• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Can we run a poll? I think it would be interesting to see numerically what we want from Roy as DLC.

Similar to Lucas, where he is so different only the Specials can be said to be the same

A Semi-Clone akin to Falco and Ganondorf

Roy's Melee Moveset

An entirely New Moveset

These are just four general categories I thought of, not all of the ones that should be included or with the options in my wording should we do a poll.
I think the most viable option is a Semi-Clon change like Falco and Ganondorf (change animations, some effects and blah)

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
The haters will never win. Think of the haters like how Zephiel was from FE6. Just like how Roy and his army made sure that Zephiel didn't fulfil his sadistic ambition, we will not the haters have their way with their lies and nonsense. As long as the Royvolution stands strong, nothing can defeat us.

Viva la Royvolution!

Hence why Roy's Awakening design is the best way to go for Smash 4. It will show a more experienced, older Roy who's a much more competent fighter than he was before.

Wow, that sounds pretty immature dude. So what if he gets changed? If that does happen then were getting a much more unique character instead of a 3rd clone which is better for Roy seeing as he has nothing in common with Marth unlike Lucina who actually poses as Marth in her game. Besides, Sakurai isn't going to change him up to the extent that he's nothing like his Melee self. He can still have his 3 specials that I mentioned before as it's completely unique from the ones Marth has. Him having a ranged fire attack would be better than having the old side B so that his specials will be completely different from Marth. Why your so against it IDK but there's nothing special about Marth's Side B in the game.
Maybe because i love how Roy plays without his changes? Roy was already unique. he had different properties than marth. sure he wasnt as good but PM made him a lot better. Since when do characters in smash use moves from their games? I want Roy like he is in PM. Projectiles would ruin the way Roy was therefore ruining the fun i have with him. His Double Edge Dance was way better than Marths Dancing Blade. I dont get why you want his Awakening design or a projectile. Get over it. People want different things in life. Am i not entitled to my own opinion of what i want for Roy?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
@ Chris_Skorniak Chris_Skorniak

Since when do characters use moves from their games? Correct me if i'm wrong but pretty much the entire cast uses moves that are from their source material. The only exception to this are characters that don't have many fighting moves in their games like C. Falcon (he's never really shown outside his car in the game and hence them getting a moveset that's not related to his source material). Otherwise, virtually everyone uses moves related to their source material. What I was trying to get at was that Lucina makes much more sense as a Marth clone than Roy does seeing as she quite literally poses as Marth in Awakening. Roy isn't on the same boat as Lucina and hence a change up for him makes perfect sense. He doesn't have to have everything about him changed.

Why do I want all of that? Maybe it's because I want Roy to be more than a clone and to have his own unique moveset as opposed to just being like Marth again. Maybe it's because I want that design so that Roy will have an updated look like Marth and Ike does and so it makes him look older and more experienced than he did in Melee. Roy has everything to gain with having like 80-90% of his A attacks changed and having a new Side B. He would be a much more unique, standalone character making any claim of him being another clone nonsense and people who are nostalgic for Melee Roy will still be happy to see that his Neutral B hasn't changed from Melee along with his Blazer and Counter. Everything works out in the end.

You are entitled to your own opinion but the way you came about with your whole "i'm not buying Roy if X and Y happen" was rather bratty. You know, if Roy ends up being the exact same way he was in Melee, i'm not going to like the decision but i'm going to live with it and enjoy it for what it's worth because at the end of the day i'm going to be glad to see Roy return. What i'm not going to do is threaten to not buy the character because "X happened so i'm not buying Roy". That's just immature.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
@ Chris_Skorniak Chris_Skorniak

Since when do characters use moves from their games? Correct me if i'm wrong but pretty much the entire cast uses moves that are from their source material. The only exception to this are characters that don't have many fighting moves in their games like C. Falcon (he's never really shown outside his car in the game and hence them getting a moveset that's not related to his source material). Otherwise, virtually everyone uses moves related to their source material. What I was trying to get at was that Lucina makes much more sense as a Marth clone than Roy does seeing as she quite literally poses as Marth in Awakening. Roy isn't on the same boat as Lucina and hence a change up for him makes perfect sense. He doesn't have to have everything about him changed.

Why do I want all of that? Maybe it's because I want Roy to be more than a clone and to have his own unique moveset as opposed to just being like Marth again. Maybe it's because I want that design so that Roy will have an updated look like Marth and Ike does and so it makes him look older and more experienced than he did in Melee. Roy has everything to gain with having like 80-90% of his A attacks changed and having a new Side B. He would be a much more unique, standalone character making any claim of him being another clone nonsense and people who are nostalgic for Melee Roy will still be happy to see that his Neutral B hasn't changed from Melee along with his Blazer and Counter. Everything works out in the end.

You are entitled to your own opinion but the way you came about with your whole "i'm not buying Roy if X and Y happen" was rather bratty. You know, if Roy ends up being the exact same way he was in Melee, i'm not going to like the decision but i'm going to live with it and enjoy it for what it's worth because at the end of the day i'm going to be glad to see Roy return. What i'm not going to do is threaten to not buy the character because "X happened so i'm not buying Roy". That's just immature.
i never said i wouldnt buy him. i just said i wouldnt play as him. i would give him a shot sure. i might even get used to it. I just would prefer the Roy i know and love. i do agree with the Dual Clothes so everyone can be happy. i just would use his melee outfit. Maybe he could keep DED and have a custom which had a projectile added? Long shot but maybe Customs for Roy would appease everyone. DED that starts or ends in a fireball. ive given it some thought.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Can we run a poll? I think it would be interesting to see numerically what we want from Roy as DLC.

Similar to Lucas, where he is so different only the Specials can be said to be the same

Roy's Melee Moveset

An entirely New Moveset

These are just four general categories I thought of, not all of the ones that should be included or with the options in my wording should we do a poll.
Personally, I want him to have an entirely new move-set besides Neutral B and Up B. His A attacks need to be completely revamped and we can add on a fireball projectile. No idea for a Down B, though. Maybe we can keep the counter? I could see Roy having so much potential in Smash 4's engine with the sword's hilt being the sweet spot. I just want to see that realized so much at this point. On a side note, three cheers for being in school during the Direct this E3. I get to miss everything.

EDIT: And keep the D-Tilt. Good thing I read over my posts a billion times after posting them.

Last edited:
Totally subtle Roy request at the end.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJ6f5wBQ

Roy's Melee Moveset

An entirely New Moveset

The options should be:
  • Smash 4 Dr. Mario treatment
  • Luigification
  • Full declone
I choose full declone. I would like to play a Luigification or Doc treatment more but I can adapt and I really do not want to deal with another generation of Roy hate for being a clone. A full declone would be similar to what Wolf has, so the fanbase could at least be reasonably called out when they treat Wolf like Jesus and Roy like the Antichrist. :p

The Roy haters are foaming at the mouth more outside SmashBoards. I have even seen these clowns claim that Roy has most illegitimate fanbase of any character in Smash Bros.

If anything he has the purest. Those who love Roy do so because they developed a bond with the character, unlike most other characters that are supported for DLC which are basically bandwagons.

I am anxious. We could very well get a Roy confirmation next week, but at the same time I feel we will probably be waiting until the end of July for it (FE concert).

My hope is that Sakurai manages to make Roy's return triumphant. Its difficult to wait this long. We could have to wait another 50 days. We can't rest until Roy is confirmed. The Roy haters are doing everything in their power to say that most people don't want Roy back when that is the furthest thing from the truth.

The Loudest of Loudmouths need a long overdue helping of humility and reflection. The saga of the Roy fanbase is perhaps the most arduous and desperate. Hopefully, victory is within reach.
It was so delicious on SSB's Facebook page yesterday. There were two guys commenting "No Roy!" as replies to every Roy support comment in a sea of them except mine and they got shut down pretty hard by a few of us. They are trying their hardest but they can't outnumber us for sure. I can deal with it until July or later if it means more love and work put into Roy, it's about a month compared to wanting him back in for five years (60 months). They will get that time to reflect and accept their losses for quite a while soon, the losses will be even deeper the more charm Roy retains and gains, and the more unique he is. The best part is, it's easy to look back at all of the hate and false words spewed on social media and forums just by searching for certain posts, laugh at them, hope they look back as well, and most importantly enjoy our character. We'll get some angry people here and there but it happens to even Mewtwo and Lucas. It will happen no matter who is chosen as DLC.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'd like Roy to be a bit of a blend - retains part of his Melee style with a few new moves sprinkled on him, so half semi-clone, half unique characteristics.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
i never said i wouldnt buy him. i just said i wouldnt play as him. i would give him a shot sure. i might even get used to it. I just would prefer the Roy i know and love. i do agree with the Dual Clothes so everyone can be happy. i just would use his melee outfit. Maybe he could keep DED and have a custom which had a projectile added? Long shot but maybe Customs for Roy would appease everyone. DED that starts or ends in a fireball. ive given it some thought.
I wouldn't mind if he had his BB attire as a secondary though I want to see his A attire as his primary. Customs are up in the air and IDK if their going to happen. Even so, the attack would be unique enough that it would need more than a custom.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
On the topic of "decloning" Roy, I'm kind of on the fence. On one hand, I always thought he was plenty unique in his own. He's certainly much less of a clone than Lucina. If they kept his neutral B unchanged and let him keep his up B , as well as lef tthe trajectories on his normals, that alone would be enough differentiation.

That said I think it'd be great if they changed things up a lot too. As long as they didn't change them for the worse haha.

I may be huge on tooting the declone horn, but I'm a lot more comfy now with Doc treatment after my memories of doing some Melee events and certain friendlies back from four or five years ago back when I primarily used Marth, some from Corneria really stood out to me.

I like Brawl-'s declone where Double Edged Dance was still a really good approach but was almost a completely different move with three swings rather than four and those swings had unique animations. I like how they threw a fire projectile on ftilt and in his Final Smash instead of replacing a special, too. That Roy has the same playstyle and similar tools to PM Roy that make him good, yet he's even less of a clone and can't truly be called one in B-.

Ultimately, I think a much tamer version of this moveset with fewer weird hitboxes and standards is something we could all agree on, for Melee players, PM players, and people wanting something new. Three birds with one stone.

--

When you convert a Roy hater

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So, after not playing Marth for the better part of two weeks, and instead trying out Lucina, I was about to drop Marth. Lucina just is more reliable in the damage department if you miss a tipper, and since I can only play in online tournaments and For Glory, Lucina was looking to be a replacement. Then I played Marth tonight and got the unfiltered, satisfying taste of a shield break, down taunt, followed up by fully charged tipper FSmash.

I am not dropping Marth. I will just switch the two depending on Match Up. I find it odd that against Shulk I am better as Marth, but against Little Mac I am better as Lucina.

Considering how I play Lucina like Marth, tippers in all, I wonder how I will get properly adjusted to the different sweetspot?

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Ok, add the DED from PM and THAT'S totally my boy.

About his Awakening desing, however, I'm a bit worried about his cape. I doubt its going to be wrapped around his right arm, cause that will cause so many clipping and graphic abominations, I think it will end up as a generic cloak.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Ok, add the DED from PM and THAT'S totally my boy.

About his Awakening desing, however, I'm a bit worried about his cape. I doubt its going to be wrapped around his right arm, cause that will cause so many clipping and graphic abominations, I think it will end up as a generic cloak.
I want the scabbard, so I'm already worried about clipping issues. I think Nintendo will be able to do it though, the cape and scabbard.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Roy haters are foaming at the mouth more outside SmashBoards. I have even seen these clowns claim that Roy has most illegitimate fanbase of any character in Smash Bros.

If anything he has the purest. Those who love Roy do so because they developed a bond with the character, unlike most other characters that are supported for DLC which are basically bandwagons.
While it is undoubtedly true that Roy has most purest fans due his former clone status and other reasons to make bandwagoning inexistent, I believe most fans out there supporting some popular characters are quite try-and-true fans as well like us. These characters have their own charm and fans that have grown with them, as well.

While they have say, more bigger number of people in their fanbase, they are basically in a complete uncertainty when it comes to adding their own wanted character by Smash-team. And now it's all up to their ballot votes as their only ways to raise their voices on Sakurai's hearing.
Compare to us, who right now (even if hanging by it) have a measly sound file leak as a lucky charm that gave us a head start by many leaps into a more certain confirmation.

I think that these other fanbases will really struggle to get whoever they want in Smash and just has to stick together. I quite tend to root for them, not to mention I have some characters that have chance only via Ballot. I think we can really talk about bandwagoning if the characters have easy ways to get in Smash by a glance and people not before then has shown up to support them out of nowhere.

Obviously though, Roy is constantly looked down upon in Smash-community in many abashed an exaggerated ways, which makes the sound leak be our only glimmering light at the end of the tunnel in Roy's long history of absence and easy ridiculing on his expense on the way.

Still, I think saying they are "bandwagoning" is too early - as it is so up in the air so far who might be leading right now in the ballot, and who will be chosen in the end. I persoally want all very beloved and highly requested in along with Roy, and much more. This is still a once-in-a-lifetime chance to let each of fanbases raise their voice, anyway.

On the other hand, the Non-Nintendo 3rd parties/indie developers promoting their characters for Smash Ballot... now that's trying to bandwagon people, honestly.

I am anxious. We could very well get a Roy confirmation next week, but at the same time I feel we will probably be waiting until the end of July for it (FE concert).
I quite do wonder about this as well. We gotta also keep our attention on the upcoming update in order to see if the sound files have stayed there.

My hope is that Sakurai manages to make Roy's return triumphant. Its difficult to wait this long. We could have to wait another 50 days. We can't rest until Roy is confirmed. The Roy haters are doing everything in their power to say that most people don't want Roy back when that is the furthest thing from the truth.

The Loudest of Loudmouths need a long overdue helping of humility and reflection. The saga of the Roy fanbase is perhaps the most arduous and desperate. Hopefully, victory is within reach.
I really hope he makes his trailer the epitome of triumph. I really want people to finally rekindle interest on Roy, essentially rewriting his history in Smash-series from an infamously hated clone to one of the more beloved and coolest characters in Smash by his vigorous fighting spirit, amazing rush-down moveset similar to PM's and finally just look absolutely cool during fighting while still showing sings of youth. That'd make him for me so much.

EDIT:

Announced via Nintendo of America's Twitter, Masahiro Sakurai will host a video presentation about Super Smash Bros at E3 2015 on June 14th, 7:40 am PT. Nintendo says Sakurai will be outlining the details of Lucas’ inclusion in Smash Bros., the new Miiverse stage on Wii U, and Mii Fighter costumes inspired by Splatoon.

Guys, I think this could hint Roy in a way or another. Better dig in when it comes.

Hyyypppeeeee~~

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A Smash Direct is coming next Sunday at 7:30 AM PT and it might talk about the upcoming DLC (Roy or Ryu). Get hype!

Edit: Damn it Greninja! :4greninja:

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
A Smash Direct is coming next Sunday at 7:30 AM PT and it might talk about the upcoming DLC (Roy or Ryu). Get hype!

Edit: Damn it Greninja! :4greninja:
Eheh, you're too slow! :sonic:

Bye the way, whats the point in having a smash direct for something that's already been announced (Lucas, Miiverse stage, Inkling costumes) and will be release like 20 minutes after?
As someone already pointed out, maybe they don't want to show a DLC at the E3 to focus on the actual new games...and this could mean...

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I agree with @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , there has to be something going on.That presentation will probably last for twenty minutes, since Sakurai's Miiverse Post states that Lucas will be released at 8 AM PST.

Also, Valkyrie, I hope Snake is excluded from your statement about 3rd parties. No veteran left behind... even Pichu.

As someone already pointed out, maybe they don't want to show a DLC at the E3 to focus on the actual new games...and this could mean...
I doubt Ryu will be shown off like this, but I think Roy will get less backlash if he is shown off in Sakurai's video.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I agree with @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , there has to be something going on.That presentation will probably last for twenty minutes, since Sakurai's Miiverse Post states that Lucas will be released at 8 AM PST.

Also, Valkyrie, I hope Snake is excluded from your statement about 3rd parties. No veteran left behind... even Pichu.
While I don't care about Snake, I meant the 3rd Parties/Indie developers promoting blatantly their chars to be in Smash. You know, like Team Meat did:

While it is undoubtedly true that Roy has most purest fans due his former clone status and other reasons to make bandwagoning inexistent, I believe most fans out there supporting some popular characters are quite try-and-true fans as well like us. These characters have their own charm and fans that have grown with them, as well.

While they have say, more bigger number of people in their fanbase, they are basically in a complete uncertainty when it comes to adding their own wanted character by Smash-team. And now it's all up to their ballot votes as their only ways to raise their voices on Sakurai's hearing.
Compare to us, who right now (even if hanging by it) have a measly sound file leak as a lucky charm that gave us a head start by many leaps into a more certain confirmation.

I think that these other fanbases will really struggle to get whoever they want in Smash and just has to stick together. I quite tend to root for them, not to mention I have some characters that have chance only via Ballot. I think we can really talk about bandwagoning if the characters have easy ways to get in Smash by a glance and people not before then has shown up to support them out of nowhere.

Obviously though, Roy is constantly looked down upon in Smash-community in many abashed an exaggerated ways, which makes the sound leak be our only glimmering light at the end of the tunnel in Roy's long history of absence and easy ridiculing on his expense on the way.

Still, I think saying they are "bandwagoning" is too early - as it is so up in the air so far who might be leading right now in the ballot, and who will be chosen in the end. I persoally want all very beloved and highly requested in along with Roy, and much more. This is still a once-in-a-lifetime chance to let each of fanbases raise their voice, anyway.

On the other hand, the Non-Nintendo 3rd parties/indie developers promoting their characters for Smash Ballot... now that's trying to bandwagon people, honestly.

I quite do wonder about this as well. We gotta also keep our attention on the upcoming update in order to see if the sound files have stayed there.

I really hope he makes his trailer the epitome of triumph. I really want people to finally rekindle interest on Roy, essentially rewriting his history in Smash-series from an infamously hated clone to one of the more beloved and coolest characters in Smash by his vigorous fighting spirit, amazing rush-down moveset similar to PM's and finally just look absolutely cool during fighting while still showing sings of youth. That'd make him for me so much.

EDIT:

Announced via Nintendo of America's Twitter, Masahiro Sakurai will host a video presentation about Super Smash Bros at E3 2015 on June 14th, 7:40 am PT. Nintendo says Sakurai will be outlining the details of Lucas’ inclusion in Smash Bros., the new Miiverse stage on Wii U, and Mii Fighter costumes inspired by Splatoon.

Guys, I think this could hint Roy in a way or another. Better dig in when it comes.

Hyyypppeeeee~~
That popped up on my YouTube subscription feed. I was the only viewer there at the time via "1 viewer" and it just told me to come back in 5 days. I set a reminder, but I work anyways, so I'm hoping that my phone will blow up that morning to stay updated on new content.

I doubt Ryu will be shown off like this, but I think Roy will get less backlash if he is shown off in Sakurai's video.
I think Roy's only real backlash, even if he comes back exactly the same, would be from social media posts that Sakurai may never see. The hype would definitely outnumber any complaints. I think his reception will go really well no matter what now that I had time to reflect on previous doubts, so I'm thinking it's all or nothing on a double reveal, whether it's Sunday or next week.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
While I don't care about Snake, I meant the 3rd Parties/Indie developers promoting blatantly their chars to be in Smash. You know, like Team Meat did
I figured this was what you meant, but I didn't want Snake to be counted out. If Snake was never included to begin with, I wouldn't care and think he is another 3rd party attempting to get in. Since he is a vet though, I think he might have a chance. Sakurai might do it as a farewell to Kojima from Konami, since both Konami and Kojima have favorited/retweeted tweets about Snake as DLC.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I figured this was what you meant, but I didn't want Snake to be counted out. If Snake was never included to begin with, I wouldn't care and think he is another 3rd party attempting to get in. Since he is a vet though, I think he might have a chance. Sakurai might do it as a farewell to Kojima from Konami, since both Konami and Kojima have favorited/retweeted tweets about Snake as DLC.
I personally would want Simon Belmont, Goemon or Bomberman, but Snake being quite a gaming icon when related to Konami and being a veteran really counts. It wouldn't hurt to have him back either.

Konami also sturgglingwith itself is omething that has bummed me for quite a while, so having Snake appear for perhaps one last time in most biggest Smash to date would be really bittersweet a swell.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Their going to spend more than 20 minutes if their talking about Smash Bros content. 10 minutes can cover Lucas, the new stage(s), and new costumes while the other 10 minutes can be used to give Roy and Wolf their reveal trailers in the direct.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJ-Xncng

Hmm, 20 minutes to announce a stage, a character and some costumes? All of those are already technically announced, I wonder if there will be a surprise. Or maybe we will still have to wait the E3 for new character...those days will last forever T_T
20 minutes confirmed, it seems. I really wonder why they need all that though, I don't wanna be spoiled of everything or be possibly left sleeping due the possible boredom.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
They might be also releasing the tournament mode, which means they have to talk about it. The same goes for the Miiverse stage in terms of it being talked about for a minute. Throw in a trailer, you can gradually take up twenty minutes.

Or it is really 5 minutes and all of us are just assuming its twenty because Lucas releases twenty minutes after the video starts.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I've only got one complaint:

Roy's already in Smash.

Of course, I'm talking about Roy Koopa, but hi sname is displayed a sRoy i ncharacter selection, victory screens, Smash Run status, Etc. So, does this mean Roy doesn't have a chance?

Knowing how adamamnt you guys are, I predict the answer is "no", but that leads me to my next question: what will they do about this little problem if Roy DOES make it in?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Roy's already in Smash.

Of course, I'm talking about Roy Koopa, but hi sname is displayed a sRoy i ncharacter selection, victory screens, Smash Run status, Etc. So, does this mean Roy doesn't have a chance?

Knowing how adamamnt you guys are, I predict the answer is "no", but that leads me to my next question: what will they do about this little problem if Roy DOES make it in?
Either nothing or they just rename all Koopalings so they have Koopa on their names (i.e. Roy Koopa, Wendy O Koopa, etc.)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
- 1 minute for Sakurai welcoming the fans and giving the introduction for the direct.
- 3 minutes for Lucas details.
- 5 minutes for other DLC info (Stages, Modes, Costumes, etc...)
- 5 minutes for Wolf's reveal
- 5 minutes for Roy's reveal
- 1 minute for Sakurai wrapping up the direct and thanking the fans for watching.

It all works out well.

Roy's already in Smash.

Is it really hard to put the word "Koopa" after all the Bowser Jr. alts names?

This whole argument is akin to saying Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario can't be in the game because characters with the name Bowser and Mario already exist in the game.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
- 1 minute for Sakurai welcoming the fans and giving the introduction for the direct.
- 1 minute for Sakurai wrapping up the direct and thanking the fans for watching.

It all works out well.

This whole argument is akin to saying Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario can't be in the game because characters with the name Bowser and Mario already exist in the game.
Or as @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 has said, Roy could be named Lord Roy

Also, would Sakurai reveal Wolf before E3? I think that Nintendo would show Wolf after showing off the Star Fox E3 Trailer, like as soon as the trailer ends, "Can't Let You Do That Star Fox", Smash Trailer for Wolf.

Roy's already in Smash.

While they do share the name Roy, it's very easy to differentiate between them. A human swordsman, and a turtle with (rad) sunglasses in a clown car are near impossible to mistake. This is a game where 8 players can all pick and play Mario, too. If it comes down to it, Roy (Fire Emblem) should carry the Roy name, while the koopalings all receive "Koopa" at the end of their names to make them easier to not only differentiate with Roy, but also with common human names. Really, though, it shouldn't be an issue if both are simply named "Roy"

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

It all works out well.

Or Young/Toon Link.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Either nothing or they just rename all Koopalings so they have Koopa on their names (i.e. Roy Koopa, Wendy O Koopa, etc.)
I dunno, do you really think they'll rename all of the Koopalings? That would be the first time that DLC ended up changing another character cosmetically.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not a big deal really. If anything, the name is more accurate to the source material.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Consider also how Koopalings are basically Bowser Jr's alts anyway - so having someone named Roy who basically represents himself instead of some bigger character in the roster is going to override this whole issue.

Still so obvious to see how Roy Koopa at the end is now "popular" for making Roy look even more "pathetic" and "uncool" due all the jokes and memes overall. Smash 4 also does little hints to this but since we also had stabs on Lucas being goner due Ness inheriting his moves, Fox having Wolf as an alt color, etc...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So I guess Sunday the 14th could be the time when Roy is revealed, right? Will be interesting to see the aftermath of this hypothetical scenario of Roy's reveal.

Koopa would also help common names like Iggy and Wendy to avoid confusion with common names, or to avoid confusion with Iggy Azalea and Wendy's as a food chain.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Both Link and Toon Link have the same audience cheer. I don't think there would be as much of an issue to keeping them both as Roy. But if Sakurai really feels like Alfonzo-izing this too. Then just add the word Koopa next to the Koopalings first names....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom