• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm bored, let's speculate or something. August 12th the whole roster is revealed and we already have 36 confirmed, any ideas/predictions of who the last characters will be? My prediction:
I feel like we're going to get about 42 characters this time, meaning we'd have 6 slots left.
  • Last 2 of the original 12: :jigglypuff::ness2:
  • 3 returning Brawl/Melee characters: :metaknight::falco::ganondorf:
  • 1 more newcomer:
    (Shulk)
  • Honorable mention (returning characters with a chance imo): :gw:

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Damn, that has my old account posts on it and everything. Back when I actually wanted to get good lol. I think that was my very first LasT, man those were the days. I miss that...everything changed so drastically over the years.
Apparently I had to play Reflex in my first match lol
JNig mained Pikachu at that time and was in my pool and I was literally the only Diddy.
Boy how things have changed lol

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
About Smash 4 : Idgaf if Lucina is low tier, I will destroy you guys with her. She will be my mayne.

About BSL : Change your name please, looks like it's 4 people. It's like a quadsome in one like.

About Cosmo : That jerk banned me from his chat for nothing.

About unrelated stuff : @JSalt looks like one of those high school musical deucebags. I love your Wario & Sheik man but I feel like you are the southern Zach Efron about to bring the populas.

Don't take offense please, it's just a joke, but wait - you the saltiest.

Also, can we please buy a thing of Morton salt and instead of the little girl, can we add a little picture of Justin's face?​

Turazrok

Smash Master
About Smash 4 : Idgaf if Lucina is low tier, I will destroy you guys with her. She will be my mayne.

About BSL : Change your name please, looks like it's 4 people. It's like a quadsome in one like.

About Cosmo : That jerk banned me from his chat for nothing.

About unrelated stuff : @JSalt looks like one of those high school musical deucebags. I love your Wario & Sheik man but I feel like you are the southern Zach Efron about to bring the populas.

Don't take offense please, it's just a joke, but wait - you the saltiest.

Also, can we please buy a thing of Morton salt and instead of the little girl, can we add a little picture of Justin's face?​
If you in cosmo's chat was ANYTHING like how you post here, I don't blame him.
Now I got permabanned from VGBC for a small copypasta RIP, mods are literally hitler.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
:notsotroll:

EDIT : Cosmo's mad because he ****ed up a run & I posted WR hype.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Idgaf if Lucina is low tier, I will destroy you guys with her. She will be my mayne.
If I had a dollar for every time someone said that sort of thing about maining a low tier, I'd be swimming in Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin. About 90/100 times they end up dropping the character in the long run. lol

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm possibly maining Lucina and I'm sticking to that pick even if she's deemed "low tier" and "unviable"
Although, my previous statement will honestly depend on my current list and who I decide to truly use.
I'm at about 4-5 characters that I'm interested in investing my time in right now.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I thought it was because Crom and Lucina have the same fighting style and abilities, but the only rationalization Sakurai provides for Crom not making it is he didn't feel like Crom was unique enough. Yet he throws in Lucina admitting the only difference between her and Marth is the power of her sword is the full length of the blade. The article made no sense to me, it had bad logic.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I've been saying for years now that Sakurai is a bad troll. Through thick and thin, we can count on him to never make any sense. lol

Seriously, though... What a ****...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I wish I could go to that. I think 3 stocks is the way to go.

Last edited:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
No. It makes sense. Nintendo is in the process of trying to establish that its games are diverse. I'm sure they also would like to lure a larger fanbase, just like every media source. In this case that fanbase would be female gamers. Sakurai had the choice of adding a male clone* or a female clone* from the same series. Seeing as there is already 26 guys (not counting alt costumes and assuming the generally accepted genders of pokemon) and only 8 gals (counting Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik as 4 unique characters and not counting Marth), his decision makes all the sense in the world. Diversity. It's an old wooden ship.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
His decision makes sense, it's his logic that doesn't. He's pretty much saying:
"Chrom wouldn't be unique enough, so I'm going to pick his daughter, Lucina and use her in the most non-unique way possible":troll:
I mean that logic would work best if he was referring to Robin's inclusion because that's where it makes sense, not Lucina.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
His decision makes sense, it's his logic that doesn't. He's pretty much saying:
"Chrom wouldn't be unique enough, so I'm going to pick his daughter, Lucina and use her in the most non-unique way possible":troll:
I mean that logic would work best if he was referring to Robin's inclusion because that's where it makes sense, not Lucina.
We've added a new character some will recognize, Lucina. She fights a lot like Marth, but she doesn't do tipper damage.

>_>

Top Bottom