• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, and Sudai, that's noted and appreciated. EET said he's gonna bring one as well. One or two more would be nice. *hint hint*

See ya people tomorrow.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
So guys this is Freddy ($etSumA) posting from Kalzar's computer, yeah, ill be going to ralphs tomorrow and ill bring a cube and **** everyone besides taylor and eric :O

<3

I LOVE YOU YOUNG DYLAN!

usea

Smash Ace
It's almost 8am and I still don't know if I can go yet! It's not looking hopeful though. I can't find somebody who will give me a ride :(

eet

Smash Ace
so

1. eet
2. nicknyte (nicknoob)
3. ever_power
4. kalzar
4. sudai
4. iceman
7. randall
7. kyle (is he on smashboards... always had a good marth)
7. uhh some other ppl
10. setsuma (lol pwned)

we used the swiss system which I think worked out alright with 5 rounds. We ended up having 3 ppl with 4-1 records and so we had to do a round robin for 1-3.

gg nicknyte and ever power

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I like the Swiss system. It's like combining Round Robin and Bracketed Tournies. It's more fair than brackets, and not as long as RR.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Was fun to bad my car didnt start after I got it......and....its got alot of motor damage....

Anyway GG guys was fun.

See you in the near future.

GG EETand Nick

Entreri

Smash Cadet
You got the rankings wrong Eet=P

I(Kyle) won the round robin for fourth, and I've got the five buck prize to prove it!;)

Sudai

Stuff here
1. eet
2. nicknyte (nicknoob)
3. ever_power
4. kyle
5. sudai
6. kalzar
7. iceman
7. randall
7. uhh some other ppl
10. setsuma (lol pwned)

Fixed, I'd fix Sets' but I forgot where he actually place.

Randall said he was going to post detailed results (aka who played who and beat who) and I plan to use those resualts to start the LA Elo ranking system with a full description of the ranking system and the rules around it.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
who else were all there? how many?

wtf happened set?
wtf happened nicknyte and kalzar @ placing high? lol j/k
gg kyle!!

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Ever, is your car finished?
Cyphus, there were 12 people there (I blame the weather). Ralph, Randall, Vaughn, Elvis(NickNyte), EET, Ever(matt, I think), Kalzar, Setz, Kyle, Sudai, Ryan(whoever that is), and the Iceman. Ever beat EET, Elvis beat Ever, and EET beat Elvis (everyone else lost like a bunch of *******, including myself. Some of us were tighter than others, and it hurt more, to keep the feminine orifice reference going). In a small RR, EET won because he's awesome. Ever had a chance to win, but he didn't. Elvis had a chance to win, but EET pulled Peach out and that's the end of that story. And I'm drunk, so I guess it's a win all around.

Edit: I really thought they'd asterisk the word that I used. I guess I'm still learning the rules here.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Alright. That was a lot of fun, and I appreciate those people who braved the heavy rain to make it here. Matt, I'm sorry to hear about your car, but at least you got to play some smash.

Okay, as for the actual tournament, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the swiss style. Much thanks to Ralph for hosting it and everything. We had 12 people playing. Eleven of us entered, and Ralph was a bye. See, a much as Ralph likes smash, he didn't enter because he doesn't exactly play it that much. We didn't want one person to be left out each round, so Ralph played in the place of a free round. Having said that, the rankings fell into several levels that can then be further looked at. I'll let Sudai have a go with that stuff.

The basic stuff:

4-1 record: Matt, Eric, and Elvis
3-2 record: Dillan (sp?), Sudai, and Kyle
2-3 record: Iceman, Freddy, Vaughn, and Randall
1-4 record: Ryan
0-5 record: Ralph

Now, each of these people had different numbers of losses within matches (2-0 wins versus 2-1 wins basically). Without counting the round robins that decided money:

Eric: 2 losses (all wins were 2-0)
Matt: 3 losses (one win was 2-1)
Elvis: 4 losses (two wins were 2-1)
Kyle: 5 losses (one win was 2-1, one was a bye)
Sudai: 6 losses (two wins were 2-1)
Dillan: 6 losses (one win was 2-1)
Iceman: 7 losses (one win was 2-1, one was a bye)
Freddy: 8 losses (two wins were 2-1, no byes)
Vaughn: 7 losses (one win was 2-1, one was a bye)
Randall: 7 losses (one win was 2-1, one was a bye)
Ryan: 8 losses (one win was a bye)

Now, one can also look at the individual matches, who beat who, and how well:

Round 1:

Dillan vs Vaughn - Vaughn, 2-1
Elvis vs Sudai - Elvis, 2-1
Eric vs Ryan - Eric, 2-0
Freddy vs Randall - Freddy, 2-1
Iceman vs Ralph - Iceman, bye
Kyle vs Matt - Matt, 2-0

Round 2:

Kyle vs Dillan - Dillan, 2-1
Sudai vs Ryan - Sudai, 2-0
Randall vs Ralph - Randall, bye
Freddy vs Matt - Matt, 2-0
Vaughn vs Iceman - Iceman, 2-1
Eric vs Elvis - Eric, 2-0

Round 3:

Kyle vs Ralph - Kyle, bye
Eric vs Matt - Matt 2-1
Iceman vs Dillan - Dillan, 2-1
Ryan vs Elvis - Elvis, 2-0
Freddy vs Vaughn - Freddy, 2-1
Randall vs Sudai - Sudai, 2-1

Round 4:

Ryan vs Ralph - Ryan, bye
Randall vs Kyle - Kyle, 2-1
Sudai vs Dillan - Dillan, 2-0
Vaughn vs Eric - Eric, 2-0
Elvis vs Freddy - Elvis, 2-1
Iceman vs Matt -Matt, 2-0

Round 5:

Vaughn vs Ralph - Vaughn, bye
Randall vs Ryan - Randall, 2-1
Elvis vs Matt - Elvis, 2-0
Eric vs Dillan - Eric, 2-0
Freddy vs Sudai - Sudai, 2-1
Kyle vs Iceman - Kyle, 2-0

Now, generally speaking, the 2-1 victories were much closer as the tournament progressed. Freddy's victory of me (Round 1) for example, wasn't too close, but Sudai's over myself was really close (Round 3).

Some interesting things to note are:

Elvis was the only person to beat Matt in the 5 Rounds, and it was a 2-0 victory.
Matt was the only person to beat Eric (2-1 victory).
Eric was the only person to beat Elvis (2-0 victory).
Many matches and even individual games seemed to come down to the 3rd game, one stock, and high percents for each player. From a simple tip vs not tip to a bomb being pulled at a lucky time. There was a lot more, and I think people can bring up their own stories.

Now, because of record ties, we voted to round robin for 1st -3rd and for 4th.

For 1st-3rd, Eric went 4-1, Elvis 3-2, and Matt 0-4.
For 4th-6th, Kyle went 4-1, Sudai went 3-2, and Dillan went 0-4.

It's interesting to note here that Kyle went 2-0 against Dillan here, while Dillan went 2-1 in Round 2. Sudai also won 2-0 over Dillan, while losing 2-0 to Dillan in Round 4. Also, Eric beat Matt 2-0, while Matt beat Eric 2-1 in Round 3. So, these people played just as well as the other today.

That's all I can think of on that matter. Hopefully, I'll be able to run another Swiss at some point in the near future. First though, I hear Gameware will be having another tourney in the 3rd week of January. I don't know if it's Wednesday or Saturday, but I'd guess Wednesday.

It was great tournament and I can't wait for the next!

usea

Smash Ace
Wish I was there. Thanks for the detailed recap! swiss styles are rad. sounds like it was fun

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Im the only one who beat EET hahaha

Oh and my car has water inside about 1 inch and the pistons/Rods got water in them....so everything has to pretty much be rebuilt..

Esprit

Smash Rookie
So, whats the deal with Setsuma? From these tournament results Kalzar (Dylan, not Dillan hehe) did much better than he did. What was going on with him? Does he suck now, or has everyone just got that much better?

For the record, I don't plan on returning to LA Smash, but I was barely ever here in the first place. I like to see tourney results and things of that nature though, and this boggles me how Setsuma could've done so poorly.

Sudai

Stuff here
The third fight in me vs Sets he hit marth, I hit Samus, he hit Falco, I hit Fox, he hit marth, I hit Samus, then I hit start.. He made no mention so I hit FoD.(the one I called beforehand in accordance with the advanced slob's rule) After I won I hear "I didn't want to be Marth."

That's what happened there..

Elvis was just going ape **** with spikes though..

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I wish I could've gone but my mom had a new years eve party, and wanted me to help. Well, did you guys record any of the matches? Please say yes... :]

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
[epic]

So THERE I WAS. It was all up to me to make sure EverPower didn't win the tourny. All of Battle Rouge set thier eyes on me. I smirked and I knew what match up was up.

"Matt vs. Elvis" proclamied Randall the Jigg master.

A couple of spikes and tips later, we are tied for the tournament.

[/epic]

Anyway, good games guys. I had a great time. Hope to play youi again EverPower and Eet....

DAM U!

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
rofl... Much <3 nick....

So whens the next tourny when we can ALL meet up again as i vastly improved after taking countless beatings from ricky,cyphus, and john.

Sudai

Stuff here
Did anyone happen to take a black controler home that wasn't thier's?

It would be slightly coarse and lacking the nintendo logo..

Couldn't find it after the tourn... :/

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of extra stuff, we have an extra platinum controller that was left there. It has some writing on the underside, on the part directly underneath the d-pad, I believe. I couldn't make it out too well, maybe four letters, and starting with an "S." At least, I think that's what it's like.

So who's missing their platinum controller?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I don't have it with me, that's probably what it says. I remember the "s" and an "o" along with something in between them that might pass for a "t." Who's controller would that be?

Esprit

Smash Rookie
That would be Tyler Stokes' controller, one that shouldn't have been removed from his house, especially without his permission. Whoever brought it to the tournament is a ****ing ********, and should learn some respect for other people's things.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm off work tuesday, wednesday, and thursday...so me and lee prolly head up to N.O. again for smash @ ricky's house or something. unless batonrouge has something they can plan?

Top Bottom