• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
I don't think my body can handle having to play Marth dittos against yet another person

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MhgCIDtHM

Looking for critique. @ 'V' 'V'

My DI was definitely bad especially game 2. Flubbed WD OOS and spot dodged a lot. Should have used back throw instead of d throw multiple times. That's mostly what I've got
I would definitely say work on your DI, though it's a little hard against Falco if he's good at following your pattern during a pillar. Try mixing up your SDI when getting shined so that he can't follow you as easily.

N-air and Shuttle Loop out of shield are pretty good options if you feel like you're stuck in your shield, especially for trying to catch Falco out of a full hop.

If you're trying to edgeguard with a move, I believe the most effective way is to ledge hop N-air or ledge drop double jump N-air. N-air stays out for a long time and it has good KO potential if you hit with the startup. It's incredible for hitting Spacies out of Side-B and good for edgeguarding in general.

Work on your F-smash timing for punishing Illusion.

Needs more spacing with F-tilt. D-tilt is good for setting up combos especially from a crouch cancel, but you might end up eating a crouch cancel that you don't want and get combo'd for it. Falco's good at that. With F-tilt, you get a lot more mixups and setups when paired with grabs, surprise D-smashes, N-air, F-smash, etc.

Other than all of that, I think you did fine. Might've been flustered by not having faced a good Falco in tournament before.

I think that Zack doesn't discriminate between pretty girls and pretty boys. lol

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I was gonna get in anyway. 4v4's might just be the most interesting thing to come out of Smash 4, though commentating it seems like it's gonna be a nightmare. lol

Sudai

Stuff here
Things are happening! LOTS OF THINGS! TRIPLE KILL! respawns more things

That's about as descriptive as it'll get I imagine. lol

Also, dibz on player 7 slot. Purple is the one slot color I'd pick over green, ever.

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Taking slot 5 for dat Orange. I can't wait to commentate a 4v4 or even listen to commentators for it. I cackled like an idiot watching that video lol...

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
4 v 4.
Once we get a lead we stall with luigi ladder under the stage to stall. I haven't seen luigi laddering specifically banned yet. New strats

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Dylan I liked your naruto avi better. Also I gotta play you in smash 4 dude! This Game and Watch is no joke! Also I want you to see my project M gannon :) you'd be proud of how seriously I'm taking a game that isn't brawl.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I like how our team is already ports 5, 6, and 7... Is port priority even a thing in this one? Or does it even matter with this amount of insanity...

4v4 gonna be so real. Oh god what if we do 2v2v2v2???? :O

Sudai

Stuff here
2v2v2v2 would be clique-y, similar to FFA.

I think 2v2v2 would be legit though since having the odd count seems to break up the clique forming. If it's friendly's **** it though.

I wanna try 3v3s too. More manageable than 4v4 and I think it might be a tourney viable option.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Dylan I liked your naruto avi better. Also I gotta play you in smash 4 dude! This Game and Watch is no joke! Also I want you to see my project M gannon :) you'd be proud of how seriously I'm taking a game that isn't brawl.
I'm borrowing my friends 3ds tomorrow so we can wifi then and I saw your Ganon on get good stream. No doubt your movement is crisp, but your hit confirms be iffy son

BAMvsGAME

Smash Rookie
Can I till sign up for the tourney tomorrow? I was also wondering about typical turnouts, this will be my first time attending.

Top Bottom