• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Savon

Smash Ace
Justin if you are ever free in the future weeks you should drop by at Loyola for some UMVC3. My roommates are not good, but we still just like to play in general and screw off

:phone:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@Sapphire, the way Ryck put it, they would eliminate the Saturday tournament entirely. The gift cards would be nice, cept they'd probably be Dibbz gift cards...
Oh, well in that case definitely not. Saturday tourneys need to stay for sure, and if it's only either or then I'm going for Saturdays.

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
@Savon

play me online then "savonthegreat" right.

@jnig
jnig what is your psn?

it seem like the inevitable is happening. THE DEATH OF OUR SMASH BROS COMMUNITY!!! I think we all see the signs. Keys members for our scene moving away (Ran & Cyphus), some of our best players quitting/inactive (Hyro, Chkn, Jio, "me", sudai in brawl, & Randal), players having trouble getting to tournaments for various reasons ("me" again), and most of our players starting to lose interest in brawl (.D & Byron). And now they want to move tournaments to fridays, this is a blow that our community cant take. To make thing worse our 2nd best player might have to stop playing too. This wouldn't be that much of a problem if we had more talented players entering the scene, but out of the new wave of players, Gunner is the only one that stands out right now and even he is still learning. and dont forget the drop off in talent we are going to see when the MK ban hits (Curlz, .D, Batto). So that only leaves Lee, BSP, Li-D, Brawlman, and Adam as the only players that would be able to make tournaments regularly. Plus most of yall are growing up, graduating hs, and going off to college soon. im not saying that we should stop having tournaments, im just saying that despite our wishes smash bros is dying. : (

I say we all come back like "Return Of The Jedi" when Smash Bros 4 comes out.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
@Savon

play me online then "savonthegreat" right.

@jnig
jnig what is your psn?

it seem like the inevitable is happening. THE DEATH OF OUR SMASH BROS COMMUNITY!!! I think we all see the signs. Keys members for our scene moving away (Ran & Cyphus), some of our best players quitting/inactive (Hyro, Chkn, Jio, "me", sudai in brawl, & Randal), players having trouble getting to tournaments for various reasons ("me" again), and most of our players starting to lose interest in brawl (.D & Byron). And now they want to move tournaments to fridays, this is a blow that our community cant take. To make thing worse our 2nd best player might have to stop playing too. This wouldn't be that much of a problem if we had more talented players entering the scene, but out of the new wave of players, Gunner is the only one that stands out right now and even he is still learning. and dont forget the drop off in talent we are going to see when the MK ban hits (Curlz, .D, Batto). So that only leaves Lee, BSP, Li-D, Brawlman, and Adam as the only players that would be able to make tournaments regularly. Plus most of yall are growing up, graduating hs, and going off to college soon. im not saying that we should stop having tournaments, im just saying that despite our wishes smash bros is dying. : (

I say we all come back like "Return Of The Jedi" when Smash Bros 4 comes out.
Louisiana is probably one state that will ignore the MK ban seeing as how this state is pretty much run by MK mains. I don't want the LA Smash community to die tho. It be fun to come out to LA, meet some new ppl, and play some Brawl. Its soooo boring where I live.

Savon

Smash Ace
Been working on my new Marvel team and so far Dr. Strange and Iron Fist have a spot on it. Just need an achor/middle man and I will be ready. Holy crap ultimate is the ****

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Been working on my new Marvel team and so far Dr. Strange and Iron Fist have a spot on it. Just need an achor/middle man and I will be ready. Holy crap ultimate is the ****

I run Wesker/Wesker/Wesker because he's underpowered
Wesker needs buffs :awesome:

BSP

Smash Legend
Had fun hanging out with you guys at Sudai's; It was fun and we got some good practice in

And curlz, quit wondering about MLP and watch it so you can form an opinion for yourself. You've got nothing to lose, really

Also for Marvel, I want to see team trench coat: Dante, Vergil, and Wesker :p

And where do you guys find streams to watch?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I found a umvc3 team thats so deliciously gimmicky I have to see how far it can go in a tournament

BSP

Smash Legend
I was looking back to some of my first posts in this thread

I was so stupid :p

Either I was shy (on a forum.....) or I didn't look here enough. I missed a lot of good stuff!

Thanks for those responses and happy Thanksgiving everyone

And could someone give me a ride to NOM? Got it

BSP

Smash Legend
Fine, your loss :] Calling it bull**** without watching it first is pretty -_-; though

I don't plan on changing my avatar anytime soon though. And it's actually really useful for finding my posts fast ^_^

Top Bottom