• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
He looks so good.

Concerned about another Marth clone but it's all good if he's closer to Melee Marth than Sm4sh Marth.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I'm glad he's back. : )
Now only the ice climbers are missing.
(Pichu can die in a hole)

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I can't handle this. My body was not ready. Plz forgive me. Roy's my...boy.... I need it. I want it. I must recruit Roy. My life needs him. I can't not have him. Solo main Roy finally. And actually play smash 4.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I made a little comparison pic to show the designs they combined to make the Smash 4 model.. It'll help settle the "ITS HIS AWAKENING LOOK" and "ITS NOT HIS AWAKENING LOOK" debates. :3c

http://i.imgur.com/WUSG1ZB.jpg

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Glad you guys pulled through, despite all them haters.
Roy looks fantastic in this game, I'll be looking forward to fighting him in the future.
See you there!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
When I heard Lucina got in as a Marth clone, I was really hoping she was going to play like an updated Roy. I didn't actually want a literal updated Roy but looks like that's what I got. Hopefully he's more luigified this time around. And who knows, you all might see me around more often since as a Marth player, I will probably warm up (pun intended) to Roy quickly.

Congrats by the way! The prodigal son has returned.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I want to congratulate you guys. I really, really do. There's just a tiny, niggling doubt in my mind that this could be an elaborate hoax. I'll wait 'til tomorrow to hype for real.

That said, pending final confirmation:

CONGRATULATIONS YOU FABULOUS ROY-BOYS (AND GIRLS AND GENDER-NEUTRALS)~! <3

ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY!

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Congratulations, Roy supporters! I was part of teamroy back in Melee (at least when I had to "decide" between him and Marth) and I was disappointed when he got kicked from Brawl--moved on, but now I'm super stoked that he's in!

You guys have waited a very long time--I applaud you. What a happy day. Oh, joyous times. First Mewtwo... then Lucas... Now Roy! Hype!

royalblue

Smash Cadet
WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER SLEEPING???

I...I think I'm going to cry. Our boy is all grown up.

I thought I would have so much to say when this moment came but now I'm completely at a loss for words. I'm just so happy! So incredibly, unbelievably happy! ;v;

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Now the speculation starts on Moveset.

Edit: Well, we know this is in:

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The moment when he hit Marth , it's his side-b or F-Smash ? Because it's not the same as Marth

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't know if it's been brought up already, but his sword slash effect shows the Melee sweetspot, when compared to Marth and Lucina.

•Col•

Smash Champion
The moment when he hit Marth , it's his side-b or F-Smash ? Because it's not the same as Marth
Counter.

EDIT: At least, the way he's holding the blade and the swinging animation is very reminiscent of his Melee counter. It was pretty distinct looking.

Also, it kinda seems like Marth was attacking him right before the attack, which would make Counter the most likely answer. The camera angle change kinda makes it hard to tell though.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Counter.

EDIT: At least, the way he's holding the blade and the swinging animation is very reminiscent of his Melee counter. It was pretty distinct looking.
This doesn't look like a counter to me. But time will tell us!

I think that he will keep his counter though.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
So... um... who is the source of this video?

EDIT: Nvm I was skeptical for some reason

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Counter.

Also, it kinda seems like Marth was attacking him right before the attack, which would make Counter the most likely answer. The camera angle change kinda makes it hard to tell though.
But we see Marth in Hitstun Before getting Hit by the Counter , it do not look like Marth was hitting Roy

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This doesn't look like a counter to me. But time will tell us!

I think that he will keep his counter though.
A sword looking swipe appears after something happens with Marth, here is my printscreen:

Roy.png

Edit: Marth does not seem to have taken damage as his free fall animation looks to have been taken place.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Got a better image of whatever Roy is doing to Marth:

Roy2.png

Looks like he is getting hit.

Edit: Note, this picture takes place after the one that I posted earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom