• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
They should make Roy's counter blow up the whole entire stage in flames if successful...

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, Roy doesn't really need a counter. Especially if Marth and Ike has one, I'd be nice if they de-clone Roy a little and give him a more unique move instead (or at least a more interesting counter) just to make him stand out more. But that's just me.

Now the question is, will Chrom carry the tradition and get a counter? Well, that's another story...

•Col•

Smash Champion
They should make Roy's counter blow up the whole entire stage in flames if successful...

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, Roy doesn't really need a counter. Especially if Marth and Ike has one, I'd be nice if they de-clone Roy a little and give him a more unique move instead (or at least a more interesting counter) just to make him stand out more. But that's just me.

Now the question is, will Chrom carry the tradition and get a counter? Well, that's another story...
I think Roy's counter should fire strong flame projectiles out. It'd give his counter something unique that no other counter in the game has. It'd be a pseudo-reflector in that it's good to use against enemies that spam projectiles.

Also, pretty sure Sakurai's already decided on condemning any FE character to have Counter as their Down Special.

D

Deleted member

So, Roy as boss on Coliseum? When he appears, he plays like a slightly decloned AI controlled Roy. Unlike most bosses, you kill Roy by knocking him off of the screen, just like a character! When he's KO'd, the background music changes to Winning Road for the rest of the match.

In all seriousness, who would love to see Roy as at least a trophy in glorious HD with teh ph143? I was so mad he didn't get a trophy in Brawl. Even this guy :pichumelee: got a trophy!
curse cuteness...

Last edited by a moderator:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I would much prefer Roy over Chrom.

I hope he at least makes it as a DLC character with his Awakening look.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure everyone in the Roy thread would rather have Roy than Chrom. But yeah I'd love his Awakening costume. Best redesign out of Marth, Ike, and Roy hands down. If Roy returns though, regardless of what costume he has

It must be a recolor. Yellow Roy da bes Roy.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, Roy as boss on Coliseum? When he appears, he plays like a slightly decloned AI controlled Roy. Unlike most bosses, you kill Roy by knocking him off of the screen, just like a character! When he's KO'd, the background music changes to Winning Road for the rest of the match.
I know you were joking, but if that seriously happens, I think I'd smash my head against a brick wall. Why would you spend time and resources de-cloning Roy, only to have him as a boss that acts like a normal character? Why not just make him playable at that point? SAKURAI HATES ROY FANS!!

Trivia: Golden Roy is Sakurai's favourite Roy colour swap. Mine too (and Red).

Last edited:

King Orpheus

Smash Rookie
NNID
XxLordOrpheusxX
3DS FC
0705-4585-3519
Krom is destroying Roy's chances....now Krom gotta be the most likeable Lord of all time in Fire Emblem....Roy have alot of haters (I hate him in his game he was weak)..... Ike chance are way higher than Roy's...it seems Intelligent Sys have high regards for Ike to...
Chrom is one of the worst lords in FE history. How much would you bet if he wasn't able to marry Robin or have a daughter, he would still be liked? He's objectively a pretty bad unit (before you say anything, make sure you're playing on Lunatic or higher :p) and an even worse character IMHO. And considering just about everyone I've talked to about Chrom, he clearly is disliked more. They just say he's the more logical choice. (If any FE13 char deserves a spot, it's Gaius XD)

King Orpheus

Smash Rookie
NNID
XxLordOrpheusxX
3DS FC
0705-4585-3519
That's myth that most leads are blue-haired swordsman. The only blue-haired swordsman in the series are Marth, Ike, Sigurd, Celice, and Chrom. That is five lords out of 15 or 1/3.

Only 1/3 of the lords are blue-haired swordsmen. That is far from "most".
Shouldn't Eirika count? Also, Lucina arguably took Chrom's spotlight as well as the fact Robin can also potentially be one. (Though on the same token, s/he can be considered no category because almost everything about hir can be changed)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Chrom is one of the worst lords in FE history. How much would you bet if he wasn't able to marry Robin or have a daughter, he would still be liked? He's objectively a pretty bad unit (before you say anything, make sure you're playing on Lunatic or higher :p) and an even worse character IMHO. And considering just about everyone I've talked to about Chrom, he clearly is disliked more. They just say he's the more logical choice. (If any FE13 char deserves a spot, it's Gaius XD)

Lol, this is quite an old comment, I don't view Chrom now as used too back then, I still think he is way better than Roy, back all I had to see about Chrom are video snippets and that's it, I'll welcome him over Roy anytime, he is not on the scale of Ike and Hector awesomeness (The only Lords that I adore), still I think he is better than many Lords...

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
How would you guy's feel if a completely re-deigned Roy makes it into Smash (as a DLC that is!)
His Appearance would be updated and based on Fire Emblem Awakening

He would retain all his moves from Melee and he would be DLC I made up a DLC packages for him!
1. Roy's Our Boy Package $4.99
-Contains Roy and his Melee Appearance as an alt.
- The Cancelled Melee stage Akaneia would be his home stage.
- Various music from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade.
What do you think? Would you buy it?

Last edited:

Altern

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Roy return to the game. Sure he had the same move set as Marth but they played different like all of the clones do. I was always a big fan and sorry to see him go in Brawl.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I would love to see Roy return to the game. Sure he had the same move set as Marth but they played different like all of the clones do. I was always a big fan and sorry to see him go in Brawl.
I Agree with you, btw Welcome to Smashboards I hope you like it here!

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
How would you guy's feel if a completely re-deigned Roy makes it into Smash (as a DLC that is!)

He would retain all his moves from Melee and he would be DLC I made up a DLC packages for him!
I would prefer him to be on the disc but I would buy it.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman

i sincerely hope this happens, this would be ****ing awesome.

Altern

Smash Cadet
I Agree with you, btw Welcome to Smashboards I hope you like it here!
Thanks! I'm just starting to get my feet wet..... But Roy was always my favorite in Melee and he's the reason I keep going to back it time and time again

Specs45

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0115-4460
i sincerely hope this happens, this would be ****ing awesome.
Agreed, and if he does get in I wonder if his counter will be the same where it sometimes send you flying in an arc.

Thanks! I'm just starting to get my feet wet..... But Roy was always my favorite in Melee and he's the reason I keep going to back it time and time again
Roy is awesome in melee. I played better with him than Marth.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Does the "Shut up and take my money" option sound good? Jk but yeah! do you even have to ask?! Also shoutouts to Sethlon for that Roy on Project M screen hotness but Melee Roy is always classic. Nothing like the sweet, sweet crowd cheering...

Zurf

Smash Cadet
I liked Roy in Melee, but I think that other FE characters should get priority over him, especially considering that he was a Marth Clone...

Chrom, Robin, Lyndis, or maybe even Eliwood with a similar moveset, but not Roy.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I liked Roy in Melee, but I think that other FE characters should get priority over him, especially considering that he was a Marth Clone...

Chrom, Robin, Lyndis, or maybe even Eliwood with a similar moveset, but not Roy.
But cmon. . .Roy's our boy he's yours too:shades:. He can at least make DLC in your heart right? Also I'm 2 days late but Welcome to Smashboards @ Zurf Zurf
Roy is such a babe. He has to make it back, DLC or not.
That he is:shades: Also welcome to Smashboards @ LonelyJaguar LonelyJaguar

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I like Roy, and I like what PM did with him. But I don't find the possibility of Chrom heinous, they both got their merits. Roy is still beloved in Japan quite a bit.

Chrom has Awakening under his belt though. Best Seller in the series I dont mind if either make it in.

My best hope would be both considering with both we'd have all the eras of FE in Smash but 4 is pushing in, plus there are so many other lords who should try to get a shot too.

If we wanna go by brokeness/strength from games though Sigurd wins out :p

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Chrom is one of the worst lords in FE history. How much would you bet if he wasn't able to marry Robin or have a daughter, he would still be liked? He's objectively a pretty bad unit (before you say anything, make sure you're playing on Lunatic or higher :p) and an even worse character IMHO.
He's objectively a pretty bad unit (before you say anything, make sure you're playing on Lunatic or higher
Facepalm.

Chrom is capable to beat the game in Hard. No grinding. No pair up.

In Lunatic he can beat the entire game (including Grima) with the help of Frederick. No grinding. No reclassing to Paladin.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Chrom is a pretty solid unit, but in Lunatic i'd rather if I was soloing use someone who can Nosferatu.. Or a team :p

King Orpheus

Smash Rookie
NNID
XxLordOrpheusxX
3DS FC
0705-4585-3519
Facepalm.

Chrom is capable to beat the game in Hard. No grinding. No pair up.

In Lunatic he can beat the entire game (including Grima) with the help of Frederick. No grinding. No reclassing to Paladin.
I'll give you this. You're right to an extent. But I think I had postgame in my mind when typing that. XD But Awakening was designed that way. It's possible to beat the game with any one unit provided they show up early. But it's much more entertaining watching Sumia do it. XP

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I'll give you this. You're right to an extent. But I think I had postgame in my mind when typing that. XD But Awakening was designed that way. It's possible to beat the game with any one unit provided they show up early.
Chrom, Manaketes, Lucina, Tharja I think (that luck and skill mades me doubt) they can beat the game without grinding and reclassing (yeah, no Avatar cuz no Armsthrift, Sol or Nosferatu no party).

But it's much more entertaining watching Sumia do it. XP
True. Cuz it's fragile, more tactics than tanking.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm currently on Chapter 24 of Binding Blade; I've been trying to beat this game off and on for about 6 years now. I'm not a hardcore FE fan, but I'm doing this for my boy, just so I can say that I beat his game. I'm almost there.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm currently on Chapter 24 of Binding Blade; I've been trying to beat this game off and on for about 6 years now. I'm not a hardcore FE fan, but I'm doing this for my boy, just so I can say that I beat his game. I'm almost there.
Did you get Karel? He helps a fair bit in the final. Binding Blade also gives you quite a few prepromoted units which help quite a bit in the game, along with the characters you boost as you go.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Did you get Karel? He helps a fair bit in the final. Binding Blade also gives you quite a few prepromoted units which help quite a bit in the game, along with the characters you boost as you go.
Nope. I was wondering how to talk to him in that village, but apparently I needed to bring Fir along. I have a save on Chapter 22, so I can go back and get him if I can't beat the game on this save. Right now, the only thing that's blocking my progress is making stupid decisions and getting destroyed by Manaketes.

EDIT: Since I haven't beaten the game yet, I'm obviously on Normal Mode, so I think it's possible to beat the game on this save. I've got a max level promoted Rutger, Lilina, Wendy, Lance, Raigh, and Sue, and I'm currently trying to level my promoted Roy, Clarine, and Zeiss. I'm pretty sure that I can do this if I'm careful.

EDIT 2: After 6 years, I finally managed to beat the game, but it turns out that I have a bad translation patch. It froze when it got to Yodel's section in the epilogue. :(

Also, regarding the final battle (spoilers, of course):
Really? Two hits with the Sealed Sword? That's all it took to kill Idoun. All in all, the game was pretty challenging, but that final battle felt really anticlimactic. Maybe it's because I was on Normal Mode. However, judging by how long it took me to beat the game this time, I have no interest in replaying the entire thing again on Hard Mode just to get a difficulty increase.

It took me way longer than it should have, but I can now say that I've beaten Roy's game. I now want him to return to Smash more than ever. While I don't think he'll make the initial roster, I think he has a high chance for DLC, judging by how much Japan loves him. When ChronoBound did some research on the Japanese fanbase a couple of years ago, Roy was the second most requested character there, behind Mewtwo. Keep hope, my friends. Roy may have his day in the spotlight again.

Last edited:

nesinomics

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum nice to meet you all. Now first off I'm a huge Roy fan he's my main in Super Smash bros. Melee and the only character I'm good with. I just want to bring up something interesting that happened. On tumblr I made three posts. One was of Roy's victory poses, another of Marth's poses, and the third was Mewtwo's victory poses in Melee. Roy's poses got 134 notes, Marth's got 11 notes and Mewtwo's got 5 notes. I just thought that was interesting. It made me think: is there a side of the internet where Roy is more popular than Marth and Mewtwo? Or do people just like his poses? What do you guys think?

Damfourth

Smash Rookie
Sounds awesome. I'd like his stages music to represent all the GBA FE games though.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Throwing this out there, what if Lucina is Roy? As in she uses Roy's properties? How would you guys feel about that?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think Roy is going to be in the retail version of Smash 4. However, I still think he has a good shot if DLC happens.

As for Lucina, she looks very "cloney" to the point where people are wondering if she is an alternate costume. It would be weird for Sakurai to add in a Melee-style clone considering how unique all the other newcomers for Smash 4 have been, and how two out of three of the clone newcomers from Brawl (Wolf and Lucas) only shared five moves with their original counterparts.

I feel vindicated in regards to Chrom though (and My Unit/Robin). For the longest time I said that I thought that Chrom and Ike gave off the same feel in terms of characters (especially considering Radiant Dawn Ike was used). I also said that if a newcomer from Awakening were selected, that the My Unit/Robin would be the best way to go for a character that contrasts with Marth and Ike (and Roy).

For us Roy fans, we have the marvelous Project M update to him to satisfy our fiery needs (and we will probably get some cool alternate costumes of him in 4.0). As a veteran, I do think he has a good shot of showing up as DLC, but for now, we have Project M (which I think is going to be a sort of companion title for Smash 4).

We fought long and hard for our boy. I myself fought ever since the the leaked Brawl roster was vindicated back in January 2008. Heck, I was at the forefront of Roy's return during pre-Brawl.

We fought well. And although we did not (although Roy is not de-confirmed, its unlikely he is going to be in at this point) get Roy to return, we still found a way to enjoy Roy alongside the rest of the modern Smash Bros. cast (Project M).

Its kind of ironic how the two main contenders for a third Fire Emblem slot (Roy and Chrom) both got knocked out. However, I think with Roy he potentially could be a DLC down the road, while Chrom is relegated to being part of Robin's Final Smash.

No doubt there will be plenty of Roy haters saying "I told you so", but having any Smash veteran not return (especially a popular one) is not a good feeling. Already things don't look good for Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur (Lucas might actually have a chance now if that Gematsu leaker's information is out of date).

I disproved a lot of things Roy haters have used (namely the reception regarding FE6, and how Roy got to be included in Melee), however, ultimately all my work was for naught, so things are disappointing there.

However, out of all the characters I supported for the pre-Smash 4 period, I probably supported Roy the most (I think the only other character I put some major effort into supporting was Ridley). I did much of the heavy lifting with this fanbase, lifting some inspiring images from the FE6 manga to rally our fanbase. But ultimately, looks like Awakening proved to be too much of a juggernaut for Roy to overcome. Hopefully, the same fate does not befall Mewtwo (and that both him and Jigglypuff make it into the final retail roster).

However, in the end, its not like we lost entirely. As mentioned earlier, we still have the Project M's Roy (and Mewtwo). For many of us, we will never forget all the times we had enjoying the lord with the flaming sword, and continue to enjoy him, regardless of the fact that he won't be in the retail version of Smash 4.

Roy will forever be our Boy!

Thanks for everything everyone. This has been an incredible 6.5 years. Sure things did not end the way I wanted them to, however, things also didn't end up like a defeat either. We got Roy in Project M (and possibly has a future as DLC), and Chrom was not Mr. Inevitable, now was he. :troll: (sorry Chrom supporters)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom