• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
YESSS. YESSS.
I'm sorry Dank Pit/Pit, but you two have to step to the side for the boy omg.

>patiently waits for sm4sh Roy emote to add that ph1r3y touch to everything
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:
they better change the icon of :4roy: to Roy's icon; I still wanna see how people react when looking at old posts

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's easy to be Robin's fan, but Roy-fans were absolutely chivalrous to this day.
It's easy to be Robin's fan now that he/she's confirmed, as it will be for Roy's fans once any backlash dies down.

But it wasn't so easy back in the day. Robin and Roy supporters alike have had to endure quite a bit before receiving any sort of vindication.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's easy to be Robin's fan now that he/she's confirmed, as it will be for Roy fan's once any backlash dies down.

But it wasn't so easy back in the day. Robin and Roy supporters alike have had to endure quite a bit before receiving any sort of vindication.
Exactly. I think it made it more dire for me when I didn't want to be met with disappointment again, especially with all the hate rampant around. But finally, we Roy-fans can rest.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
So, now that our boy is confirmed for Smash 4, who is everyone planning on supporting next? If any at all?

I think I'm going to be moving onto a hopeless cause with Sparky from Drawn to Life. But if Phoenix Wright gets in (MORE CAPCOM GIVE IT TO ME) I'll be hyped as well

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
So, now that our boy is confirmed for Smash 4, who is everyone planning on supporting next? If any at all?

I think I'm going to be moving onto a hopeless cause with Sparky from Drawn to Life. But if Phoenix Wright gets in (MORE CAPCOM GIVE IT TO ME) I'll be hyped as well
I'll probabily support Shantae. I should support Wolf but lets face it: he is coming back anyway.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
huh.. guess this is just a mini moment of street fighter fandom, but where is Ryu's Ken alt?
LOVE those colors for roy! but im bummed to not see Ryu have a Ken look.
Ryu's alt colors are all of his colors from SSF2 Turbo.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033

Well, my other wanted DLC character (Wolf) is already extremely likely to return, so... WALUIGI TIME!

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
^Yeah, what's happening to this thread now that our boy is confirmed?

-calms down from success of Bloodstained Kickstarter goals ALL being met. finally calms down after listenign to the music on the Fan art video five times. Comes to visit smash boards and Sees teh Ryu and Roy leak-
THE HYPE!!! TOOO MUCH HYPE!!!
-faints from over being WAY too over exited over everything-
nyuuu -dead- XP
BLOODSTAINED MET 10X ITS FUNDING! YES!!!!

--

@ChronoBound, @SMX, I wish you guys were here for this.

--

JUN FUKUYAMA IS BACK!

THE MAN WHO WAS PERSONALLY PICKED BY SAKURAI TO DO ROY'S VOICE WHEN HE WAS A NOBODY, NOW ONE OF THE MOST LEGENDARY VOICE ACTORS IN JAPAN

SIMILAR TO WHEN ROY WAS A NOBODY IN MELEE BEFORE FE6 AND NOW HE'S OUR MAN, GROWN ALONGSIDE JUN!!

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Wow! I have watched Roy's cutscene and I do admit, he looks really awesome! As soon as I saw his face and design, I felt very hyped and excited!

I was thinking he would have a different final smash, but this will do! I also wished he had his in-game scabbard, but I guess it would not matter then. Maybe his scabbard will be in his victory taunts!

I heard his voice clips and wow do they sound very impressive and neat and way better than Roy's melee voice clips. I know someone else posted it, but I will also post it for others to see and hear for themselves: https://youtu.be/XS5sf8Y_xko

I just wonder will another cut veteran get announced at E3, and I am betting on Wolf at E3. Now lets see, Roy and Ryu could possibly get a reveal trailer on Sunday or Monday, I hope it's on Sunday where we can all see if Roy has several of his A-moves changed. I could come back on Tuesday where I can see the reveal trailers and try downloading them prior to watching them off-line.

I did watch Roy and Ryu's cutscenes and I really love them! I purposely downloaded them along with Roy's new voice clips video where I can just keep on watching them while I'm offline. Same thing happened with the pictures of Roy, I have stumbled upon them and saved them where I can view them offline as much as I want.

There's sure some talk in this discussion about Roy and Ryu being included in the next patch along with Lucas, and it had me thinking that they were talking about a Lucas, Roy, and Ryu pack. Pack or no pack, I will be very willing and eager to download them and play them, and to a greater extent, Roy Pharae!

I'm glad he's back and so are you people! Roy's our boy, and we love him for his fiery sword, his charm, and of course, his amazing voice clips by Jun Fukuyama! You've done a perfect job with Roy in SSB4, Masahiro Sakurai and Jun Fukuyama! Both of you will be remembered for a really long time.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yep, I think I'll hang around for the Roy social too~

Can't express how delighted I am for you guys. Keep fighting the good fight, and never let the flame die out!

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
This is one of the best character discussions ever, I really love this! This Roy thread alone motivated me to make a SmashBoards account! Nothing else motivated me, but the Roy Pharae discussions. I really enjoyed discussing this stuff with you Roy supporters and it was definitely fun!

Well, judging by his new voice clips and new ones, I am going to say that I will spam that Flare Blade move like I did in Melee. He has the other voice clips where his counter is executed but I wonder. Marth has three voice clips that were supposed to be with his counter, but he is silent when he counters and yet there they are in Marth's sound test, and the same thing applies to Lucina. I guess Roy will say "Soku" and that other Japanese line he makes when his counter is executed.

Maybe Roy will keep that voice clip he has when using Blazer, unlike Marth and Lucina who remain silent when using Dolphin Slash.

Anyways this was a really great discussion, and I really look forward to watching the upcoming reveal trailers probably on Tuesday and downloading the characters when I get the chance and main Roy very often and probably Ryu!

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
I haven't posted here much, but I've always been a avid supporter and fan of Roy since I first tried him out back in Melee and even more so after playing Fire Emblem 6. It's a great day to be a Roy supporter and I hope you all enjoy our boy and bring him the glory he deserves.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:
FROM A BOY
:4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy:
TO A MAN

Awh man, I'm not going to be able to keep still at work today. I'm too freaking happy. ;-; And I'm so glad Jun is still Roy's VA, he sounds fantastic. Boku wa makenai!
I look forward to maining him once again, no matter where he falls on a tier list. He is the bae, he is the boy. (But man, would it be sweet if he was higher than Marth.)

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
PLEASE GOD I LOVE YOU. ROY IS AMAZING HE IS GOOD HE IS MY LIFE. HIS MOVES ARE SO GOOD. HIS DAIR AND DED AND FLARE BLADE AND BLAZER AND COUNTER AND FINAL SMASH ANIMATION. dies of fanboyism

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Watching the stream archive right now, so far from what I've watched it seems Roy does have some new moves, mainly Jab, Dash Attack F-Smash. His Final Smash isn't a 1 hit kill move either, he revs up then slams his sword down creating an explosion.
Down Throw has way less knockback than Marth and Lucina's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom