• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:
FROM A BOY
:4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy:
TO A MAN

Awh man, I'm not going to be able to keep still at work today. I'm too freaking happy. ;-; And I'm so glad Jun is still Roy's VA, he sounds fantastic. Boku wa makenai!
I look forward to maining him once again, no matter where he falls on a tier list. He is the bae, he is the boy. (But man, would it be sweet if he was higher than Marth.)
I legit cried when I heard Jun's voice. Him reprising this role was what I was hoping for more than anything. And the fact that they are all new clips is just the sweetest icing on the already delicious cake!

Aww yeah now that we can use the new Smash 4 icons Marth finally has his Roy harem in both our profiles.

It's been a good day.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably the first one to say this in the Roy discussion, but once I download Roy, I will be doing a good amount of battles.

These battles I plan on doing:
1) Roy vs. Sonic
2) Roy and Mewtwo vs. Sonic
3) Roy vs. Marth
4) Roy vs. Ike
5) Roy vs. Lucina
6) Roy vs. Roy Koopa

One and Two are what I really plan on doing since Roy and Mewtwo could have been in Brawl if Sonic had not cut resources from them. Three since Roy is much cooler than Marth and that there are Marth vs. Roy wars. Four since both of them have the charging flame standard B's, but Roy has the fire in many of his attacks. Five since I consider Roy to be the better clone than Lucina and more unique. And yes, six, Roy Koopa, since I am quite annoyed with the Roy Koopa jokes.

I'm probably going to have a better time with Roy against these characters online hopefully! I'm just going to have to wait and get that chance to experience my new and improved boy, Roy Pharae!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, I'd prefer if there's a new social thread instead of moving this one to the sub-forums since the OP is too huge (and it's would look weird if it's in a spoiler tag imo). Then we could just link this one to the new one in case people want to see the old thread.

We'll have to see what the mods are going to do. @ IsmaR IsmaR (or whoever does this sort of thing) will that be fine? nvm there already seems to be one.
I'll give you guys a little bit longer to use this thread to celebrate.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So who's going to do a free for all with Mewtwo vs Lucas vs Roy vs Ryu on Ryu's stage tomorrow? If they're all available tomorrow.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
So who's going to do a free for all with Mewtwo vs Lucas vs Roy vs Ryu on Ryu's stage tomorrow? If they're all available tomorrow.
First battle I'm doing with my boy is:
:4feroy: vs :4roy:
then maybe :4feroy: vs :4marth: for good old times sakes

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I will remember that when I do get the chance to download Lucas, Ryu, and Roy! It's going to be fun though! I want to see that new Street Fighter 2 stage, and yes, I'm going to try that battle out!

D

Deleted member

I knew it was going to happen after Roy got leaked. Still, congratulation to all Roy fans. I will be looking forward to playing with you all once he gets released.

And especially a congratulation to my friend @ChronoBound who was a major force in supporting Roy. The long fight that we've all fought is indeed over. Tomorrow is the day when Roy returns and we shall feast on that day.

only good part

rest in pieces
Roy sure must be hungry. It's a good thing his sword is so hot it can sizzle a bird.
So, now that our boy is confirmed for Smash 4, who is everyone planning on supporting next? If any at all?

I think I'm going to be moving onto a hopeless cause with Sparky from Drawn to Life. But if Phoenix Wright gets in (MORE CAPCOM GIVE IT TO ME) I'll be hyped as well
Just King K. Rool for the moment as he's the last character I want with a realistic shot of getting in.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
WOOT!

My roommate from college gets married today AND Roy gets revealed?

Best. Day. Ever.

Think of all the possibilities that I can use

:4feroy: vs :4mewtwo:
:4feroy::4mewtwo: vs :4sonic:
:4feroy: vs :4mewtwo:vs:4ryu: vs :4lucas:
:4feroy: vs :4ryu:
:4feroy: vs :4robinm:
:4feroy: vs :4lucina:
:4feroy: vs :4marth:
:4feroy: vs :4marth: vs :4lucina:
:4feroy: vs :4myfriends:
:4feroy: vs :4robinf: vs :4lucina: vs :4myfriends: vs :4marth:
:4feroy::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm:vs non-FE characters
:4feroy: vs :4metaknight:
:4feroy: vs :4lucario:
:4feroy: vs :4wiifit:
:4feroy: vs :4drmario:
:4feroy: vs :4lucas:
:4feroy: vs :4drmario: vs :4mewtwo:
:4feroy: vs :4mewtwo: vs :4drmario: vs :4lucas:
:4feroy: vs :4darkpit:
:4feroy: vs :4villager:
:4feroy: vs :4charizard:
BUT THE BEST MATCH GOES TO...

:4feroy: vs :4roy:

Trust me, we all know we want this to happen. Let's make it happen!

I'm telling ya man, this is gonna be some epic wars going on once Roy is in

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
WOOT!

My roommate from college gets married today AND Roy gets revealed?

Best. Day. Ever.

Think of all the possibilities that I can use

:4feroy: vs :4mewtwo:
:4feroy::4mewtwo: vs :4sonic:
:4feroy: vs :4mewtwo:vs:4ryu: vs :4lucas:
:4feroy: vs :4ryu:
:4feroy: vs :4robinm:
:4feroy: vs :4lucina:
:4feroy: vs :4marth:
:4feroy: vs :4marth: vs :4lucina:
:4feroy: vs :4myfriends:
:4feroy: vs :4robinf: vs :4lucina: vs :4myfriends: vs :4marth:
:4feroy::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm:vs non-FE characters
:4feroy: vs :4metaknight:
:4feroy: vs :4lucario:
:4feroy: vs :4wiifit:
:4feroy: vs :4drmario:
:4feroy: vs :4lucas:
:4feroy: vs :4mewtwo: vs :4drmario: vs :4lucas:
:4feroy: vs :4darkpit:
:4feroy: vs :4charizard:

I'm telling ya man, this is gonna be some epic wars going on once Roy is in

Don't forget :4feroy: vs :4roy:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
It's almost time for....

Roy vs Roy.

:4roy: Vs :4feroy:

No items

Final Destination.

I heard a rumor that :4roy: will have his name changed to "Roy Koopa" when :4feroy: comes out. I have no idea where I read this, it easily could be an unreliable source that was just speculating... but the idea makes sense.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shouldn't this thread be transferred to the Roy subforum? Just wondering.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was really hoping for an Awakening attire but I must say that i'm not disappointed with what I see. My main problem with the BB attre was that I thought he would be a cut and paste from Melee which isn't the case here thankfully. Do we have an info as to whether or not he's still a full clone? That's the biggest concern here.

@ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon I initially hoped I would be able to not check Snash spoilers the moment I saw it when I woke up but I gave in to my craving unfortunately.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, now that our boy is confirmed for Smash 4, who is everyone planning on supporting next? If any at all?

I think I'm going to be moving onto a hopeless cause with Sparky from Drawn to Life. But if Phoenix Wright gets in (MORE CAPCOM GIVE IT TO ME) I'll be hyped as well
After Roy, the next steps are in my signature - King K. Rool, Isaac and Rayman.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
We must all remember those Roy quote

"HEEEEYAAAAA" - Roy :4feroy: 2001

Oups wrong quote...

"Boku wa Makenai" -Roy :4feroy: 2001

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was really hoping for an Awakening attire but I must say that i'm not disappointed with what I see. My main problem with the BB attre was that I thought he would be a cut and paste from Melee which isn't the case here thankfully. Do we have an info as to whether or not he's still a full clone? That's the biggest concern here.

@ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon I initially hoped I would be able to not check Snash spoilers the moment I saw it when I woke up but I gave in to my craving unfortunately.
He's not a full clone, at the very least. Some of his neutral moves are either brand new or have been tweaked a bit. Same specials as before, though.

So, he's sort of a semi-clone now.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I'm probably the first one to say this in the Roy discussion, but once I download Roy, I will be doing a good amount of battles.

These battles I plan on doing:
1) Roy vs. Sonic
2) Roy and Mewtwo vs. Sonic
3) Roy vs. Marth
4) Roy vs. Ike
5) Roy vs. Lucina
6) Roy vs. Roy Koopa

One and Two are what I really plan on doing since Roy and Mewtwo could have been in Brawl if Sonic had not cut resources from them. Three since Roy is much cooler than Marth and that there are Marth vs. Roy wars. Four since both of them have the charging flame standard B's, but Roy has the fire in many of his attacks. Five since I consider Roy to be the better clone than Lucina and more unique. And yes, six, Roy Koopa, since I am quite annoyed with the Roy Koopa jokes.

I'm probably going to have a better time with Roy against these characters online hopefully! I'm just going to have to wait and get that chance to experience my new and improved boy, Roy Pharae!
I'm sorry but...
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2013/11/08/526-smash-voters-marth/

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's good to know. TBH, I just skimmed through a lot of pics and I didn't watch the video. I want to be as hyped as I can for the trailer.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828

from the footage i have seen he does have slightly different moves. His specials are the same which i love. his aerials are faster and his Dair is kinda like ikes. his speed is nice and his tilts have decently fast speed to. We got the best we could have hoped. i love him. I also am not disappointed with his attire

coolkimy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coolkimy
I am thinking back to pre-Brawl, and us Roy fans are in a much better position this time.

Back during pre-Brawl, we were attacked by all sides. Ike fans, Lyn fans, Sigurd fans, Hector fans, Ephraim fans, Eirika fans, Micaiah fans, Black Knight fans. Over the course of pre-Brawl, the Ike, Lyn, and Sigurd fanbases basically wiped out the Hector, Ephraim, Eirika, and Micaiah fanbases. Sakurai basically wiped out the Lyn fanbase for pre-Brawl with his Assist Trophy update, and the Sigurd fanbase was destroyed when someone actually bothered to translate Sakurai's journal and pre-Melee poll. All the Lyn fans basically jumped ship to Micaiah, and it was only her and Roy that had fanbases left by the twilight of the pre-Brawl period.

Now, the only character fanbases that are left assaulting Roy are those of a wannabe Ike (Chrom) and the scattered remnants of various female Fire Emblem character fanbases (none of which can actually agree of who they want the female Fire Emblem character to be).

Roy is one of the Top 10 most wanted characters for Smash 4, yet most of his supporters are rather quiet about their support for him. We Roy fans need to be more pro-active about supporting our boy, and need to be more forthright about it.

In the coming months, the biggest obstacle will be that the Chrom fanbase will grow as a result of the Western fanbase finally getting to play Fire Emblem Awakening. This is when we will probably start to see some real Chrom fans instead of people that just want to rally behind a character they think will likely get in (expected, not wanted).

Since FE13 will likely be getting some of the highest praise of any Fire Emblem since 2007, we should be prepared for this coming assault. However, at the end of the day, Chrom is simply Fire Emblem's Zoroark. A retread of another popular face from yesterday.

We need to be more aggressive in challenging the lies and mythos of the Roy-hater. That Roy's game was bad. That Roy's inclusion was Intelligent System's decision. That Roy's game sold poorly. That Roy should not return because he was a clone. That Roy is not important to Fire Emblem.

When you internalize such things and such lies, you become demoralized and your fellow allies become demoralized. The reason I think Roy-haters are so aggressive is much like I think the Geno and Krystal fanbases prior to Brawl were so aggressive, a lot of it is insecurity. A lot of them are deeply afraid Roy can return, and if he does return it will be at the expense of a character they personally like (if its anyone other than Chrom, Roy did not steal anyone's spot). The anti-Roy animus is thus driven from insecurity and delusions.

Because a significant contigent of the anti-Roy faction are supporters of various female Fire Emblem characters, one way to demoralize them would be to make it clear their are only four Fire Emblem characters in the fight for Smash 4, Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrom. If they say Lyn, point out Lyn was nothing more than a tutorial lord and she is unpopular in Japan. If its Micaiah, point out that Ike is already there to represent Tellius. If they support Lucina, point out that Marth's most current design basically would make Lucina nothing more than a lighter, quicker Marth clone at best. These female-character supporters are driven by their lust not logic, so challenging them could prove to be of a greater effort than we think.

Of course, there are also a great deal of ways to also challenge Chrom's worth as a playable character.

However, besides taking the fight to the competition, we Roy fans can also play up the worth of Roy to be in a Smash 4. Tell stories about how we loved using Roy in Melee. Talk about how Roy got us to try out the Smash Bros. series. Talk about Roy's cool new re-design. Talk about Roy's fire sword and the unique abilities to the Sword of Seals. Talk about the prospects of a FE6 remake (which Intelligent Systems is interested in doing, and will probably do if Roy does return for Smash 4). Talk about a Roy that was basically the face of GBA Fire Emblem. Talk about a Roy whose game had a manga in Shonen Jump (show off chapters that show off Roy's abilities in said manga). We all support Roy because at one point brought some enjoyment to ourselves when we played Melee with friends and family, or introduced ourselves to a series (Fire Emblem) that we still enjoy. A Roy that gave us those things from 2001-2007 is a Roy that can give a new generation those things when Smash 4 is released.

Sakurai designed Roy in Melee with the purpose of us falling in love with a character whom we have never experienced their game (Sakurai flat out said in the Melee dojo that although Roy's game had not been release yet, he had a feeling that many people would love Roy for his "charm"). Roy has and can continue to be a character that will make people interested in Fire Emblem, and bring new fans to the series.

If he returns, I can also guarantee he will be one of the most popularly used "newcomers" (though technically he is just a cut veteran).

Roy despite being a clone in Melee, stood apart from Marth, and stood apart from the rest of the cast. If you ask a casual, "Who is Roy" they will respond "that red-headed swordsman with the flaming sword." Such a simple description, yet also a distinctive one that would still set him apart from a roster of over 50 just as much as it did in a roster of 26.

I have a feeling Roy will be among the last characters added for Smash 4, so our fan perseverance may be what gets him on the roster for a character may be on the edge.

Let us reclaim Roy's throne.

Roy for Smash 4.

that was beautiful...

coolkimy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coolkimy
from the footage i have seen he does have slightly different moves. His specials are the same which i love. his aerials are faster and his Dair is kinda like ikes. his speed is nice and his tilts have decently fast speed to. We got the best we could have hoped. i love him. I also am not disappointed with his attire
same

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Roy was my 2nd favorite character in Melee and I loved using him, and I was sad when he was cut from Brawl. After that, for years I silently hoped for his return. When I discovered this thread, that's when I decided to break my silence and fully show my love and support for Roy. It was really fun speculating and just talking with you guys this past month and a half. I want you to know I'm glad I met all of you, and you're all great people. After all these years of supporting him, he's finally here. I may have come late to the battle, but I'm at least glad I could fight alongside you guys until the end.
So with that, I say: Roy's our Boy! :roymelee: :roypm: :4feroy:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, now that I think about it, Roy in this game pretty much looks like how he does in Awakening almost.

This is pretty much what Awakening Roy would look like with his BB attire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom