• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice

Its way too late but shoutouts?

Eric- Ill get you next time you ***. Cause seeing as how we seem to play each other every tourny in the secound round ill tie my "*****" together so that you dont have too :D

Rickyb- Pro matches we had in pools, I rlyy wanted to play you in brackets but I failed.
Ggs bro.

Lee- LOL @ the morning brawl talk, and showing me stuff with MK.

Cyphus- You still get way too high :]

Iceman- Dude wtf? It has been liyke sixtymillionz. year. s.

Roni- Demo cape into stage= my favorite advanced tech with mk. No one can rly beat it.
:] <3 COME TO BR, AGAIN!

Hyro- :D Nice hanging out with you man, <3.

Redson- LOL. ggz

subai- You know how much i <3 you.

Insert random people that i forgot here [______________]

and here, _____________

And here, ______________

Hyro

Smash Lord
YES, you rock. Ok um, I'm gonna finish Heroes, then I'll come over there. I'll call you before I come hawks, to see if I should still go, or if I should bring a tv or anything.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Actually, I don't think I'm going to pcola anymore... I just realized I haven't had a weekend without travel in 2 months and it's getting kind of tiring. I need some down time. Sorry about that, but I hope you guys have fun...

I guess I'll be a panel if need be. I like to discuss things in length so why not. Also, when is the next Dibbz and Gware anyway?

I'm about to play a Risk-esque board game but in New York and involving the mafia. This gonna be interesting. Still miss everyone tho dammit. T_T

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Setsuma, who do you play as? I was wondering where you were at the tourny. It's a shame I missed you. O well, I'll fight you next time I get the chance.

Sudai

Stuff here
Randall, is it ok if I ride with you there and back, actually? I figure it'd probably be easier that way. I'll pay for gas and am willing to help drive/provide my GPS. : )

This saves CJ a trip to Baton Rouge (or me a trip down to NOLA?) which probably shaves like..15-30 minutes off the trip tops, but yeah, still saves some time.

Edit: Definitely just realized that I'll need a team-mate now that Nick isn't going. D:

Randall, how would you feel about teaming in PCola? We've had some teams experience, plus I really wanna have my team mate be an LA player. XD

eet

Smash Ace
bomber you should come over and play - your pt is fun.

heres my opinion.

EET's LA brawl Power Ranking:

Pro tier - autolose:
Lee

Pretty Good:

Sudai
Cyphus
Nick
Pierre*
r0ni

Good:

David*
Hyro*
EET
Randall
Ricky B
Freddy
Jiovani
Bre

OK:

Hawk*
Bomber
Arcadia
Kalzar
Chad
Avery
Redson

Lawl:

Batto

* == potential to be considered for higher or lower tier.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
bomber you should come over and play - your pt is fun.

heres my opinion.

EET's LA brawl Power Ranking:

Pro tier - autolose:
Lee

Pretty Good:

Sudai
Cyphus
Nick
Pierre*
r0ni

Good:

David*
Hyro*
EET
Randall
Ricky B
Freddy
Jiovani
Bre

OK:

Hawk*
Bomber
Arcadia
Kalzar
Chad
Avery
Redson

Lawl:

Batto

* == potential to be considered for higher or lower tier.
=DDDDD shoopdooppoop

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I'm taking a piss with a raging boner and like...I look down to make sure I don't miss since it's weird aiming with a boner, and well...I think to myself "God **** my **** is crooked..." After peeing for a bit, I realized that the toilet bowl was lopsided and not my ****. I was so happy that my hardon got ever harder and cause the angle of my **** to change...Piss all over the bathroom.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
cyphus's PR: (edit: forgot randall, lawl)

Lee
Cyphus, Sudai, Nick
Pierre, R0ni, Hyro, Wu
Eet, Sniper, RickyB, Jio, Randall, Bre
Everyone Else

***cyphus***

once again that's cyphus's list, i don't agree with it

Sudai

Stuff here
That's not Cyphus' usual Alphabetical Tier List. Lawl. I'm actually curious as to if he threw names on there in the order he thought of them or if that's the order he'd prefer. I'm fairly confident he just threw them in there though considering it's in a tier format instead of in a numerical listing, but I have been known to be wrong. :p

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So I guess the general consensus is in favor of making an official power ranking?

If so, we should decide on panelists and get things going. I think four or five people would be enough. They should be spread across different areas and be active here on smashboards. And, you know, have the knowledge to help make a PR list.

I think it would most fair to get our community to agree on panelists, and take it from there. Maybe we can all nominate a list of 4-5 people and see what kind of group we've got?

My panel would be: Sudai, Cyphus, Lee, Battousai/H_R, and myself.

With the exception of Cyphus and Lee, everyone is from a different area. At this point, Sudai is kinda like everywhere, since he's up in Ruston for school. Still, he travels and also goes to all of our tournaments. I think he's distant enough to accurately recognize improvements without bias and has a solid general knowledge of our community.

Cyphus and Lee represent Houma, which has quite a few strong players. They also play at Dibbz often enough to get a feel for the New Orleans players.

However, I think NOLA should have its own representation. Batto is active on the boards and attends tournaments (Dibbz at least). He plays often at Dibbz, which gives him an idea of the people there, probably more so than Cyphus/ Lee. Hyro could also go here, but I think there should be some skill diversification.

As for myself, I have all the tournament results and can easily look those up. More importantly than the results, I have easy access to individual matchups. I have tio files for the brackets and most pools, and the sheets for other pools. When trying to rank players of nearly equal skill, this would be a big help. I would also represent Baton Rouge (along with Sudai, probably). Again, this would add to skill diversity.

I feel like 5 is a good number. It is small enough to keep organized and on track, but large enough to represent everyone. Also, depending on how we'd decide things, 5 panelists can prevent ties.

What does everyone else think?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sudai, yeah, you can ride with me to Pensacola. I don't know if we're leaving Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. It depends on if someone can house us or not. I'm waiting to hear from Mankosuki. Also, I'll definitely team with you. I was gonna ask CJ, but he's teaming with Ruse. We'll have to practice a bit first though. I feel like I'm not good at teams right now, haha.

Sudai

Stuff here
Thanks a bundle for the ride, Randall. I'm fine leaving on either day, just let me know by Thursday night so I know if I need to leave Ruston early or if I can take a nap before heading out. : P

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Had fun at Dibbz. Smashed from like 9:30 to 1.

HyRo's still too good. Beat my Falco with his random *** Samus.

Arcadia's some guy that I had never seen in my lifetime before. How'd he manage to beat HyRo twice?

Battou seems to always counterpick my characters. Probably because Falco/G&W suck vs Marth.

I need to play against more Ever Power. Too good with Mario.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Cyphus:
well, depending on the format we plan on using (if its just a top 10 or something), depends on how i would represent my list. as far as my last post goes, it was ordered how i saw fit (vertically, and horizontally) i just players, of what i'd consider very closely skilled, in the same "tiers". so irregardless the order wouldn't change, unless my opinion would (which prolly will happen, by the time this is organized)
but yea..format and # of players (???)

Pritch

Smash Lord
So apparently I was mistaken and I did in fact get my sunglasses. I just missed them when I was looking through my stuff. I are teh *******. Thanks anyways for looking though, guys.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well that list of people looks suffice to me. I cant dive yet so its not like I could go to every single meeting at Dibbz so its not like I kow many people that go from Dibbz. Only people consist of Arcadia, Hyro, Batto, and Ricky B? probably some more people I know but I just didnt know they live in the NO area. but as far as memory goes thats it. So it's not like I can constantly visit people and get an idea of what peole are like, I'm limited :( but thats ok. The pannel consist of people who I agree are good for the job.

*nudge* lets throw mocha on there lol.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd certainly like to get an actual panel and discuss stuff outside of the this thread. Does anyone have any idea on who would make a good set of panelists?

Again, I think Sudai, Cyphus, Lee, Batto/Hyro, and myself would be a fair group. Objections? Suggestions? Completely different list?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'd certainly like to get an actual panel and discuss stuff outside of the this thread. Does anyone have any idea on who would make a good set of panelists?

Again, I think Sudai, Cyphus, Lee, Batto/Hyro, and myself would be a fair group. Objections? Suggestions? Completely different list?
I have no objections however I'd suggest you make a back room for the panelists or at least have some sort of union room for the 5.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I have no objections however I'd suggest you make a back room for the panelists or at least have some sort of union room for the 5.
I give you: AOL Instant Messenger.

*EDIT* In the interest of this post actually being relevant to something aside from me being a sarcastic b@stard, is anything happening today at dibbz or elsewhere?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I give you: AOL Instant Messenger.

*EDIT* In the interest of this post actually being relevant to something aside from me being a sarcastic b@stard, is anything happening today at dibbz or elsewhere?
even so. I dont know if everyone on the pannel has AOL. Though Hyro as far as know rarely gets on. but w/e.

Top Bottom