• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Trey if you team with Diego I'll team with Zack. I'm good and also beautiful.

Random Samus Kid

Smash Rookie
I was just playing P:M with Trihex a week or two ago. He just got his roommate into it, and they almost exclusively play that now, so if he's there, I'm sure he'll have a setup :D

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
So I decided to invite some people I met at whobo to tha shrimp/summercon stuff June 19-21.
If they accept it would anyone be able to house 5 max - 2 minimum people. This is all really tentative and probably won't happen but if it does I would like to give them a concrete plan and not just showing up. They stream weekly and I think it would be awesome for the community if Texas got involved in our scene and we got involved in theirs.

'V'

Smash Lord
Any Louisiana PM Zelda mains?
I may or may not main her depending on what she's like in the final build of P:M. She's gonna be getting more nerfs, so I'm gonna try to make sure that she's not terrible... Again...

I main her in Melee, though, so the fundamentals will definitely be there. :D

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I don't know, man. Fox has been REALLY good to me so far.

And speaking of MK, I've actually been working on him for a while now. I think he's a good and fun character in P:M.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
There's a video of Zhime vs Junebug that makes me want to play Zelda and Diddy at the same time, all the time. And this is crazy, Vaughn going full god-tier with his characters. Never thought I'd see the day.
I wonder if that banana **** in his suit when he saw that.

'V'

Smash Lord
I don't know about "going full god-tier". MK's good, but I don't think THAT good.

And besides, I still play Peach too. :p

Turazrok

Smash Master
Mk's bottom of high tier at best imo, way too weak to CCing and projectile games

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
V main zelda so there will be 3 Zelda mains and we could be the Triforce Legion in Louisiana lol, possibly Zelda crew (Me, Chibi, and V)

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I don't know. Like I said, I'll have to see. I'm VERY particular about my smash waifu. :zeldamelee:

Still REALLY liking Fox, though.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm sure it'll be on a game by game basis. It's a nintendo peripheral not something 3rd party so I think if a dev wants to be able to use it, they'll be able to. Now if developers feel its worth developing for is a different question.

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
The invitational is today? I haven't been keeping up with E3 at all, I was just gonna watch recaps and vids afterwards lol.

Also I decided to namesearch myself and most of the results were from this thread in mid-2011, like right before the last LasT tourney, when Ran was moving to Denver, Facey was leaving for Chicago, I was coming back from a 3 month hiatus, Genesis 2 was happening, Hyro/Adam/Savon/Jio/ShyGuy posted, and just so much nostalgia. A HUGE trip down memory lane, so much **** was going down, my god. 3 years felt like an eternity ago after reading those posts. And so many of us were such tryhards, or at least there seemed to be a constant amount of smashfests happening. What happened guys? Where did that go? Can we start doing that stuff again, maybe for Smash 4?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
OH **** just saw the vid on the front page about the invitational. Looks like Nintendo is doing things right for once. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone wanna guess who will pick which character? Sounds like fun since they're drafting them.

'V'

Smash Lord
Lol, Ill just have to persuade you at golden chariot or summer con to play Zelda
Sadly, I won't be able to make either events because I have plans for both of those days. I may be able to make Summercon in time for P:M Singles, but I doubt it.

Seems like everyone wants me to pick up Zelda even if I don't want to just yet. I guess I'll start on Monday... lol

Also, JNig, word has it that Nikzor may or may not return with the coming of Smash 4. I might play it too if it's actually good.

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Not even joking, I'm drooling at the prospect of actually being around when a new Smash comes out, solely for the fact that the number of entrants/new people will be out the wazoo. But also the number of old/retired players coming out of the woodworks will be awesome, I anticipate.

I have a feeling the E3 invitational will carry a LOT of weight for people's opinions on whether or not they get the game, and I'm kinda worried since most of the players chosen are primarily Melee players, if the game isn't great to play according to those players, it will get bashed on into oblivion.

Either way, I'm really really considering getting a Wii U like now.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Not even joking, I'm drooling at the prospect of actually being around when a new Smash comes out, solely for the fact that the number of entrants/new people will be out the wazoo. But also the number of old/retired players coming out of the woodworks will be awesome, I anticipate.

I have a feeling the E3 invitational will carry a LOT of weight for people's opinions on whether or not they get the game, and I'm kinda worried since most of the players chosen are primarily Melee players, if the game isn't great to play according to those players, it will get bashed on into oblivion.

Either way, I'm really really considering getting a Wii U like now.
That's precisely the reason why I'm watching it like a hawk right now. I'm gonna be watching this invitational as well as checking out Best Buy the very next day in order to get a good first glance at it. If it looks and feels entertaining enough, it might very well be worth it. If it's good enough, it just might unite the scene again for a little while, at least.

I'll play it for fun at parties, at least.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
-SKTAR is truly going to be stacked; nearly every top player is going

-Wii U is now officially supporting GC controllers, there is an adapter you can plug into the Wii U and Smash 4 will support GC controllers

-Nintendo has a private Invitational where top Smash players get to try out Smash 4 early

-Tha Shrimp 005 is June 19

-Resulting hype from all of these things

So, basically everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom