• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I meant to post this before, but I guess I forgot?

So, me and DSK played earlier in the week (or was it last week? I can't remember. x.x) and he plays a decent Samus. I couldn't only 2-3 stock him with my Fox and 1-2 with most of my other characters. He beat my YLink on DL64 ; ; and got a few wins against my fox when we were goofing around. All in all, I think he has potential~ The fact that he plays Samus is a bolster too cause we finally don't have to go to DIBBZ or Laffy to get some practice vs Spamus~ :D

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Thanks Sudai. I look forward to playing with you again. It's much more fun (for the time being) than playing Ken and getting ***** with that long sword *cry*

My very own GC controller should be coming in the mail soon, then I'll go pick up my own copy of melee and get back into the habit of doing some things correctly. And watch out Ken, I've been watching as many Marth v. Samus vidz as I could find...I've got some new ideas.

VVB

SD Champ
Did we ever come up with a place to hold tourneys or bi-weeklies in Lafayette? We need to dig up some players from here.

I could go for having a tourney or a smash fest here.

Fun amirite? :D

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119662
SAN ANTONIO TEXAS TOURNAMENT Nov 17 + 18th.
its not far at all..only like 8 hours. We can crash at S.O.S.'s house, during this 2-day tournament.
They have a lil more than 50 people "interested" in coming on their list...Most notable players i recognize there are: darknessofheart, sos, hylian, sethlon, smiles, and TX's bests...xelic, caveman, and rob$.
Single:$15 per player
Double: $10 per team
Crew: $5 per crew
Possible Low Tier: $5 per player

we can take these TX chumps ;)

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did we ever come up with a place to hold tourneys or bi-weeklies in Lafayette? We need to dig up some players from here.

I could go for having a tourney or a smash fest here.

Fun amirite? :D
First things first I want to ask if its all right with you if me and wes bring over another dude to your apartment this weekend. His name is Torin we played him at cafe fleur de lis a while ago but when we saw him at the LNA we decided to get his number since we know hes in Laffy.

its not far at all..only like 8 hours. We can crash at S.O.S.'s house, during this 2-day tournament.
They have a lil more than 50 people "interested" in coming on their list...Most notable players i recognize there are: darknessofheart, sos, hylian, sethlon, smiles, and TX's bests...xelic, caveman, and rob$.

I'm much more into considering this since I could also use this trip to visit scav and maybe Mcfox would be willing to come up with me.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice

yeah, i forgot that were awesome. okayyy soo i just figured out that im not going to be able to make the nov 17 tourny cause thats the date i leave for NC. soo ill wish you guys luckzorz.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Thanks Sudai. I look forward to playing with you again. It's much more fun (for the time being) than playing Ken and getting ***** with that long sword *cry*

My very own GC controller should be coming in the mail soon, then I'll go pick up my own copy of melee and get back into the habit of doing some things correctly. And watch out Ken, I've been watching as many Marth v. Samus vidz as I could find...I've got some new ideas.
Haha. Hey, I switched out characters a lot. I played you with Capt, Shiek, Zelda, Ganon, Fox, Falco, DK, GW, Roy, and Doc! (Did I miss anyone?)
Uh oh... new ideas... Fine. I'll prepare for our next battle by... uhm... finishing up my homework so I don't have the idea of unfinished business lingering in my head during our match! Note to self: Watch some Marth vs. Samus videos...

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
yeah, i forgot that were awesome. okayyy soo i just figured out that im not going to be able to make the nov 17 tourny cause thats the date i leave for NC. soo ill wish you guys luckzorz.
Leaving for NC? Are you coming back or moving away? 'Cause I haven't had the chance to play you yet even though you practically live next door =/

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Leaving for NC? Are you coming back or moving away? 'Cause I haven't had the chance to play you yet even though you practically live next door =/
nah im just going for vacationz. ill be back but like if you have a gc ctrler ill prolly play you today if you want.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
so ya im ******** and forgot that week goes into thanksgiving holiday sooooooo i might be able to go to the texas turny after all HAHAHA

D

Deleted member

lobelia are u any good?
me and kyle picked up ggx just a few months ago and we got accent core like a week ago. we got alot better the other night but still far from pro? its a rly hard game but we're working on it.

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
lobelia are u any good?
me and kyle picked up ggx just a few months ago and we got accent core like a week ago. we got alot better the other night but still far from pro? its a rly hard game but we're working on it.
Good at GG? I guess I'm above average on the casual scale, but as a pro, I'm garbage. My best game is Third Strike.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
MINDGAMES.

Edit: fail. :(
Hahahahaaaa its funny because your quote becomes win when i quote it and my post is fail because I can't quite find the right color.

EDIT: HA found it *****, or atleast close enough. Its 222220

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
Just a shoutout to Nicknyte, who helped me out in determining that my friend is, in fact, a complete newb at Smash. More so than me, even. At least I appear to know Peach's basic game.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just a shoutout to Nicknyte, who helped me out in determining that my friend is, in fact, a complete newb at Smash. More so than me, even. At least I appear to know Peach's basic game.

You don't have to give me a shout out but maybe I can help you determine that your friend still is, infact, your friend.

Friends don't call Friends newbs : (

serious buisness

lolbacon

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Nicknyte has been Shouted.

Also, I found a video of Young Cyphus at Ebaum's world twisting his arms and sheet.
http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/410
I think that was from Smash AID a couple of years ago.

Matt, calling a friend a noob is totally cool. It's in fact a mindgame, because you're trying to make your friend try harder/angry so that you will in turn become a better player, making him a better player, making you a better player. Or, you might just piss him off. Life is a mindgame, and maybe if you played as FLACO more oftn thn u'd no how to use minegamez nub. *forward smashes randomly* "Daz' mindgames!" ;)

Since your phone is dead Matt, let me know what you want to do today before Ben's place. I'm gonna call Toren soon and hopefully he can meet us. I forgot my controller, though, so I might be using the g@ybird today.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that was from Smash AID a couple of years ago.

Matt, calling a friend a noob is totally cool. It's in fact a mindgame, because you're trying to make your friend try harder/angry so that you will in turn become a better player, making him a better player, making you a better player. Or, you might just piss him off. Life is a mindgame, and maybe if you played as FLACO more oftn thn u'd no how to use minegamez nub. *forward smashes randomly* "Daz' mindgames!" ;)

Since your phone is dead Matt, let me know what you want to do today before Ben's place. I'm gonna call Toren soon and hopefully he can meet us. I forgot my controller, though, so I might be using the g@ybird today.
smash aid was never in a gym that was, I remember cyphus posting this vid in the pool room saying it was at fc3.

Or, you might just piss him off.

newb.
.. j/king then again I don't know if any of you have noticed this yet.

I want to get something to eat then go talk to gametraders (if we can find it) I'm also considering getting metroid corruption and another GC controller wouldn't hurt since I have 2 and one doesn't really work that well.

You can call toren whenever but I don't plan on starting to play any time before like 6.

I should beable to call you.

get on aim if you need to.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
smash aid was never in a gym that was, I remember cyphus posting this vid in the pool room saying it was at fc3.

newb.
.. j/king then again I don't know if any of you have noticed this yet.

I want to get something to eat then go talk to gametraders (if we can find it) I'm also considering getting metroid corruption and another GC controller wouldn't hurt since I have 2 and one doesn't really work that well.

You can call toren whenever but I don't plan on starting to play any time before like 6.

I should beable to call you.

get on aim if you need to.
If only I were at home right now, I'd give you a delicious taste of the amazing flaco, but I don't have the picture so you got lucky newb. I need to buy a gamecube controller because I forgot mine, and I somehow lost 2/4 that I previously owned when I lived in a dorm.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Not to be rude, but will you *******ers stop writing stuff in grey. I can't read **** anymore, and when I finally see it I feel like a *******. Just a suggestion.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not to be rude, but will you *******ers stop writing stuff in grey. I can't read **** anymore, and when I finally see it I feel like a *******. Just a suggestion.
lol sorry.

Highlighting text, use it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so whos goign to FL's N00B1?!....i have to go....and i'll go w/ whoever..be it br or nola....

Top Bottom