• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget "Boku wa makenai."
Oh! I won't forget that line he spoke! One of his victory quotes and his new Project M taunt! They may show Roy's two new taunts in his reveal trailer like they did for Mewtwo!

Does Mewtwo have all his Melee voice clips in SSB4? And yes, I know it's a new actor that voiced Mewtwo. Honestly, I never managed to unlock Mewtwo in Melee because of that unnecessary unlock method. If so, I would be very confident that Roy will keep all of his voice clips, unlike what they did to Marth in Brawl.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm not a huge Ridley fan (and I mean I'm not a fanboy for him, not that I dislike oversized Ridley LOL) but I can see why people want him. TBH it's pretty easy to understand why anyone wants any character, although that doesn't mean there aren't characters I absolutely detest and don't see the appeal in. Also, I admit upfront most of this are from P:M.

Back to Roy; I've been trying to think of different animations for some of Roy's regular attacks. Some different animations would help separate him from Marth a lot. Not saying all of these are gold, but they're a start.
F-tilt: Project M/FE6 style lunge. Nuff said.
U-tilt: Swings sword above his head perpendicular instead of parallel (so no wide-arc)
N-air: PM-style circular swing with fire
B-air: Roy stabs behind himself without turning around. Does not change the way he faces like Marth's b-air does. Trades wide radius of Marth's swing for stronger attack that's a better finisher.
D-Smash: PM style circle thrust, featuring t3h ph1r3.

General alterations I'd make to other attacks; f-air ,u-air, jab, dash have fire trails/fire sparks a la Ness/Lucas, more multihit stuff cause that **** is sexy.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Does Mewtwo have all his Melee voice clips in SSB4? And yes, I know it's a new actor that voiced Mewtwo. Honestly, I never managed to unlock Mewtwo in Melee because of that unnecessary unlock method. If so, I would be very confident that Roy will keep all of his voice clips, unlike what they did to Marth in Brawl.
I know he still has his Japanese voice which is a good thing for Roy since he never had an English actor(And probably never will)

Last edited:

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I guess for right now, we have like 5 or 6 and a half weeks until the 16th of June where Nintendo will have their conference. This year's E3 could very well be Roy's chance to get announced, and of course, Ryu. I, for one, will be very excited and hyped for both Roy and Ryu and their trailers. I so want that to happen at E3!

How many days and weeks do we have until the 16th of June starts? And what time does the E3 conference happen as well?

For Ryu, the hype will be giant worldwide, especially from Street Fighter fans and for Roy, all his us and the other supporters will be very happy for his announcement since we all first knew Roy in Melee and got experience out of him and his fiery sword.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How many days and weeks do we have until the 16th of June starts? And what time does the E3 conference happen as well?
Exactly 6 weeks from today.

I have a nagging feeling that Roy might get pushed from E3 to the FE Concert in July instead. I hope I'm wrong though.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Aw damn I missed the motivational union of love and friendship.

I'mma share this anyway as it's a mantra I live my life by:

"He who lives for a why can endure almost any how." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm not even a big fan of Roy, and while I would be very happy on behalf of his fans, I'm actually supporting him for my brother. Roy is all he really wants now, and he's wanted Roy since Brawl. I feel like a win would be nice for him - and I mean that in the least patronising, most sincere way possible. Roy's his boy, and thus he is my boy too.

He actually wants Eliwood most of all, but he'll settle for The Son of The Wood all the same.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So now, I actually started to wonder about Roy and the probability of him being revealed at that July FE Concert after all... just how many characters we have had revealed in some conference or other big event that wasn't E3, anyway? I don't think any.

Pac-Man and WFT were all more secretive E3-reveals, and everybody else (including all DLC so far) were usually revealed at end or start of Nintendo Directs, unless there came strange exceptions to make 'em some single-day reveals (Robin and Lucina so far IIRC). Also keep in mind that plenty people banked on certain characters being revealed at some major events or even tweets regarding them (Sakurai's tweets about RL Monado prop during Press Start 2013), but Sakurai never delivered in those terms.

I think that unless it's wholly planned and very much modified to fit into the schedule (like, some surprise in the middle), Roy would be more of E3-material rather than July Concert-material. Most of Smash-based announcements have so far been revealed to wide public all over, so having a selective group attending the concert and see the reveal while a lot people might not be even aware of it would have much less splash on Roy's reveal (being even more out of nowhere than Lucas was). And God forbid if he's just a clone (though that'd almost justify his hype being very underground then if happening in a Japan-only concert)

So I might predict Roy's reveal be at E3 in priority - most, if not all characters revealed as newcomers to Sm4sh has followed this suit, so I think Roy will follow, especially if they have to bank on him being hypeable (they better make him a semi-clone). Ryu would also be revealed while Lucas's release date might be given in the whim.

Aw damn I missed the motivational union of love and friendship.

I'mma share this anyway as it's a mantra I live my life by:

"He who lives for a why can endure almost any how." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm not even a big fan of Roy, and while I would be very happy on behalf of his fans, I'm actually supporting him for my brother. Roy is all he really wants now, and he's wanted Roy since Brawl. I feel like a win would be nice for him - and I mean that in the least patronising, most sincere way possible. Roy's his boy, and thus he is my boy too.
He actually wants Eliwood most of all, but he'll settle for The Son of The Wood all the same.
He should be all welcome to Roy's army then. Why not invite him in here?

(Also I can relate to him via playing Lucina now and then as I wanted Chrom, but at least can play as his daughter)

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hoo, that username rings a bell. Asked me about Lloyd Irving and his thread... I have to yet see him tho.
Nobody sees him.

Until it's too late.

You hear him before you see him. His voice is deeper than the ocean and more commanding than Allfather Zeus, and has been alternately described as "the voice of a dragon", "a robust baritone", "is that real real voice?" and "a voice that could destroy nature".

On more topical matters, he's a committed advocate of Roy and will definitely be celebrating if he is revealed. And he and I both agree that more Fire Emblem can only be a good thing.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
6 weeks until E3!?

Time's gonna fly.

He's posted here already.

@Formaldehyde
Huh, so Formaldehyde's your brother. Neato~

My sister mains Pichu in Melee and would love to see him return. that's gotta be hard supporting that electric mouse But, I don't mind if Pichu returns, as my sister will be happy. I would love to see all cut vets return honestly (dunno how likely that is, but one can hope).

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
6 weeks until E3!?

Time's gonna fly.
It begins.

And it is wonderful.

Huh, so Formaldehyde's your brother. Neato~

My sister mains Pichu in Melee and would love to see him return. that's gotta be hard supporting that electric mouse But, I don't mind if Pichu returns, as my sister will be happy. I would love to see all cut vets return honestly (dunno how likely that is, but one can hope).
I like Pichu, I'd be very happy to see it return~

The only veterans I am personally interested in are Lucas (confirmed), Wolf and Snake. Everybody else I am supporting for others' sakes - even my support for Pichu is due to the fact that my partner really, really likes Pokémon and she would die of happiness if Baby Flashrat returned. :3

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Pichu was just SO MUCH fun for trolling my little sister with XD. She plays pikachu alot so the lovely moments when I do teh swap from Roy to Pichu and just Clear her out of the game are simply glorious! There was nothing funnier than Thunder spam massacring enemies tag teaming with my sister [pichu and pikachu Down B glory!]

To be utterly honest I first liked Roy because hes a red head like me. But then as I played more and more I started mentally counting on the extra damage from his flames and the Sheer joy of a fully charged eruption strike on a sleeping enemy.
"NO PIKACHU PIKACHU WAKE UP NOOOOOO!!!"
'TCHYAAAH!' -boom-
the only thing that was EVER funnier than all of that, is the fact im good with princess peach. yep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah, there were definitely people who assumed he was going to be playable. The leak further solidified a lot of people's opinions. I was just getting at that some people did joke about the inevitable thing (I think I worded that weirdly before), while a lot... not so much.

I'm trying to compare the mentality here to other communities, like say Gamefaqs. Though I don't usually go on Gamefaqs a lot, while there was probably a similar situation with Chrom, I think I remember there being a lot of outliers for an Awakening newcomer. There was a lot of fanboyism for Owain, which I don't really know how this came about, nor do I really want to know lol. Plus, we all know that the best child in Awakening is Inigo.

Right, guys!?

Guys...? ;_;

I guess I'm alone here

jk, jk =P
Gee, I was seriously trying to forget that the Owain worship on there was even a thing. But again, they were literally desperate for any character from Awakening over Chrom. :rolleyes:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Gee, I was seriously trying to forget that the Owain worship on there was even a thing. But again, they were literally desperate for any character from Awakening over Chrom. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever forget about the Owain worship that went on there. :urg: :laugh:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Wait the "Owain worship" thing was real? I thought it was just a running gag within the GameFAQs boards, lol :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That Owain worship had trickled down here too.

Back in the old RTC thread, he was rated very early in the game, and had a 40-ish want %.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but I'd personally love Owain in the game. I'm not even sorry he was my first son when I played as Male Robin Lissa ftw.
I can just picture his taunts as being like, covering his face with his hand and shouting SAAAAACCCREEEED STOOOONES and RAAAAAAADIANT DAAAAAAAWN. Like, damn son.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but I'd personally love Owain in the game. I'm not even sorry he was my first son when I played as Male Robin Lissa ftw.
I can just picture his taunts as being like, covering his face with his hand and shouting SAAAAACCCREEEED STOOOONES and RAAAAAAADIANT DAAAAAAAWN. Like, damn son.
If Owain ever did make it into the game, the taunts would be amazing. "MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES" hes probably my favorite awakening character

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
As a supporter of all veterans my reaction to Roy's files were as such.

It's great to see the red haired wonder might be joining the fray at E3.
I am definitely going to try him out when he joins.
And my first match you ask?
:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:roypm:vs:4lucas:vs:wolf:
I suspect Wolf is joining so this will be amazing if it happens.
I feel Ryu and Roy will join as a duo. "Royu"One day..... One day it shall be real.
:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:roypm:vs:4lucas:vs:wolf:vs:popo:vs:squirtle:vs:ivysaur:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As a supporter of all veterans my reaction to Roy's files were as such.

It's great to see the red haired wonder might be joining the fray at E3.
I am definitely going to try him out when he joins.
And my first match you ask?
:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:roypm:vs:4lucas:vs:wolf:
I suspect Wolf is joining so this will be amazing if it happens.
I feel Ryu and Roy will join as a duo. "Royu"One day..... One day it shall be real.
:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:roypm:vs:4lucas:vs:wolf:vs:popo:vs:squirtle:vs:ivysaur:
You better :roypm: vs :4roy: on the line as well. as well.

Me after the RTC thread, it's so much more relevant with this picture:

Thanks to @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ 's words and a few others, I was able to brave the idea of returning to Smashboards via more than simply lurking.

In SSB4, we all know his fire will be still be orange like in Melee. Roy's flare blade should be shaking the stage and the background as he charges it like Project M Ike, and he needs the shining effect like SSB4 Ike has to allow the player to choose to avoid self-damage.
Roy's Flare Blade shook the screen in Melee when it was near full power, so it's definitely something I think they'd bring back.

What I'm hoping for most is that the 50% OHKO that was signature to Roy stays. It was one of the things that made him stand out as the most unique clone character in Melee to me. The first thing I'm doing with Roy if it stays that powerful is giving him 200 attack and the critical hits ability like a true Fire Emblem unit, then testing it. Heheheheh.

Ike's shining effect does not prevent the damage in SSB4, as far as I know. This is coming from someone who mained him since 2008 in Brawl and since SSB3DS's oversea release.

Chrom was in the Gemastsu leak right? It would make sense for people to think that he would be in the game though Robin and Lucina are better reps for Awakening then he is IMO.
I wholeheartedly agree on Robin, who was my #1 most wanted newcomer, though Chrom's a much more prominent (and much cooler) character than Lucina in my eyes. Sakurai could have worded what he meant better, what he said about excluding Chrom was kinda idiotic. It makes me worried that he'd pick Hector over Lyndis or Eliwood if he ever chose to represent FE7 in Smash, a small part of me worries about Elibe as a whole. Hector to me is nothing more than the most overrated character in the Fire Emblem series, by a landslide even bigger than his chance to miss, and even bigger than his gap between him and the units who have already kicked ass before he could get there after he promotes. Hector fanboys are one of the most unpleasant parts of the Fire Emblem fanbase, and have been to me for five years. Just to clarify, I think he's a great character, but he doesn't deserve his fan-given divine status. At least Japan is smart when it comes to him, I would trade 99% of the western Fire Emblem fanbase for the Japanese one at any given opportunity.

What was different about YLink then From Tink?
I do not enjoy playing as Toon Link at all, I find Link somewhat enjoyable but not enough to really ever play, and I find Young Link to be endless fun. I don't really know how to describe it, it's more of an instinct thing

I can't really blame the Gematsu-leak for really "controlling" people, for it had got so many things right at that point, anyway. I can't still stop commending for Robin-fans for staying strong in those days and fighting against all the detractors. Sweet, sweet victory during the day Robin was revealed, too.

