• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So happy he is back. :D Cannot wait to play as him once again, so hyped. His model looks fantastic, too.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How can you tell he's slower? There was little movement in the video. I hope he's not slower I hope he's faster in the air than Marth but a little slower on the ground.
He prefer the air , that's why he burn Falco

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Edit: Odd, my message posted twice. Never mind it
Edit 2: Well, here's something I can use this. message for.
Dancing Blade and Double-Edge Dance change color depending on how you angle it.
Actually, I don't remember if DED has a blue trail in any of it's variations. I better go check.
I just started up Melee. Unlike Sm4sh, Marth/Roy's sword doesn't change color when using Dancing Blade/Double Edge Dance. Marth/Roy actually changes color. Marth/Roy turns blue for the "Down" variation.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
MY BOY IS BACK

MY BOY IS BACK

I TOLD ALL YOU ****ERS HE WAS GONNA COME BACK AND A--oh wait wrong thread

HAPPY to see Roy is back! Guess I'm gonna start plugging up Melee again to get his groove back into my hands

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Good news: Roy is back!
Bad news: He was leaked.
With Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo all in Smash 4, it's starting to seem like Sakurai is trying to outdo Project M. Congratulations everyone. You all hanged in there until the end and it paid off. I am also happy and surprised at the same time that he's back.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You can be sure I'll be back in the Isaac thread too c: One wanted DLC character down, one more to go.
One can only hope! ;----;

Man, I'm still just at a loss. ;-; Roy just looks so good. Like... oh man.
I got Mewtwo, and now Roy. I just need Isaac for this game's roster to be complete!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523

How old would you guys say Roy is in the new render? I think he looks just a little younger than Ike in this picture, and I'd wager early twenties.

Also, what is your favorite alt from 8 colors? I'll either be rocking the Red Alt, or Gold. I think for FE Battles, so long as it isn't another Gold Roy, I'll play Gold Roy. Gold Marth just never felt right.

Xeynid

Smash Cadet
I normally don't care much for pink alts, even ironically, but the pink Roy looks pretty fresh.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

How old would you guys say Roy is in the new render? I think he looks just a little younger than Ike in this picture, and I'd wager early twenties.

Also, what is your favorite alt from 8 colors? I'll either be rocking the Red Alt, or Gold. I think for FE Battles, so long as it isn't another Gold Roy, I'll play Gold Roy. Gold Marth just never felt right.
I'm digging his 6th alt (purple/brown/black mixed together into 1 awesome pallete), along with his 4th (looks more violet), 2nd (red was 1 of my favorites) and his last alt (the gold 1), it's a shame his green alt doesn't have the brown parts on his costume anymore.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033

Roy certainly looks older and he looks like he's been working out too.

I really love how his blue costume looks. Yeah, general response from me given that my favorite color is light blue, but I just do. I'm gonna rock it and rock it hard.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

I'm definitely going to be rocking the red or default alt. They both look too cool to not use.

Old enough to destroy everything. IT'S LKIKE THEY MADEE THE LELIWOOD AND MARCUS PALETTES FOR ME, I AM SO GONNA USE BOTGH IG OF THEKM, AND I WISH I COULD USE ALL EIGHT PALETTES AT ONC#E!!!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I'd prefer if there's a new social thread instead of moving this one to the sub-forums since the OP is too huge (and it's would look weird if it's in a spoiler tag imo). Then we could just link this one to the new one in case people want to see the old thread.

We'll have to see what the mods are going to do. @IsmaR (or whoever does this sort of thing) will that be fine? nvm there already seems to be one.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey i found something cool for you guys, enjoy.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hehehe~

Roy got in and Chrom didn't. 2013 N3ON is vindicated.

Hehehe~
Robin got in before Roy or Chrom. 2013-2014 False is vindicated.

Hahaha :4robinm:

Technically, with Roy's inclusion, I can put Chrom and his god-awful legacy in Smash behind me. Now I can play Smash with someone very definitive of "fave FE-character".
?:4robinm:?:4robinf:?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Latest I can say is 22 (my actual age)

That pink, black, and gold all look great and I plan on using them the most. Green and purple afterwards

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
-calms down from success of Bloodstained Kickstarter goals ALL being met. finally calms down after listenign to the music on the Fan art video five times. Comes to visit smash boards and Sees teh Ryu and Roy leak-
THE HYPE!!! TOOO MUCH HYPE!!!
-faints from over being WAY too over exited over everything-
nyuuu -dead- XP

Steelia

Smash Champion
So, does this mean we'll get a Roy amiibo (hooray for Roy merchandise!) and he'll appear in FE: if?
I'll bet that once he's revealed, we'll see some footage of him in Codename STEAM and Fire Emblem If to coincide with it ;)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't get me wrong, Robin's still a big, big fave. Why would I wanna leave behind such big cinnamon roll of tactics and magic that also appeals on my biggest favorite things from FE? *Snuggles his Robin-amiibo*

However, as you see, when Chrom got de-confirmed and became the massive joke character after that, I think it left me not only salt, but quite "half-empty" with having an FE-char I really wanted to see in Smash since then. Robin appeals to me very much, but again, going to him after a deconfirmation filled with saltiness is definitely different than having bee his supporter all along - like, I liked him, but he was "all I had" - especially when bummed about how Smash-fandom was such a jokesters on Chrom. I would count a lot times where I wish I wanted all FEA-chars be confirmed and, remembered how I was crying for real when it seemed so. Alas...

On Roy, when I became to like him after Project M rejuvenated his potential, it was the time he seemed dead and buried overall and Chrom-jokes ran rampant. It led me quite hate the Smash-fanbase.
Around then, I discovered his personality which I found admirable and strong, and then made plenty friends through him in Tumblr and Deviantart. It then made me become his supporter, and just wonder about possible times. Least I would expect to be thrown on a ride like this.

Figuratively, I had now my own battle like yours after completely losing the last one and having to suffer all the consequences to this day- which had me be left still hole unfilled about having an FE-char I wanted to see in Smash after Chrom, Lyn and whatnot were not in. Roy also being basically deconfirmed/dead despite me getting into him more.
It's easy to be Robin's fan, but Roy-fans were absolutely chivalrous to this day. I got to be one of them after digging deeper to him in my own personal experiences.

Now with Roy being in, two halves are filled for me in FE-chars and I wouldn't be more happier to now have a magic user and a amazing swordsman to use together. I mean, I got into FE throguh FE7 and went then to Awakening, which then would lead me to FE6. So yeah, this is very blissful time for me.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
You can change your main now, if anyone was wondering :D

EDIT: No pic yet, but Roy and Ryu ARE there.

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
You can change your main now, if anyone was wondering :D

EDIT: No pic yet, but Roy and Ryu ARE there.
SOON

MOUSE OVER MY ICONS, AND DESPAIR!

we have the stock icons tho

EDIT: We got them icons now, boys. :yeahboi: :4feroy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom