• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

lol that seemed like a really realistic evaluation matt.

anyway, sucks marth is my best, but after playing alot of chars; my marth is just a beast.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
i was shyguy, i play metanight,pikachu and ice climbers, im awsome but a complete noob compared too lee.
I wonder how good jon ricky and dj are at brawl has anyone played them ?

Right now i declare me and everpower the best brawlers in the greater new orleans area, anyone disagree?

I heard dj plays meta, anyone played us both, whos is better?

i assume jon is good with ike, hes probly actually the best in the area...
..best in the area? I don't wanna brag but I was kinda rockin the **** last Saturday...we must see about this...

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
lol stone. this is taylor from baton rouge. i went with audrey and mallory to numa (the last one before the hurricane) and met you. are you still playing naruto? we got a little into it after that.

and i work all weekend now. this is really gay.
I don't seem to remember you, but I still talk to Mallory a lot. :p

I play Naruto on and off, there's someone in NO with a Japanese wii and the latest Naruto, but I haven't played it much since the first two or three weeks since he got it.

I've been trying to get into smash a bit more, since I've been meaning to get a bit better at that game and have put it off until Brawl. But let me know when you're in NO and I'll see if I can make it.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I might try and come on friday. I haven't been at dibbz or on the comp for like two weeks though cause Ive been punished due to bad grades. xD
But anyways, friday = **** time. :]

Btw, (and Im a little late) cognratulations lee

:]

D

Deleted member

i think i was fat and tall back then. i played badly in the melee tournament even though i was the best there. luigi miss fires for the loss. i was pearl's boyfriend back then if you remember who she was o.O we may have played ddr with you and hai (sry if i butchered his name) at another time. idk. but i talk to mallory alot these days also on maple story.

edit:: OH! i saw you again at mechacon the year katrina hit (and we were there the weekend of the storm), i think you were playing guilty gear and you pwnd me. or maybe some other game you ***** me in. or maybe im thinking of someone else entirely. but i was there with eric (eet), he has met you aswell.

and as far as n.o. goes, if anyone wants to set something up at their house with multiple tvs, ill come. but i dont like dibbz's cramped space and 2 tvs. it makes for an uncomfortable situation with that many people.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
Wow I know this is really late but congrats Lee!!!!! I've been telling my friend Chris in Texas about how I was running through people at dibbz a few weeks back....and then Lee showed up :laugh:

oh and shyguy I didn't see your post until today...I've actually been playing some RPGs lately, I just beat Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door and now I'm playing FF VII and FF III(the real FF III on DS)...I'll try to get on Smash tonight, but what we really need to do is meet up at dibbz and play offline, I might be able to go not this weekend but the next.

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
eddie you can come over netime today or tom

and stone wats up sexy? rdy to lose to itachi again..<3 -eric

Ok cool, I have class today until like 3:00. I might call after my class and come over. I'm gunna need directions to the apartment.... I know where it is and I've kinda been there... but I dont really remember...lol.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
This is my tier list now. Not that anyone cares,I have nothing better to do.

Toon Link
R.o.b
metaknight
marth
g&w

High

Pit
Olimar
Snake
diddy
Ike
Wolf
zelda
ice climbers
falco
dedede
lucas

mid

pikachu
shiek
fox
lucario
luigi
zamus
ness
kirby
peach
pokemon Trainer

Low

DK
Link
mario
sonic
samus
Bowser
wario

bottom

gannondorf
jigglypuff
yoshi
captain falcon

Sudai

Stuff here
You can be a n00b and not lose any. Just means the rest of the people he's playing are n00bs~ ; )

Kidding, kidding. I don't even know half you guys that go to Dibbz anymore! XD All I know is you *****es better be there tomorrow night to get pwn'd by me and Vaughn.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
shyguy, if ur opinions on tiers can change so quickly, how can u be so defensive over it? I mean..its just gonna change again soon right? iunno..i'd be more interested in seeing your reasoning behind some of this..
like what makes mr.G top tier but Pit not?
why u think pokemon trainer and zamus are mid tier?
those among other things are completely beyond me, sir.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i was wrong and stupid to be defensive over it before.

I dont know what im basing my changes off of, just going with my feelings.

i think g&w has the advantage over pit, he has priority over most of the characters, easy to use i think he will place better in tournies.

Pit is a good character but not a top tier imo, he lacks killing moves and power.

pokemon trainer is pretty good, one of the most underated characters, all three pokemon have unique movesets that are usefull.

i dunno im not a good at explaining things, im too dumb

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Pit kills about as well as MK but yet MK is top tier? Your logic is fallible.

But continue making lists out of thin air, I don't think anyone minds the humorous speculation....except maybe Cyphus.

Oh, and baby Jesus. He weeps every time someone posts a tier list before a game has been out at least 6 months.

I can't believe you have no issue making baby Jesus cry, that's pretty sick shyg.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Pit kills about as well as MK but yet MK is top tier? Your logic is fallible.

But continue making lists out of thin air, I don't think anyone minds the humorous speculation....except maybe Cyphus.

Oh, and baby Jesus. He weeps every time someone posts a tier list before a game has been out at least 6 months.

I can't believe you have no issue making baby Jesus cry, that's pretty sick shyg.
ur a **** noob, and ur not funny.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Honestly I dont think we need tier list.

I think the game is even, it's all in how you play your character.

Cause say you have a player who just has there dodge game to near perfection.

No matter who he plays, i fyou can't hit him then what good is it if the better charcter can't touch him lol?

I dont know I just dont think we can rate this game like Melee.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ok fine i wont talk about tiers any more since its taboo.

I apologize downsyndromekid ur not a noob but ur still not funny, talking about baby jesus is also taboo

theres a game called taboo its where u cant say the words on the card...

taboo is also the last boss in sse, coincidince, i think not

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Shyg, you don't know me at all. You've never met me, you've never played me.

You have no clue whatsoever how funny or n00bish I am.

For the record, though, I wasn't insulting you, you d|ck, I was making a light joke. Talk about tiers all you want. Ya oughta calm down.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I thought it was pretty funny, DSK.

Anyway, I still say we need a counterpick list (even though it's much longer..) more than we need a tier list.
This is a massive part of the reason my enthusiasm for Brawl isn't very high. Smash has somehow degenerated backwards into the rock,paper, scissors balance that most multiplayer games have and are criticized for. It lost it's great mostly skill-oriented fun in one fell swoop.

I doubt there will be many sets in a Brawl tournament where somebody sticks with one character the entire time.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
These LA tournaments wouldn't be too far for someone that lives in Beaumont would they?
Yahoo says it's about three hours from Beaumont to Baton Rouge. 3LT (the big BR tournament) should have a pretty good turnout, and chances are that the best in the state will be there. We're not doing a teams division, instead there's a casual FFA w/items and the standard 1v1 no items. Guitar Hero 3 will also be present. Also, I believe that there's housing available, just PM eet. I'm setting a limit on entries, so if you're going to come (which would be awesome), then let me know and I'll save spots for you and your crew.

Yorenec said:
This is a massive part of the reason my enthusiasm for Brawl isn't very high. Smash has somehow degenerated backwards into the rock,paper, scissors balance that most multiplayer games have and are criticized for. It lost it's great mostly skill-oriented fun in one fell swoop.

I doubt there will be many sets in a Brawl tournament where somebody sticks with one character the entire time.
I don't think that this is much different from melee. I remember at one tournament, Lee used seven different characters for Singles. He pulled from across the tier list: Fox, Marth, Mario, and Young Link just to name a few. Lee isn't the only person to counterpick, either. Cyphus and Taylor did this quite often, too. Sure some people did do well with one character, but I think all of the best took character matchups into account.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I don't think that this is much different from melee. I remember at one tournament, Lee used seven different characters for Singles. He pulled from across the tier list: Fox, Marth, Mario, and Young Link just to name a few. Lee isn't the only person to counterpick, either. Cyphus and Taylor did this quite often, too. Sure some people did do well with one character, but I think all of the best took character matchups into account.
Fair enough and you're right. It just seems to me character counterpicking is going to be more frequent and play a far bigger role in winning tournaments than it did in Melee.

I wasn't very big into the competitive scene in Melee due to lack of time, but I know that tournaments were often won with one character. I really don't see that happening very much in Brawl.

It's quite possible that I haven't given Brawl enough time to grow on me, but I'm not too fond of what I have seen so far. It doesn't have all that much to do with my main being semi-trash in this game either.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm going to try to make it to Dibbz this weekend. I'll probably get smoked by everyone since I haven't really played in weeks. :(

D

Deleted member

i would love a team tournament at the next laser tag tournament. i think ffa with items doesnt even deserve to be called a tournament. maybe we could compromise and have a team tourney with some items, or just take a vote on what everyone wants. im definitely not paying to enter that tourney as it stands. no offense or anything, thats just not my cup of tea.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Teams would be cool, but yeah.. I can't even enter anyway as it stands, so my opinion shouldn't really matter. The vote thing might be cool when people pay their entry fee or something. Or Teams with some items on might be cool too. It'd be interesting to see. But like I said, I can't even enter. =[

Anyway, Sudai and I will be going to Dibbz tomorrow night for sure. As far as I know, Eric hasn't decided if he wants to come or not. Kyle's coming as well, but not with us. It should be quite fun. Sudai, I want you to be my teammate if we play teams, ok? We'll be awesome. I'm still picking you up tomorrow between 5 and 6. I got your directions and my directions, so I don't think I'll get lost. Do you think you'll be staying at our place?

And Eddie, thanks for coming over and playing. It was good to see you again. =]

Top Bottom