• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if u still want that falco ditto match, u deffinately have it, taylor. anywhere from 1-20+ dollars idc. just know i'm gonna pillar combo you into shuffled sex-f.smash-take-ur-money.
anywho..i'm debating wether me and lee should jet over to this tourney...

rick1m

Smash Cadet
Rick,Ray,Johnathan

Sup!! We are going to try to make it to this tourny mkay. This may be our last on depends one New smash =p.....This Rick didnt put my best into that last tourny.. kinda got discouraged Mr.Noodle fox(omg never seen someone beat peach so easy) ='( but ill be ready for this tourny if we can go! Someone tell/explain to me how to do fox infinat think im doing something wrong not sure.. Peach can get her stupid spin off on me still =/...Anyway Ken = best marth or Fox??!!! John wants to know. Watch the Video of my struggle against PEACH not even funny what i have to do to beat the hoe ..... give a brotha from anotha motha E-mail if you got any suggestions Jrick1m@YAHOO.COM

Ken :confused:
Peach :mad:
Fox infanit :dizzy:
Cyphus Doc > john Doc

Flarefox

Smash Ace
rick1m said:
Lol, SephirothKen isn't coming to the tourney. The real Ken is though.

Rick, go to the Fox/Falco thread in character specific. There are posts that explain waveshine infinite very well.

Cyphus and Taylor falco ditto'in FC? Nice.

EDIT: Heh, another person in Natchitoches with me.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Peach_Fanatic said:
*sigh of relief* I think I finally mastered Wavedashing after crying myself, about it, to sleep. Took a long time but I think I got it. These cheeseheads better watch out for me now!..... Who am I kidding? :p
I still don't find wavedashing so special, so I just don't do it.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Peach_Fanatic said:
Everyone just makes a big fuss over it, so I just kept trying at it. I'll still get my tail slayed, though. :ohwell:
Alright, if you guys think that random wavedashing automatically makes you a good player, then you have something coming for you. Wavedashing itself isn't anything special. It's the applications of it that make is special. In most situations, Wavedashing is a lot safer of a method than rolling because it does not leave you vulnerable since you can still attack while wavedashing, is faster, and is just less punishable. A roll is very easy to follow because of how slow it is. A Marth will fsmash you right out of a roll during the very end of it when you are not in invincibility frames. Most people will follow your rolls and grab you, too.
Wavedashing is inarguably the best method for defensive and offensive spacing. Unlike dashing, where you first have to cancel the dash via jump cancel, crouch cancel, or shield to open up options, with wavedashing, all of your options are open because you are not in the dashing animation.
Even if you know how to dashdance effectively, wavedashing is a better option because of the freedom while not dashing.
Don't get me wrong though, dashdancing with shuffle, cc dsmash, and jc-grab is absolutely amazing, too.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Flarefox said:
Alright, if you guys think that random wavedashing automatically makes you a good player, then you have something coming for you. Wavedashing itself isn't anything special. It's the applications of it that make is special. In most situations, Wavedashing is a lot safer of a method than rolling because it does not leave you vulnerable since you can still attack while wavedashing, is faster, and is just less punishable. A roll is very easy to follow because of how slow it is. A Marth will fsmash you right out of a roll during the very end of it when you are not in invincibility frames. Most people will follow your rolls and grab you, too.
Wavedashing is inarguably the best method for defensive and offensive spacing. Unlike dashing, where you first have to cancel the dash via jump cancel, crouch cancel, or shield to open up options, with wavedashing, all of your options are open because you are not in the dashing animation.
Even if you know how to dashdance effectively, wavedashing is a better option because of the freedom while not dashing.
Don't get me wrong though, dashdancing with shuffle, cc dsmash, and jc-grab is absolutely amazing, too.
I just don't find wavedashing appealing, thats all. I like fighting with just plain controls. I've watched a lot of videos on here too. You can still be hit out of it, you all ways have to stop somewhere. As long as I came judge where the fighter is gonna stop, I can counter.

