• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The many flavors of Princess, Daisy and Peach Differences.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Neither Daisy or Peach are available in the demo so it's going to be hard to figure things out but Daisy seems to have much different cosmetic animations.

Can anyone spot a gameplay difference? I think Daisy's up-air hits more times but I can't be certain.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what her differences are. I first thought that she wouldn't have the float but according to this picture that's not true

That's definitely float nair. We haven't seen her pluck turnips yet, maybe that has something to do with it?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Up Air still hits twice, same as Peach. This can be seen in her trailer on the Smash Bros website.

So far, I'm a little unimpressed with how Daisy is turning out. I love Daisy, and all, and I'm going to main her, but they're really driving home the fact that an Echo Character is almost verbatim the base character by giving the term "clone" a canon name. I'm hoping Sakurai will take away that Echo status and flesh her out like she deserves to be, but with only 6 months left till launch... Maybe next game, considering she doesn't get cut?

One thing I've noticed, also: Daisy barely appears anywhere. She's been, so far, in her own reveal trailer, the perfect shielding demonstration, the Great Plateau Tower reveal snippet, and her trailer on the Smash Website (a combined total of maybe 40 seconds of footage, some parts even the same combo on different stages: Side Special to ___ to Up Smash to Up B).
Even other, less popular characters like Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, etc., show up more than that, be it in other characters' trailers (getting combo'd, Final Smash'd, etc., just to show off some moves on various opponents), stage reveals (just hangin' around, no matter if they necessarily "fit" the stage), so on. You'd expect her to be AT LEAST in Luigi's little trailer, for obvious reasons, but... Nothing. Pit is in Dark Pit's trailer, Marth is in Lucina's, but with Peach in Daisy's trailer... She's just not there, no move comparison, no "Hey, look at her Echo standing by her!" but Peach is in one of Daisy's images, showing off a white dress. Any other Mario character trailers, like Peach? Nope, nowhere to be seen. Inklings and even Ridley (the character they kept the most secret, so it'd make sense why he's barely seen) seem to show up wherever you look. They were in the E3 version, for example, but the 3rd new character? Crickets. Wait till December.

However conspiracy theorist-y it sounds, I really hope there's a reason behind that. Peach has been shown plenty all across the board, but Daisy (a new character, for crying out loud!) is just gone, aside from her regular 2 trailers and 2 very hard-to-see, almost insignificant demonstrations (one is just rolling, and in the other, the Great Plateau demonstration, she actually leaves once the camera cuts to another dramatic shot of the tower. Everyone else remains, but she's not there anymore, implying the shot with her was added in post once she was included as an Echo).
I'm assuming it's just an oversight, because it's kinda stupid to even think they'd do much more with her, but maybe that hints that she's still heavily in development. Perhaps even being added as an Echo Fighter was a last-minute addition. Overall, her entire inclusion just seems rushed. Her taunts and entrance animation are the only differences that we've seen, as if Sakurai thought her up the day before E3, put a Daisy trophy model over Peach, and mocapped 3 animations for the next day. I can only dream, but y'know. She's much more than a Peach clone, in my eyes. If Sakurai bamboozled us by just skinning Daisy over Peach, and Daisy is actually a new, fully fleshed-out character, I'll probably have an aneurysm right then and there. There'll be nothing left of my brain.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So according to Smash wiki, Daisy Bomber sends foes downwards instead of upwards.

Interesting but I wonder if there's more.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Up Air still hits twice, same as Peach. This can be seen in her trailer on the Smash Bros website.

So far, I'm a little unimpressed with how Daisy is turning out. I love Daisy, and all, and I'm going to main her, but they're really driving home the fact that an Echo Character is almost verbatim the base character by giving the term "clone" a canon name. I'm hoping Sakurai will take away that Echo status and flesh her out like she deserves to be, but with only 6 months left till launch... Maybe next game, considering she doesn't get cut?

One thing I've noticed, also: Daisy barely appears anywhere. She's been, so far, in her own reveal trailer, the perfect shielding demonstration, the Great Plateau Tower reveal snippet, and her trailer on the Smash Website (a combined total of maybe 40 seconds of footage, some parts even the same combo on different stages: Side Special to ___ to Up Smash to Up B).
Even other, less popular characters like Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, etc., show up more than that, be it in other characters' trailers (getting combo'd, Final Smash'd, etc., just to show off some moves on various opponents), stage reveals (just hangin' around, no matter if they necessarily "fit" the stage), so on. You'd expect her to be AT LEAST in Luigi's little trailer, for obvious reasons, but... Nothing. Pit is in Dark Pit's trailer, Marth is in Lucina's, but with Peach in Daisy's trailer... She's just not there, no move comparison, no "Hey, look at her Echo standing by her!" but Peach is in one of Daisy's images, showing off a white dress. Any other Mario character trailers, like Peach? Nope, nowhere to be seen. Inklings and even Ridley (the character they kept the most secret, so it'd make sense why he's barely seen) seem to show up wherever you look. They were in the E3 version, for example, but the 3rd new character? Crickets. Wait till December.

However conspiracy theorist-y it sounds, I really hope there's a reason behind that. Peach has been shown plenty all across the board, but Daisy (a new character, for crying out loud!) is just gone, aside from her regular 2 trailers and 2 very hard-to-see, almost insignificant demonstrations (one is just rolling, and in the other, the Great Plateau demonstration, she actually leaves once the camera cuts to another dramatic shot of the tower. Everyone else remains, but she's not there anymore, implying the shot with her was added in post once she was included as an Echo).
I'm assuming it's just an oversight, because it's kinda stupid to even think they'd do much more with her, but maybe that hints that she's still heavily in development. Perhaps even being added as an Echo Fighter was a last-minute addition. Overall, her entire inclusion just seems rushed. Her taunts and entrance animation are the only differences that we've seen, as if Sakurai thought her up the day before E3, put a Daisy trophy model over Peach, and mocapped 3 animations for the next day. I can only dream, but y'know. She's much more than a Peach clone, in my eyes. If Sakurai bamboozled us by just skinning Daisy over Peach, and Daisy is actually a new, fully fleshed-out character, I'll probably have an aneurysm right then and there. There'll be nothing left of my brain.
Honestly, I think they are testing the waters. They know that both Daisy and clones were hugely controversial so they tried to show both things like it was no big deal, to see our reaction. Luckily both the reaction to Daisy and Echo Fighters has been very positive, I even got surprised about it. Plus, I do feel like Daisy is a late addition, that is why I think we will see 2 more Echoes at best.

However, rushed or not, Daisy is here to fight, as her own character and we should be thankful to Sakurai for that. And remember, her differences may be minimal, but they still decided to make her a fighter and not an alt. Echo or not, she has at least some identity, unlike alts.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah. My dream of a Mario Sports/Party/Kart themed character in Daisy is dashed, but I'm thankful that she's at least got her own character slot. She's been shown to have her own personality in various animation differences, which is more than I truly expected.

Really, I'm just happy she's in after campaigning for her inclusion since before Brawl's release. Since neither Peach nor Daisy were in the E3 demo, we'll just have to wait for more information from the Smash Dojo and speculate before then.

(I really hope against hope that there's no float, though. I've never gelled well with the mechanic when trying Peach before.)

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. My dream of a Mario Sports/Party/Kart themed character in Daisy is dashed, but I'm thankful that she's at least got her own character slot. She's been shown to have her own personality in various animation differences, which is more than I truly expected.

Really, I'm just happy she's in after campaigning for her inclusion since before Brawl's release. Since neither Peach nor Daisy were in the E3 demo, we'll just have to wait for more information from the Smash Dojo and speculate before then.

(I really hope against hope that there's no float, though. I've never gelled well with the mechanic when trying Peach before.)
https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/daisy/ss_2.jpg

Sorry, but float got recently confirmed :(
I also thought that they wouldn't make her have it but looks like Daisy and Peach are way more similar than I initially thought

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd have taken Daisy's float and exchanged it for a third jump but maybe there was no communication with the Mario Run team

Almand

Smash Journeyman
According to this video, an Echo Fighter has the same stats and attacks (questions can be found in a top comment, Echo Discussion is at 17:35). So that means Daisy is as fast as Peach in the air and on the ground, same weight, same fall speed, same jump height, and all the same moves with identical knockback and angles, save for a few moves that might be used differently (Pit and Dark Pit's Side/Neutral Special, for example, but they're otherwise the same). I'm sorry, guys, but it seems Daisy will have to use Vegetables in Down Special, she'll keep the float, so on. :/

"Daisy and Peach, those are largely the same." Dr. Mario and Pichu aren't Echoes because they have one or two different moves and some different attributes. So if that's not an Echo, a real Echo Fighter is gonna be nearly one-to-one.

One saving grace is that he said that was a "rough roadmap" of an Echo Fighter, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Shame neither of them are in the demos

Looks like we may have to wait till they are featured on the blog or something

ARRGGHHh

The wait till Xmas is gonna be rough. Still happy that Daisy exists as an alt because I just have never been able to master and play other characters as effectively as Peach.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So in the end it looks like the flavors are raspberry swirl vs raspberry ripple.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
According to this video, an Echo Fighter has the same stats and attacks (questions can be found in a top comment, Echo Discussion is at 17:35). So that means Daisy is as fast as Peach in the air and on the ground, same weight, same fall speed, same jump height, and all the same moves with identical knockback and angles, save for a few moves that might be used differently (Pit and Dark Pit's Side/Neutral Special, for example, but they're otherwise the same). I'm sorry, guys, but it seems Daisy will have to use Vegetables in Down Special, she'll keep the float, so on. :/

"Daisy and Peach, those are largely the same." Dr. Mario and Pichu aren't Echoes because they have one or two different moves and some different attributes. So if that's not an Echo, a real Echo Fighter is gonna be nearly one-to-one.
Yeaah, I kind of was bit miffed about Daisy's implementation despite being still glad she's around to fight. Like I said before, it's gonna be rather disorienting to watch Daisy imitate Peach to very high degree incase I'll try her out, since she's just never done most what is considered iconic to Peach mainly. I dearly hope this might get change during development, but again, IDK.

I think this also makes me genuinely afraid about the overall implementation and concept of Echo Fighters due how it could extend on other candidates that, while being added, would lose good chunk of their own character in the process - such as Dixie Kong, one of my most long-awaited newcomer wishes. Would hate to see her be thrown in just to borrow nearly everything from Diddy Kong to the point you could just cut out her ponytail from her head entirely.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From Daisy we can see this time they're making more effort to bring across the character's individual personalities by giving them custom cosmetic animations and even tweaking attack animations.

Example: With Toad's defence facial animations make Peach looks like someone set off a bomb next to her, with Daisy it looks like she set up the bomb.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Yeaah, I kind of was bit miffed about Daisy's implementation despite being still glad she's around to fight. Like I said before, it's gonna be rather disorienting to watch Daisy imitate Peach to very high degree incase I'll try her out, since she's just never done most what is considered iconic to Peach mainly. I dearly hope this might get change during development, but again, IDK.

I think this also makes me genuinely afraid about the overall implementation and concept of Echo Fighter due how it could extend on other candidates that'd while being added, would lose good chunk of their own character in the process - such as one of my long-awaited newcomers that is Dixie Kong. Would hate to see her be thrown in just to borrow nearly everything from Diddy Kong to the point you could just cut out her ponytail from her head entirely.

Exactly. I'm not one of the bandwagoners that think a clone steals a slot from another character, but I think this is about the closest to that being a reality. Dark Pit, for example, is a literal clone of Pit, so it makes sense. Lucina imitated Marth in Awakening, so it makes a little bit of sense (though I'm still all for Lancina).

But for Daisy... It seems to be an easy out to appease the fans without taking time to add a brand new character. I'm just hoping they put some of Daisy's iconic aggressiveness into her move animations (like in the Neutral B described above). Giving Daisy the same (or similar) facial expressions and movements as the more reserved and girlish Peach just feels wrong. Even her idle animation seems like a carry-over from Peach. It's bouncy and fine, sure, but just doesn't seem like the fighting stance Daisy would have.

I like the concept of an Echo Fighter, I just don't like the practice. If they received new moves for ones that didn't fit, I'd be on board. But keeping the same moves and animations, even when they don't fit? Make her a semi-clone, please.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well, in some spin-offs Daisy happens to appear as a more "balanced" Peach(examples include Mario Super Sluggers where they share the same category but sacrificies pitching for more batting power, Mario Sports Mix where she sacrifies movement to bolster the almost nonexistent strength that Peach has), so maybe they are doing the same here?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Giving Daisy the same (or similar) facial expressions and movements as the more reserved and girlish Peach just feels wrong. Even her idle animation seems like a carry-over from Peach. It's bouncy and fine, sure, but just doesn't seem like the fighting stance Daisy would have.
She doesn't seem all that reserved to me. Compare her idle animation with Peach's:

There will be no doubt many, many similarities. But cosmetically at least, they seem to be doing her justice, even if the moveset doesn't match what she'd been known to do. I'd vastly prefer a brand new moveset centered around sports and party titles, but I think the overall feel of Daisy and her spunkiness is getting across in her animations so far.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
She doesn't seem all that reserved to me. Compare her idle animation with Peach's:

There will be no doubt many, many similarities. But cosmetically at least, they seem to be doing her justice, even if the moveset doesn't match what she'd been known to do. I'd vastly prefer a brand new moveset centered around sports and party titles, but I think the overall feel of Daisy and her spunkiness is getting across in her animations so far.
I was an advocate for her Strikers Outfit to be in Smash, so I was kinda hoping for something as 'agitated' and jumpy as Melee Falco's idle animation, kinda representing how exaggerated everyone in that game was. Kinda contrived on my part, I agree, and I actually rather like her idle animation. It's cute and energetic, which fits Daisy just fine.

I don't mind at all how she's portrayed here, I'm just afraid of what will happen to Daisy in the next games (considering this isn't the last, and considering she isn't cut). Luigi, Dr. Mario, even Ganondorf are still very similar to their base characters (We all know how long Ganon took to get his sword, and Luigi has zero moves aside from Final Smash that reference his own trademark game). What if the Echo Fighters always stay as just that: Clones? Daisy has so much going for her, and even being a clone is a huge triumph, but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for the same reason. But, I digress.

I think I stand with everybody who's ever posted on the Daisy thread in the belief that Daisy should've been more sports/party/Kart-centric if she was ever added to Smash, but I'm happy enough just having her at all. And, so far, she seems to be a pretty fun character that stays true to her roots, despite one or two """disappointing""" (for lack of a better word) qualities.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think I stand with everybody who's ever posted on the Daisy thread in the belief that Daisy should've been more sports/party/Kart-centric if she was ever added to Smash, but I'm happy enough just having her at all. And, so far, she seems to be a pretty fun character that stays true to her roots, despite one or two """disappointing""" (for lack of a better word) qualities.
Oh, you don't have to tell me. My moveset wishlist is the second one listed in the main Daisy thread. I would be all for her in her Strikers outfit using a mix of Sports/Kart/Party moves, both to make her an individual character and to properly represent what are actually some of Nintendo's most successful, longest running franchises.

At the same time, I wish Young Link had Majora's Mask themed moves. And Midna wasn't an assist trophy. And Lucina wasn't Marth. But as far as I'm concerned, Daisy's treatment so far is still better than Lucina's. Lucina has absolutely no character traits to differentiate her from Marth, and she's overall a weaker character. She's redundant, yet she's one of my absolute favorite FE characters. Daisy at least looks and sounds different, even if she plays painfully similar.

If she weren't originally considered for a brand new character slot, I'm happy with this compromise, because at least I finally get to play her. It's a major concession, but I was still so ****ing excited when my girl was announced at a ****ing E3. Y'know?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Oh, you don't have to tell me. My moveset wishlist is the second one listed in the main Daisy thread. I would be all for her in her Strikers outfit using a mix of Sports/Kart/Party moves, both to make her an individual character and to properly represent what are actually some of Nintendo's most successful, longest running franchises.

At the same time, I wish Young Link had Majora's Mask themed moves. And Midna wasn't an assist trophy. And Lucina wasn't Marth. But as far as I'm concerned, Daisy's treatment so far is still better than Lucina's. Lucina has absolutely no character traits to differentiate her from Marth, and she's overall a weaker character. She's redundant, yet she's one of my absolute favorite FE characters. Daisy at least looks and sounds different, even if she plays painfully similar.

If she weren't originally considered for a brand new character slot, I'm happy with this compromise, because at least I finally get to play her. It's a major concession, but I was still so ****ing excited when my girl was announced at a ****ing E3. Y'know?
Exactly. Little disappointing to get her this way, but if it was the best Sakurai could do for one of my favorite video game characters of all time, I'll gladly take it. The fact she got in over Waluigi speaks volumes, and she was, apparently, important enough to kick off the concept of an Echo Fighter.

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a video game than I was for Daisy when she came on. I was more excited for Daisy than Ridley, even, so I at least have that feeling to cling onto.

ottobot

Smash Cadet
This thread has a lot of moping over similarities and not a lot of talk about the actual differences between the two characters. I guess we don't know much yet, but did anyone get a confirm on the different side B knockback?
I'm guessing that daisy will be pretty similar in style to dark pit as far as how she relates to her echo. Most moves will be the same, with a few almost negligible percent/knockback tweaks here or there. A couple of the special moves will have more obvious but still small changes, such as how Dark Pit's arrows are less controllable than Pit's. My guess is that the main difference though, and likely the reason Daisy is a separate character instead of an Alph-style alternate costume, is her final smash. Peach's really wouldn't make sense being reskinned as flowers, and the final smash changes means that peach's is probably getting a rework anyways. Remember, dark pit also had a completely different final smash from pit.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
This thread has a lot of moping over similarities and not a lot of talk about the actual differences between the two characters. I guess we don't know much yet, but did anyone get a confirm on the different side B knockback?
I'm guessing that daisy will be pretty similar in style to dark pit as far as how she relates to her echo. Most moves will be the same, with a few almost negligible percent/knockback tweaks here or there. A couple of the special moves will have more obvious but still small changes, such as how Dark Pit's arrows are less controllable than Pit's. My guess is that the main difference though, and likely the reason Daisy is a separate character instead of an Alph-style alternate costume, is her final smash. Peach's really wouldn't make sense being reskinned as flowers, and the final smash changes means that peach's is probably getting a rework anyways. Remember, dark pit also had a completely different final smash from pit.
Peach Bomber sends at a 361/Sakurai angle, which always sends at a 45 degree angle when hitting an opponent in the air. As we can see from one of Daisy's trailers, Daisy Bomber doesn't send downwards as said on the Smash Wiki, but at that 45 degree angle seen here.

Aside from that, we have 8 moves (out of a total of 21: 5 normals, 3 smashes, 5 aerials, 4 specials, and 4 throws) that we have yet to see from her (Jab, Down B, Down Air, Down Tilt, Dash Attack, and all throws but Down Throw), and zero confirmed changes from Peach. On the website, in fact, it says that she "has the same basic moveset as Peach, but this princess has her own personality," meaning all of her moves will likely be identical, save for one or two angle/damage changes. Any more than that (from move animations to attributes like speed and weight), and she wouldn't be an Echo. We're moping over the similarities because that's all we're seeing, moveset-wise.
It's just sad to see a character with so much potential for a unique moveset get thrown in with the clones; it feels like a cheap and easy way to be lazy when it comes to characters people really want. They're in the game, so we can't complain, but at the same time, would people really be satisfied if Waluigi was just a Wii Fit or Falcon Echo, for example? After all this time, this is what they do for the one people have clamored for for years?

Beggars can't be choosers, but it's a little disappointing that clones are now canon and intentional; like these characters just aren't important enough to get more than a slot, one or two different moves for Dark Pit, and Marth's entire gimmick removed in Lucina. It's not bad enough to cause a boycott or cause myself not to main Daisy, don't get me wrong, but enough that I'm left a little unimpressed with the turnout. Not just with Daisy, but for Dark Pit and Lucina, too.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Beggars can't be choosers, but it's a little disappointing that clones are now canon and intentional; like these characters just aren't important enough to get more than a slot
It is less about importance and more about time and resources being limited. Unless they want to release this by 2022, they can't add every popular character with a brand new moveset, animations, etc.

I understand the disappointment of long time Daisy fans, but personally I would rather have some favorites of mine as clones than not have them at all. Characters like Octolings, Dark Samus, even Dixie Kong (if they can't be bothered to add a brand new DK rep after ten years)... I would welcome them with open arms as clones. I don't think we will get a new Smash in a long, long time, so this is it until they figure out how to make a Smash more impressive than this one, now that they are (understandably) not willing to add dozens of new characters anymore. Going back to cutting character just seems unlikely, so... Time will tell. What I am trying to say is that it is better to look at the positive sides, rather than focusing on the negatives.

I think the different animations do give Daisy some personality on her own. I know it is not enough for most of you, but it is something. I was never a Daisy supporter but the idea of Daisy representing Nintendo sports game was super cool to me. More characters representing different genres are always welcomed to me, like Mac, Wii Fit Trainer and the Rhythm Heaven rep that might never become a reality.

Sorry for intruding. Cheers.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This thread will document Peach's changes from Smash4 to Smash Ultimate and Daisy differences to Peach.

Currently, Peach and Daisy have not been playable in the demo, so information on them is scarce. Some video footage (from trailers) has provided us with a bit of information however.

Dtilt
- Dtilt has been changed to a low kick.
- Little lag?
- Decreased range?
- Faster start-up?
- Sets up into grab?

Fsmash
- Can now get the same weapon twice in a row: suggests that she can control what weapon she gets.

Dsmash
- Seems to have more hits (when charged?)
- Decreased lag?

Fair
- Landing lag reduced

NeutralB (Toad)
- Visually changed. Toad now protects Peach proudly, while Peach hides behind him, covering her ears.

UpB (Parasol)
- Landing lag reduced.

Grab
- Toad will now appear during her pummel, Fthrow, Uthrow and Dthrow, and hit the opponents alongside Peach.

If either one has no lag on Fair, I'm using that one.
Fair still has lag as shown in Daisy's trailer, albeit likely considerably less than in Smash4 (landing lag in general seems significantly reduced in this game... which is good news for us floating princesses!)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I did hear someone mention that her bomber has different knockback angles than Peach but as of now we has minimal footage

ottobot

Smash Cadet
I did hear someone mention that her bomber has different knockback angles than Peach but as of now we has minimal footage
if its true that she sends characters downwards thats at least a small improvement over peach.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
if its true that she sends characters downwards thats at least a small improvement over peach.
Could be yet another off ledge/ledge guard option

I typically use turnips, Down and Fsmash, or toad counter

Bomber is short range and has a lot of endlag if you miss off ledge

Almand

Smash Journeyman
No, it still sends at that 45 degree angle seen here. :/

That's in the air, though, where a Sakurai angle always sends at 45 degrees upward. On a grounded opponent, it can range from 0 to 40 degrees (that's why many moves lock at low percentages, when the launch angle is 0, but don't lock at higher percentages, when it launches at >0 degrees). People may be mistaking a 10 or 20 degree angle for shooting an opponent downward.

Last edited:
NNID
Samyatang
So it looks like Daisy's Fair spikes, but it's hard to say. Though, it's really hard to determine what is changed with Daisy because we haven't seen enough of Peach yet. Anyway, I am looking forward to see what's changed, even if they are minor.
Also, I wonder why neither of them were playable in the demo. But as others pointed out, it looks like Daisy was very recently added to game.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like Daisy's Fair spikes, but it's hard to say. Though, it's really hard to determine what is changed with Daisy because we haven't seen enough of Peach yet. Anyway, I am looking forward to see what's changed, even if they are minor.
Also, I wonder why neither of them were playable in the demo. But as others pointed out, it looks like Daisy was very recently added to game.
Daisy's Fair might spike? We've only seen it once, and it's so close up that it's kinda hard to tell. But from what I can see from the trailer, it's honestly a tossup. She hits Link with it, and he bounces off a wall right in front of her, which could just be tricking our eyes.

And according to the WeAreAllDaisy Tumblr, Nintendo is still working on Daisy over the next few months. Not sure where they got that info, or if it was just an offhand "Yeah, we're still finishing the game up" comment that they misconstrued a little. But, still, if it's true, and they did mention Daisy in particular, it seems that she was very recently added. An Echo character can't take long to make, granted, but it seems she's still being tweaked and "fixed," hopefully to set her apart a little from Peach. That might, for all we know, be why we haven't found a single easy-to-spot difference yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If true, Nintendo may be filling the roster up with as many echos as possible to have numbers to shout out about. And that would aslo be why Echos have eplisons instead of full numbers, so that their numbering system isn't messed with too much.

I also think that Echos will mostly be differentiated at the balancing stage which this game is still very much in. Lucina took a lot of updates to put her on the level of "use when shield pressure tops tippers" and I don't think DP, at least competitively, got out of being a Pit Pallette swap. Here's hoping they have at least a custom move or two's worth of difference.

Reila

If true, Nintendo may be filling the roster up with as many echos as possible to have numbers to shout out about. And that would aslo be why Echos have eplisons instead of full numbers, so that their numbering system isn't messed with too much.

I also think that Echos will mostly be differentiated at the balancing stage which this game is still very much in. Lucina took a lot of updates to put her on the level of "use when shield pressure tops tippers" and I don't think DP, at least competitively, got out of being a Pit Pallette swap. Here's hoping they have at least a custom move or two's worth of difference.
I think it is more for the extra fanservice than for having numbers to brag about. They already have the biggest crossover in video game history, no need to add echo/clones just to brag about it. They could also be setting things up for a new Smash in a few/several years, where instead of adding more and more newcomers, they could focus on revamping echo fighters, semi-clones, etc.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I think it is more for the extra fanservice than for having numbers to brag about. They already have the biggest crossover in video game history, no need to add echo/clones just to brag about it. They could also be setting things up for a new Smash in a few/several years, where instead of adding more and more newcomers, they could focus on revamping echo fighters, semi-clones, etc.
Sakurai has implied that this could be the final game in the series.
"The Smash series may continue in the future, but I don’t know if we’ll ever be able to pull this off, so I really hope you’ll enjoy this iteration of the game" -Masahiro Sakurai.
Then again, Brawl AND Smash 4 were intended to be the last games, so I'm routing more towards this'll be the last one Sakurai directs. Not the finale by a longshot, but it might be the last for quite a while.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
So far, the only change we've seen from Daisy to Peach is that Fair might spike, but take that with a grain of salt. Aside from that, Echoes are confirmed to have the same attributes (run speed, air speed, fall speed, etc.) and basic moveset. Daisy also has the Float. We still have 8 unseen moves, though (Jab, Dash Attack, Dair, Down B, Down Tilt, and Up/Forward/Back Throws).

For Peach, Down Tilt seems to be the same move with a different animation. Still spikes on the ground, might come out faster, might end faster? We've only seen it once, so who knows.

To describe the individual throws:
F-throw sends Toad into the opponent (kinda sad to see the Slap gone, but at least she probably still has Jab)
Back Throw is the same, but Toad imitates Peach's hip tap.
Down Throw has Peach step back while Toad lands head-first onto the opponent (This can be seen in Daisy's trailer, but is likely the same for Peach)
Up Throw is the same, but Toad thrusts his arms up beside Peach.
Pummel has Toad punch the opponent.

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
"The Smash series may continue in the future, but I don’t know if we’ll ever be able to pull this off, so I really hope you’ll enjoy this iteration of the game" -Masahiro Sakurai.
Then again, Brawl AND Smash 4 were intended to be the last games, so I'm routing more towards this'll be the last one Sakurai directs. Not the finale by a longshot, but it might be the last for quite a while.
It may not be the last one, but it'll most likely be Sakurai's last one D:

Also, I heavily believe that, if Daisy is indeed a late addition, then maybe they have just only finished her model and animations and pasted them on Peach's character. Tbh, I wouldn't mind Daisy being Peach's Dark Pit as long as her Down B is different, or at least a reskin (maybe Mario Party dice instead?); Daisy with turnips doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Reila

It could in theory, but just like Nintendo refuses to stop making Pokémon even if that is killing the series, I doubt they will stop making Smash games.

I will be 50 years old and they will still be making Smash games. For reference, I am on my 20s.

That said, I don't expect the Switch to last for more than 3~4 years at most from now, and if we get a Smash on the next console, it might be another version of Ultimate rather a brand new one. Like you, I think this is the last one for a good while.

I also don't see Sakurai coming back as the director. You can see how much he aged now, and last I remember, he had problems on his arms back in the Smash 4 days. He didn't stop working so his arms could heal, otherwise he wouldn't have directed Ultimate... So he might not be in great conditions. He could at least stay as a supervisor of a new director for the Smash series, though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom