• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah he did for a while. Quit around the time PM came out like I did. I played a 1hr friendly with him once in texas cause there was no timer and neither of us would approach. Somehow it was amazingly fun.

Last edited:

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
Can I till sign up for the tourney tomorrow? I was also wondering about typical turnouts, this will be my first time attending.
Yea most tournaments close registration a few minutes before bracket starts. Typical turnout for monthlies is probably around 45 total.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yea most tournaments close registration a few minutes before bracket starts. Typical turnout for monthlies is probably around 45 total.
Haven't seen a monthly with 45 people since the days of GameWare Monthly. Though Open World did average 35 per tournament. Which monthly gets 45? I'd love to know.

'V'

Smash Lord
The People's Tourney and RofL 2 both had over 50 entrants for P:M Singles. Monthly Godlikes have consistently been getting over 30 entrants for P:M. I don't know LAGG's track record yet, but they've been getting good numbers too.

And speaking of tournaments, The Cove 3.11 is happening next weekend. @ VVB VVB can you put it on the OP? It's gonna be BOTH Melee and P:M this time!!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/1485848021684233/

Last edited:

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
Well iI meant total. So like 30 pm and 20 melee but they aren't mutually exclusive. 45 may be a tad high, there are almost never 45 people at the same event at the same time but I figure it's kinda thereabouts

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm actually surprised he won't use Lucina.
I die a little on the inside every time I do a dropping aerial with a sword character.

I'll probably do a little more soul searching as far as characters go once the WiiU version drops. I dunno though, the game in general hasn't been very fun.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
after about like 3 weeks in the making, my zelda guide is almost complete. for some reason my first guide draft on smashboards vanished so i wrote almost the whole thing again over on microsoft words. here is a sneak preview
Why should I main Zelda? - Zelda is a very powerful character in the hands of a good player. She has great combo game coupled with a very strong edge guard game. She also can outcamp a few characters and has a semi-decent approach.
Is Zelda the right character for me? - If you are not a patient player, Zelda might not be the right choice for you. Zelda mostly relies on punishes and quick reactions to movement. If you try and approach unsafely you could get up in the air, and that is not a place you want to be, especially against someone with a disjointed hitbox or that can juggle well.(ex. Marth, Roy, etc)

Forward Aerial - (Named “LIGHTNING KICK”) Damage - 18% Melee hit, 22% Brawl hit, 16% late hit, 8% sourspot/body.
Zelda kicks forward……………………………AND A BURST OF EXTREMLEY POWERFUL ELECTRICAL ENERGY FORMS AT HER FOOT. Pretty much Zelda’s best move hands down, she has 3 sweetspots of this move, a Melee sweetspot hit, a Brawl sweetspot, and the late hits of those(not really another sweetspot but whatever). This move can KO heavyweights as early as 80% near blastlines. This move is great out of shield, especially when sweetspotted. You can also use it to space out opponents due to it’s good range and pressure. You can also use this move to end combos with the sweetspots, it can easily KO under 100-110%! In addition to those great traits, it can also edge guard characters. If you go out to your opponent and hit them with a sweetspotted kick, you can almost guarantee a stock at mid-higher percents! However using it on shield is not safe. Due to the freeze frames, you usually can get punished for using this move on shields. Also if you do not space this move properly, or not use it at the right time, you can get punished.
A great spacer, one of the best combo finishers, a good edgeguarder, and a great out of shield move.
Second image at half speed.
9.5/10
and i'm not even honestly done with that yet, still need to proofread and revise etc.

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
I die a little on the inside every time I do a dropping aerial with a sword character.

I'll probably do a little more soul searching as far as characters go once the WiiU version drops. I dunno though, the game in general hasn't been very fun.
Gotta be able to move and dance for a fight to be fun. imo
Your guide is mega helpful btw. Thanks for putting in the work

VVB

SD Champ
The People's Tourney and RofL 2 both had over 50 entrants for P:M Singles. Monthly Godlikes have consistently been getting over 30 entrants for P:M. I don't know LAGG's track record yet, but they've been getting good numbers too.

And speaking of tournaments, The Cove 3.11 is happening next weekend. @ VVB VVB can you put it on the OP? It's gonna be BOTH Melee and P:M this time!!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/1485848021684233/

Done and Done. V - Your birthday is on November 9th?! Mine too!

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
so many days of birth wow. already had my birthday in the coolest month of the year kekekekeke. but uhhh happy early birthday tferg xoxoxo
here is a song 4 you

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
So much booty. :O

Also, anyone else in the Heroes of the Storm alpha access? I need to learn this nonsense.

... At least 'till Pokemon and Smash 4 Wii U. Then I'll need to learn THAT nonsense. WHY IS THERE SO MUCH NONSENSE?!?

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the HotS Alpha, I don't play it much but I was d1 in league/5300+ in dota 2 in my srs days, I can give you some tips if you like.

HotS is mostly just game knowledge and teamwork though. Extremely low mechanical ceiling even on the hardest characters.

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I mean, I've played League way too many hours, so I get the general gameplay, I guess I just gotta learn the nuances of this one.

I just love all 3 games so I'm gonna be more into this than League... xP

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Which one are you getting, OR or AS?

<3
Why pick? I'm getting both so I can get all the stones and what-not... I need mah options. xD I'm pretty hype for it right now, it's 3rd gen's chance of redemption for me. x3

Edit: I also like trying to have one of each of the main games... I'm only missing a few cartridges. >.>

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm so hyped too. The 3rd gen fans really, really needed this. I had my time with HGSS, and now ORAS can give the gen 3 lovers their fix.

As for me, Emerald was great, but somehow it just felt less involving than gen 2 was for me and it felt, I don't know, kind of plastic. Like everything was just glazed over in terms of graphics (so colorful and bright, almost -too- colorful and removal of night/day cycles) and music (only ones I particularly liked were Route 113 and Underwater theme). I'm looking forward the most to flying over Hoenn and going to the new places and islands, since I've played through Emerald twice so I'm pretty familiar with Hoenn. XD

Oh, and I'm getting AS. No funds for both of them, haha

Last edited:

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I've played League way too many hours, so I get the general gameplay, I guess I just gotta learn the nuances of this one.

I just love all 3 games so I'm gonna be more into this than League... xP
I definitely love the characters and just the look of the game. Illidan is my waifu

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
My problem with gen 3 can be sumed up in one word: water. The whole game just felt overly focused on it... With most of the map being water, most of the new pokemon were water, and all the damn water mechanics like dive it just... It got old. But I loved x and y, and this is looking so drastically improved upon, so I'm really hoping this changes my mind about gen 3.

Also don't forget, if you're of age today, you should go vote. I'm going after work, and you should go if you can too.

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
wowoow vaughn amazing. i used to have a good time for peach like 18 seconds i think. i use a strat i made up myself so it's probably not the fastest

'V'

Smash Lord
wowoow vaughn amazing. i used to have a good time for peach like 18 seconds i think. i use a strat i made up myself so it's probably not the fastest
18 seconds with a strat that you made up yourself is really good. You could probably do pretty well with the optimzed one, though I'm not sure what it is anymore.
With a lucky misfire, Luigi's is stupid fast.
Luigi's is crazy fast without the misfire, but screw wavedashing off of that Gamecube. It's such a tight wavedash...

Also, I just played a First to 100 KO's with Lee in Smash 4. Lee got 100 KO's to my 76. It's looking like I'll be playing mostly Sheik and Kirby in that game.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

NNID
Chibi_Zack
if i actually used the "legit" strat I could probably shave off about 7 seconds lol. also happy bday @ TFerg TFerg
also

Last edited:
Top Bottom