• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
https://twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/609702318062333953

His voice! It's still Jun Fukuyama! And they're all new voice clips! That was all I needed. He's perfect. Aaaah I can barely type my hands are shaking too much. My chest hurts.

Oh wait...

...having Jun reprise his role as Roy in Smash Bros after nearly a decade and a half would be so overwhelmingly amazing that my heart would probably explode.
Oh God it's actually happening!

Worth it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I may be late for the party but ROY IS BACK YES YES YES

ALSO JUN FUKUYAMA IS VOICING HIM

LEGIT SCREAMING AND (kinda) DYING HERE
Please don't die. If you die, you won't be able to play Roy when he comes out.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Awesome, but it's such a shame that Nintendo is so inept at keeping these things under wraps.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Smashboards won't let me change to Roy... What a wonderful and yet terrible day...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If? Nintendo is a corporation that wants to make money. Roy is a character that has millions of fans. Fans have $$$. Roy Amiibo = $$$ for Nintendo, so Roy Amiibo is happening.
It will with a 98,76% certainity happen because of FE14.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Is it really? How do you know? o:
Heard some leaked voice samples, alongside Ryu's English Voice which, unlike Sonic, are altogether new voice clips with Kyle Hebert.

Also Jun Fukuyama did a pretty amazing yell in one of his attacks!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The picking his foot off the ground is consistent with F-Smash, but the sword stance suggests Flare Blade... It could be either.
Doesn't the pose for the uncharged "Flare Blade" move look different than the Flare Blade move shown in this Thread?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well, Roy fans have something to look forward to.

Now Roy Fans and speculators: What level in the Tier/Meta Game do you expect Roy to be in?
Hopefully the baser hitboxes will still take priority over the wet noodle and the wet noodle gets buffed to at least a solid noodle... They probably learned that the hitstun they gave him in Melee is completely unacceptable, so hopefully the increased that a significant amount. I'd say that with his character design of the baser being strongest, he'll still be outranged by characters with stronger moves and bigger hitboxes... He'll most likely be punish dependent (again) and hopefully he can actually combo well this time around. If he has good movement speeds, he'll probably be high-ish. If he has bad movement speeds, he'll probably be low-ish

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hopefully the baser hitboxes will still take priority over the wet noodle and the wet noodle gets buffed to at least a solid noodle... They probably learned that the hitstun they gave him in Melee is completely unacceptable, so hopefully the increased that a significant amount. I'd say that with his character design of the baser being strongest, he'll still be outranged by characters with stronger moves and bigger hitboxes... He'll most likely be punish dependent (again) and hopefully he can actually combo well this time around. If he has good movement speeds, he'll probably be high-ish. If he has bad movement speeds, he'll probably be low-ish
So basically, he will be in the same Tier range as he was in Melee, correct?

Edit: Unless he gets a speed buff.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, just saw that released. The pose from the counter doesn't look like the one from the video?
Brah, we've seen like 2 of his attacks and don't know anything about his properties such and running/air speed and recovery and weight and whatnot.. Way too earlier to determine his tier placement.

That said, even if he's Charizard-level bad, I'm playing him.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Brah, we've seen like 2 of his attacks and don't know anything about his properties such and running/air speed and recovery and weight and whatnot.. Way too earlier to determine his tier placement.

That said, even if he's Charizard-level bad, I'm playing him.
Even if it is still too early to debate, it gives us time to kill before he becomes available.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If he has bad movement, hitstun, and comboing, yes. If he has better movement, more hitstun, and an ability to combo, he will be higher. It will be hard to determine until we see more gameplay or play him.
Doesn't the pose for the uncharged "Flare Blade" move look different than the Flare Blade move shown in this Thread?
Looks like exactly the same animation. Also, F-Smash never had fire effect.

FBComparison.png

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If he has bad movement, hitstun, and comboing, yes. If he has better movement, more hitstun, and an ability to combo, he will be higher. It will be hard to determine until we see more gameplay or play him.

Looks like exactly the same animation. Also, F-Smash never had fire effect.

View attachment 56399
Okay you are right.

•Col•

Smash Champion
If anyone is bored and feels like having a chuckle or two.. I highly recommend going over to Gamefaq and seeing some of the reactions to Roy's inclusion over there.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well he pretty much has the same specials, not too surprising honestly.
And I'm glad. I've missed that B-neutral move. They went with something completely different for Marth in SSBB and Wii U/3DS.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
everything happens when i'm asleep :( congratz guys and atleast we dont have to argue about the outfit anymore

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am hoping he's at least gonna be better than Marth... That would be bitter sweet irony.

Also, Melee Neutral B should give Roy a better edgeguarding game than Marth.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I JUST SAW THIS AND

AND

I THINK IM ABOUT TO DIE GUYS HELP ME I JUST WOKE UP EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE AND IM SHAKING AND--

There's seriously something wrong with me at this point.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
As a Krystal supporter, and as an old Roy/Young Ling player during GC Melee days, I gotta say congrats to you guys for getting your Boy back in the fray. He looks absolutely amazing (along with Ryu). Leaks are one thing, but I'm much more interested in actually seeing his trailer now that I've seen the bitesized bits of him (similar to the Shulk leak situation; hopefully it's tomorrow). Just seeing the more polished presentation really sells the character in Smash and leaks just don't do that for me. You gotta see him in TRUE motion. Also, I'm pretty much sure that confirms Wolf's gonna return very soon. Roy's inclusion just flat out throws the whole 'clone/series representation limit' theory out the window at this point (even more irony is that he's coming with Ryu, who's from a series that set the staple of 'shotoclones'. So it's like Marth = Ryu, Lucina = Sakura, Roy = Ken in Smash [Ike = Gouken...?]). Looks like Nintendo's getting the easy DLC picks out of the way first by bringing back veterans that missed the cut. Gonna be hard trying to choose between Roy and Lucina (my Girl) now...

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Found out the news 20 minutes ago, and thanks to a broken alert box, I didn't get any of the last 5 pages worth of notifications.

Congrats guys, we made it, Roy is once again our boy in HD and 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom