• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to be my mentor for X/Y metagame? I'm totally new to competitive battling. Was playing on Showdown earlier and i just herped with my derps.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
If anyone needs to trade-evolve pokemonz, just let me know. I have a friend nearby now to trade with, but I need to get a Steelix, Scizor, Kingdra, and maybe a few others I don't remember right now.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to be my mentor for X/Y metagame? I'm totally new to competitive battling. Was playing on Showdown earlier and i just herped with my derps.
Do pokemon online. I like it more than showdown. XY ou and gen 5 uu are my specialties. Run my "defensive" core of trevanant, skarmory, politoed, aegislash. Synergy out the ass if you are ok with taking ghost and dark moves.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Finally updated the OP, sorry for the delay. I think I got everything up on there that needed to be. Let me know what you guys think, and please let me know if I am missing something. I'm still not done editing, I want to add more OoS tournaments, but that will have to be put off until a later time (like tomorrow) because I have a little more studying I have to do before bed.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Do pokemon online. I like it more than showdown. XY ou and gen 5 uu are my specialties. Run my "defensive" core of trevanant, skarmory, politoed, aegislash. Synergy out the *** if you are ok with taking ghost and dark moves.

Mega Venusaur would eat that core alive :o

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sakurai thinks Link's Dair is OP because the beginning frames are a spike like TL's in brawl. With that being said, I'm expecting Link to be nerfed.... again.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
At least yall have yalls characters... :(
Nintendo already made the official announcement a few weeks back; ALL Brawl characters are making a return.

When I heard that, I became very skeptical about all the talk of Smash 4 being a more balanced game, especially since Sakurai has always said he disliked Smash becoming a fighting game and not a party game like it was created to be. The stories just don't add up to me.

D

Deleted member

i made a poll for which side event to play at the shrimp on the facebook event. go vote or add another option!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hey taylor, we're gonna have 5 people coming in from Natty/Ruston/Pineville and that area, are you able to house that many? We don't know if we're actually planning on spending the night down there or not yet, but it helps to know if there's even room.

Also, still haven't heard anything from you Ramsaur, you still planning on coming? We still got a good week or so before this but it helps to know early.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nintendo already made the official announcement a few weeks back; ALL Brawl characters are making a return.

When I heard that, I became very skeptical about all the talk of Smash 4 being a more balanced game, especially since Sakurai has always said he disliked Smash becoming a fighting game and not a party game like it was created to be. The stories just don't add up to me.
When did they say that?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Not quite sure, to be honest. Maybe It was one of those things where they announced what they were going to do, but since they haven't configured all the old brawl characters for smash4, they are revealing them as they finish them? To be honest, I don't keep up with smash 4, I just read what pops up on random threads.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The feeling I'm actually made for something greater than I am now. That I haven't reached my full potential yet, and that there's a part of me I haven't discovered yet who will overshadow my current self.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Chocolate.

Honestly, the fact that there are people and animals that depend on my help, and the fact that I can make a positive difference in people's lives, and the future that is my family.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I get up to go do Animation and play Smash and Pokemon, maybe watch some tv.

I believe strongly in only doing things you love, and if you hate it then stop doing it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
What drives each of you to get up each morning?

My friends, but family mainly. As many of you know I have a little girl on the way (if you didn't know there you go, she's due on Dec 2nd. :) ) so I know I have to get off my lazy ass and do something with my day.

On another note, 12 lurkers... Hi guys!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Speaking of alcohol...

A new bar/arcade opened up in Lafayette and I'm thinking about hosting Melee tournaments over there. The theme of the arcade leans more towards a retro-era of gaming so I think Melee tournaments will fit right in & receive a pretty hefty amount of entrants. The Arcadian (name of the venue) held a Mortal Kombat 2 tournament on Arcade for $7 entry and had 21 entrants with little advertisement. I feel this could be a great start to a new wave of Melee and/or other Smash players. The only problem is that it IS a bar and there is an age limit. I don't know any of you new folk so I don't know how many of you are underage. How many people would show up to Lafayette if a tournament was held at The Arcadian bar?

Note: Housing is available at my place since some of you may want to actually have a few drinks after the tournament.

Also note: iceman, jiovanni, r0ni, taylor, and maybe even turaz... I'm talkin to you.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of that, and not to steal your thunder, but someone needs to look into Quarters here in BRLA. I would do it, but I'll just get drunk and forget. It's an arcade with a bar (and bowling and laza tag), sounds like a perfect place for Melee.

Edit: Mortal Kombat 2? What ****in year is it? And that's awesome.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
My friends, but family mainly. As many of you know I have a little girl on the way (if you didn't know there you go, she's due on Dec 2nd. :) ) so I know I have to get off my lazy *** and do something with my day.

On another note, 12 lurkers... Hi guys!
Wow, congrats man! I know you'll be an awesome father.

As for me, I get up in the morning so i can improve my mind, body, and soul so that one day I can be the person I'm supposed to be.

D

Deleted member

I can house as long as you don't mind sleeping on the floor. I have 2 couches, a recliner, a memory foam mattress thing I put on the floor, carpet space, and 2 more couches in the shed.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Speaking of alcohol...

A new bar/arcade opened up in Lafayette and I'm thinking about hosting Melee tournaments over there. The theme of the arcade leans more towards a retro-era of gaming so I think Melee tournaments will fit right in & receive a pretty hefty amount of entrants. The Arcadian (name of the venue) held a Mortal Kombat 2 tournament on Arcade for $7 entry and had 21 entrants with little advertisement. I feel this could be a great start to a new wave of Melee and/or other Smash players. The only problem is that it IS a bar and there is an age limit. I don't know any of you new folk so I don't know how many of you are underage. How many people would show up to Lafayette if a tournament was held at The Arcadian bar?

Note: Housing is available at my place since some of you may want to actually have a few drinks after the tournament.

Also note: iceman, jiovanni, r0ni, taylor, and maybe even turaz... I'm talkin to you.
That sounds cool as ****. Wouldn't be my first drive to laffy for melee either.

Sudai

Stuff here
I get up in the morning to experience. Too many amazing things can happen in this bubble we call reality to not try to experience as much as possible.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
BSP, u should go to Who's Tyler if u can. I hear their having low tier singles. Free money for u!

Top Bottom