throws are soon, I hope that they are pretty cool. But they could just be more or less the same as the up throw we saw in the E3 trailer not too long ago.

I own both Xtreme games. I find them really enjoyable. Xtreme 2 is a lot better for a great number of reasons.
-Playing as X, Zero, and freestyle (as much of either over the other as you prefer).
-Boss Rush Mode (with an added surprise)
-Ridiculously bad grammar/typos
-Ridiculously cheesy dialogue.

Oh, but what I like the most is the customization options. They may be inferior to their console counterparts, but there's still room to include some extras that didn't make it to their big bros.
Essentially, they're like what the classic Game Boy Mega Man games were, except in the X storyline.

Never thought Megaman X music in 8-Bit would sound so awesome, btw. I was never too fond of the SNES instrumentalization, so I found some of the songs there a bit better.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Meteor Effect probably only aplies at Close - Close/Mid Range.
Similar to Brawl Ganon's aerial down+b.

But who knows, right.
Just a guess.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright, I need to ask something because this has kind of been bugging me lately...

Who here doesn't consider Mega Man 9 and 10 to "exist"?

I'm talking about people saying that Mega Man's last game was either Mega Man & Bass for the GBA, or whatever pre Mega Man 9 game was released a long time ago.

9 and 10 were awesome, and two of the best games in the franchise IMHO. But I don't know how to feel about people who overlook them just because the graphics weren't up to their expectations.

I really hope Mega Man's FS is something releated to one of these two games. Either Tornado Man's attack that would blow opponents upwards and out of the screen, or... I don't know, lol.

Isn't there still a Down B move that we don't know what it does?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Alright, I need to ask something because this has kind of been bugging me lately...

Who here doesn't consider Mega Man 9 and 10 to "exist"?

I'm talking about people saying that Mega Man's last game was either Mega Man & Bass for the GBA, or whatever pre Mega Man 9 game was released a long time ago.

9 and 10 were awesome, and two of the best games in the franchise IMHO. But I don't know how to feel about people who overlook them just because the graphics weren't up to their expectations.

I really hope Mega Man's FS is something releated to one of these two games. Either Tornado Man's attack that would blow opponents upwards and out of the screen, or... I don't know, lol.

Isn't there still a Down B move that we don't know what it does?
I'll be honest and admit that I didn't like the idea of the 8-bit style of MM9 and 10. I even raged a bit when MM9 was revealed to have the NES graphics. With that said, I consider MM9 and 10 to be true sequels and I really enjoyed them both. I hope we get something from 9 or 10 in SSB4 - both had really awesome Dr. Wily themes and the final battles with Wily in MM10 made me feel epic!

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
i know it really early in development but he is ridiculous so far making new elements in the game like projectile meteor smash and regular attacks -_-

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Megaman 9 and Megaman 10 are true games.

From what I understand, they were considered the last Megaman games for a while.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
i know it really early in development but he is ridiculous so far making new elements in the game like projectile meteor smash and regular attacks -_-

Hey, let's wait and see, for all we know, Mega Man's dair has a lot of after-lag! And I'm personally fine with his regular attacks. It's unique, and they don't even flinch the opponent. He's still going to have a hard time against the likes of Falco and perhaps Pit too.

Neo Zero

Hey, let's wait and see, for all we know, Mega Man's dair has a lot of after-lag! And I'm personally fine with his regular attacks. It's unique, and they don't even flinch the opponent. He's still going to have a hard time against the likes of Falco and perhaps Pit too.
Except we don't know how anyone will be in 4 really.

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
yeah i know i mean never been a huge fan of mega-man (only liked his nes games ) and didnt care for him to be in it, but when i see the style they made like classic mega-man he kinda grew on me but so far those moves he has are crazy, but i like it cuz with all these new ppl they have announced it just gets me more hype for the others characters.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Mega Man 9 and 10 were great, and really worked well with the 8-bit style. However, I will be really pissed if Capcom makes a Mega Man 11 in 8-bit. They really need to move on with the franchise, and although 9 and 10 were a nice throwback and great games overall, what would be really awesome is an HD, 2.5 D Mega Man game on the Wii U and PS4/Xbone. That would be the sh*t.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'll be honest and admit that I didn't like the idea of the 8-bit style of MM9 and 10. I even raged a bit when MM9 was revealed to have the NES graphics.
Personally, I love the fact that they used the same old graphics.

And 9/10 are definitely instant classics - I'd put them in the same box as 1-8.
They even gave them both a "Weird Looking" Box Cover, thus adding to the classic feel.

