• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure it's a gear

Since it doesn't look anything like a saw blade

grizby2

Smash Lord
I just noticed Megaman's little series icon in his character profile is a metal blade, which is kinda of an odd choice. Or it's just a gear...which is still kind of an odd choice. I would have expected Megaman's helmet.
its a gear, and I also thought it would just be his head :\
OH WELL! AT LEAST HES IN RIGHT?! XD

I just had a thought. they had a model of him without his helmet in the trailer... I sure do hope that's one of his Alts!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I WAS BORN WITH A F**KING E-TANK UP MY A**.

My life is now ..... CompletE.

Make me a mod at the Megaman Boards, please.
I have so much in store already.

cloudmax

Smash Rookie
Something I thought of when I saw the Gear symbol.
I, like many others, expected the icon to be his helm or head.
However, if they (even though it isn't likely given it's a guest character) have multiple characters from the same series, it would make more sense to pick a more generic symbol, symbolizing the game franchise as a whole instead of just Megaman himself.
You also have to take into consideration that stages and such from the Megaman franchise will use the icon. Using a character as the franchise symbol doesn't seem logical in this case.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that Megaman is in Super Smash Bros. Answer my questions:

1)Why megaman is a ******? I expected him as teenager like Megaman 8 (okay, i accept this)
2)What happen if Kirby inhales Megaman?
3)Yellow Devil is the boss from Story Mode or Megaman's Final Smash?
4)And Dr. Wily? Will he appear in the Megaman's Battlefield or in the Story Mode?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone notice that Mega Man's initial appearance in Smash Wii U was the same appearance as what many fan videos had for Sonic=??? I thought that was kind of a funny coincidence that actually isn't a coincidence in the slightest! :shades:

It's kinda amazing my most wanted newcomer was confirmed right off the bat. The last time that happened was Bowser in Melee! :) And to make this even sweeter than getting Bowser then, I've waited FOURTEEN YEARS to see Mega Man confirmed as playable, whereas with Bowser took like maybe 14 months. But you know what guys=??? The wait, the hype, the speculation, the anticipation... IT WAS WORTH IT!!!! :p
[collapse="Here's the Mega Man songs I have in my Project M..."]
Battlefield:
Battlefield (Main Theme Remix) = Dr. Wily Castle 1 Rock (Mega Man 2; 15th Anniversary CD Rock version)

Final Destination:
Final Destination (Main Theme Remix) = X vs. Zero Metal Remix (by AKHT & Akihito) (Mega Man X5)

Frigate Orpheon:
Vs. Parasite Queen = Metal Man stage (Mega Man 2)

Port Town Aero Dive (which reminds me, someone should make a version of this stage where it's just the platform and no interferences):
Fire Field = Snake Man Stage (original) (Mega Man 3)
Car Select = Nitro Rider ~Theme of Nitro Man~ (Mega Man 10 Image Soundtrack)
Dream Chaser = Quick Man Stage Remix (Mega Man 2)
Brain Cleaner = Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Abandoned Memory) Rock (Mega Man 10 Image Soundtrack)
Golden Forrest (1080° Snowboarding) = Against the Pressure (Mega Man 10 Image Soundtrack)

SSE Jungle (Formerly Distant Planet):
Ai no Uta (French Version) = Ruined Street: Mega Man 7 Opening Stage

The Summit (a Balanced version I downloaded from the Brawl Vault; look it up; it's freaking AMAZING!!!):
Shin Onigashima = Cloud Man (Mega Man 7)

PictoChat (now with less random crap!):
Opening Theme (Wii Sports) = Guts Man (Mega Man)
Charge! (Wii Play) = Mega Man 2 Main Theme (Metal Version)

Smashville:
The Roost = Cut Man [Mega Man 1] (Street Fighter X Tekken Mega Man Rival Battle)

Menu Themes:
Menu 2 = Mega Man Battle Network 3 Opening Theme (I'm going to try to find a non-looping version of this, and make it ROB's victory music)[/collapse]
Words cannot describe just how excited I'll be if he makes the cut.
Yes there is, and it was you screaming for joy on the Skype chat, only to be topped by me screaming "YES! YES! WIN! WIN" :chuckle:

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
1)Why megaman is a ******? I expected him as teenager like Megaman 8 (okay, i accept this)
4)And Dr. Wily? Will he appear in the Megaman's Battlefield or in the Story Mode?
1. He's a ****** because that's Megaman "Classic", the original design derived from his 8-bit image. He's been in multiple crossover MvC games prior to this.
2. He presumably just gets his helmet and whatever his B move turns out to be. Looks like Metal Blade. (how cool would it be if the helmet he got was colored like when Megaman had MB in the original game?)
3. Probably either a miniboss or a stage hazard for Wily's Castle. Maybe both?
4. Well, we've seen that Wily's Castle is the series' stage, so if it has transitions like some stages obviously do then he could be in the background at some point. He may or may not be in the Story Mode, depending on how involved Megaman is.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm glad that Megaman is in Super Smash Bros. Answer my questions:

1. Mega Man isn't a ******, he's just small because he's kinda sorta a kid. Also, Sakurai wanted to capture that "NES" feel with modern day graphics, and it was a huge success.
2. Kirby gets Mega Man's helmet and can use his neutral B... whatever that is.
3. Yellow Devil is either an Assist Trophy character, a stage hazard, or a boss. Right now I'm leaning towards a boss, but multiple answers could be possible.
4. Dr. Wily may appear in the background, but he is pretty much a lock as a boss in the game (and in the impossible chance he isn't, he'll be an Assist Trophy character).

Also, Dr. Wily + Dr. Eggman = awesome villain team. It needs to happen in the Story/Adventure Mode.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
if your look at the Mario vs mega man video, the down smash does like 45%, and im not even sure if all the hit boxes connected :o

Oh jeez, really? Deadliest down-smash since Melee Peach

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's gonna be fixed ASAP. That shows to me that this game's 2014 release date seems to be tentative. I now am fully prepared to say that if one or both games will be delayed to 2015, I wouldn't be surprised. After all, Brawl was delayed 2 or 3 times, not including Nintendo's awful handling of releasing that game in other regions.
First, off I just wanna say congrats to the OP. EXCELLENT WORK SIR!!!

Secondly, it's about DANG TIME!!!

Thirdly, HE'S IN WOOHOOOOO!!!!!
Just to think back in 2007 you and I would go back and forth with Mega Man being playable in Brawl. And after being disappointed there, after all the heartbreak of no Mega Man in Brawl... the pain is over. The fight is over. WE GOT MEGA MAN BEACHES, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP US!!!! :awesome:

To think we used to talk about what he'd be like to be playable before and after Brawl, and how we could see it going, to see it all fully realize, fully hyped, fully done, and made greater than we could have ever expected it... is nothing short of SHEER BRILLIANCE!!!!

YOU HEAR THAT MEGA MAN HATERS=??? YOU LOST!!! WE WON... FOR AMERICA SMASH BROTHAHS!!!! GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MEGA MAN!!!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Imagine if Zero was also included as a hidden character....
Most like not, but the thought it delicious indeed.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
D Smash is likely easy to DI from but the potential damage is awesome regardless.

Not sure if Zero is good thing or bad thing...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't see him as overpowered.

I see him as a projectile heavy character who will struggle from up close. On ground, he's bound to suck when up close. Not so much on air thanks to the Slasher and the Flame Sword attacks. But he will mainly be a keep away character, imo.

Dang.. Fsmash being a projectile is the best thing ever! Watch out Olimar! You might be outcamped now!

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
So guys, I really hope that one of the background things for the Dr. Wily's Castle stage is that every so often, he comes in on his UFO, it opens up...and he waggles his eyebrows, before flying into the castle.

Y, HY, or HFY?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Whoever made that must be very good at PhotoShop. I almost thought that was real.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Seems pretty tedious to edit in all the repeating screens in the background. It looks good... I'd love Proto Man as an alternate costume.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm just gonna say I think Megaman is really cute in his trailers.

Neo Zero

I don't see him as overpowered.

I see him as a projectile heavy character who will struggle from up close. On ground, he's bound to suck when up close. Not so much on air thanks to the Slasher and the Flame Sword attacks. But he will mainly be a keep away character, imo.

Dang.. Fsmash being a projectile is the best thing ever! Watch out Olimar! You might be outcamped now!
Far to soon to say both. He does have tons of screen control however, and basiclly has a long range attack for every conceivable angle. I don't think Mega Man is a character that will ever want to engage in close range melee combat, which seems kind of "duh" but really needs to be said, outside some unknowns, he doesn't have the tools to deal upclose well, though without seeing his melee/short range priority its hard to say that as fact.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
His moves so far:

Mega Buster - Jab

Metal Blade - Neutral Special
Crash Bomber - Forward Special
Leaf Shield - Down Special
Rush Coil - Up Special

Hard Knuckle - Down + Air
Flame Sword - Forward + Air
Slash Claw - Back + Air
??? - Neutral + Air

Super Arm - Grab

Spark Shock - Up Smash
Flame Blast - Down Smash
Charged Mega Buster - Forward Smash
*Smash moves can overheat.

Top Spin - Dash

Slide - Down Tilt
Mega Uppercut/Shoryuken - Up Tilt
??? - Forward Tilt

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
His moves so far:

Mega Buster - Jab

Rush Coil - Up Special

Slash Claw - Back + Air
??? - Neutral + Air

Super Arm - Grab

Spark Shock - Up Smash
Flame Blast - Down Smash

Top Spin - Dash

Slide - Down Tilt
??? - Forward Tilt
forward tilt and Nair are both the mega buster, as well as the jab.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, the inclusion of Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. is technically the third time Mega Man and Kid Icarus had a crossover in any form of media.

Neo Zero

His moves so far:

Mega Buster - Jab

Rush Coil - Up Special

Slash Claw - Back + Air
??? - Neutral + Air

Super Arm - Grab

Spark Shock - Up Smash
Flame Blast - Down Smash

Top Spin - Dash

Slide - Down Tilt
??? - Forward Tilt
I made a thread for this already, and am working on making it in better detail.

Neo Zero

One thing thats interesting that I only just noticed, the energy pellets in Mega Mans jab sequence appear to do different damage values. 3% for the first shot and 5% for the second, with the third hit being unknown at this moment.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I didn't realize until just now how easily Protoman could be an alt costume. Just do this and throw in a whistle for his entrance and BAM you're done.

Would be cool if Kirby got Metalman's head saw when he sucks up Megaman since he's basically stealing a stolen weapon(I'm assuming metal blade is Megaman's B). Though I'm sure everyone wants to see Kirby with the Megaman helmet.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I kind of want Kirby's copy ability to be the Megabuster. It's a lot more fitting and it wouldn't be the first time they manipulated a characters power for him. Kirby is doing two of Olimar's specials with the copy ability.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You guys should probably ban me from the Mega man subforum.

I don't know if I can be nice to people who don't know what they are talking about in Mega man.

Also I haven't read the "What song do you want in megaman" thread but I swear to god if I see Wily 2-1 being listed like 89090909090909090342u895034 times I'll freak the **** out.

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna say I think Megaman is really cute in his trailers.
I like how Mega Man seems to be a mix of his official arts and the Powered Up! They managed to make something really special here and that is something I can appreciate.
You know, the inclusion of Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. is technically the third time Mega Man and Kid Icarus had a crossover in any form of media.
Imagine Pit's reaction when he was reunited with him twenty-one years later.

FourStar

Smash Ace
i'm sorry i know this is the megaman page but how pissed off is everyone about the wii fit cross trainner? cuz i'm mad :mad:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I didn't realize until just now how easily Protoman could be an alt costume. Just do this and throw in a whistle for his entrance and BAM you're done.

Would be cool if Kirby got Metalman's head saw when he sucks up Megaman since he's basically stealing a stolen weapon(I'm assuming metal blade is Megaman's B). Though I'm sure everyone wants to see Kirby with the Megaman helmet.
Love this so much. I hope it becomes an alt-costume, or at least get Protoman's color scheme. I would love Proto to be the Assist Trophy.

For Final Smash I keep thinking about the Mega Man + Beat + Auto + Eddie raid combo from Mega Man 8.

About Kirby's copy ability, I was thinking exactly that today. He should copy MegaMan´s Power Shot. But knowing Sakurai, he might want to give Kirby the Metal Blades for the sake of variety.

EDIT: Simon Belmont NEEDS to be in the game, and there needs to be an event called: "The Game Master" where you must defeat Mega Man, Pit, and Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom