• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's sort of hard to pick between such great music, especially the RM themes. I hope we get some form of "Robot Master Medley," so that many of them can be showcased.

But yeah, the music in Mega Man is definitely one of the best parts. Dr. Wily's Theme and Wood Man's theme in particular are favorites of mine.

D

Deleted member

It's sort of hard to pick between such great music, especially the RM themes. I hope we get some form of "Robot Master Medley," so that many of them can be showcased.

But yeah, the music in Mega Man is definitely one of the best parts. Dr. Wily's Theme and Wood Man's theme in particular are favorites of mine.
I remember suggesting the idea because it'd be the best way to get the Robot Master theme as part of the music (not really a fan of the idea to make it Mega Man's victory jingle, just sounds so unfitting). --- also helped out in one of the Robot Master Melody back in late 2011.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Specifically, Mega Man 2's. It's the only one I've played so far, actually. When I get some more money, I'll purchase some other ones, haha.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Okay. Although I like Mega Man 3's Second Wily stage theme better, Mega Man 2's first one is good, as it's one of the most iconic of them all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't forget Mega Man 2's title music.

Mega Mega Mega Man ~
He's up on the effin' roof~ (He's Mega)

Mega Mega Mega Man ~
Heroic and Aloof~

D

Deleted member

When it comes to Wily Themes, I also think Mr. X stage from Mega Man 6 and Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 7 deserve more mentions. They're some of my favorites.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[collapse="Here's the Mega Man songs I have in my Project M..."]
Battlefield:
Battlefield (Main Theme Remix) = Dr. Wily Castle 1 Rock (Mega Man 2; 15th Anniversary CD Rock version)

Final Destination:
Final Destination (Main Theme Remix) = X vs. Zero Metal Remix (by AKHT & Akihito) (Mega Man X5)

Frigate Orpheon:
Vs. Parasite Queen = Metal Man stage (Mega Man 2)

Port Town Aero Dive (which reminds me, someone should make a version of this stage where it's just the platform and no interferences):
Fire Field = Snake Man Stage (original) (Mega Man 3)
Car Select = Nitro Rider ~Theme of Nitro Man~ (Mega Man 10 Image Soundtrack)
Dream Chaser = Quick Man Stage Remix (Mega Man 2)
Brain Cleaner = Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Abandoned Memory) Rock (Mega Man 10 Image Soundtrack)
Golden Forrest (1080° Snowboarding) = Against the Pressure (Mega Man 10 Image Soundtrack)

SSE Jungle (Formerly Distant Planet):
Ai no Uta (French Version) = Ruined Street: Mega Man 7 Opening Stage

The Summit (a Balanced version I downloaded from the Brawl Vault; look it up; it's freaking AMAZING!!!):
Shin Onigashima = Cloud Man (Mega Man 7)

PictoChat (now with less random crap!):
Opening Theme (Wii Sports) = Guts Man (Mega Man)
Charge! (Wii Play) = Mega Man 2 Main Theme (Metal Version)

Smashville:
The Roost = Cut Man [Mega Man 1] (Street Fighter X Tekken Mega Man Rival Battle)

Menu Themes:
Menu 2 = Mega Man Battle Network 3 Opening Theme (I'm going to try to find a non-looping version of this, and make it ROB's victory music)[/collapse]That's 14 songs I got in my Project M mod, and I still am thinking about adding at least 3 or 4 more! :shades:

I think any or all of those songs would be incredible to have in a Smash Bros. game! :grin:
When it comes to Wily Themes, I also think Mr. X stage from Mega Man 6 and Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 7 deserve more mentions. They're some of my favorites.
That and a few of the Mega Man 10 themes.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Dr. Wiley's Castle Theme from MM2 has to be in it. It along with the Megaman Intro theme and Cutman's level theme are all great themes that should be included.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I personally like the Wily castle themes from Megaman 2 and 6 the best. Though 3,4,7 and 9 had slightly better Robot Master themes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dr. Wiley's Castle Theme from MM2 has to be in it. It along with the Megaman Intro theme and Cutman's level theme are all great themes that should be included.
Agreed, plus the Ruined Street (opening level) theme from Mega Man 7. That song was freaking kicking it, and is probably my favorite Mega Man song ever. Oh, and Metal Man's theme. That song is freaking amazing, and awe-inspiring. If we get songs from other Mega Man franchises, I'd want the song "Great Battlers" (the Grand Prix battle them) from Mega Man Battle Network 3 in the game too, because that song IS FREAKING AMAZING!!!

Also, Mega Man 3, 7, 9, and 10 had some really great Dr. Wily stage songs.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y'know what else had a great stage theme? The robot museum from Megaman 7. It managed to mix Gutsman, Heatman, and Snakeman's themes together. And it was pretty darn well too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Y'know what else had a great stage theme? The robot museum from Megaman 7. It managed to mix Gutsman, Heatman, and Snakeman's themes together. And it was pretty darn well too.
Which is why we need a Robot Museum/medley song of some sort, because Mega Man has so many awesome songs and bits of songs.

D

Deleted member

Tried to beat Mega Man 2, still can't get through the first part of the final boss (but I will figure that out another time). Needless to say, though, it is a great game and I like how playing difficult games like MM2 makes you progressively better at it (especially without help from others).
I hope to see Megaman as well. not only because of the crazy moveset potential, but also the numerous songs in the games as well.
Whatzup!

I know you from the GameFAQs and Cutstuff board.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Which is why we need a Robot Museum/medley song of some sort, because Mega Man has so many awesome songs and bits of songs.

Honestly, It'd be cool to also have a medley of all the opening stages of the Megaman X series too. Maybe one for all the boss fight themes too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, It'd be cool to also have a medley of all the opening stages of the Megaman X series too. Maybe one for all the boss fight themes too.
Agreed. Also, the X vs. Zero theme from Mega Man X-6 would be pretty sweet, too. I keep forgetting to mention that song for whatever reason! :ohwell:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I think they should have at least one of the Rockman World (Megaman Game Boy) Games be represented in the Music department; Wily Marine Fortress' music (From III [GB]) is very epic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I had to guess what possible themes would be taken from the Gameboy Megaman games, I could see one of two options being taken. The first being the themes of the Megaman Killers. While the second being the themes of the planet robot masters. Or maybe both. Though that's not to say that the Wily themes from those games can't be used too. Man, the more I think about it, the more I realize that it'd be hard to pick music for Megaman. Heck, I'm surprised they managed to do so well with picking the themes for Sonic.

D

Deleted member

In about twelve hours, the Nintendo Direct will finally roll out a Smash 4 trailer. Newcomers will inevitably be revealed as they are a big part of the hype for Smash 4. Along these newcomers will hopefully unveil Mega Man as a playable character in the next Super Smash Bros. 4 game.

Ever since I've wanted characters, I have always wanted to see Mega Man playable in a Smash game. He has always been among my most wanted characters and definitely by far my most wanted third-party. Currently, he resides as my very most wanted character for the game and by a pretty wide margin.

For the trailer, I have always proposed this list to be the best possible scenario for the trailer; Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru and Mega Man. With the first four, I fully expect all of them to show up in the trailer and I'm especially positive on Takamaru and Little Mac. The real question comes in the third-party pick, which is the hardest part to figure out about Smash.

I won't lie, I'm not going to pretend to expect Mega Man in the game. As a matter of fact, I don't even see him as a likely given the possibility of Sakurai and Capcom not contacting each other along with Mega Man's third-party status. Then other third-parties have to be taken into account such as Professor Layton or a Namco rep which has a decent chance of happening should third-parties return. However, Mega Man is certainly a contender for a spot.

Mega Man has several advantage that may get him in this game. One is of course his massive popularity. Mega Man is not only by far the most wanted third-party newcomer but also the most wanted newcomer for the game. While he is nowhere near Sonic's level, he still does pretty good all things considered. It also helps that he has been requested ever since pre-Melee so not only is he the most wanted newcomer, but also one of the longest requested character that is still a highly popular choice to this day and was quoted by Sakurai himself as receiving a lot of requests. Mega Man also has the advantage of being a very strong character. His franchise helped put Capcom on the map back in the late 1980s. Some of his games can be considered among the greatest games ever made, such as Mega Man 2, 3 and Mega Man X. It also doesn't take into account the many quality games he has had overall and the many genre he has explored with the help of sub-series such as Zero, ZX, Legends and Battle Network. Mega Man has played a very important role in the video game industry and that can't be ignored. Another interesting development is that despite the past few years being turbulent for Mega Man, his fan base has not collapsed for Smash 4. Normally, a franchise going through the suffering that Mega Man does to this date would have fans dropping said character and moving on to other things, but this hasn't been the case for Mega Man. Instead, his fan base has only grown and fans have only intensified in how much they want to see Mega Man in Smash. For Mega Man, it is not only a fight to get the character in, but for many fans, a fight for Mega Man's survival. The fact that fans stick to Mega Man despite all the pain they go through truly does show how much of an impact he has made.

What also helps Mega Man (and by extent, other third-parties that aren't Snake-like) is that his franchise could fit in with the Smash universe more easily than Snake and Sonic did in Brawl. Snake's issue is that the franchise's realistic stealth-genre nature is practically alien to the Smash universe, which shows by him having disjointed hitbox. Sonic had to deal with being added at the very last minute, which shows by his rushed move sets and having practically no role in SSE. Mega Man is a franchise that could be mistaken for a Nintendo franchise as shown by people considering him practically synonymous with Nintendo and his action-platform nature could also help ease the transition to him being in Smash. There's also the advantage that Mega Man, if in, would be added on early like Snake was to avoid the complication of adding a third-party character at the last minute. Granted, third-party status still makes him an extremely difficult character to add by nature, but both being added early along with his action-platform rooms can really help in fitting him in. Giving Mega Man the Snake treatment (in which a massive amount of effort was made to make the world welcomed) would be the best way to get Mega Man in and he is the only third-party character that could feasibly become as popular of a newcomer as Sonic was in Brawl. At the very least, Mega Man will be more popular of an addition than Snake should he get in.
There is no other third-party that could bring the hype that Mega Man would because of all of these factors. If confirmed at E3, it would show to the world that not only Mega Man is still alive, but also that Mega Man has been considered worthy of a very, very precious guest slot. Mega Man fans finally having an official 3D image would also be great to have and if Mega Man is confirmed, I plan on using said image as my avatar. Even if Mega Man is not confirmed at E3, this is not a sign to lose all hope. Rather, fans should use this opportunity to get ready to defend Mega Man. The Smash 4 character scene will turn insane after the trailer begins and there will be endless drama that occurs. This is why it is up to everyone supporting Mega Man is important; because the collapse of a large and passionate fan base is something that should be avoided. Even if he fails to get in Smash 4, continuing to have a large and passionate fan base like he does now along with a hopeful revival of the franchise could very well get him into Smash 5.

The bottom line; no matter what happens to Mega Man, giving up is not an option. One way or another, the fans will find a way to support Mega Man, no matter how likely or unlikely he may be for the game. Tomorrow might be the end of the wait for the Blue Bomber's debut for Smash, but if it isn't, be prepared to stand by him until release and perhaps even afterwards for those following Smash 5. Mega Man has saved the world many, many times. We, as the fans of the Blue Bomber, will continue to fight for his inclusion regardless of circumstance. And this doesn't have to be just by debating but also other ways such as discussing his move sets, bringing in fan arts and among other things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

In about twelve hours, the Nintendo Direct will finally roll out a Smash 4 trailer. Newcomers will inevitably be revealed as they are a big part of the hype for Smash 4. Along these newcomers will hopefully unveil Mega Man as a playable character in the next Super Smash Bros. 4 game.

Ever since I've wanted characters, I have always wanted to see Mega Man playable in a Smash game. He has always been among my most wanted characters and definitely by far my most wanted third-party. Currently, he resides as my very most wanted character for the game and by a pretty wide margin.

For the trailer, I have always proposed this list to be the best possible scenario for the trailer; Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru and Mega Man. With the first four, I fully expect all of them to show up in the trailer and I'm especially positive on Takamaru and Little Mac. The real question comes in the third-party pick, which is the hardest part to figure out about Smash.

I won't lie, I'm not going to pretend to expect Mega Man in the game. As a matter of fact, I don't even see him as a likely given the possibility of Sakurai and Capcom not contacting each other along with Mega Man's third-party status. Then other third-parties have to be taken into account such as Professor Layton or a Namco rep which has a decent chance of happening should third-parties return. However, Mega Man is certainly a contender for a spot.

Mega Man has several advantage that may get him in this game. One is of course his massive popularity. Mega Man is not only by far the most wanted third-party newcomer but also the most wanted newcomer for the game. While he is nowhere near Sonic's level, he still does pretty good all things considered. It also helps that he has been requested ever since pre-Melee so not only is he the most wanted newcomer, but also one of the longest requested character that is still a highly popular choice to this day and was quoted by Sakurai himself as receiving a lot of requests. Mega Man also has the advantage of being a very strong character. His franchise helped put Capcom on the map back in the late 1980s. Some of his games can be considered among the greatest games ever made, such as Mega Man 2, 3 and Mega Man X. It also doesn't take into account the many quality games he has had overall and the many genre he has explored with the help of sub-series such as Zero, ZX, Legends and Battle Network. Mega Man has played a very important role in the video game industry and that can't be ignored. Another interesting development is that despite the past few years being turbulent for Mega Man, his fan base has not collapsed for Smash 4. Normally, a franchise going through the suffering that Mega Man does to this date would have fans dropping said character and moving on to other things, but this hasn't been the case for Mega Man. Instead, his fan base has only grown and fans have only intensified in how much they want to see Mega Man in Smash. For Mega Man, it is not only a fight to get the character in, but for many fans, a fight for Mega Man's survival. The fact that fans stick to Mega Man despite all the pain they go through truly does show how much of an impact he has made.

What also helps Mega Man (and by extent, other third-parties that aren't Snake-like) is that his franchise could fit in with the Smash universe more easily than Snake and Sonic did in Brawl. Snake's issue is that the franchise's realistic stealth-genre nature is practically alien to the Smash universe, which shows by him having disjointed hitbox. Sonic had to deal with being added at the very last minute, which shows by his rushed move sets and having practically no role in SSE. Mega Man is a franchise that could be mistaken for a Nintendo franchise as shown by people considering him practically synonymous with Nintendo and his action-platform nature could also help ease the transition to him being in Smash. There's also the advantage that Mega Man, if in, would be added on early like Snake was to avoid the complication of adding a third-party character at the last minute. Granted, third-party status still makes him an extremely difficult character to add by nature, but both being added early along with his action-platform rooms can really help in fitting him in. Giving Mega Man the Snake treatment (in which a massive amount of effort was made to make the world welcomed) would be the best way to get Mega Man in and he is the only third-party character that could feasibly become as popular of a newcomer as Sonic was in Brawl. At the very least, Mega Man will be more popular of an addition than Snake should he get in.
There is no other third-party that could bring the hype that Mega Man would because of all of these factors. If confirmed at E3, it would show to the world that not only Mega Man is still alive, but also that Mega Man has been considered worthy of a very, very precious guest slot. Mega Man fans finally having an official 3D image would also be great to have and if Mega Man is confirmed, I plan on using said image as my avatar. Even if Mega Man is not confirmed at E3, this is not a sign to lose all hope. Rather, fans should use this opportunity to get ready to defend Mega Man. The Smash 4 character scene will turn insane after the trailer begins and there will be endless drama that occurs. This is why it is up to everyone supporting Mega Man is important; because the collapse of a large and passionate fan base is something that should be avoided. Even if he fails to get in Smash 4, continuing to have a large and passionate fan base like he does now along with a hopeful revival of the franchise could very well get him into Smash 5.

The bottom line; no matter what happens to Mega Man, giving up is not an option. One way or another, the fans will find a way to support Mega Man, no matter how likely or unlikely he may be for the game. Tomorrow might be the end of the wait for the Blue Bomber's debut for Smash, but if it isn't, be prepared to stand by him until release and perhaps even afterwards for those following Smash 5. Mega Man has saved the world many, many times. We, as the fans of the Blue Bomber, will continue to fight for his inclusion regardless of circumstance. And this doesn't have to be just by debating but also other ways such as discussing his move sets, bringing in fan arts and among other things.

Well sir, I also will not give up on Megaman. Because he's one of my personal favorite video game characters. And he just fits in so well in Smash Bros. I personally never thought that the franchise was dead. It just needed a break given the amount of games that were made since it's inception. Along with Inafune deciding to leave Capcom recently.All I can do is applaud your speech. Not to mention, if he is confirmed, that should definitely make a lot of fans happier. Given the recent events and everything.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Item Get: Hype!

We've got this guys. We may very well see the Blue Bomber roll onto a kickass trailer tomorrow. Is your *******ing body(s) ready?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Megaman makes the most sense out of any choice by far. The Megaman series is probably the most well-known series internationally which currently has no playable character featuring from it in the SSB franchise.
I would love to see Megaman or Zero as a playable character. Or both. But which powers would they possess? That is the question...
There are many powers to choose from but I don't see how that would negate Megaman as a viable choice. After all, Kirby had a near limitless number of powers to choose from, and he had his powers chosen. Right?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tomorrow is D Day boys. Good luck gentlemen. It's been a pleasure serving with you
Sir, for you,
I take off my helmet that's blue,
and this hype you know we'll brew,
for we want Mega Man, and boy is that true,
we can't wait to see him arrive in smash anew,
and when he arrives, it will be like a dream come true.
(and to all the haters, go get your head crammed down a loo)

Happy tears man, happy tears. :crying:

D

Deleted member

Item Get: Hype!

We've got this guys. We may very well see the Blue Bomber roll onto a kickass trailer tomorrow. Is your *******ing body(s) ready?
Words cannot describe just how excited I'll be if he makes the cut. The moment I unlock Mega Man is when I will main him without hesitation. The possibility of him being at E3 is already getting me hyped.
Megaman makes the most sense out of any choice by far. The Megaman series is probably the most well-known series internationally which currently has no playable character featuring from it in the SSB franchise.
I would love to see Megaman or Zero as a playable character. Or both. But which powers would they possess? That is the question...
There are many powers to choose from but I don't see how that would negate Megaman as a viable choice. After all, Kirby had a near limitless number of powers to choose from, and he had his powers chosen. Right?
There are definitely bigger selling series out there, but yeah, Mega Man would be the biggest third-party series that has a realistic shot of getting in.

Mega Man having a ton of things to work with is by no means an issue. As a matter of fact, it's a great thing.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
If Mega Man makes it tomorrow I will get a new avatar. If it's .exe or star force I will request to be banned for life from these boards

D

Deleted member

If Mega Man makes it tomorrow I will get a new avatar. If it's .exe or star force I will request to be banned for life from these boards
Don't be like that. I'd like to think of the situation as any Mega Man being better than no Mega Man at this point.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's my big hopings for Nintendo's most beloved first 3rd Party to finally reunite with the N-Cast after all these years. (Especially recent ones.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys, what if our bodies aren't ready as we thought? What will happen to us if Megaman is confirmed? Will we explode with sheer joy? I dunno myself. But I do know that I'm excited myself.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD! MEGA MAN IS CONFIRMED!

MUST. BUY. WII-U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

AHHHHHHHHH!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
HOLY **** JESUS CHRIST HOT DAMN SKIPPY