• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qJmzalIXRKw#!
Confirms that Mega Man's up+B is Rush Coil in the air as well.

Which... effectively just makes it identical to Sonic's recovery. Kind of a strange choice. Or, is Rush only summoned in the air and it's just the uppercut on the ground?
If multiple characters shoot tether whips, why can't multiple characters use springs?

Oh god, that Shadow pic. I have to actively resist laughing every time I see him with a gun. It just looks so absurd.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If multiple characters shoot tether whips, why can't multiple characters use springs?

Oh god, that Shadow pic. I have to actively resist laughing every time I see him with a gun. It just looks so absurd.

If you want me to, I can complain about the multiple tether whips too. :p
To be fair though, the Beat Whistle would be a lot like Snake's recovery and the teleport would be a lot like Zelda's. It's hard to have completely original moves at this point, I suppose.

Ohhh Shadow. You so crazy. I'll never understand that choice. Or really most of the Sonic franchise's recent choices...

"If I recall correctly, our fans... like bestiality, right?"

D

Deleted member

Still recovering from my hype. I have a big victory post I will make to help celebrate this momentous occasion.
I am sorry, but... it feels like an empty victory.
This is hardly an empty victory. Mega Man has been a popular request ever since the pre-Melee days and in the past few years, have suffered through a lot to the point where many fans though he was dead for good. Mega Man's confirmation is a triumphal victory for the fans as it not only indicates that he was considered worthy of a spot but also that Capcom hasn't forgotten about the franchise.

If Mega Man was ever in need of being saved, then a Smash Bros. appearance has done exactly that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm still getting over the shock from that reveal trailer. That was one of the sickest things I've ever witnessed. When the Wily's Castle music kicked in I freaking lost it. Duuuuude. :shades:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm going to come out and say I didn't care much for Megaman being in the game until I found out he was released and watched his trailer.

And now I'm totally hyped.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Such awesome news, wish i could have been here sooner but i had work and the site was goofed too. But man, i always dreamed to see it happen and its something you imagine but are never ready to see no matter how much you think about it. Megman deserves it and im happy for all who supported him, and best of all now we get all of his awesome music.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Mega Man is officially a maverick in Smash though. Especially when he tried to decapitate Mario and Link. :laugh:

I'd like to assume that Mega Man is in the game as himself as he hunts down a bunch of rogue "trophies" that've been animated and are now a threat to humanity. The story of Smash Bros finally revealed!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Let me just add that his death explosion actually being in this game makes it quite a bit more awesome.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i went to the official PSASBR forums and most of them took to the Wii Fit Trainer quickly. :rolleyes:

But to bring this back on topic. They also are jealous because we have the most wanted third parties now. :laugh:

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I can't handle this greatness. I'm about to explode with hype.

No, I really am going to explode. Someone please help me.

AAAAAAHOHMYGODYEEEEESSSTHISISTOOGOODHOWCOULDIHAVEEVERDOUBTYOUSAKURAIPLEASEFORGIVEMEALLHAILSAKURAIAGGHIMABOUTTOSUFFOCATEBUTIDONTCAREILLDIEHAPPYAAAAAAHHHHHIDIDNTEVENSUPPORTMEGAMANTHISMUCHBUTNOWIKNOWTHETRUTHIHAVESEENTHELIGHTMEGAMANISTHEONETRUEGODANDSAKURAIISTHESUPERGODINOWHAVEANEWMAINIFIMANAGETOSURVIVETHISEXPLOSI-

*BOOOMM!!!!*

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The reveal trailer and sound effects were amazing. The game as a whole looks pretty and flows oh so nice. Megaman fits in well and has a variety of flashy moves. Seems like he could be taking Snake's place as character with most projectiles. His aerial Up (tornado) and down (broken looking hardman glove), his buster, his Smash buster, his metal blade, his sticky grenade, and his leaf shield.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So i went to the official PSASBR forums and most of them took to the Wii Fit Trainer quickly. :rolleyes:

But to bring this back on topic. They also are jealous because we have the most wanted third parties now. :laugh:
There must be some really frustrated MvC3 fans out there right now.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im assuming you guys have seen this video with sakurai showing off a number of characters skills with megaman at the end, but just in case here it is

D

Deleted member

Perhaps in the future we can play this to a company that creates quality games and cares about their fans. Mega Man being in Super Smash Bros. 4 is a step in the right direction.

Well, how about that? To think that just a day ago I made a rally post for Mega Man's inclusion, preparing for a possible war against other third-party fan base. A day later and we as the fans are finally celebrating over Mega Man's inclusion in the game. I myself couldn't have been happier.

It feels surreal to finally have Mega Man in the game and to have a subforum dedicated to him. Hard to imagine that when I first started to support Mega Man in 2008 that today, he would finally be confirmed as playable. Needless to say, it's been a long struggle to get him in; a struggle that lasted for seven years. Within the last few years, Mega Man has endured significant hardships. Three cancelled titles (not counting Maverick Hunters), being left out of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and the ultimate edition, a critically panned iOS game that never reached the state and among other things. Needless to say, many fans became pessimistic about Mega Man's future and many doubted a playable appearance.

Nevertheless, the fire in the supporter's heart did not die out in the past few years. Instead, support for the Blue Bomber has only grown as more people joined in whereas the desire to see Mega Man in people already supporting Mega Man has only intensified. Not only did fans support Mega Man because they wanted him in Smash, but because they wanted assurance that Capcom did care about Mega Man and that they didn't want Mega Man to die. It was not only a fight for Mega Man's inclusion, but to many, a fight for survival.

I myself was very nervous about Mega Man's chances of getting in. In the last few months before his confirmation, I had upheld private doubts about him appearing and those doubts only became stronger. At times, I was overwhelmed by them and might have even considered giving up. Yet I knew that giving up was a sign of weakness and that likelihood should not determine what I want and what I don't want to see. I supported Mega Man not because of expectations but because I cared about him as a video game character and wanted to see him duke it out with Nintendo legends such as Mario and Kirby.

Strangely enough, because of my fear that Pac-Man would be unveiled instead, I was actually not planning on watching the Nintendo Direct trailer and would check back to see who got in. Then last night, ChronoBound asked me to watch the Nintendo Direct trailer since it was held right before I went to school (I have summer school for college algebra). Knowing that I wanted to do himself a favor, I decided to take the offer.

I then woke up at shortly before 8 AM and realized that it was only a hour before the Direct. After taking a shower, eating and putting on clothes, I then went to Skype to join some of my friends. Really enjoyed the show and it's already gotten a few games I want to buy on the Wii-U aside from Smash 4, so I plan on picking up a Wii-U soon before they start to sell out of them (it'll be the deluxe version). Then came the Smash 4 trailer, which was the day of judgment began. I was surprised to see so how the game had changed and one thing I really liked was how the art style was much more appealing. Villager's inclusion, while it caught me off guard, made me really interested in his inclusion and I look forward to playing as the Villager.

And then I saw Mario, Link and the others look up towards another character. It was a mysterious guest and I was curious to see who it was. Was it Lloyd Irving? But when said character got a closer look, I knew who it was; no other than the Blue Bomber myself.

I went crazy over his inclusion. His appearance, his move set and seeing him fit so well with Nintendo really brought a smile to my face. Now sure, I could have seen him fit in really well with the cast, but not THIS well. It was like the perfect inclusion, the moment that I and many Mega Man fans were waiting for. This was special occasion and as such, convinced me that I need a Wii-U and need to get this game.

It even convinced detractors that hey, Mega Man is interesting, play as him. His inclusion was remarkable and done incredibly well. I feel as Mega Man's inclusion will be received much better than Snake's was (and that was received really well), possibly even better than Sonic's was.

When I let this news sink into me, I realized something; the battle was over. Mega Man is in and hope has been restored for the franchise. There will truly be nothing else that hypes me more than Mega Man's inclusion did.

Even though the battle is over, it does not mean that I am done with Mega Man here. As I said before, I plan on sticking around to discuss Mega Man in Smash and I will enjoy every moment. Even when I am going around support other characters I desire to see such as King K. Rool and Roy, I will at least know that my most wanted character will always be there and that is something I can't be thankful enough for.

Today was the day when many, many fans cried tears of joy, a day many though would never come. Never forget about the significant of Mega Man's inclusion in this game. When the franchise returns to making quality games, part of the reason will be due to Smash.

Thank you Capcom for allowing Mega Man to be in and thank you Sakurai for going through the efforts of adding Mega Man. This would not be possible without both sides agreeing.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
First, off I just wanna say congrats to the OP. EXCELLENT WORK SIR!!!

Secondly, it's about DANG TIME!!!

Thirdly, HE'S IN WOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Shout-outs to my oldschool RMB bros.
I knew we could do it, and I couldn't be happier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7oOxUBbYQ
Yessir! RMB FTW!! It took us several years, but finally....

If Mega Man makes it tomorrow I will get a new avatar. If it's .exe or star force I will request to be banned for life from these boards
Incoming avi as promised...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Characters with reflectors can reflect half his attacks. Including his Forward Smash. Fighting Fox may be a nightmare. Seems like Megaman cannot overuse his Down Smash or Up Smash without suffering lag from overheating. And I am not sure if Down Smash is a killer; looks like a damage-racker.

But that down aerial looks over-powered. Especially combined with his great vertical recovery.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After looking at it, it seems that the basic buster shot doesn't have much range to it. So if it's his A move that makes some sense. Maybe the basic shot won't be reflected by the Cape and the Shine. Though it's still possible. And honestly, Megaman will likely be one of my top used characters.

Kantrip

Kantplay
His zoning game looks really fun from the brief look we got, what with his saw blade and all. I am very excited to play him.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Characters with reflectors can reflect half his attacks. Including his Forward Smash. Fighting Fox may be a nightmare. Seems like Megaman cannot overuse his Down Smash or Up Smash without suffering lag from overheating. And I am not sure if Down Smash is a killer; looks like a damage-racker.

But that down aerial looks over-powered. Especially combined with his great vertical recovery.
if your look at the Mario vs mega man video, the down smash does like 45%, and im not even sure if all the hit boxes connected :o

JPW

Smash Ace
Another thing i noticed in the trailer two of my favourite MM themes.

MM2 Intro and Dr. Wily MM2 theme.

Be nice if there was a customisation setup with Megaman. I would of loved Magnets and Shadow Sabers. (Magnet Man-Mega Man 3)
Surprised they went with Top Spin that's one of the worst powers in MM3(my opinion).... though it does work quite well if you want to beat Shadow Man easily.

Also Crash Bombs looks like it could replace Gooey Bomb.

Not a fan of other picking up Megaman's blades, hopefully it's all about timing. Guess it'll require better strategy when pulling out that move, do kind of like how you can choose its direction.

Everything i've seen so far with MM seems like it'll be Classic touches though, which i absolutely love.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I just noticed Megaman's little series icon in his character profile is a metal blade, which is kinda of an odd choice. Or it's just a gear...which is still kind of an odd choice. I would have expected Megaman's helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom