• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

holyv

Smash Journeyman
luigi is really good with mk banned, except against marth/gw. so pick up a secondary like falco or diddy for those 2.
OH MY GOD YOU READ ME

I played falco since i got this game >.>

-----------

D3 Had his infinites banned? oh my ****ing god, who makes this ****ty ruleset anyways? the backroom? the backroom is full of IDIOTS.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD YOU READ ME

I played falco since i got this game >.>

-----------

D3 Had his infinites banned? oh my ****ing god, who makes this ****ty ruleset anyways? the backroom? the backroom is full of IDIOTS.
it's filled with salty players.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Why its just on my opinion?
Don't you think it was unfair when they created that stupid Ganoncide rule?
Or when they let Metaknight win 100% of the tournaments since when the game is off for sale?
D3 Infinite was banned? How about the IC's that if they grab you its a stock? isn't the same thing?
I dunno, these guys are full of crap.

What's your opinion BC? are they fair, it's good for you?, tell me about it man :D

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Why its just on my opinion?
Don't you think it was unfair when they created that stupid Ganoncide rule?
Or when they let Metaknight win 100% of the tournaments since when the game is off for sale?
D3 Infinite was banned? How about the IC's that if they grab you its a stock? isn't the same thing?
I dunno, these guys are full of crap.

What's your opinion BC? are they fair, it's good for you?, tell me about it man :D
er well I don't really care on the ruleset I'll play it regardless. But I do agree on the ganon rule because basically the person using Ganon made the choice to suicide therefore he should win. There only other reason that the winner is decided by the victory screen. Sure ok so timeouts should be banned because the winner on the victory screen is the person who killed the other person in sudden death.

As for infinites. No one really uses D3 and I had to play one in tourney and it just felt like I was playing Falco because of the Cg across the stage. I have seen the infinite which is strange in that D3 can cancel his after lag from his dthrow to grab again so it looks pretty annoying. But If the d3 relys on this method to win so much then Hurray for me lol that D3 can't fight.

Same thing with Ics. ALL ics will not learn the un trippable cg because it's too hard ok fine by me. You'll have to deal with the cg that might make the ics trip and better yet if the ics mess up the timing yay combo to up b or fsmash. Other than that I can still mash out of the grab. Lastly same situation with D3 "I only know how to grab idk how to go sopo or fight in general".

Mk will always be mk(cheap), but Luigi is jerk in that he's a variable against mk. Up b son you mad bro? fsmash at 90% and you die? you mad bro? misfire..... I didn't plan for that but I bet you're mad.

my opinion on the ruleset. :3 meow only I have a problem with is Castle siege as a neutral. I hate that stage.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
lol I always try to footstool him, but I never succeed. :p

hmm ok Holyv gonna have to go neow. I have to study for a quiz. bye and goodbye to you luigi lurkers. :3

Luigisama

Smash Champion
done with the quiz. Lol that thing was short, but I hope I got most of the answers right. *GULP*

Yoshq say yes to my friend request on skype I wanna troll you. lol jk

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I've caught free fever. 17th two tournaments in a row. Dunno if I'll be be able to recover

Also
Up b son you mad bro? fsmash at 90% and you die? you mad bro? misfire..... I didn't plan for that but I bet you're mad.
This made me laugh, I'm putting this as my sig

Edit: Well I would if I knew how to put it as my sig =x

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I showed a Yoshi main this, and we were laughing our ***** off. He might put that on the Yoshiboards too.

:phone:
lol oh snap I'm going to be on the menu list for the Yoshi supper.

Guys, I've caught free fever. 17th two tournaments in a row. Dunno if I'll be be able to recover

Also

This made me laugh, I'm putting this as my sig

Edit: Well I would if I knew how to put it as my sig =x
free fever? two bad places?..... well it fails to beat my 12 bad placings in legit tourneys. The rest not counting as legit imo.

Lol hey it's true. I hate to hear the UGHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSS from mk mains that get shoruykened, the "oh my gosh that fsmash is too strong", or "wow really of course misfire" because I feel like I'm doing something bad. But it happens Sowwy :3

Luigisama

Smash Champion
This is proof that I just say dumb things. ^

Edit: just got ninja'd because the sig appears up there instead of in this post.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I don't think luigi does too bad against g dubz. It's mainly marth, falco, and a few misc matchups. This does help out Luigi tremendously( enough so that I'm going back to co maining him) but it doesn't make Luigi himself a better character. It's still gonna take a lot of work with him.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
So how do I put that as my sig? I have no idea how it works on here lol

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
scroll to the top, click User CP, on the left, "Edit Signature" a little ways down. GG.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Test post to see if sig works

Edit: God damnit, I still can't see it. What am I doing wrong D;

yoshq

Smash Master
you guys are ********, what if a good player decides to learn the infinite chain grab. why the **** would you want that legal?... i was infinited by a d3 at genesis and i had to go mk to win... and by an icies too, and lost that

I don't think luigi does too bad against g dubz. It's mainly marth, falco, and a few misc matchups. This does help out Luigi tremendously( enough so that I'm going back to co maining him) but it doesn't make Luigi himself a better character. It's still gonna take a lot of work with him.
i don't think falco is that bad, but i think gw is terrible. logically gw's moves outprioritize most of luigis, and stuff.

but yeah luigi is a boss now, no pun intended.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Hahaha I LOVE marth. I guess it's because my Luigi mostly learned through wifi so rolling in to **** them worked all too well. however I've done it offline and the results are the same. Marth's are way too scared of Luigi so they're constantly walling leaving an opening behind them lololol. idk i like marth. Falco's annoying :(. SNAKE ***** us imo. PEACH.... play slayerz and you will be like omg f this matchup lol; i think we lose to peaches that know the mu. ummm and yea gdubz is pretty hard. but aside from that? TIME TO GO WEEGEE ON ERRYTHANG ELSE!! :D. (wolf's that know the mu can say hi to my diddy kong/snake) <_<

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Biglou with those pre johns about Luigi. lol jk

Luigisama

Smash Champion
you guys are ********, what if a good player decides to learn the infinite chain grab. why the **** would you want that legal?... i was infinited by a d3 at genesis and i had to go mk to win... and by an icies too, and lost that

i don't think falco is that bad, but i think gw is terrible. logically gw's moves outprioritize most of luigis, and stuff.

This is true about D3, but Ics wow someone really mastered that un trippable grab? kudos to them.
Idk regardless if the tourney allows infinites I'll deal with it and if I win dang I can't believe I won period.

jbandrew

Smash Lord

yea guys I agree the D3 infinite is gay.. I learned how to small step CG DK in 5 minutes. In 10 minutes I was being CONSISTENT (aka not messing up)... so yeaaaa. If I learned that in 5 minutes it shouldn't be too hard for D3's to learn the infinite on luigi so.. :(

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Your all bad. Luigi is just too swag for the roster now and he gonnn **** now. Y"all gotta have thug mentality **** bad mus.

Imma come back to this game as soon I sell my maple account lolol. I better see all the luigis at apex swagged out or else imma drag all your ***** out of ur houses.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
i don't think falco is that bad
He isn't until they learn the MU and then it's a pain.

Hahaha I LOVE marth. I guess it's because my Luigi mostly learned through wifi so rolling in to **** them worked all too well. however I've done it offline and the results are the same. Marth's are way too scared of Luigi so they're constantly walling leaving an opening behind them lololol. idk i like marth.
Dude, Usmash OOS on a committed Fair is godlike. Usmash in general is really good against Marth.

and luigi for everyone else....

maybe mario for marth...
I think Luigi does better against Marth. Mario doesn't have the range that Luigi has. I've played it from both ends and I tend to do better with Luigi.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
NEVER use mk to win.
If some douche start infiniting you, go diddy, spam the **** out of bananas.

------

Luigi > Mario, in every aspect, but mario kills more offstage, because of cape and fluud.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
WE HAVE REACHED A NEW STAGE.

the luigi boards had 7 or 6 people visiting luigi boards today

HE REAPS LOL

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I feel it's easier with Mario, because he has better air speed and he has an easier time landing. His fsmash outranged like all of Marth's **** too.

Top Bottom