• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
FIELD OF DREAMS? IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO THERE.

But I'm going to an ultimate clinic AND there's a party I'm going to.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
*Sees Oku**** as the new OP owner*

Yep... I'm done with this board for good now. See y'all later, maybe if Smash 4 turns out to be good.
I don't see why it's a big deal. I understand that you have high dislikes for him but I don't see why that makes you through with smash all Otogether because of a page. That's silly :(

:phone:

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Hammond so far...
Me and Okuser will likely come to CI. You should all try to come out to that, so we can have an awesome tourney/turn out.
(I'm living in Shreveport again, so I won't be making every single tourney for now).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hammond so far...
Me and Okuser will likely come to CI. You should all try to come out to that, so we can have an awesome tourney/turn out.
(I'm living in Shreveport again, so I won't be making every single tourney for now).

I'm planning on going to the next CI. I'm also going to try and establish a venue at Southeastern so I can continue hosting tournaments there.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Hammond so far...

Do you know about WNF? I brought Melee last night and a few of us played it. Some guys play Brawl in the group, but you're probably better than all of them.

http://www.facebook.com/events/350870134989757/

It takes place every Wednesday unless cancelled; there wasn't an official event page for last night's WNF so I linked the week prior.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Do you know about WNF? I brought Melee last night and a few of us played it. Some guys play Brawl in the group, but you're probably better than all of them.

http://www.facebook.com/events/350870134989757/

It takes place every Wednesday unless cancelled; there wasn't an official event page for last night's WNF so I linked the week prior.
so there is actually brawl at these? if there is I will come

the facebook link doesn't take me anywhere btw

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
so there is actually brawl at these? if there is I will come

the facebook link doesn't take me anywhere btw
Sorry, didn't notice he made it invite-only and all that. >.>

Here's the main page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/shreveportfgc/

And there isn't Brawl normally because people don't bring it. If I had a wii still (brother took it when he moved) then I would bring Brawl, but I only have Melee/64 now. There's a lot of traditional fighters though - mostly Marvel, SC5, and SF4.

"#1 smash64 player in LA"?
Challenge Accepted. Wait til I come back, I've never been better B)
You moved away and it was very sad. Erick said you're pretty good and I only really saw you at the last Chinese Inn. He and I plan on doing a 64 MM at Water Bash if we get the time, only $10 and best of 7.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i play melee 2-3x a month here with the scene, but my roommate and I play smash64 for lulz. I've definitely shaken off all the rust + learned some new things. On the chance I move back in a month, I'm def down for a serious set. Dat Ness

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
David? How've you been dude? Wish i could have made TASOL, im guessing you were there. So what is WNF? I dont have a FB so i cant check out the page.

Oh, Gunner, i meant to ask you something. How bad is the GnW Pika MU? Im considering picking him up as a secondary just for that MU. Bucket is a OHKO at like 30% lol.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
It's pretty bad. Having bucket forces you to approach which we do not want...ALSO, G&W has great shield pressure which pikachu crumbles under.

That being said it's my favorite matchup cause I've played it literally over 10 thousand times.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Stick to the MK vs Pika MU, and just play the best you can.
That is the best way to beat him or anyone when you think about it.
Watch some Anti vs Esam, learn the MU more as your main so you don't have to sway to a secondary that doesn't have as much experience.
The fact that he says he's beaten multiple MK mains not named Lee shouldn't turn you away, it should motivate you to accept that challenge.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Stick to the MK vs Pika MU, and just play the best you can.
That is the best way to beat him or anyone when you think about it.
Watch some Anti vs Esam, learn the MU more as your main so you don't have to sway to a secondary that doesn't have as much experience.
The fact that he says he's beaten multiple MK mains not named Lee shouldn't turn you away, it should motivate you to accept that challenge.
Nah I love that MU. I'd honestly stay away from it, it's really not the best for MK.
Anti has TONS AND TONS of pika (esam) exp, and that's why he seems so damn good at it. He is. Granted it's pretty close to even, but if you're looking to beat me, MK is not the character you want to do it with.

I definitely suggest Olimar and to a lesser extent Lucario.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
i play melee 2-3x a month here with the scene, but my roommate and I play smash64 for lulz. I've definitely shaken off all the rust + learned some new things. On the chance I move back in a month, I'm def down for a serious set. Dat Ness
Ness used to be my main before I went looking for stronger tech (read: Fox). I would love some serious sets and/or tournament play. Maybe we can go head-to-head at Winter SmashCon if you're available.

David? How've you been dude? Wish i could have made TASOL, im guessing you were there. So what is WNF? I dont have a FB so i cant check out the page.

Oh, Gunner, i meant to ask you something. How bad is the GnW Pika MU? Im considering picking him up as a secondary just for that MU. Bucket is a OHKO at like 30% lol.
I'm sorry that I've been totally spacing out on you, but at the same time my parents have moved away, with my bro, and he has the wii so I don't have Brawl or P:M anymore. If you have it, you can always bring it to WNF, which is basically a group of 10-20 people from 7-12pm at Fox Creek Apartments, just off West 70th before you reach Mansfield. Google will get you there. It's really only casual matches, but we just had a $50 MM on UMVC last night which was really fun/hype.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
It's all about the brawl these days.

NINJAPENGUIN why the **** havent we practiced together yet??
I need to practice with you if I play Brawl, otherwise I will just stay low tier. I'm pretty much available whenever right now, seeing as I have yet to secure a job.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DON"T TELL THEM THAT IT WAS WHEN YOU WERE A NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :c

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I'm like 15 mins from the shopping plazas near Youree and Bert Kouns. We need to get Penguin to play with us too, since I've wanted to meet him in person and have yet to do so.

D

Deleted member

i beat gunner with marth the first time i played him...

then i beat him with ike the other day.

toloolololol

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Wow, loving this sudden spark in shreveport. Thank you Nitez and gunner for the MU advice. Okuser actually beat mah boi ShoeS in tourney the other day (olimar main), so i know he's not just horrendous at the matchup lol.

But i'd really love to meet you guys and play some brawl, but ive got the kind of folks who wont let me make plans with strangers. This is why i REALLY want Okuser to get a shreveport tourney going, since they'll let me go to that. Plus you'll get to meet my terrible crew. :)

:metaknight:

Top Bottom