• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Playstyle Thread: Clean-up! Clean-up! (editing some of the sections)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMAC

Smash Cadet
your right about it being tough to win trying to play an offensive style. fricking D3 chain grab is ****

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I was quoted O_o. Neat. And yes, the chain grab is a horrible, horrible thing. However, when you happen to hit the pompom with a fully charged aura sphere at high percents, it feels so good... same thing when you aura sphere him when he goes to b-air you as an edgeguard... I've gotten a few kills that way. Not ideal, but again, feels good to reverse a situation like that.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was quoted O_o. Neat. And yes, the chain grab is a horrible, horrible thing. However, when you happen to hit the pompom with a fully charged aura sphere at high percents, it feels so good... same thing when you aura sphere him when he goes to b-air you as an edgeguard... I've gotten a few kills that way. Not ideal, but again, feels good to reverse a situation like that.
Well said. Any1 want a new matchup? What's on ur train-wreck of thought? Just a note, I won't be able to post as often, but when I get good observations, I'll find a way to post it up on here.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
K, I'm double posting, but who srsly wants to call next char? I'm also thinking that after I complete all of the char matches, in the veerrrrry distant future, I might take on the challenge of briefly describing typical behaviors of the matchup char's in terms of offense, balanced, and defense, and compare them, but that won't be for a long while, and I'll need lots of input from u guys for that, so for now, which will be our next char?

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I also think ROB would be a good idea. Ideas to start off: his down smash, his projectiles. Maybe even include a statement that edgeguarding might be a damage tool and not a killing too thanks to how good his recovery is.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Bump:
Sorry I haven't started, I'm kinda unable to get to mah wii, and I'm still analyzing videos of Lucario vs. ROB matchups, and I'm looking at the highlights of ROB's vs. Lucario's moves/metagame.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Good news guys! Since there is a Metagame discussion that stresses on playstyles, why don't u go there and post on playstyle? It might find itself on this board, and it will make everyone a happy camper :bee:.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

Good Work Phil!!

This I've seen a-many times, and perhaps IC should be next.
Just a suggestion.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Sold to the high authority! (oh boy, have to find vids of ICs, as I have nobody who plays them well, except maybe me, but that doesn't count, cause they're not even secondaries).

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Sold to the high authority! (oh boy, have to find vids of ICs, as I have nobody who plays them well, except maybe me, but that doesn't count, cause they're not even secondaries).
Play Hawk online (yes wifi sucks the balls off of MK, wait he has none...o0). His IC's are quite good, and rather annoying.

-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Aww, but my Wi-fi is crap (that's why I haven't been able to do much with the Aura Energy). I've been doing most of my posting at school, actually.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Sarcasm???
Me??
Naw....

Oh and you've been 5'star'd as well.

And jebus, you have been boulder bolding with getting posts. Serious afterburners or something. You've gained like 100 in the past week alone.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wolf sounds good, tho so far I haven't made progress in finding good wolf vs. Lucario vids (then again, I've only tried Jeepy's vids, and the wolf he's against is meh).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Thank you. It's good to know that the matchup stuff is informative and useful. I might have to do "sections", since it's getting a bit cluttered. I'm also going to look into stage discussion with playstyle.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Double Post:
Disclaimer: The Wolf vs. Lucario vids are very hard to interpret. The player skill has belied most of the videos so that it becomes a lopsided match (like bad wolfs who use fsmash to kill, or bad Lucarios who roll spam and get punished). So far, I'm getting a bit of an idea that wolf obviously has to go offensive, but Lucario has good baiting and mind gaming options (and I don't mean that in the generic sense of the word, I mean it in the "baiting, spacing, fake out" kind of the word, not "player skill lolz" word).
Some notes to myself:
-utilt is risky against wolf, like all fast falling/heavier chars, at extremely low %'s, as they can land and punish, and with wolf's case, I've heard he can shine out of repeated ones.
-dtilt seems to be the new utilt, as he falls into another one kind of easily.
-AS sees good play, considering the reflector comes out a bit slow, and only speeds up the projectile, as opposed to giving it tons more damage.
-Don't misstime dair, he will beat the crap out of you if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom