• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
I'm drunk ad duck and I love all you guys and sorry I missednthe tourney. <3<3 Sudai and lee especially. =)

Holy **** my friend just rolled 3 10s in mario party 5. Who does that ****?????
........lay off the Smirnoff nick...XD love you

RickyB

Smash Cadet
hey guys!!!

sorry I'm late but here goes...

Randall as always GREAT tourney, had lots of fun and we had some amazingly close matches!

Jiovanni is a strait pimp and no one can argue with that. no one

Taylor sorry if i kept you up so late, but you did make out with me at gamewear so we're even

Austin, David, Avery lol good times

Eric and Freddy i ****ing love ya'll

Vaughn has the best room in the world and the most comfortable floor

Lee, Roni, Cyphus = Houma crew = win

Sudai is my dad

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not going unless someone else goes. But I can try to go tomorrow... for how long and when do you think we could play?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not going unless someone else goes. But I can try to go tomorrow... for how long and when do you think we could play?
I might even be able to head back and play a little tonight if I get off work early enough; but it'd be pretty late by the time I got back (like 10-11). And that's if I get off.

But regardless of when i get off, I'm getting back tonight which means I'll be available pretty much all day tomorrow. I'm set to play whenever anybody else is, but I think there's a chance that my parents will make me run some errands for them in the morning. Probably round 6ish-whenever I can play.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Tourney was fun.

I don't remember what I wanted to say after reading like..120 post...bleh.. Someone tell me what's happening in the thread?
Tourney shout outs. I john. Everybody loves everybody. Shy Guy hates Brawl/competitive smash. Trying to get people to go to Dibbz to Smash on Monday before they get smashed on Tuesday.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Tourney was fun.

I don't remember what I wanted to say after reading like..120 post...bleh.. Someone tell me what's happening in the thread?
did ya'll end up going to escafest on friday?

i couldnt go it would have been too dangerous lol i was drunk n tired n the hour drive alone at like 1:00 in the morning may not have been the greatest idea lol

Sudai

Stuff here
did ya'll end up going to escafest on friday?

i couldnt go it would have been too dangerous lol i was drunk n tired n the hour drive alone at like 1:00 in the morning may not have been the greatest idea lol
Nah, we didn't go. Tourney ended at like, 1:30 and we all just went play Melee/Brawl after anyway. lol

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
lol guess ill have to catch ya'll next time, will ya'll be coming to any hobos before Whobo?

also when is LAs next tourney that TX should attend?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol guess ill have to catch ya'll next time, will ya'll be coming to any hobos before Whobo?

also when is LAs next tourney that TX should attend?
my educated guess is Dibbz. You should definatly go to that. It's a realy shame I couldnt fight you at gameware Friday. You missed a great tourny, I got 9th with PT alone, my first ever top 10 ranking, hope it's not my last ^^. I would have had fun if we would have gotten some friendlies in even placed in the same pool or braket.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
good job Bomber! lol 9th wit PT alone? thats awesome!

yeh its a shame i couldnt go :/

so dibbz you say eh hm.....friendlies sha'll be had there! haha

any idea on a date?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
lolwut?

I'm only 17, I still go to school, I get off at 3:18 and get home at 4:18, and Monday Heroes is on lmao
Even though you said you are off ALL week. Just tell your mom you are going to Dibbz, besides I have work monday 6p-10:30p.

I'm on break right now, so if people are DEFINITELY going to Dibbz tonight, they should post here.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
good job Bomber! lol 9th wit PT alone? thats awesome!

yeh its a shame i couldnt go :/

so dibbz you say eh hm.....friendlies sha'll be had there! haha

any idea on a date?
Thanks. I tried hard. coulda have done better cuz I made a number of mistakes. My guess it's gona be the first week of March, isnt Dibbz usually the first week of every month? even so the date is entirly up to Lee who hosts Dibbz now.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'm probably heading back around 8. So that means I'll be in town around 9:30-10. Battou, you should give me yo' numbuh so I can hit you up when I get back/tomorrow (you've given it to me like 50 times but I never saved it to my phone >_> does that make me a bad friend?)

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I'm probably heading back around 8. So that means I'll be in town around 9:30-10. Battou, you should give me yo' numbuh so I can hit you up when I get back/tomorrow (you've given it to me like 50 times but I never saved it to my phone >_> does that make me a bad friend?)
Pfftt.... we'll, we're not friends anymore!!!

Jk. 504-813-4579

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Are Brawl and Melee party games? Yes. Are they also insanely competitive fighting games? Abso****inglutely. My brother didn't even know there was a single player mode on either game until a few months ago (and he's been playing for about 3 years). I've actually been punched after a match. If that ain't competitive, I'll kiss your ***. What Sakuri started on with the original Smash (and each one after) may have been a fun party game like the MP series, but look at it closely. It's the most unconventional fighting game in the history of fighting games. There's no life bar, you don't stand face to face in close quarters like it's some **** Civil War battle, and there's always random **** blowing up or falling on you, etc (especially if you play like us with weapons and 4 players, 5 stock). I pretty much fall asleep when I play Halo now after playing Melee so long.
And as for as a tourny game goes, well, everything has a tournament now. Beer pong, lawnmower racing, RPS, running, yo-yoing, Roller Coaster Tycoon (never thought I'd live to see the day), lumberjacking, picking up heavy stones in the shape of Africa and carrying them across variable distances, etc. This is a fighting game. It has more right to have tournies than any of the aforementioned activities (except maybe lumberjacking, plaid turns me on.).
I respect your opinion Shy, I always have, but this time I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Now I feel bad for arguing with you. Here, hope this cheers you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A0DcI25QPQ

4life?
ya...dont listen to me im crazy....
i just typed up that nonsense to justify my departure from competitive smash.... and i need to be done with it..... more than u know..... actually im already over it and my life is alot better..... it would be agaisnt my nature to attack anyone personally.... so ill just leave quitely.....

actually id like to have all my accounts closed as I have nuthing left to offer this thread or community.....

Hyro

Smash Lord
wait... what? you gotta go 2 school on the week of mardi gras? what sort of blasphemy is this? guys who arent in N.O usually get like 2 days off but you should be getting off of school monday and tuesday at least. As far as I know you should be getting the whole week off.
AHHH! Forgot! lmao! Yeah arcadia, what your first post said is cool, just call me!

Since I don't have school tonight, Dibbz it is! Toootally forgot. Oh and tourney shoutouts i guess:

1: Lee - gg's, thanks for the ride home, thanks for taking me to the epic house of waffles!

2: Sudai - Epic SF4 matches rofl! That last hadoken came at me in slomo man!

3: Cyphus - What would happen if all the air in the world turned to wood?? lolol I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life! Oh and thanks for holding the pipe and lighting me up, next time you have to make the airplane sound XD

5: David - Craaaazy matches, unpredictable metaknight! You know your the coolest guy ever when you eat popeyes, cadbury eggs AND place 5th at the tourney!! You gotta come to the Dibbz tourneys too!

5: Ricky - Finally I found someone to hate on SF4 with! 5th place, too pro

7: Eric - I think I poked you a couple time while you were sleeping... :o

7: Jiovanni - You know your my peoples now right? Best advice in the world, "Ok. Your gonna go out there and throw **** at em". LOL

9: Bomber - You didn't play me :(

9: Li-D - Man, my boi roni said his boi li-d was talkin smack. loljk, fun games as always, keep it up!

9: Roni - Lamest end to the most epic set! I'm so sorry :( I love you and it won't happen next time!!

9: fakegeorge - gg's! I lol'd so hard when you staged spiked me twice in a row and got stage spike XD good thing you saved the replay!

13: Bre - One more guy on you roster! Soon enough you'll know everyone :p

13: Austin - Who's austin? Oh yeah!! Jackets is amaaazing! And guys he never perfected me on SF4 he's lying -.-

17: Arcadia - Thanks for the ride up and I told you I wasn't lying about the lock pickers XD

17: Taylor - Dude, thanks for letting all of us sleep over it was a blast! Soooo sorry we were so loud :(

17: Hawks go Caw - GG's! It was nice meeting you, come to more tourneys!

17: Freddy - LOLOL, *pauses melee*, "here (pipe), here (weed), and here (lighter)". Like a scene from a movie XXXXD I love you man

17: Avery - I literally watched you pass out on the couch rofl

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
alright wait i just needed one more post to get to 1600 cuz ending on 1599 would be lame....now close this account..... its time for sHy)(gUy to go

(sudai can u close it or get someone else to?) also close accounts of LCB12321 and infin!ty

Hyro

Smash Lord
Where is everyone? Like, no one is at Dibbz, it's so boring lol

And I forgot my phone at home!!

D

Deleted member

o.o

Anyways:
MISSING: Silver Gamecube controller with the words "Sayx" and "Ken" probably halfway smudged out written on it. Sayx should be written near the chord and Ken is written on the underbelly of the controller. If you see this controller, let me know, please.
Otherwise, I will have to forever play smash with controller johns.

~KenAlleman

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
shyguy will be back w/ a new account someday =]

hyro- i hope i was more fun than mean to u, that night. sorry if i said anything- irregardless, i love hanging out with you man

i can't wait for the tourney vids. SUDAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
i believe i have a set w/ sudai, hyro, ricky, and sudai again.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's been done, ShyG. I hope to see you around some time. <3<3

Cyphus, I'll have the vids up soonish. My laptop's acting silly, but I got the videos onto my flashdrive as well so we won't lose them.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Probably the most amazing post I have ever read. Seriously. I love and miss you so much Iceman. I really enjoyed seeing you at the tourney. I want to see more of you. ;[ (no homo)
You're an awesome son of a *****, Lee. Y'all need to tell me next time y'all are coming up from God's country (H-town). Call this motha, facebook him, do something. Let a cracker know. Hiyo.
Oh, and I'm gonna miss Shyguy. I'm pretty random, but he makes me look normal. Hoorah. Just like Vaughn, he'll be back. You can leave Smash, but Smash can never leave you. Trust me, I know. Also, trust me, I ****.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Austin and Avery gotta keep playing more. And someone needs to beat Lee lol

Are you guys going to any OoS tourneys soon?

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Pfft... In case anyone was wondering, I didn't come to Gameware Friday for the tourney, SF4, or even most of the other people there personally. I came for the young smashers. But seeing as how I was unvoluntarily a part of the tourney, I have a few shoutouts to make to few certain people.

Redson - I'm glad I was able to give you the match that you desired and was able to be somewhat of an inspiration for you (though I'm not sure why). You remind me of myself a little bit. Although this can either be really good or really bad. Don't let anyone influence any decision you make or force you to be someone that you're not. I've let too many people do it to me.. I don't wish to see that happen to you. Keep moving forward. Maybe I'll see you at the next tourney or something.

Bomber - Good games with you too, sir. Keep working hard and remember the advice I gave to both you and Redson. Stay on your toes and keep your eyes open. Most importantly, try to have fun and try to make it such that your friends are having fun too. Perhaps I'll see you at the next one as well.

Roni - From what I saw, you played really well. Sorry that the tourney got you down, though. There's always next time too. Remember that. I'll see you soon most likely.

Pritch - Thanks for the games of GGXX:AC. They were fun.

And last but not least : (This one's my favorite!!)

Mura - You may think you have me figured out, but in reality, you're 10 times as clueless as everyone else that I know. Just because you're somewhat intelligent does not mean that you can read someone's mind and look into their soul or something like that. And just because someone has a different opinion from you in something as stupid as a video game does not mean you have to arfue every little detail. Seriously, dude. Go **** yourself.

What Iceman says is true. I can leave Smash, but smash can never leave me. I guess I should be thankful for this game. No matter how much I hate it, I've learned a lot from it.

Sudai... Destroy this account, please.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
GJ on replying to an ancient message, Vaughn, I don't even remember what you're responding to, but I'm sure that I said it and meant it. You can keep pretending you're some super-advanced human being or something, but if you're as complex as you say, you probably don't know who you are yourself. What I know is, you're a guy who's got a lot of problems in life, you're clearly an outcast in "the real world", you have issues with the lack of morals in the world, and now you're alienating yourself from what is probably the only group of people who will ever come close to your high standard of what a decent person is (unless you're a Christian, which I doubt). If your goal in life is to be as miserable as possible, you're doing an awesome job. On the other hand, my goal is to be happy in life, and I am, and video games are what make me happy, because, unlike you, I don't have some jaded view on what's important in life. I know that I can't go on playing smash forever, but I'm still young and I've got the time, and when it's time for me to stop, I'll stop. I've always thought that a little bit of intelligence breeds a lot of unhappiness, so if your pride is in being deeper than everyone else you meet, then you can keep it. I'll be off enjoying what I do, playing smash, having goals in life, knowing myself, and being an overall happy person. Yeah, I know this whole posts sounds pretty d!ckish, but this is probably what you need to hear. I may not understand you (though I still think I do), but know I've got my **** together. That is, unless your true goal really IS to be a miserable person, in which case I'd suggest you stay the course.

And with that, Pritch, you heading to dibbz any time this week? I thirst for Melee.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Good **** all who went to dibbz.

I told Roni this, but I think everyone should hear it...

When you fight ME, you go 100%, no johns. If I get *****, so be it, at least I know that you weren't ****ing with me, but fighting me instead. I can't get better myself when people play me half-***, instead they're breeding a half-*** player.

This is not meant to be offensive or take any fun out of playing. It just makes me feel horrible when I go 100% and my opponent isn't. I lose both ways, cuz if I win, they weren't REALLY fighting me. If I lose, then I feel as if it is pointless fighting, cuz they can just **** me whenever they want.

Good fun is important, but making a better player is also important, which I strive for.

Top Bottom