Look at Killer Instinct.
SNES 1994
N64 1996
Xbox 2013(14)
That's 17 years between the games, and KI3 is considered to belong to the old games.

Is it the aftershock from Sonic's tap that kills Megaman,
or the needles when Megaman taps Sonic?

The later seems logical since Megaman dies a lot from falling into pits filled with spikes in many Megaman Stages.
(Not only Megaman has the habit of falling on spikes, though)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Played and beaten both Xtreme games.

lol, surprised Mega Man didn't release a Flicky upon blowing up, but I guess that would've been too much. XD

Anyway..
I'm glad 9 and 10 turned out the way they did. Graphics, music, and everything. I don't think I would've enjoyed them as much if they played like MM8 and the music was done in MM8 style. (Though yeah, I'm aware not everything would've necessarily gone exactly like MM8)

Neo Zero

So has anyone been playing Project X Zone? Something interesting I saw. Click at your own discretion.

In Ch. 37, Vile makes his last stand against our Maverick Hunters. Upon losing, Vile is in disbelief and mentions how it isn't fair, how he can't live up to the legend of Mega Man. Now while it's certainly nothing to be considered too cannon considering this is the same game where X and Tron live in the same time period, but it got me to thinking, could Vile's hatred of X stem from the combination of how X is treated so special (which anyone who's played Maverick Hunter X would know) and also, in combination that he can't be the great hero the original Mega Man was, the one people looked up too, yet X, a novice hunter, is the next in line of the Mega Man line just because he was born from Doctor Light. Also, it was probably the only time I've ever felt sorry for Vile, and viewed him more than just an angsty teenager. Got all of my feels

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So I was replaying Mega Man 8 right now. And I had heard he had a ball double jump, so I started playing around with it until I finally pulled it off.

...Wow! It's like a pseudo-infinite double jump! This certainly improved the game a lot for me! I think I might like it better than 7 or Bass now! Maybe even over MM4.

So far there has been no representation of MM5, MM9, and MM10. (MM&B too). But I like what we've gotten so far. :D

Neo Zero

So I was replaying Mega Man 8 right now. And I had heard he had a ball double jump, so I started playing around with it until I finally pulled it off.

...Wow! It's like a pseudo-infinite double jump! This certainly improved the game a lot for me! I think I might like it better than 7 or Bass now! Maybe even over MM4.

So far there has been no representation of MM5, MM9, and MM10. (MM&B too). But I like what we've gotten so far. :D
I dunno, it makes an already easy game even easier. Fun for speed running though I suppose. Can't say I miss the ball quite frankly though.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I'm glad people are warming up to MM8, it is actually my favorite game in the classic series. I really like Rush Bike, the Mega Ball, and that awesome Met loading screen.
Personally, I love the fact that they used the same old graphics.

And 9/10 are definitely instant classics - I'd put them in the same box as 1-8.
They even gave them both a "Weird Looking" Box Cover, thus adding to the classic feel.
Well, to each their own I guess. But at the time I was already tired of the 8-bit fad going on and confirming the sequel I had long waited for in that same style I dreaded didn't help. I dunno, I just feel the beautiful world of Megaman (classic) should be explored a little more and the 8-bit graphics (while good for gameplay) doesn't do it justice. The setting is practically a futuristic wonderland (barring the obvious killer robots of course) but you can hardly tell in many of the games.

But as I said, I'm long over that and I really enjoyed MM9 and MM10. They're among my favorites as well. Though looking back, I really think the "retro style" was just cutting costs and producing budget friendly games.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
The only idle animation I've seen besides him blinking is the one where he holds the buster up, which as far as I've seen is the only one he does in the Developer Direct (besides standing around and blinking of course). That makes me think it's either a taunt or something related to his Final Smash.

Neo Zero

I like the part where he wants to crush his kids confidence by beating them

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So now I'm glad that the reason Mega Man was never found here (remember this?)

was that he was being summoned into a bigger battlefield.

Still glad Smash Bros. got the better end of the stick in the end. Though no disrespect to Zero or Tron. They are great too (just not AS great as the original blue bomber. ;D )

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Still glad Smash Bros. got the better end of the stick in the end. Though no disrespect to Zero or Tron. They are great too (just not AS great as the original blue bomber. ;D )
I just about screamed with excitement when I saw Megaman in the trailer. I mean, it was a library computer, so I had to be quiet....

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Not Just a bigger battlefield, a better battlefield! I always thought that after his rejection from MvC3 and UMvC3 he should focus on getting with gaming best instead.

The next time Ryu, Trish, and Magneto show Megaman the door, he'll show them a Smash Ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom