• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages and DNA Present: Viva La Smash 3 (Coming this summer TBA)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Details are mainly still to come, but I can at least post some info.

The Mages and Digital Network Arena present:
Viva La Smash III

~*August 3-4, OR 4-5 (Still debating)*~ (NEW DATE)

----------
Torrington, CT 01562

**General Info**

-It looks like we will be getting an entire school for this event, running the tourney inside the gym. In the gym from what i was told, there is also a stage, so naturally, we will utililize this.
-Still in negotiations, but, it looks like players will be able to stay overnight at the school,
BUT you MUST supply your own sleeping bag pillows ect, and jsut sleep on teh floor of classrooms and such.
-Since this is a 2 day event, and it is after the brawl release, we are looking to do day 1 melee, day 2 brawl.

*~More to come, this is just the very basics :D~*

**General Rules**

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

**Tournament Rules**

Double Elimination Bracket

Singles:

$20
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

- Singles Stages on – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue

Teams:

$20 per team ($10 per teammate)
Team Attack on and Life Stealing Allowed
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

- Team Stages On - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story and Battlefield
- Team Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Crew Tournament:
Details to come later....

Other Tournaments:
Open to suggestions, High chances of doing someting similar to the CT v MA tourney from VLS1.

**Other Rules**

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the set.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

-Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

-Banning Stages- Each player is allowed to ban one stage each, but only if they BOTH ban a stage.

-Advanced Slob Picks - After the first match the loser says the stage out loud. Then the winner picks their character and the loser picks their character after that.

-Dave's Stupid Rule - Any stage that has already been played cannot be chosen again, even if its the stage you wish to use for your counterpick. We will make exceptions for the finals matches as those sets are best of 5.

-Blue's Meanie Rule - Sorry kids, im making my own rule for this, and you wont like it. If you are caught playing a friendly or MM during a tournament, on a tournament TV, you forefeit your next match. If things go as i hope, There will be 2 or 3 TV's strictly for friendlies and MM.

~If you would like to preregister for this event, simply post, or PM me~

~NOTE: Prepay by mail or Paypal will most likely be mandatory in the future, we are still discussing things~

**Preregistration List**

1.Fake Mofo
2.Jcent
3.PikaPika
4.Snes
5.V
6.Squaminator
7.OmegawhiteMage
8.Brookman
9.Cort
10.Ky
11.Sol
12.Shminkledorf
13.Bluedeath
14.Nuscirtap
15.JC
16.Milktea
17.PC Chris
18.Aesir
19.PointyStikOfDoom
20.Treble

(If you are on the prereg list and you want off, please PM me)

and if your bored, check this vid from VLS2 outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NohQwYHe00Y

y2kbakura

Smash Journeyman
me and my posssibly three of my crew members will most likely be coming to this
i will let you know later who is guranted to come

Cort

Apple Head
I guess so.

Prereg list might be a bit early to start doing right now... but put me on that sucker anyway.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I could potentially setup VLS2.5 for feb .. and have it just like vls2, if people are interested let me know, and ill talk to DNA

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
thats an idea, nus, we will see.. but if we get enough people from other states, we can put together some teams.. i at least want to do CT v MA again

Cort

Apple Head
I don't think flaco/Bakura understood my "meh @ CT vs MA" post. I was actually saying that in MA's favor, since only 3 or 4 players of theirs would be enough to take out pretty much all of CT's 10 man crew, if that was how it worked.

None of those 3 or 4 people being anyone near the Springfield, MA, area though.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
krazyjones, .. marcus.. ? >_> i dunno, but yeah. if they call came, it probably wouldnt be so pretty. unless. we had pc mofo and cort <3

Cort

Apple Head
KoreanDJ, Marcus, and KrazyJones would probably be enough to finish off any 10 man crew CT could come up with. And if Mofo and PC came then they still have Hayato and Eve to throw in too.

=_=

I bet I could take bakura's crew. =]

Top Bottom