Peach_Fanatic

Smash Rookie
Pierre Part, Louisiana. Once you find it, you're a
Flarefox said:
I actually understood all that haha. :lick:

I see what you're saying. I'm just overexcited about this, because I never played anyone as good as me. I always put my friends and cousins to shame, because they havn't played it as long as me. I repeat, I just want to play with someone more on my level. Even if I lose. :laugh:

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
I'd have to agree of SirSka's argument since I play alongside of him all the time and find WD to find very little benefit in my terms.

On the side then good luck to everyone next weekend

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Flarefox said:
You can never be OVER-excited about smash, lol. It's too good of a game.
That and its good to fight some different people. I've been stuck fighting the same, not that they are bad players, I want to fight someone different, even if they completely pwn me.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Kingcore Koopa said:
I'd have to agree of SirSka's argument since I play alongside of him all the time and find WD to find very little benefit in my terms.
Wd isn't necessary, but I find it essential in keeping my character mobile. Some characters don't rely on wd very much, like Link and Jiggs. Others, like IceClimbers, Luigi, and Fox absolutely must have wd to play at their metagame. Iceclimbers and Luigi need wavedownsmash. Fox must have waveshine to take full advantage of how broken shine is.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Flarefox said:
Wd isn't necessary, but I find it essential in keeping my character mobile. Some characters don't rely on wd very much, like Link and Jiggs. Others, like IceClimbers, Luigi, and Fox absolutely must have wd to play at their metagame. Iceclimbers and Luigi need wavedownsmash. Fox must have waveshine to take full advantage of how broken shine is.
The I guess thats why, I usualy play as Link or Ganondorf.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Panik said:
Um Ganondorf needs it. Without it, I'm still slow.
He's slow, but quick as well. I know against certain characters(fox,sheik, c.falcon) he isn't equal in the speed department, but his power so makes up for it.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Yes now that i can side b right with the ice climbers im unstopable HAHAHA

ya and my rolling shows my noobness especially when i was fighting taylor its sort of like saying ur to good for me im getting out of here.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
just thought i'd like everyone to know, i can do the real infinite combo(drill shine, reflector, WD, etc) w/ Fox on ganon/link/capt/etc for now. With a little more practice i expect to get it down on the next level of friction-prone characters..and then..the world.

guys..**** SMASHAID7!!!!!!!!!!!!! FC6 is coming! WE ARE ALL GOING TO THAT!

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Flarefox said:
I might be playing some CaptainSexy in this tournament. Maybe. :D
I got somebody even sexier that i'll be playing... although i havent had a chance to practice with him yet >_<. I'll learn during casuals before tourney lol.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
wding is necessary to be the best
i support ffox for life

edit:
im sure i wont have any money until i win the tourney so ill have to mm u after cyphus XD

this tourney is goin crazy!!1!11!
30+ people maybe?

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
wding is necessary to be the best
i support ffox for life

edit:
im sure i wont have any money until i win the tourney so ill have to mm u after cyphus XD

this tourney is goin crazy!!1!11!
30+ people maybe?
Only 30? I'd might expect more than that. Im thinkin near 50 from anticipation of so many people here. As for me though Im not going to the tourney but Im heading back to Natchitoches this weekend.

eet

Smash Ace
so what do you think about low tier or teams?

and Id like to know if the following are coming?
- FFOX and his friend
- Cyphus + Lee
- NO guys
- Manko + his crew
- Entel + maybe Sars?

?

so far i know blaise for sure

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Still unsure if I can make it. How long do these tourneys last? I might be able to get there later and get in some friendlies or MM or whatever.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
they start at 1 and last till 4 or so (depending on number of people) and we're playing friendlies from like 10 am to night.
i think teams is gay and if we have one of the others we should do a low tier

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I doubt my crew will come this weekend since we just did the bi-weekly tourney with Wes last weekend. Also, John wouldn't be able to come anyway cause he's drumming. If I do manage to make it, it'd probably only be if most the others in LA do as well (like Cyphus/Lee/FFox...) and it'd be just Dave with me.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sweet, there's hope after all! Low tier tourney will be fun, but I'd prefer a random pick tourney than anything else. Has that kind of tourney ever been done before?

Top Bottom