• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Actually I think that most of the focus in the game is the RPG.
i might be wrong though.

kaid

Smash Master
[[[ リオル Rioru ]]]
Lv01 : Quick Attack
Lv01 : Foresight
Lv01 : Endure
Lv06 : Counter
Lv11 : はっけい (395)
Lv15 : さきどり (364)
Lv19 : Reversal
Lv24 : Screech
Lv29 : まねっこ (383)
Egg : Cross Chop
Egg : Detect
Egg : Bite
Egg : Mind Reader
Egg : Sky Uppercut
Egg : Hi Jump Kick
Egg : Agility
Egg : [Move410]
Egg : Crunch
Egg : Low Kick
Egg : Iron Defense
Egg : Blaze Kick
Egg : [Move418]

[[[ ルカリオ Lucario ]]]
Lv01 : あくのはどう (399)
Lv01 : Quick Attack
Lv01 : Foresight
Lv01 : Detect
Lv01 : Metal Claw
Lv06 : Counter
Lv11 : はっけい (395)
Lv15 : さきどり (364)
Lv19 : Bone Rush
Lv24 : Metal Sound
Lv29 : フェイント (382)
Lv33 : Swords Dance
Lv37 : はどうだん (396)
Lv42 : インファイト (370)
Lv47 : りゅうのはどう (406)
Lv51 : ExtremeSpeed

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
well when d/p comes out i will compose my team of the following
starter
pochama who will evolve into the awsome water and steel enperuto

korinku
who evolves into rentoraa

lucario
who rules and keeps this post more on topic then most recently
kaburaisu

these are ones from fourth gen i know i want
others from other gens i want
blaziken, swampert, aggron, flygon, and metagross
i also want dialga so i'm getting diamond
if you didn't know, i like steel and dragon types, swampert and blaziken just rule as does rentoraa

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucario's stats made me a little disapointed. Ofcoarse, I'd rather not have him being uber. But still, Im disapointed how Lucario's Sp.Atk is higher then his Attack. :(

Btw, Goukazaru> All other starers. I love how they have a monkey starter, and it's even a Fire type! My favorite of all. ^^ This might turn out to be my most favorite Pokemon ever.

kaid

Smash Master
SCANDAL!
Lucario's Signature move, Wave Guiding Bomb, was removed!

His major moves are now, Pulse Bomb (Fighting, 90 power), Dragon Pulse (Dragon, same power), and In-Fight (120 power, fighting, reduces Defence and Special defence.

I'm going to rename the WGB in the OP to Pulse Bomb.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
it was.

the correct translation was "aura" not "wave"

aura wast used ingame because nintendo of america dosnt want "religious" problems.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I just looked at the 4th generation list. And I have to say I am not all that impressed. Lickitung's evolution made me get hemmeroids. Well not really, but it was disappointing. I also have to say that I think Lucario (out of the 4th's) should get in. And not only that, but the developers should use Kaid's moveset. At first I thought Lucario should have a gimmick. But the moveset is well thoughout. And the character offers fighting and steel moves, both represented by Kaid's creativity. Given the choice between Lucario and any 4th' and even against Deoxy's and Blaziken, I would vote lucario.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
2nd, 3rd and even 4th generation of pokemon have been boring and don't stand out.

what do you think the starters will be?
I hope you can pick from any of the 12 depending on wich region you pick to start from. See I am hoping you can visit any region and get the starter from that region like stated above and that you can catch starters in the wild(finally!)
there is only the 1 region and the starters are a fire monkey, water penguin and grass turtle.

yes but he becomes fire and fighting type and seems like a ripoff of blaziken to me
That is the stupidest thing ever, by your logic Spearow is a pidgey rip off, two pokemon can have the same elements and be completley different. Gokuzaru is a kick arse fire MONKEY and Blaizken is an ugly fire crotch chicken, they are NOTHING alike.

Screw the religious crazys, I gave up my faith because of stupid people who get offended by things like this and some other personal reasons. No one would get offended by an Aura bomb except maybe those idiots that protest at funeral's soldiers but that is it none others.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
no it is not like saying spearow is a pidgey rip off, they came out at the same time. also normal/flying is a common type combo unlike fire/fighting, blaziken was the first
So are you saying that 2 pokemon can not share the same type combination with out being a rip off of each other, that is just stupid, Gokuzaru is NOTHING like Blaizken, he's better designed, he's faster, he's based of a cooler animal and he is cooler.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
he is also weaker and ugly, his animal base may be cooler but he is not. also flying/normal is a very common type combo given to many pokemon, fire/fighting, as previously stated, is not. Blaziken is the first and having no others in his gen and goukzaru being the second in a generation later is therfore a ripoff

updated moves for lucario
Known Moves:
— Dark Pulse 80 100 15 20 --May cause foe to flinch
— Quick Attack 40 100 30 --An extremely fast attack that always strikes first.
— Foresight -- -- 40 --Negates the foe's efforts to heighten evasiveness.
— Detect -- -- 5 --Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
— Metal Claw 50 95 35 10 A claw attack that may raise the user's ATTACK.
6 Counter ?? 100 20 -- Retaliates any physical hit with double the power.
11 Force Exert 60 100 10 30 --May induce paralysis
15 Anticipate 50 100 10 --Strikes first with foe's attack at 1.5 power
19 Bone Rush 25 80 10 Strikes the foe with a bone in hand 2 to 5 times.
24 Metal Sound -- 85 40 -- Emits a horrible screech that sharply lowers SP. DEF.
29 Feint -- -- 20 --Only works when foe uses Protect or Detect
33 Swords Dance -- -- 30 -- A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.
37 Pulse Bomb 90 -- 20 --Cannot miss
42 In Fight 120 100 5 --Lowers user's DEFENSE and SP.DEF
47 Dragon Pulse 90 100 10 --No Added Affect
51 Extremespeed 80 100 5 -- An extremely fast and powerful attack.

TM & HM Attacks
TM/HM # Attack Name Type Cat. Att. Acc. PP Effect %
TM01 Focus Punch 150 100 20 -- A powerful loyalty attack. The user flinches if hit.
TM03 Water Pulse 60 100 20 20 Attacks with ultrasonic waves. May confuse the foe
TM04 Calm Mind -- -- 20 -- Raises SP. ATK and SP. DEF by focusing the mind.
TM05 Roar -- 100 20 -- Makes the foe flee to end the battle.
TM06 Toxic -- 85 10 -- Poisons the foe with an intensifying toxin.
TM08 Bulk Up -- -- 20 -- Bulks up the body to boost both ATTACK and DEFENSE.
TM10 Hidden Power ?? 100 15 -- The effectiveness varies with the user.
TM11 Sunny Day -- -- 5 -- Boosts the power of FIRE- type moves for 5 turns.
TM15 Hyper Beam 150 90 5 -- Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn.
TM17 Protect -- -- 10 -- Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
TM18 Rain Dance -- -- 5 -- Boosts the power of WATER- type moves for 5 turns.
TM21 Frustration ?? 100 20 -- An attack that is stronger if the TRAINER is disliked.
TM23 Iron Tail 100 75 15 30 Attacks with a rock-hard tail. May lower DEFENSE.
TM26 Earthquake 100 100 10 -- A powerful quake, but has no effect on flying foes.
TM27 Return ?? 100 20 -- An attack that increases in power with friendship.
TM28 Dig 80 100 10 -- Digs underground the first turn and strikes next turn.
TM29 Psychic 90 100 10 10 A powerful psychic attack that may lower SP. DEF.
TM30 Shadow Ball 80 100 15 20 Hurls a black blob that may lower the foe's SP. DEF.
TM31 Brick Break 75 100 15 -- Destroys barriers such as REFLECT and causes damage.
TM32 Double Team -- -- 15 -- Creates illusory copies to raise evasiveness.
TM39 Rock Tomb 50 80 10 100 Stops the foe from moving with rocks and cuts SPEED.
TM42 Facade 70 100 20 -- Boosts ATTACK when burned, paralyzed, or poisoned.
TM43 Secret Power 70 100 20 30 An attack with effects that vary by location.
TM44 Rest -- -- 10 -- The user sleeps for 2 turns, restoring HP and status.
TM45 Attract -- 100 15 -- Makes the opposite gender less likely to attack.
TM52 Focus Bomb 120 70 5 10 --May lower foe's SP.DEF one stage
TM56 Hurl ?? 100 10 --Hurls out held item, power depends on hold item
TM58 Endure -- -- 10 -- Endures any attack for 1 turn, leaving at least 1HP.
TM59 Dragon Pulse 90 100 10 --No Added Affect
TM60 Drain Punch 60 100 5 --Recovers half the damage inflicted
TM65 Shadow Claw 70 100 15 --High critical hit ratio
TM66 Quick Revenge 50 100 10 --Power doubles if user takes damage first
TM68 Giga Attack 150 90 5 --User cannot attack next turn
TM71 Stone Edge 100 80 5 --High critical hit ratio
TM75 Swords Dance -- -- 30 -- A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.
TM78 Entice -- 100 20 --Lowers opposite genders SP.DEF two stages
TM79 Dark Pulse 80 100 15 20 --May cause foe to flinch
TM80 Rock Slide 75 90 10 30Large boulders are hurled. May cause flinching.
TM82 Sleep Talk -- -- 10 -- Uses an own move randomly while asleep.
TM83 Nature Blessing ?? 100 15 --Power depends on held berry
TM84 Poison Stap 80 100 20 30 --May poison foe
TM87 Swagger -- 90 15 --Confuses the foe, but also sharply raises ATTACK.
TM90 Substitute -- -- 10 -- Creates a decoy using 1/4 of the user's maximum HP.
TM91 Luster Cannon 80 100 10 10 -- May lower foe's SP.ATT one stage
HM04 Strength 80 100 15 -- Builds enormous power, then slams the foe.
HM06 Rock Smash 40 100 15 50 A rock-crushing attack that may lower DEFENSE.
HM08 Rock Climb 90 85 20 20 --May induce confusion

Black/Light

Smash Master
That is the stupidest thing ever, by your logic Spearow is a pidgey rip off, two pokemon can have the same elements and be completley different. Gokuzaru is a kick arse fire MONKEY and Blaizken is an ugly fire crotch chicken, they are NOTHING alike.
Spearow isn't a pidgey rip cause they came out in the same time and thats a common type mix. BUT if you went to pokemon forums you would here things like "Thats the new Meowth and thats the new pidgey pokemon of so-and-so gen" because they are directly taking as the same kind of pokemon. Like ever gen has a small bird pokemon that you can get in the begining that evols like pidgey and a cat pokemon that evols once like Meowth.

But this is something that hasn't before happened with the starters. Every fire starter has been different untill now. Blaze was the first and only fire/ fighting type pokemon and they reused that typeing for this one (Which is even worse because of Blaze having better stats AND the fact that it is one of the only 3 new fire pokemon). I mean saying that he isn't at all a Blaze rip is like saying the squirrel with yellow cheeks isn't a Pika rip. . . yeah, their different animals but look at them.

Yeah, Blaze and Monkey are different. Blaze is a coo fire fighting C-ck and the Monkey is a coo fire fighting monkey but he was a rip. Look at their stats! The monkey's stats are pretty much made to be revursed Blaze stats. High speed to Blaze's low speed/ 2-3 more D/SP.D points/ low hp to Blaze's high HP/ low attack/ SP.A to Blaze's high attack/ SP.A. Hell, I am going to guess right now that the monkey uses punchs to Blaze's kicks. They didn't even give him a sig attack. . . just sliped in Blaze kick and flame wheel (the 3rd and 2nd gen fire starter's sigs). . . We thought Flare drive was his sig but they gave to to Blaze too.
Not hate-n on the monkey, just saying that he is a rip of Blaze.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The moneky is a ripoff of the chicken. There is no way around it. Why would you give one fire starter an unique type and after seeing it did well give the next gen fire starter the same combo. There are so many combos out there. If one of those had to get in I would hand it to the chicken even though I say he would be a Captain Falcon ripoff. Lets face it, Falcon already uses his legs and fire to fight.

Lets try a pokemon with a new type or combo that isn't like the other characters. So the game would have more diversity. Steel, Rock,Flying (wind based), Grass, Poison, Ground, Water, and Bug are still up for grabs while offering unique play. I think Dark uses too many feral physical based moves that Bowser already uses. And ghost just seems kinda wrong, maybe because Mewtwo already has shadow ball. I can't really defend that point. And ice is already an Ice Climber trait. I know specials can overlap but since there are 17 pokemon types, why not be original?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lets face it, Falcon already uses his legs and fire to fight.
Does CF use his legs like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3NLq372MYA
Or the dreads guy in this movie clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=ta2fv0BcR-4
I think not. Blaze's moves would most likely have a good 90%-95% leg action and I see the Capoeira style as being a good mach for her (Theres rumors that the name of the style comes from the name of slaves who had to sell chickens in a basket well holding them on the top of their heads. . . it's a rumor because no one really knows where the name came from).

Just wanted to toss that out there because IMHO you would have to be lacking in creativity to think she would be a CF clone. . .

Pyr0

Smash Ace
the monkey was given thas type combo because everybody liked it with blaziken, but some complaint he was to slow to pull it off against psy pokemon

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Does CF use his legs like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3NLq372MYA
Or the dreads guy in this movie clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=ta2fv0BcR-4
I think not. Blaze's moves would most likely have a good 90%-95% leg action and I see the Capoeira style as being a good mach for her (Theres rumors that the name of the style comes from the name of slaves who had to sell chickens in a basket well holding them on the top of their heads. . . it's a rumor because no one really knows where the name came from).

Just wanted to toss that out there because IMHO you would have to be lacking in creativity to think she would be a CF clone. . .

Wow. That is a rad style. I still don't like the fact that Blaziken would also use fire in physical moves, but with A moves like those scene in the video the chicken could be an awesome looking fighter.

But I think Blaziken would need a better graphical design. Looks to simplistic in my opinion.

justice

Smash Ace

Movie Download (Japaneese w/ Subtitles): (BitTorrent File)
Tribute Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKfGSfQaKcE&search=pokemon movie
American Dub preview #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQILRLIxgxc&mode=related&search=

Lucario
Jumping: *****
Weight: ***
Speed: ***
Traction: **** (no wavedashes for him)

B: Pulse Bomb. Chargable, but NOT storable... a ranged Flare Blade, essentially.

^:Hi Jump Kick. An aimable flying knee-kick that covers as much distance as G&W's recovery. Unless sweetspotted, Lucario takes 3-5% on landing. Think the Pokeball Hitmonlee from Smash 64.

>B: Feint. Low damage, and almost no knockback, but like grabs, it completely ignores shielding or counters. Usable as a combo starter. (punishes shield-campers, like Peach punishes CrouchCancelers)

vB: Inner Focus. While held, all attacks on Lucario are treated like phantom hits. (no knockback, 50% damage) Activation and lag time are comparable to Fox's reflector, and like Reflector, remains active for as long as it is held)

Nair: Doublekick
Uair: A foward flipkick
Fair: A "Hado"-charged downward hit, like Gannondorf or Doctor Mario.
Bair: A backhand, with a sweetspot on his pawspike
Dair: drill kick

Usmash: Lucario forms a Ki ball over his head for a few moments. (Goku spirit-bomb position)
Fsmash: rolling cresent kicks, similar to fox/falco
Dsmash: Two energy balls, launched at the ground on either side of him.

Dash attack: Bone Rush. A high damage multihit rush, like M2 w/ item.

A: a lunging jab, into a multi-hit combo.
ftilt: A rising cresent kick, similar to Shiek's
utilt: An upward claw swipe
dtilt: Low Kick

Grab a: Slash
Upthrow: Lucario bench presses the opponent, and throws them straight up. Short range.
Downthrow: Seismic Toss
Fthrow: Similar to Mewtwo or Fox, throws, then charges a single ki blast and fires it.
Backthrow: A backward toss, like Marths Very low trajectory (think Bowser's Klaw backthrow)

Taunt: "Hado-awari-ne-addy!" (Japaneese for "the wave is in me", which is his catchphrase from the movie.)

Wining pose 1: Stands right in front of the camera, closes his eyes and creates a small blue aura around him.
Wining pose 2: Charges up a wave engergy ball as big as Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.
Wining pose 3: Makes a rolling kick to the right, makes a rolling kick to the left(wich causes him to face you with his back) then turns around making a slash wich causes him to end like Bowser does in his winning pose with the 2 Koopa Claws.

Kirby Hat: Both sets of ears,

Alternate costume 1: Changes the blue into Lightred
Alternate costume 2: Changes the blue into Lightgreen
Alternate costume 3: Changes the blue into Lightbrown
Alternate costume 4: Changes the blue into Lightpurple

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. this poll of smashboards-goers for "Which pokemon for Brawl?"

Well, if he isn't YET...

DS case
Plastic Figure
Plushie
Beach towel
Keychain
Notepad and stickers
Wrist strap.

...he's certantly getting the full treatment....

Poster provided info:

Lucario's Preevolution, Rioru:

Known Moves:
Known Moves:
— Dark Pulse 80 100 15 20 --May cause foe to flinch
— Quick Attack 40 100 30 --An extremely fast attack that always strikes first.
— Foresight -- -- 40 --Negates the foe's efforts to heighten evasiveness.
— Detect -- -- 5 --Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
— Metal Claw 50 95 35 10 A claw attack that may raise the user's ATTACK.
6 Counter ?? 100 20 -- Retaliates any physical hit with double the power.
11 Force Exert 60 100 10 30 --May induce paralysis
15 Anticipate 50 100 10 --Strikes first with foe's attack at 1.5 power
19 Bone Rush 25 80 10 Strikes the foe with a bone in hand 2 to 5 times.
24 Metal Sound -- 85 40 -- Emits a horrible screech that sharply lowers SP. DEF.
29 Feint -- -- 20 --Only works when foe uses Protect or Detect
33 Swords Dance -- -- 30 -- A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.
37 Pulse Bomb 90 -- 20 --Cannot miss
42 In Fight 120 100 5 --Lowers user's DEFENSE and SP.DEF
47 Dragon Pulse 90 100 10 --No Added Affect
51 Extremespeed 80 100 5 -- An extremely fast and powerful attack.

TM & HM Attacks
TM/HM # Attack Name Type Cat. Att. Acc. PP Effect %
TM01 Focus Punch 150 100 20 -- A powerful loyalty attack. The user flinches if hit.
TM03 Water Pulse 60 100 20 20 Attacks with ultrasonic waves. May confuse the foe
TM04 Calm Mind -- -- 20 -- Raises SP. ATK and SP. DEF by focusing the mind.
TM05 Roar -- 100 20 -- Makes the foe flee to end the battle.
TM06 Toxic -- 85 10 -- Poisons the foe with an intensifying toxin.
TM08 Bulk Up -- -- 20 -- Bulks up the body to boost both ATTACK and DEFENSE.
TM10 Hidden Power ?? 100 15 -- The effectiveness varies with the user.
TM11 Sunny Day -- -- 5 -- Boosts the power of FIRE- type moves for 5 turns.
TM15 Hyper Beam 150 90 5 -- Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn.
TM17 Protect -- -- 10 -- Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
TM18 Rain Dance -- -- 5 -- Boosts the power of WATER- type moves for 5 turns.
TM21 Frustration ?? 100 20 -- An attack that is stronger if the TRAINER is disliked.
TM23 Iron Tail 100 75 15 30 Attacks with a rock-hard tail. May lower DEFENSE.
TM26 Earthquake 100 100 10 -- A powerful quake, but has no effect on flying foes.
TM27 Return ?? 100 20 -- An attack that increases in power with friendship.
TM28 Dig 80 100 10 -- Digs underground the first turn and strikes next turn.
TM29 Psychic 90 100 10 10 A powerful psychic attack that may lower SP. DEF.
TM30 Shadow Ball 80 100 15 20 Hurls a black blob that may lower the foe's SP. DEF.
TM31 Brick Break 75 100 15 -- Destroys barriers such as REFLECT and causes damage.
TM32 Double Team -- -- 15 -- Creates illusory copies to raise evasiveness.
TM39 Rock Tomb 50 80 10 100 Stops the foe from moving with rocks and cuts SPEED.
TM42 Facade 70 100 20 -- Boosts ATTACK when burned, paralyzed, or poisoned.
TM43 Secret Power 70 100 20 30 An attack with effects that vary by location.
TM44 Rest -- -- 10 -- The user sleeps for 2 turns, restoring HP and status.
TM45 Attract -- 100 15 -- Makes the opposite gender less likely to attack.
TM52 Focus Bomb 120 70 5 10 --May lower foe's SP.DEF one stage
TM56 Hurl ?? 100 10 --Hurls out held item, power depends on hold item
TM58 Endure -- -- 10 -- Endures any attack for 1 turn, leaving at least 1HP.
TM59 Dragon Pulse 90 100 10 --No Added Affect
TM60 Drain Punch 60 100 5 --Recovers half the damage inflicted
TM65 Shadow Claw 70 100 15 --High critical hit ratio
TM66 Quick Revenge 50 100 10 --Power doubles if user takes damage first
TM68 Giga Attack 150 90 5 --User cannot attack next turn
TM71 Stone Edge 100 80 5 --High critical hit ratio
TM75 Swords Dance -- -- 30 -- A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.
TM78 Entice -- 100 20 --Lowers opposite genders SP.DEF two stages
TM79 Dark Pulse 80 100 15 20 --May cause foe to flinch
TM80 Rock Slide 75 90 10 30Large boulders are hurled. May cause flinching.
TM82 Sleep Talk -- -- 10 -- Uses an own move randomly while asleep.
TM83 Nature Blessing ?? 100 15 --Power depends on held berry
TM84 Poison Stap 80 100 20 30 --May poison foe
TM87 Swagger -- 90 15 --Confuses the foe, but also sharply raises ATTACK.
TM90 Substitute -- -- 10 -- Creates a decoy using 1/4 of the user's maximum HP.
TM91 Luster Cannon 80 100 10 10 -- May lower foe's SP.ATT one stage
HM04 Strength 80 100 15 -- Builds enormous power, then slams the foe.
HM06 Rock Smash 40 100 15 50 A rock-crushing attack that may lower DEFENSE.
HM08 Rock Climb 90 85 20 20 --May induce confusion

Egg Moves
Attack Name Type Cat. Att. Acc. PP Effect %
Cross Chop 100 80 5 -- A double-chopping attack. High critical-hit ratio.
Detect -- -- 5 -- Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
Bite 60 100 25 30Bites with vicious fangs. May cause flinching.
Mind Reader -- -- 5 -- Senses the foe's action to ensure the next move's hit.
Sky Uppercut 85 90 15 -- An uppercut thrown as if leaping into the sky.
Hi Jump Kick 100 90 20 -- A jumping knee kick. If it misses, the user is hurt.
Agility -- -- 30 -- Relaxes the body to sharply boost SPEED.
Move410 40 100 30 --
Crunch 80 100 15 20 Crunches with sharp fangs. May lower SP. DEF.
Low Kick ?? 100 20 -- A kick that inflicts more damage on heavier foes.
Iron Defense -- -- 15 -- Hardens the body's surface to sharply raise DEFENSE.
Blaze Kick 85 90 10 10 A kick with a high critical- hit ratio. May cause a burn.
Move418 40 100 30
Base Stats:
[Rioru] 40 HP, 70 Attack 40 defence 60 speed 35 special attack 40 special defence, FIGHTING type
[Lucario] 70 HP, 110 Attack, 70 Defence, 90 speed, 115 Special attack, 70 special defence, FIGHTING STEEL Types

Source: http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/9135/inbrawllucarioqa8.png
Both youtube links don't work

marthsword

Smash Ace
My pokethread could never stand up to this. Lucario owns, and I can see this was well thought out, you are a good poster, and you know what you're talking about. + rep.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can see him holding his own against anybody.

"This games winner is: Lucario!"

Yeah, I can picture dis very clearly in my dreams son!

kaid

Smash Master
Both youtube links don't work
Apparently Youtube doesn't like anime. I'll remove the broken links.

And for the record, you can actually BUY those towels online, at Pokemoncenter.com. I just ripped the pic of the "View product" for ALL of those.

kaid

Smash Master
...I was just updating the first post, when I realized it's lacking a summary of who Lucario ACTUALLY is! For shame! I shall commit Sepuku for such an error!

lol.

But seriously, If someone wants to put one together, I'll quote you into the first post.

Pictures welcome. I can always pull out some of the bouncy lucario bullet-points to make room.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Lucario was one of the first introduced 4th generation pokemon. It became a very popular pokemon after its introduction even though information about it was scarce. Later on, it starred in the 9th pokemon movie: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, increasing its popularity even further. In this movie the Lucario knew how to speak, making it the 5th non legendary pokemon able to speak. People assumed Lucario was a legendary pokemon after seeing the movie because of Lucario's exceptional abilities and relationship with Mew, but later on when the 4th generation pokedex was released, it was revealed that Lucario was in fact non legendary.
In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the highest ranking available is the Lucario Rank, which is the only 4th generation pokemon feature in the game. Lucario seems to be a fox based pokemon but it also looks similar to the egyptian god, Anubis and its name similaroty with the egyptian city: Cairo may prove that it is based on Anubis. Lucario was revealed to have a pre-evolution, a pokemon named Rioru. The only way you will be able to obtain Lucario in Diamond/Pearl is by obtaining an egg of Rioru from an area in the game called Iron Island. Lucario is a Steel/Fighting type, a unique type to Lucario and its pre-evolution and this type would be reasonable for a fighting game such as SSBB. Lucario is classified as a Pulse type pokemon, and its classification matches its fighting style, making Lucario know every Pulse type move. even Dragon Pulse which is nearly unique to only dragon and quasi dragon types. Lucario also has a very big interesting moveset that could help Lucario have a fun moveset if it is in SSBB, Lucario knows moves such as Extreme Speed, Bone Rush, Pulse Bomb and Blaze Kick. The amount of pokemon that can use those moves is extremely limited, especially Bone Rush which was previously unique to Marowak and Cubone.
In D/P, the 3rd gym leader and the elite 4 champion will use Lucario as part of their team.
So as you can see, Lucario already is one of the most significant popular pokemon, and the game that it stars in hasnt even been released yet.

hows that? you can add onto it and edit it all you like

kaid

Smash Master
Lucario appears to be a fox based pokemon but it also physically resembles the egyptian god, Anubis, and its name similarity with the egyptian city, Cairo. Lucario was one of the first introduced 4th generation pokemon, right after Munchlax. It became a very popular pokemon after its introduction even though information about it was scarce. Later on, it starred in the 9th pokemon movie: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, increasing its popularity even further. In this movie the Lucario was able to comunicate as if by telepathy, making it the 5th non legendary pokemon able to speak. People assumed Lucario was a legendary pokemon after seeing the movie because of Lucario's exceptional abilities and relationship with Mew, but when the 4th generation pokedex was released, it was revealed that Lucario was in fact non-legendary.

Lucario was revealed to have a pre-evolution, a pokemon named Rioru. The only way you will be able to obtain Lucario in Diamond/Pearl is by obtaining an egg of Rioru from an area in the game called Iron Island, from a trainer who resembles Auron from the movie. Lucario is a Steel/Fighting type, a unique type combination to Lucario, and these types, along with his energy moves, would be reasonable for a fighting game such as SSBB.

Lucario is classified as a Pulse type pokemon, and its classification matches its fighting style, as Lucario can learn every single move with Pulse in the name, however rare or powerful, from Dragon pulse and Dark pulse to Pulse Bomb and Water Pulse. In addition, Lucario also has a number of other rare moves that could help him have a fun moveset in SSBB: Extreme Speed, Bone Rush, Anticipate, High-Jump Kick, Blaze Kick and more.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the highest ranking available is the Lucario Rank, which is the only 4th generation pokemon feature in the game. In D/P, the 3rd gym leader and the elite 4 champion will use Lucario as part of their team.

So as you can see, Lucario already is one of the most significantly popular pokemon, and the game that he highlights in hasn't even been released to western shores yet. Given openings for pokemon in Brawl, Lucario is by far the best choice.
Tweaked. Now I need 3 pictures to go in it.

Top Bottom