For that reason I just want them to understand that Roy's fans are going through this sort of hate constantly (though in many other fashions and reasonings, hum)
Most Robin fans treat Roy like dirt, I saw a lot of it in the RTC thread. Before I ramble further, let me say that some are really good people supporting Robin, including the ones in this thread, and that Robin was my #1 most wanted newcomer. I don't think the others will ever learn or treat us as people, a bunch of snobs who learn nothing and have no capacity for empathy. A bunch of it's the side of the FE fanbase who only plays Awakening 24/7 and goes onto their 222nd run before thinking of branching into another Fire Emblem. I have a lot of bad blood with them dating back to early 2013 after I was ignored and excluded in the Facebook FE fanbase almost entirely once most of my friends disappeared and Awakening fans flooded in, when I was one of the first (probably the first) active Fire Emblem page admins in January of 2011. I went to feeling lower than I've ever been due to 2013 being my busiest and most stressful year so far as well as dealing with one of the single worst deaths of my life. I don't want to feel that low and powerless ever again. That's why I want to be supportive of people who support fighters in the same boat as Roy, hoping to not become like other Robin fans or Awakening players. I can't wait for them to leave like all my old friends, normally I have faith in people to improve but I've given them two years. At least people like False Sense keep my faith in some of them.

Basically. It's a recurring and very harmful practice within Smash-community, and tends to usually turn people against each other while also characters themselves into pretty hated figures thirsting for bad karma, for they're always seen as overrated bandwagons of the month (Chrom, Ridley, etc).

Not to mention it always keeps painting Smash Bros-series in the whole"salt on wounds"-mentality that is always brought on fans of their (usually deconfirmed) characters. Ergo, all the Roy Koopa-jokes, Chrom as Ridley's Wyvern Rider, Waluigi being infamous and ugly, disturbing mascot to the "rejected" (Assist Trophies), the playable roster almost worshipped and praised like they're gods and only important things in the spotlight (so we just have to hope for our wanted characters be in to even see them being anything sensibly and humanly represented in the fandoms, etc. This is why I can't get behind Awkward Zombie's cringe humor playing with Roy and Wolf, honestly)

It really leaves a bad taste of elitism on the gut, and not only had me personally want every popular, heavily supported or important character be in Smash - but also had me turn away from Smash's fandom in public activity, as Smash-series felt too light-hearted and memetic for me to get out more of as a more seasoned Nintendo-fan, especially with it's underlying crossover theme being really downplayed characters liking cute little blobs, salty jokes on expense of NPCs, Samus being a guy magnet, more salty jokes in expense of NPCs, all the strange memetic and stereotyped depictions of characters that are forced to be seen as attractive or badass...

It's not really like I wanna hate the fans, they really do cool stuff now and then, but this sort of mindset has long time then become a standard that I have to deal with: I've got sick of it due over-exposure, but still suffer little exposure to anything more deeper to discover about the series.

(A very good summing is the Smash-based headcanons which keep always being too random or based just on the person writing them, while also appealing to the fandom quirks and jokes circulated like usual. It's ´thus not easy to find anything remotely reconstructive or concisely, sensibly written things. I might blame most fans being knowledged by characters through their Smash-appearances, but at least some of them should be also familiar of them from their games to not make them think they'd do silly things or grow fascination to each other for no reason other than crack. It's becom excessive, really.)
This so much. There's a bunch of Nintendo pages on Facebook who try to get by almost entirely on cut character jokes and hating on some of them, and it doesn't help that half my active friendslist shares them every time. I see Awkward Zombie's portrayals of Roy, and all the Roy Koopa jokes, and they're so awful to me. I'm just glad that it's at least publicity, more people are aware of Roy with it, and the classic phrase, "any publicity is good publicity" applies.

Samus shipping with all the really masculine characters is one of those things they all spread around, too. They need to give it a rest. Inb4 Samus x Puff. :upsidedown:

At least cool things like that stain glass collage of all fighters in the series make it all worthwhile.

And well, Roy's sweetspot is on the base whereas Lucina's is balanced. Which changes how the character plays almost entirely.
This is one of the major factors that makes Roy the most unique clone in Melee, in my eyes, and one of the most unique characters of Melee or even the series.

Don't get down in the dumps Mason. You should remember that Roy is extremely popular as a character and the supporters heavily outnumber the amount of haters. The poll on this Smashboards article proves that...

http://smashboards.com/threads/roy-and-ryu-sound-files-found.399114/

A lot of characters in the RTC thread get crappy ratings. Rosalina was one of those characters. It has no bearing to how the character will be received. I know for sure that people will react positively to a revamped Roy at E3.

it's always a matter of entitlement really. People think that other characters "take" the spots of characters they want in the game and they act like stuck up brats because of it. I wasn't pleased with the majority of the Smash 4 newcomers but I still loved the game for what it was.
I also need to remember that the RTC thread and its members aren't relevant to the grand scheme of things. I definitely overreacted and should have known better, but my worries still exist, just to a lesser degree. Lucina and Dark Pit are really hated, but tons of people still love them, and they're still updated with every patch. I need to keep reminding myself that.

I've also never really have seen Rosalina hated after her reveal, besides people hating playing against her once the game released, which is another big factor I have to keep in mind. But with Mariotehplumber's hate of Rosalina, I can only see his archrival ascending from the abyss to join him in world conquest: Marthtehwarrior. He buys all Roy amiibos, and we must make a group effort to retrieve them. I'll save one for Adeptmune when she gets back.

Thank you for helping a comrade up.

This is only slightly related to how much support a character gets, but I feel as if it needs to be said from my thoughts.

You guys are more devoted to this cause than I have ever seen anyone do in a long time, albeit in the gaming community or just in real life. You've put up with **** for liking Roy as a character, and are determined enough to keep fighting for his return. It's been years for some of you, ever since he was found to not be included on the Brawl roster. Now that Lucina exists in Smash 4, it seems even worse. And you still keep going. It's very humbling actually to see such passion for a character's return. I hope you all are rewarded with massive amounts of respect if/when Roy returns to Smash Brothers.
I hope so, too, but I mainly see hate and disrespect coming. I'm ready for it, though. I just need to get a few people on the Roy hype train, justify his inclusion to as many people as I can, and enjoy him once he's in my hands. If I get flak for maining Roy, I can easily ignore it and give a smug grin in response because he's in the game.

@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 Like I've said before, there are no failures here. Please don't let the RTC thread get you down. It's only a small pool of people's opinions. You need to look at the more wider polls we've done and other data we've collected over the years. I do think Roy's popularity outnumbers those who don't want to see him return by a fair amount. He'd be a profitable DLC character either way, and so what if there's some who don't want to see Roy return? It's like that for other characters as well. Opinions may change if Roy officially gets revealed anyway.
Thank you as well for helping a comrade up. I need to remind myself that hatred of the character won't remove sales from those who want the character, those who want all characters, those who run tournaments, or those who have buddies who main Roy. It's part of what makes you a great leader.

To be honest im glad Chrom is not in, thogh I do think Lucina would have fit better as a Female Marth skin to go with Robin, wii fit trainer, and Villager. Chrom seems a little too close to Ike in each of the descriptions I have read for his character. A chrom outfit for Ike would have been cool.

then again I could be wrong, I havent played fire emblem awakening [Yet...]
Chrom isn't really anything like Ike. His fighting style alone, use of lances, having a shield like Link/TL, and his Aether being drastically different from Ike's all make him too different. He would never work as an alt, rather I see it as either fighter or bust. Ike at least has Chrom and Sigurd palettes. Though it's a bit late now. I'm against Chrom as DLC due to Awakening already getting much more than it deserves, with Roy being the best possible way to balance out Fire Emblem's own representation.

How low is Roy so far? It seems to me like 60-66% of the votes want Roy 90%+, while 40%-35% put down 0%.

The fact is the detractors have always been chest-pounding loudmouths. Roy always gets around the Top 10 in terms of support, and has among the most quiet fanbases especially of one of his size.

In the real world, Roy got the most likes of any character in the announcement for the Smash ballot on Nintendo's Facebook page, and on Miiverse and anywhere else where people don't live out their lives on games forums, Roy is among the most popular and beloved characters.

The fact is that these people are going to to painfully realize just how much a minority they truly are when Roy ends up being extremely well-received as DLC, just as they ended up being wrong about countless other things pertaining to Roy.

Really, do you truly think a ruthless enemy who senses he may be on the cusp of defeat is going to be demoralized and realize he's wrong? Or is he going to double down on pride and rage as a last gasp to beat down reality to avoid having to come to terms with their own inane hatred over something pitifully trivial?

These are often the same people who claim waifus and brag about pirating games. They are not the majority, and they are going to painfully realize this some day, hopefully soon.
I do need to remember this. I never knew about the Facebook like count, I could have contributed to it big time with my many pages and accounts over the years, as well as The Royvolution group and a post in there. I need to see past their facade better, and what you said about their waifus and piracy bragging really applies to my rant from earlier and my experience with the Awakening fanbase. Thank you for helping pick me up.

The perspective of the RTC thread isn't the perspective of the FE fans that'll be at the concert, and I'm sure most haven't even tried to look into who Roy is and how he plays. TBF, a lot of them never put any thought into their posts to begin with. I read "3rd Marth" over and over and immediately disregard every post saying they don't want another clone, leaving hardly any posts with credibility.

If they care enough to sound knowledgeable about Roy, they'll come here. If not, I honestly couldn't give less of a damn.
I do also need to keep in mind that a lot of minds and ignorance will change with Roy's reveal, ballot comments, and ultimately his design and portrayal in the trailer. Even if he's ported 100%, I think he'd be fine, even with my mild fears.

Look little fella. Who's the developer of Roy4Smash-site?

That's right, you are.

Like Chrono said, don't let the detractors pin ye down. They try so hard to make us feel this way about our boy, making him sound unwanted and irrelevant, in hopes to push him in the place where they think he belongs to. But they're wrong, and awful hypocrites wrong at that, if they also support a character as much as we do our boy.

Also if I can add, you're not alone with these sort of thoughts.

Roy keeps getting this sort of crap all the time, honestly - but we have had enough things proving to us so far that Roy is everything BUT what the detractors keep saying him being. It's okay that they might not see the appeal on him despite our reasonings, but we shouldn't take their opinions back in face-value due being overwhelmed by negative thoughts.

As a developer on that site, you should know better - though hey, people can feel pretty down now and then, especially when pushed enough. You have done a lot to our cause however, and for that, you should feel all ways proud.

I couldn't thank you enough. This post alone was the reason I came back after a few days of minor lurking, I was on the verge of doing nothing but renewing the site and going on with life after the RTC thread and a few other experiences that day. Not all of my motivation's back, I still feel a little awful, but I'll be fine. I have big plans for Thursday and beyond, after all.

I need to think of it like Yu-Gi-Oh, too. They can swarm the board with five monsters all they want, but if they can't take out a big 4000 or 5000 attack creature, their numbers are meaningless and their life points or deck size will eventually whittle down to 0.

Now I'm remembering why Marcus ranks among my favorite Fire Emblem characters.

Marcus: "[Name], put me at the point, please. There may be many of them, but numbers are meaningless! We are knights of Pherae. These mice of Laus will never defeat us!"

...So, I totally cried at this, and it wasn't even directed at me. Excellently, thoughtfully, and kindly said!

I'm not a big poster, but as of late I lurk a lot in these forums (as some of you guys have probably noticed with my rampant "liking"..), and its posts like these that keep me coming back every day. Passionate and uplifting posts like in the Roy forums give me hope that there are more genuinely awesome people out there, rather than just the loud, negative minorities that you see detracting on many sites and other forums. Its really encouraging, and has brought a smile to my face on many occasions.

Please keep it up guys! Don't lose hope or a positive attitude, because regardless of what the outcome with Roy is in the end, you'll be able to look back and say you were part of an awesome environment like this one. A community where people lifted each other up, shared and talked about what they loved, and set an example for how a forum should be.
lol u wuss

Kidding, thank you for reminding me of what I generally take for granted. I always take for granted what this thread and the Facebook group have given me: lots of cool folks to the point where it seems to be a 100% ratio of cool folks to 0% uncool blokes, basically what RTC's Roy Want % SHOULD have been considering Wolf, hands helping me up when I'm in doubt, and a really pleasant community that's been a much better experience for me than any of my rough past with the rest of Fire Emblem and Smash's fanbases. To where the first place I think of discussing FE is with you guys, and often you guys alone. Even if Roy was deconfirmed, or even if I met you guys with no clear purpose, I'd stay.

We're the reason people are getting their likes trophies, I'd miss my partner in crime if you left. :shades:

We just need Adeptmune back to have a full pegasus triangle attack at will.

*pats on shoulder* Come now, dear. Ignore that thread. They're only a small minority of naysayers. What are they compared to us?

Do not falter again, we will answer this outrage! Okay maybe we won't but whatever...
But, seriously, don't pay attention to that thread, friend. We will get through this, and we will see our boy home!

I believe in you, we believe in you, and of course, Roy believes in you. As Lucina said, we will challenge our fates!

Me rn (left) and Ike skin guy on Brawl Vault (right)

Do the impossible, see the invisible! Roy, Roy, Fight the ph1r3!!

"Listen, Simon. Never forget. Just believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that I believe in; not in the Kamina that you believe in. Have faith in the Simon who believes in you."

I got carried away with the sheer epicness of Gurren Lagann.

Thank you so much for also helping me back up. You're right, I need to pick back up my good ol' optimism for Our Boy. We will win this.

I would love to see all cut vets return honestly (dunno how likely that is, but one can hope).
I feel like Wolf is a given, I could be wrong.

I also have a plan to make the Ice Climbers work that I'm gonna continue revising, and I'm keeping it as blackmail until we get Roy back. Mwahahahahaha. :evil:
(Kidding, I already sent it in, I have a plan B I'm revising)

Part of me has a feeling that Squirtle and Ivysaur are going to return at some point down the line, in a year or two, despite their chances seeming low. It's another one of those instinct things I get. I'm also for Pichu, the rage mechanic will really help and I need a fun handicap character. Nolimar and Mii Swordsman aren't cutting it.

If Owain ever did make it into the game, the taunts would be amazing. "MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES" hes probably my favorite awakening character
I'm heartbroken that Eliwood's Rage was forgotten. :sadeyes:

Even the father of Roy can't catch a break, haha.

I dunno about you guys, but I need :roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee: vs, :roypm::roypm::roypm::roypm: in my life. I'll get seven homies over just to all do his taunts, Flare Blade, Double Edged Dance, etc. at the same time, then be like "Thanks fam" and dismiss them.

Last edited:

Threedede

Smash Rookie
I found this thread 2 days ago, and spent a large portion of those 2 days catching up. Roy was my main in Melee, he just felt better than Marth to me. I've been on Smashboards a few times, but never had a profile. I saw all the Roy support, and felt that I should throw in my support as well.
lrn 2 connect sentences, man.

I found this thread 2 days ago, and spent a large portion of those 2 days catching up. Roy was my main in Melee, he just felt better than Marth to me. I've been on Smashboards a few times, but never had a profile. I saw all the Roy support, and felt that I should throw in my support as well.
lrn 2 connect sentences, man.
Are you Emblem Warrior on YT/Twitter? I recall them with that profile pic using Dedede on a video Etika covered, and saw Dedede as your Brawl main, so my brain instantly had a flashback.

Threedede

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, no. The reason I picked up Dedede is because I was biased against Ike, because he was slow. I don't know.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IIRC, Roy's want was higher than the majority of characters on the RTC thread (that includes characters like Shantae, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Sceptile, Impa, Paper Mario, Wonder Red, and Captain Toad). Heck, he's currently Top 10 right now out of the 22 characters that were rated already.

Most wanted chart:
1. King K. Rool - 79.36%
2. Wolf - 76.12%
3. Isaac - 67.20%
4. Ridley - 61.70%
5. Ice Climbers - 61.49%
6. Dixie - 59.89%
7. Bandanna Dee - 59.66%
8. Banjo Kazooie - 59.36%
9. Snake - 55.62%
10. Roy - 55.14%
11. Captain Toad - 52.62%
12. Rayman - 48.36%
13. Paper Mario - 47.95%
14. Wonder Red - 46.82%
15. Shantae - 46.48%
16. Inklings - 45.19%
17. Impa - 45.05%
18. Sceptile - 41.13%
19. Krystal - 38.29%
20. Quote - 29.91%
21. Shovel Knight - 23.97%
22. Henry Fleming - 21.31%

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 holy wall of text, Batman! =P But I'm glad you're feeling better. You've done so much work for our boy already, so thank you. It's nice to see passionate Roy fans/supporters like yourself and everyone in this thread.

Chrono brought up a good point about Facebook and Miiverse.

On the Smash 4 official Facebook page under the fighter ballot post, Roy is one of the characters with the most amount of Likes (I think Viewtiful Joe is higher) and this was before the Roy/Ryu leak.

When there's Miiverse posts about Roy, they always get a good amount of Yeahs and supportive comments. There's some awesome Japanese artists, and the Yeahs on their Roy posts reach very high, like 800 to 900s. Even here Roy gets a lot of Yeahs, just look at Archdan's post that's in the 2000s. A major reason is probably because Archdan's well known here, but he helped encourage people to vote for Roy.

Sure, there's some Roy supporters who are very loud, but I think the majority have stayed pretty quiet for the longest time. Because when people brought Roy up, a lot of the time they either got **** on, or people spewed out misconceptions about Roy in hopes to argue against him (it wasn't that bad here, but on other gaming sites...). I think there's other fanbases who had it worse, but Roy's history is still... unfortunate and odd to say the least. The misconceptions people used always got to me, but I learned to not take things personally and ignore people or try to educate them.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Unfortunately, no. The reason I picked up Dedede is because I was biased against Ike, because he was slow. I don't know.
There's a glaring lack of a Sonic icon here. :4sonic:

IIRC, Roy's want was higher than the majority of characters on the RTC thread (that includes characters like Shantae, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Sceptile, Impa, Paper Mario, Wonder Red, and Captain Toad). Heck, he's currently Top 10 right now out of the 22 characters that were rated already.
I wouldn't really use RTC as a measure of how likely a character is. It only represents how likely we think they are.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
People also don't really know what they want. I'm quoting our very own ChronoBound on an excerpt from his account of pre-Melee times:
However, when Melee finally released, and when people actually got their hands on the game, a very different tune was coming out amidst all the bawling about the dismal roster decisions. These people found a fighting engine that was much more satisying than Smash 64, much more and more inventive stages, loads of new items, a liiteral Nintendo museum (trophies), and the multitude of new modes the game had over Smash 64. Indeed, many people ended up falling in love with the two unknowns (Marth and Roy) and also thought lame, obscure guys like Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch were pretty inventive. The only three characters that were pretty much still whining about was Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link (and also about Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone).
Basically with Roy, people legitimately like playing as him. That's what ultimately matters(as supported by the above quote), and is why all the bawling about him being irrelevant or a clone will soon be replaced with a much more positive outlook on him based on how he feels like playing as a character.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wouldn't really use RTC as a measure of how likely a character is. It only represents how likely we think they are.

Theirs the chance portion of the thread and the want portion of the thread. In the chance part, Roy was 2nd only behind Wolf (pretty stupid given that he has files in the game) and in the want portion, he placed 10th out of the current 22.

Highest chance chart:
1. Wolf - 93.04%
2. Roy - 88.82%
3. King K. Rool - 70.75%
4. Isaac - 54.90%
5. Dixie - 45.08%
6. Inklings - 43.29%
7. Bandanna Dee - 34.99%
8. Ice Climbers - 29.84%
9. Captain Toad - 29.63%
10. Rayman - 29.56%
11. Snake - 29.12%
12. Wonder Red - 26.31%
13. Impa - 25.79%
14. Krystal - 25.01%
15. Paper Mario - 24.70%
16. Sceptile -14.06%
17. Shantae - 9.17%
18. Henry Fleming - 7.41%
19. Banjo Kazooie - 7.28%
20. Quote - 7.20%
21. Ridley - 5.64%
22. Shovel Knight - 4.47%
Most wanted chart:
1. King K. Rool - 79.36%
2. Wolf - 76.12%
3. Isaac - 67.20%
4. Ridley - 61.70%
5. Ice Climbers - 61.49%
6. Dixie - 59.89%
7. Bandanna Dee - 59.66%
8. Banjo Kazooie - 59.36%
9. Snake - 55.62%
10. Roy - 55.14%
11. Captain Toad - 52.62%
12. Rayman - 48.36%
13. Paper Mario - 47.95%
14. Wonder Red - 46.82%
15. Shantae - 46.48%
16. Inklings - 45.19%
17. Impa - 45.05%
18. Sceptile - 41.13%
19. Krystal - 38.29%
20. Quote - 29.91%
21. Shovel Knight - 23.97%
22. Henry Fleming - 21.31%
Roy's bound to have a lot of support outside the hardcore fanbase to have scored this highly on this site.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh, I forgot to mention this, but someone asked about Final Smash ideas before.

I think it would be cool to see something similar to Shulk's, where Roy's comrades pop up. I'm thinking Lilina that attacks with magic and Wolt that makes it rain arrows. Hell, let's throw in Marcus while we're at it, and then Roy does the finishing blow.

Mewtwo's FS is pretty flashy. I would love to see something similar with Roy in terms of creativeness, rather than a Critical Hit reskin (hoping they won't be lazy on this, but I'm keeping my expectations low). I'm wondering if they'll keep Lucas' FS, since it's a lot more different now that Ness got some changes to his FS.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wait til his Amiibo gets launched to be compatable with S.T.E.A.M. and give him an english voice like :4marth:
Wait until Roy's Amiibo gets announced and then pre-orders will be sold out within 5 seconds EVERYWHERE. :troll:

This is actually no laughing matter. If people cannot grab a Roy Amiibo or they're too expensive thanks to scalpers, I think the best bet is to import it (if you can find a cheaper price).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wasn't there like one guy who bought out an entire supply of Rosalina Amiibo's?

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Wait until Roy's Amiibo gets announced and then pre-orders will be sold out within 5 seconds EVERYWHERE. :troll:

This is actually no laughing matter. If people cannot grab a Roy Amiibo or they're too expensive thanks to scalpers, I think the best bet is to import it (if you can find a cheaper price).
I could've sworn that it was said that DLC characters will not get Amiibos?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Most Robin fans treat Roy like dirt, I saw a lot of it in the RTC thread. Before I ramble further, let me say that some are really good people supporting Robin, including the ones in this thread, and that Robin was my #1 most wanted newcomer. I don't think the others will ever learn or treat us as people, a bunch of snobs who learn nothing and have no capacity for empathy.
No, we're not.

Every fanbase has some less-than-savory members, or people you simply don't agree with. It's easy to blind yourself to the majority due to a prominent minority.

The Robin fanbase is full of great people; we've bonded together through our support of a character we earnestly wanted to see in Smash, despite so many detractors trying to crush our dream. We're not so different from you all, really.

I'd appreciate it if you did not generalize my friends as snobs incapable of understanding others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom