• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mohr

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody. I've recently been moving around the country and have just settled in New Orleans. I haven't played melee with any decent players in a few months so I'm starting to fiend. If there's any tourneys/smashfests in the New Orleans area I'll definitely be checking them out but I wanted to know if anyone wanted to smash it.

I'm melee-only, not very interested in brawl. How should I go about finding melee players in NOLA?

If anyone wants to get at me, message me on these forums or email

Mohrisbetr@gmail.com

-Ran

Smash Master
Brees is back in a dome against the Jets that are missing their two of their better Corner-backs. Expect a crazy passing day for the Saints. Logistically speaking, we have too many pairs of fresh legs that are capable of catching the ball. I wouldn't put it pass the Saints to run a few go routes at the start of the game with secondary receivers to wind the Jet's secondary. If they do this for a lot of the first quarter, then the Jets are going to be too tired to keep up with the fresh legs of the starters.

But yea. Drew Brees + any Dome = Crazy numbers. We're not going to see the Saints slipping during the first quarter like we saw vs the Bills, and we aren't going to see errant throws due to the wind. Saints by 10.

-

Mohr, our front page has the names and locations of most of the Smashers that are of merit in our state. The front page also lists all of our upcoming tournaments. In New Orleans, on Veterans there's a place called Dibbz Lan Center. It's around the Best Buy. This is where people will typically meet up in the New Orleans area to play smash. However, most of the time it's for Brawl. You'd want to look up Pritch and Everpower. There are some more people that play in the Nola area when it comes to Melee, but they don't get on the boards, and they aren't super into it anymore.

Turazrok

Smash Master
There are currently no planned NO melee tourneys', however there is one in laffy . Most of these guys like brawl. Melee oriented are listed in first post.

Mohr

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the response. I didn't want to contact everyone on the first post but I'll start by sending pms to Pritch and Everpower. If anyone else wants melee in NO, just pm me.

Thanks a bunch Ran Iji

D

Deleted member

baton rouge has a higher concentration of melee players. and theres a tournamnet in lafayette in october. mohr, who have you played with. you any good?

and on a side note:

does anyone else think its funny that curlz lives with lee's **** in his mouth?

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the response. I didn't want to contact everyone on the first post but I'll start by sending pms to Pritch and Everpower. If anyone else wants melee in NO, just pm me.

Thanks a bunch Ran Iji
You better come to the laffy tourney on the 24th.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Taylor: Wtf?

Turok: Avatars cannot be above 100 x 100.

Everyone: HOBO + LSU + Ramen Noodles + Coca Cola = Heaven

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
@ Mohr, I still play Melee a lot, I'm just not very mobile. What general area of NO are you in (I.E. East, Gentilly, West Bank, Uptown etc.)? I'm from East.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Speaking of melee, anyone want to hit dibbz up later this afternoon/evening? Someone let me know if you're down, I'm bored.

And I PM'ed you back, mohr.

Mohr

Smash Rookie
How good am I?

I'm a pretty solid melee player but I gotta admit, my tech skill has gotten sloppy in the past few months not playing. Fortunately, I'm a sheik main so I'm still decent if my tech isnt 100%. I'm from Chapel Hill/Raleigh, North Carolina and there's a pretty good concentration of melee players there. Our best are DrPeePee (falco) and LOZR (CF/fox). To throw some names out: I've played against M2K, tope, savage, PB&J, Pakman, Boss, and a few other notable players (and lost to pretty much all the big names). I'm not a top notch player but I should be able to hang with pretty much anyone. More than anything, I just love to play melee and have fun.

I just moved to NOLA and live in Chalmette on the east side. That's hopefully close to you MuraRengan. I definitely plan on attending tourneys but no idea if I can make it to the one on the 16th. How often do you guys have tourneys in the Laffy/BR/NOLA area?

I'm mostly looking for people within 30 minutes of where I live that are about my skill level and just down to play whenevs. Just PM me and I'll give you my cell # or email or something. I already got in contact with Pritch and have talked to Ever Power.

Btw, I was in lexington, KY for awhile after leaving NC and there was like no melee there. All Brawl. I'm so happy to see that New Orleans has some melee and I can always drive an hour for more.

Mohr

Smash Rookie
Dark Hart! You little stalker you. Look at me looking for new smash brody's in LA. I don't think anywhere compares to Chapel Hill but I'm probably going to play some tonight and we'll see what's up. Hope you're doing well man

Curlz

Smash Lord
Mohr, it was fun playing you today. Even though we didn't get many matches in, still. GGs.

To answer some of your questions, we don't have a set schedule on how often we have tournies here. This month is abnormally packed for some reason. With our main TO having problems with venues and such, we've been in a lull for tournaments. Vaughn (DDRMocha) pulled together a melee tournament about 2/3 weeks ago called The Smash Reformation which made everyone want to step up to run tournaments. Melee and Brawl tournaments are run throughout the state. Brawl is the majority but I'm thinking since the reformation that we'll have monthly melee tournaments throughout LA.

If you want to get some good play in with people you could probably stop by Dibbz every friday and saturday after 7 and there will most likely be people there. People normally post on here before they head out, so I reccomend checking here every so often.

-------------------

I had an interesting night tonight. Interesting as in something I'll never forget. There's 3 stories I have to tell everyone about from tonight. It was insane.

If you wanna find out, PM me. xD

Batto, do you mind if I tell them about skinny?

Edit for shoutouts:

Vaughn, Avery, Batto, Pritch, Eric, Mohr <3

Mohr

Smash Rookie
yeah GGs tonight with everyone. I'm so happy to be playing melee again after months without it. I'm definitely down for more games and will be by dibbz again. If anyone lives in East New Orleans (I'm in Chalmette) hit me up if you want to play without driving all the way to dibbz.

GGs everyone though. I want to completely shake off my rust and get back in top form - especially if I end up attending the october tourneys.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Man, I don't care if you tell them about Skinny. I'm thinking about busting his car with a bat, though. I'm not even joking.

eet

Smash Ace
1. Dojo (MK)
2. Razer (Snake)
3. Gnes (Diddy)
4. Jumpman (Wolf)
5. Fogo (DDD)
5. Sethlon (Falco)
7. Lee (Marth, Lucario, MK)
7. Beah?

wolf too good?

either way pretty obvious mk doesnt need a ban.

and i was gonna play some brawl but curlz left.

eet

Smash Ace
people suck at running tournies, im not at all surpised. lol

one of the first tournies i went to like 5 years ago in houma, cyphus ran it, and it went on til like 5 am. u_u

'V'

Smash Lord
people suck at running tournies, im not at all surpised. lol

one of the first tournies i went to like 5 years ago in houma, cyphus ran it, and it went on til like 5 am. u_u
Truth.....

Edit: I guess Eevee avi's are in now?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm just hoping the one at the sea doesn't last until ungodly hours of the morning.

Batto: Just give me a time, I'll bring the knuckles.

Eet: Yeah, my parents didn't wanna keep me out too late, so I had to leave at 12. Sorry.

This weekend was filled with too much drama. -.-

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

Curlz

Smash Lord
With those shoes you could pick up any teenage black chick you wanted and get laid the same day. Just say, "***** I payed $670 for these shoes, now gimme dat poon." Don't know if it works on white chicks though, I'm not sure if they're as materialistic. >_>
Nahh, then she'll be expecting "You can have whatever you like"

But I like the way you think though. ;]

Turazrok

Smash Master
This thread is so weird sometimes...... how did we get on shoes?

No wait, lemme fix it. Curlz is so weird sometimes.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Hey I'm gonna add a poker tournament on Oct 10, how many people would join? 5 dollar buy in, Texas hold em, big blind and small blind

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey I'm gonna add a poker tournament on Oct 10, how many people would join? 5 dollar buy in, Texas hold em, big blind and small blind
I swear when I first read this I thought you said "Poke."

Top Bottom