• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Playstyle Thread: Clean-up! Clean-up! (editing some of the sections)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Everyone's Chilln with Cario!!!!
*Fixed.

Oh and Welcome to the Lucario Boards Nick phizz!!

So we are a dying thread. Its official, don't deny it.
Um.... few things.

1. We don't like flaming of any kind. Most people here know that, so it rarely happens, but when it does, bad things happen to that person.

2. Most of us chill in the IRC
>>> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183017 <<< info's
WARNING, the IRC doesn't follow SWF rules, so things that happen in there are questionable to some.

3. We're awesome, that too is offical.

K, so enjoy yourself and what not.
-t2

Oh and Good Stuff Phil.
Boswer's a fun one, get on it!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You don't think fighting every other character is easy with Cario? Aww, disappointing. You guys are all supposed to be like: &quot;Yea!!!&quot;
If you're Azen, then yes.Actually, one of the advantages of lucario is that he doesn't have extremely bad matchups (except against MK, but everyone has issus with him).

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Azen is the best Lucario player and one of the top smashers overall.
Lucario's worst matchup is DDD, but G&W, MK, Snake, and Marth are all tough, IMO.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Azen is the best Lucario player and one of the top smashers overall.

lucario's worst matchup is DDD, but G&W, MK, Snake, and Marth are all tough, IMO.
Fixed. Yes, D3 is tough, but I find him not too bad (but then again, I have like 3 DDDs in my area, not many snakes, and the only MKs (besides Ch0ke) are ones that use him as a secondary. Like I said tho, lots of marths and DDDs.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I play a little online, but it's a very inaccurate way to measure skill. We could exchange; or, we can have Phil + one other person exchange codes so we can do some teamsies.

By the way, everyone should add me as a friend on AllIsBrawl if you have an account there. My name remains intact X^)

Browny

Smash Hater
people on swf have a need to make excuses every time they lose. by saying that wifi doesnt measure skill before playing a match, that way if they lose they can blame the lag, that only affects them since lag is dependant on % and stock standing in matches. unless of course they are winning, in which case lag still only affects them

btw im not having a go at people who get affected by lag... i know it greatly affects games. its the ones that whinge about lag before any matches take place that annoy me :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I play a little online, but it's a very inaccurate way to measure skill. We could exchange; or, we can have Phil + one other person exchange codes so we can do some teamsies.

By the way, everyone should add me as a friend on AllIsBrawl if you have an account there. My name remains intact X^)
I'd have to do it at ur house, cuz my wii is going somewhere else for a good cause for awhile. Yes, online is horrible, but
A. At least it's free.
B. It's not as bad as CPU (I should know, most of my time I've had to go over spacing with CPUs since its one of the minute options you can do to improve on when fighting CPUs, and now I almost always hit with the very tips of moves when I want them to, and when I don't, I don't. It's still crap to play against CPUs.
Practice tier:
Top tier:
Practice with a smash sensai (aka Azen for us)
High tier:
offline play
mid tier:
online play with friend
low tier:
online play with anyone
bottom tier:
playing with CPU's offline
fail tier:
playing with CPU's online (why!?!)

don't argue, stand in awe of the collected info, and go by the mandate that this is the way things work. Har har, god figure speaking is fun.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
*little red Flags*

Ok now. Lets not be hate'n.

Nick, you asked for help. You got answers. And now you start mouthing off.

When you get an answer, more so from someone that knows what they are talking about, you don't go back and tell them "YOUR WRONG", when you yourself and your biases have little idea what your talking about.

Sure your wifi might be perfect with your friend. That doesn't mean it will be good else where.

SWF says ZOMG OFFLINE ONLY.
We the Lucario board say, online is ok, but try to get it without lag.
-t2

*edit
Oh and if you want someone to brawl online. Go to the IRC, theres always someone able (like myself)
to brawl.

nick_phizz

Smash Cadet
That post was unreadable to me, who is part of a forum where even someone's parents can understand a post, unlike here. So replying to sarcasm makes me a noob, completely understandable.

My connection might not be perfect everywhere else, but with that attitude that your past experiences mean I'll have the same encounters elsewhere, no wonder you guys say online sucks. F-wording try it. By the way, I've tried to go to the IRC, but it didn't work.

And apparently, the only people who have any kind of experience (that are here) are the ones with numerous posts, like you. To people who are actually good at the game, but don't participate in tournaments where 1000 people enter and only 6 have played the game before, having no knowledge of what 'online skill' is [is] completely logical. The same way how you worship people like Azen, just because he can't beat a certain character, it doesn't mean that nobody can. I hope you can even read this post - it's all in correct grammar...

Lycan_Rawr

Smash Cadet
That post was unreadable to me, who is part of a forum where even someone's parents can understand a post, unlike here. So replying to sarcasm makes me a noob, completely understandable.

My connection might not be perfect everywhere else, but with that attitude that your past experiences mean I'll have the same encounters elsewhere, no wonder you guys say online sucks. F-wording try it. By the way, I've tried to go to the IRC, but it didn't work.

And apparently, the only people who have any kind of experience (that are here) are the ones with numerous posts, like you. To people who are actually good at the game, but don't participate in tournaments where 1000 people enter and only 6 have played the game before, having no knowledge of what 'online skill' is [is] completely logical. The same way how you worship people like Azen, just because he can't beat a certain character, it doesn't mean that nobody can. I hope you can even read this post - it's all in correct grammar...
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm not exactly certain why you seem to have taken such offence, (or why you hold the rules of grammar in such high regard, considering I could read the previous posts just fine) but please try to be more civil. No one is saying that online is crap. It is, however, not the most accurate measure of skill, you can't honestly compare it to offline play. This is coming from me, I live in Australia, it's the only thing I've got.

Please dun get offended at me either, I'm trying to be nice, we're all really nice people, but treating us with some respect would be appreciated.

<3 Lycan

PS: I believe my grammar is just fine as well, so I hope you're able to read it. Cheers!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Sigh....

Again, your assuming things.

"Oh and if you want someone to brawl online. Go to the IRC, theres always someone able (like myself) to brawl."

Here, Im telling you, We play online. We talk to each other, to play online. We've been there, done that. And we're inviting you to play online with us.

Plus we chill and have fun.

Now, its your turn. Join the game, or sit and whine?
-t2

*edit
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183017 < everything you need to know about the IRC and how to log on.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
(DP)
Oh and Phil, Im sorry for derailing this thread.

Go post some stuff on whatever character your working on.
Boswer I think.
-t2

nick_phizz

Smash Cadet
Ah the classic "you're assuming things " line. Heard it all before. I tried being civilized here, and I'm tired of seeing the same bull-s replies from people. All I want to do is have fun, but the vibe I get is "It's all about winning, not having fun," then the obsession of making everything into a 'tier list'... And the reason grammar is so important... well:

someone on the last page... said:
by saying that wifi doesnt measure skill before playing a match, that way if they lose they can blame the lag, that only affects them since lag is dependant on % and stock standing in matches.
By saying WiFi doesn't measure skill before playing a match, they can blame the lag if they lose, but it only affects them since the lag is dependent (spelled right) on % (how is it dependent on that?) and stock standings in matches.

See the difference?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Nick.

Look past my Number of Posts, hell, don't even look at anyone's number of posts. Post number means absolutely nothing.

How is bashing people and calling people out, civilized?
No one brought up tier lists, no one brought up "Just for winning". No one. All we said is, Online wifi isn't the best way to judge skill.

Thats all.

(From Lycan)

"All posts made have been perfectly legible, you seem to have chosen to disregard them solely because of a couple of punctuation omissions and spelling errors. That's rude, and I really can't respect that. I would suggest a bit more tolerance and respect from you in the future please. Dun think that just because you have good grammar/spelling, that your opinion is worth more than others.

<3 Lycan"
(Aka, No Grammar Nazi plz)

You came here to get help. You asked, We answered. You exploded.
If this is truly how you are going to act in the future, We do not want you here, regardless if you play lucario or not.

Now, this thread isn't to be a crossfire zone.
This bickering is pointless and a waste of space and time.

If it gets closed from this argument, Phil will be very sad.
Dun be sad Phil. Im done.
-t2

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Ah the classic "you're assuming things " line. Heard it all before. I tried being civilized here, and I'm tired of seeing the same bull-s replies from people. All I want to do is have fun, but the vibe I get is "It's all about winning, not having fun," then the obsession of making everything into a 'tier list'... And the reason grammar is so important... well:

By saying WiFi doesn't measure skill before playing a match, they can blame the lag if they lose, but it only affects them since the lag is dependent (spelled right) on % (how is it dependent on that?) and stock standings in matches.

See the difference?

whoa whoa wait bud... cool down. and if you're somehow offended learn to chill.

The same way how you worship people like Azen, just because he can't beat a certain character, it doesn't mean that nobody can.
who said that azen couldn't beat a certain character?

To people who are actually good at the game, but don't participate in tournaments where 1000 people enter and only 6 have played the game before, having no knowledge of what 'online skill' is
1. with the delay in online play you have to defend yourself BEFORE the enemy attacks just to power shield. its like giving suggestions to your char instead of commands. this is in any form of lag (cept blue of course)

2. please name 1 SWF tourny that you have been to. friendly or a actual tourney.

Nick... you are unbelievable.

GTFO out of these boards and find a new character. You're not chill enough to main Lucario.
he reminds me of some of the sonic mains (>_<)

wait.......mabye those sonic mains are worse IDK

This bickering is pointless and a waste of space and time.
-t2
And money in some cases lol

So you see some list and believe it? Idiot.
Im happy you think that way, but try not to be a complete asshole about it.

and also take note that there will ALWAYS be someone that knows something that you don't know about smash. by the time you probably learn about absolutely everything about smash we (or I) wont be playing brawl anymore.

then the obsession of making everything into a 'tier list'
this i dont understand either...matchup threads are so much better why don't we just discuss the machups and let the ppl decide which char they want...we would progress much further that way...but nooooooooooooooo.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace

See the difference?
I really wanted to defend you, and then reviewed your posts and saw how totally impossible you were being. You wanted to play online and people offered to give you a way to find people, only to have you shoot them down by ignoring it.

You also derailed this threads initial purpose... We may not be on par with your spelling and grammer prowess, but you clearly didn't learn how to use a forum. So, if you want to challenge others, please take your posts to a different thread as it clutters this one with your childish posts that, to me, seem an attempt to validate yourself by trying to attack people for their sentence structure(no one cares that much). Only people who are looking for reasons to pick fights comment on peoples grammer. You can read the posts well enough to comment on them, so spare everyone your little comments on the one thing they spelled wrong in a paragragh. They are trying to help you, not trying to learn how to spell from you. Maybe next time before you ask for anything, you should make sure that you can handle the advice/ answer and not pitch a fit for whatever reason, senselessly bashing everyone that posts from that point on. Lag CAN be a problem, sometimes it is so bad you cant really even play, and others it is nearly perfect that doesn't matter, not on this thread, so drop it.

About the wolf matchup, are we just starting or were their post before the nonsense started because I do need help fighting him. I didnt see them if they were there, but maybe I didn't go far back enough. I need help here. because of his laser screwing up my defensive play if I'm not careful...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Those who can have an intelligent discussion, discuss. Those who can't, leave smashboards.
~Paraphrased from Yuna, wish I could find the actual thing.
Back onto discussion! I was actually defending online play, if anything, saying that it was at least free (no service payment), and it's better than fighting cpus (again, praise to almighity Onlinah!)

Back to stuff:

About the wolf matchup, are we just starting or were their post before the nonsense started because I do need help fighting him. I didnt see them if they were there, but maybe I didn't go far back enough. I need help here. because of his laser screwing up my defensive play if I'm not careful...
About posting:
The beauty about a somewhat "unofficial thread" is its flexibility. You can post about a really old matchup, and if it has validity, it will be posted up. The wolf discussion, while done, can still be added to.

Lazer huh? Like I said in the post, if you have to, get more aerial, and mess up his "synching" (where he jumps to match urs and fire) by FF your Short hop, and at other times, let it fall naturally. Since it's somewhat slow, you could use RDT to close distance (just don't do it within his SH/fsmash distance), to get up close to where he will reconsider firing another lazer. More soon, have to go fuel the cerebral cortex and digestive tract.

nick_phizz

Smash Cadet
Wow. I'm laughing and you guys are that mad.

I came in here for the Wolf thing to see if you guys played similar, but it hasn't come up yet. All I can say is that it really depends on how the other person uses him. Example plz?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wow. I'm laughing and you guys are that mad.

I came in here for the Wolf thing to see if you guys played similar, but it hasn't come up yet. All I can say is that it really depends on how the other person uses him. Example plz?
Oh, this isn't exactly the official "matchup thread". This is just my thoughts/perceptions on him (and I've been trying to get "discussion" on the characters, but getting fun loving lucario mains to do anything labeled "metagame development" is like trying to give a cat a bath in a toilet (lol jk).
I had trouble with seeing good typical wolf play against the mentioned "playstyles", but I finally got to play a somewhat decent wolf myself near my area, and I got to see a bit of how to play the cards right. So far, a majority of this thread is just pure, meticulate observation (from your favorite anthropomorphic aura scientist!), combined with my own experience with the matchups. I've been wanting to get legitimate information from other players who have experience as well (since I play a little too defensively to be considered a "typical" lucario metagame style (not saying I'm special, just saying that my own personal experience gets muddled from this hurdle)), so like I said, intelligent discussion welcome. Like I said, I might not be entirely accurate, but with holes in my perceptions patched up by some other opinions, combined with my personal experience, and careful analysis of videos, I think that this has become decent, quick advice to those who especially need to get ready for a certain matchup, (ie. someone who has only a day to keep to quickly look up tough or unexplored matchup areas).
You know, that reminds me, I need to add stage discussion after about halfway into character matchups.
tl;dr version: This is like Lucario sparknotes, as much as I detest the site. The goal is to make a quick makeshift guide that is enough to get good information, but not so condensed as to memorize every single attack vs. attack match or something like that. Flame, and you might find me standing over your sleeping body conducting "experiments" on you. On the converse, if you help, you'll find this thread grateful for your input. Remember the two things that run this thread: Aura, and SCIENCE!

Any questions?

nick_phizz

Smash Cadet
Since Cario basically has the largest attack range, I fight Wolf from sort of a distance. I really use Cario much more differently than every other person I use, like Ganon or Yoshi, who I actually use more. I can't exactly explain how I play, so I tell people to meet me online. I learn how you think, and basically make you run into my attacks, if you will.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
^^^
another stupid off topic interruption from me...

nick your sig... If you want to look intelligent i suggest you get rid of the list. =0

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Guys, Stop beating on Nick. Its Christmas.

Anywho, wolf is no fun. Lemme rephrase that... Wolves who spam that forsaken laser and f-smash are no fun.

Its just pew pew pew, f-smash, (run away), pew pew pew.
sigh... its too annoying.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Guys, Stop beating on Nick. Its Christmas.

Anywho, wolf is no fun. Lemme rephrase that... Wolves who spam that forsaken laser and f-smash are no fun.

Its just pew pew pew, f-smash, (run away), pew pew pew.
sigh... its too annoying.
-t2
That and bair, it comes out so fast, is good in range, and can be practically done in twos. It's too nasty. Luckily his kill moves are pretty limited (at least in ones that will safely work on us).

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
That and bair, it comes out so fast, is good in range, and can be practically done in twos. It's too nasty. Luckily his kill moves are pretty limited (at least in ones that will safely work on us).
The wolf I play is a bit more creative. He will laser me, then run in and nair through me(my shield that is), land and dsmash, laser some more and end it with fsmash if he can hit me(early percents). and repeat it like crazy on me because I like my shield and this just guts it unless I perfect shield well. If I pefect shield I can sometimes hit with a dsmash, but he will see I perfect shielded and shield and grab or reflector. This makes up 80 percent of his offense. The other 20 is mostly some bairs and reflector. Annoying :(

meant to quote tedward... sorry

nick_phizz

Smash Cadet
I refuse to change my sig... people can argue all they want but they always lose on that topic.

So what's with these Wolves yall fight? They sound like absolute idiots who can't even play the game. Ones I play have actually developed strategies.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Since Cario basically has the largest attack range, I fight Wolf from sort of a distance. I really use Cario much more differently than every other person I use, like Ganon or Yoshi, who I actually use more. I can't exactly explain how I play, so I tell people to meet me online. I learn how you think, and basically make you run into my attacks, if you will.
So you're saying you have mindgames?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I refuse to change my sig... people can argue all they want but they always lose on that topic.

So what's with these Wolves yall fight? They sound like absolute idiots who can't even play the game. Ones I play have actually developed strategies.
No flaming. I'm not doing this based on player skill, as much as what the actual Wolf metagame looks like, so it has nothing to do with "nub" players (hence why the wolf analysis took so long, as all the videos I saw there was too huge a skill gap between the wolf and Lucario players to discern any typical patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom