• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So I notice a lot of people have this kind of signature

What is this? And who made this, it's incredible!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is there even a supporter's list? Managing it would be difficult in any case, given how the support seems to have exploded since the leak surfaced.

:231:

Maybe this'll work:

It baffles me that someone would only level up Roy nine times before the Sword of Seals :confused:

I smell Gameshark or Codebreaker on their file.

Really digging these attires though like I said many times before, his Awakening attire NEEDS to be his primary attire in the game. His Melee attire can stay but it needs to take a back seat.

But yeah, like someone in this thread said, Roy can have his Awakening attire as his primary attire, a Marth inspired outift as another attire, and his old Melee attire with their returning team colours. That's the best way to go about with his alts IMO.
While Roy's Awakening attire is one of my absolute favorite appearances in video game history, I feel like this thread should contain palette swaps for both old and new appearances, to gather more fans from all sides of the fanbase. I didn't see anything for his old appearance in the original post, and it's super easy to swap colors in a 16 color sprite, so I figured why not?

Plus, while I like his Awakening attire much more than his original attire, and @Adeptmune got me to look into just how hella rad the artist is and appreciate the Awakening appearance a lot more through her own art, Awakening has far too much undeserved content in Sm4sh. It definitely deserves a fighter and a stage, but a second rep making it half of Fire Emblem's playable representation, a final smash character, and being the only Fire Emblem with trophies for lots of minor characters left a bad taste in my mouth after I felt the game was far too praised for what it is over two years. A lot of people act like Awakening is the only Fire Emblem, and Sm4sh might not help that, especially with Roy being attached to Awakening. I might just be far too paranoid. With a TCG, Nohr+Hoshido deal, and SMT x FE, I think I could still welcome Roy's Awakening appearance with open arms.

It's pretty much 100% because I have serious doubts on Roy getting two costumes. Does he really deserve it when Marth and Ike have many appearances with no alts? I really want him to have two costumes, and he should get eight colors each just like Little Mac instead of an Alph or WFT situation if it happens, but I feel like the thread's self-entitled when it comes to how much Roy would get. I would welcome his Awakening appearance as his primary outfit if that's the case, since I welcomed it with Wario having his original appearance as a secondary costume. Whether it's primary or secondary, it should be the main focus of his trailer to silence a lot of haters. If it's his only costume, the idea leaves me feeling strange. I think @Adeptmune had the best idea of combining his appearances into one costume, it's my favorite art of Roy so far.

http://imgur.com/r/SSBPM/gY5NsOq

Its a gif titled things you didn't know you wanted, having Roy do Captain Falcon's Famous Taunt, Show Me Yo Moves, in for forward direction.

I got this from a moveset swap video on YouTube. It was deleted :urg: but I still have this to cherish it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Is there even a supporter's list? Managing it would be difficult in any case, given how the support seems to have exploded since the leak surfaced.

:231:
Yep there is one, and I don't mind managing it. The list is in alphabetical order, so if I missed someone, feel free to tell me.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
It baffles me that someone would only level up Roy nine times before the Sword of Seals :confused:

I smell Gameshark or Codebreaker on their file.

While Roy's Awakening attire is one of my absolute favorite appearances in video game history, I feel like this thread should contain palette swaps for both old and new appearances, to gather more fans from all sides of the fanbase. I didn't see anything for his old appearance in the original post, and it's super easy to swap colors in a 16 color sprite, so I figured why not?

Plus, while I like his Awakening attire much more than his original attire, and @Adeptmune got me to look into just how hella rad the artist is and appreciate the Awakening appearance a lot more through her own art, Awakening has far too much undeserved content in Sm4sh. It definitely deserves a fighter and a stage, but a second rep making it half of Fire Emblem's playable representation, a final smash character, and being the only Fire Emblem with trophies for lots of minor characters left a bad taste in my mouth after I felt the game was far too praised for what it is over two years. A lot of people act like Awakening is the only Fire Emblem, and Sm4sh might not help that, especially with Roy being attached to Awakening. I might just be far too paranoid. With a TCG, Nohr+Hoshido deal, and SMT x FE, I think I could still welcome Roy's Awakening appearance with open arms.

It's pretty much 100% because I have serious doubts on Roy getting two costumes. Does he really deserve it when Marth and Ike have many appearances with no alts? I really want him to have two costumes, and he should get eight colors each just like Little Mac instead of an Alph or WFT situation if it happens, but I feel like the thread's self-entitled when it comes to how much Roy would get. I would welcome his Awakening appearance as his primary outfit if that's the case, since I welcomed it with Wario having his original appearance as a secondary costume. Whether it's primary or secondary, it should be the main focus of his trailer to silence a lot of haters. If it's his only costume, the idea leaves me feeling strange. I think @Adeptmune had the best idea of combining his appearances into one costume, it's my favorite art of Roy so far.

I got this from a moveset swap video on YouTube. It was deleted :urg: but I still have this to cherish it.
As long as they keep the black and blue swap i use in PM(my profile pic) like i see you have in the little art square of pallets im fine. Roy looks so good in the dark purple/blue and black. and the white boots are sick too.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It looks like he has some sort of Brand in his eye. O.o
In the Tellius saga, Roy actually would be a Branded. He'd be pretty much the same thing as Soren, which is both funny and scary at the same time. Ike could handle Soren, he's cold as ice if needed to be. Roy? Not so much :laugh:

Am still excited for his return in Smash though.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
He's so gorgeous, I have this picture above my bed and I drew him in art class for support~

...This is so bad I need to stop I'm not even sorry oh my god.
I feel you XD My friends did a collab for me randomly of Roy, and now I have it hanging in my room. The thing is, they KNEW without asking me. It's kind of creeping me out how they were able to scheme behind my back and pick my two most favorite things (he was holding a Mudkip), put it in a drawing, and watch me spaz out.

Last edited:
Some more promotional images inspired by a Miiverse post.

They look a bit jagged and unnatural, hopefully I find a way to work around that.

Roy's heard is also already at 1x size on the portrait one, wasn't sure if I should have shrunk it further or not. If you guys are able to improve on this further, I welcome it.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Let's face it, no matter what they do with the files without admitting hackers did see them, we'll just take it as proof that the leak is confirmed.

Files still there? Leak confirmed! Files not there? It's a cover-up! Leak confirmed!

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Let's face it, no matter what they do with the files without admitting hackers did see them, we'll just take it as proof that the leak is confirmed.

Files still there? Leak confirmed! Files not there? It's a cover-up! Leak confirmed!
Personally, I still have doubts whether or not they do exist to begin with.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, their was also that thing proving that the Kirby 64 stage is legit so the leak involving Ryu and Roy should be real as well.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Mhm. Wonder if 1.0.7 has anything new for us? Or if they heard the buzz and removed the files? Probably not, we already know and that'd be more work for em, but if we get any new info like Wolf or another stage I'd be surprised! They wouldn't underestimate hackers again, right? It's incredible how fast they work these days...

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Mhm. Wonder if 1.0.7 has anything new for us? Or if they heard the buzz and removed the files? Probably not, we already know and that'd be more work for em, but if we get any new info like Wolf or another stage I'd be surprised! They wouldn't underestimate hackers again, right? It's incredible how fast they work these days...
No new files, Roy/Ryu stuff is still in.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
no new files were found.I may just be a lurker here but i'll try to keep as informed as possible on all roy related updates(also seeing as i'm on the supporter list for both young link and pichu and roy is the only melee vet i'm not can i be added)

Speaking of Together we Ride, have you guys heard about the Fakku sponsorship of a Canadian player recently? It's on the front page here at Smashboards, so I figured that was enough relevancy to mention here.

We should totally get them to support Roy. Let's get Obamacare, Trojan, Petsmart, Walgreens,and Nike to support Roy, too.

(I'm half serious on this, any of them sponsoring Roy would be sweet if we could pull that off)

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
So the Fire Emblem concert has come and gone, and I'm only finding "Sakurai is going to make an announcement!" search results. WHAT WAS THE ANNOUNCEMENT?

I'm only asking because I don't think it was anything Smash-related, since if it were I'm sure the Internet would be riding the Roy hype train into the Sun right now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So the Fire Emblem concert has come and gone, and I'm only finding "Sakurai is going to make an announcement!" search results. WHAT WAS THE ANNOUNCEMENT?

I'm only asking because I don't think it was anything Smash-related, since if it were I'm sure the Internet would be riding the Roy hype train into the Sun right now.
Woah-woah, we're not in July yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom