• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ICEBOURG23

Smash Rookie
Get a 2gb sd card, google project m, download, load up brawl, make sure you have no custom stages, go to team builder, launch game, you got PM.

Also this snow is causing a **** ton of roads we need to travel on to be closed. Wintercon looking iffy :(
seriously thats it?
man im on it already thanks a bunch!!!!!!
ill get it now!

can you play online with it ?

Murdok

Smash Cadet
Get a 2gb sd card, google project m, download, load up brawl, make sure you have no custom stages, go to team builder, launch game, you got PM.

Also this snow is causing a **** ton of roads we need to travel on to be closed. Wintercon looking iffy :(
Is the snow really that bad? It snowed for around an hour in Monroe, but nothing stuck.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
If any of yall dont go because of the weather, yall can suck a ****.
More like can't go. Roads are closed . According to the traffic director, the furthest south I could get is Opelousas. Then we are stuck there. So it's a no go for me

Df has worked out an alternate route. Should work

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
icebourg, do you have a computer capable of emulating dolphin? If so I highly suggest using it's netplay to play non-locally instead of the Wii's built in Wifi. You'll have to buy an adaptor to use a GCC with it though, or alternativel just use an XBC or Wiimote

We're working on a couple of options to get there. I'm also in contact with TX 64 to help them out. We livin'!
What about oracle, and probably some texas melee people too, they haven't canceled have they?

ICEBOURG23

Smash Rookie
icebourg, do you have a computer capable of emulating dolphin? If so I highly suggest using it's netplay to play non-locally instead of the Wii's built in Wifi. You'll have to buy an adaptor to use a GCC with it though, or alternativel just use an XBC or Wiimote

ummm in not sure i will have to figure that out i guess.

but for now its all i have so if anyone wants to play im down

XKCP

Smash Journeyman

What about oracle, and probably some texas melee people too, they haven't canceled have they?
I don't have their numbers; never talked to them at WHOBO.

Sudai

Stuff here
so honestly whats the difference?
Melee is played at a much faster pace than Brawl. There's just a lot more movement options in Melee that make your character move faster. On top of that, combos exist in Melee where as in Brawl you're going to get a 2-3hit combo at most before the enemy has the ability to act again, usually only 1 hit. Essentially Brawl is played more on the cerebral side while Melee is pretty even with its cerebral=techskill ratio.

Project M is a lot closer to Melee in its gameplay speed and combo ability but not 100% the same. It also attempts to fix some balance issues present in Melee. Every character is available in P:M. Including being able to play as each pokemon individually instead of as a team.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yes, it is closed for real. I have been out early this morning, there are no cars on the interstate and there are barricades and/or policemen in front of every entrance. I saw an 18 wheeler coming from the interstate so I think they are allowed... otherwise it is blockaded.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
The whole schedule for winter con has been pushed back two hours.

Brawl will be starting at 12.

Due to the weather.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I swear to God if enough people scrub out and don't go, I'm so pissed at the thought that people are THINKING about not going. Freaking posting a rant in the event on Facebook, this rage better prove useful tomorrow.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to DF and Wreck who took like a 20 minute detour to convince my mom the roads were safe (although I wasn't home).

Shoutout to Wiggins and Ramsaur for the texts.

Shoutout to Taylor for a place to stay had I come.

D

Deleted member

dominic, $20 n64 money match.

and i dont give out matches when im not serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bomber7

Smash Hero

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could watch this tourney that's going on. I hear it's a big one. I hear that its the biggest one we have for 6 months or something. But I can't watch it due to streaming difficulties they are having. What's the deal?

Top Bottom