• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
well the mall of la tournies were horribly clouded at first, and now they bought even more machines, so we need a better place. Ive never been to GameLAN, though.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus said:
sadly, CK, the remaining LA smashers who actually still enjoy getting together alot are basically only in Baton Rouge and N.O. (speaking of acknowledged good crews, anyway)

WARNING: MELEE-LIFE-STORY...SORT OF!!1
(read only if your gay or just like reading)
Houma had a crew, that i led, but due to me going to college, me taking another member's gamecube(since mine broke) putting him out of playing, me not being friends with another member, and a nuissance of a distance from the last member...the party has fallen apart.
The only person i play consistently now is Gamma, from Thibodaux. Since he only lives 2 minutes from school, we get togther 2-3x a week and play smash among different games(he can't stand 'only' playing melee)

The LA Melee scene in a nutshell is this...
"New Orleans: V-games regionals" (a tournament notorious for promising winners from each location the went to, a trip to CA for national competition...but in reality-pulled the plug last minute). I won that, 3 years ago, with relative ease...i didn't lose a single Round, but won by the skin of my teeth both times fighting Lee in Winners bracket, and his return from the losers. I met a sole other smashboarder there that i had crash at my house a year later to see how each other had improved. He went to several national tournaments doing decently good, but eventually he retired the smash scene for World of Warcraft. Me and lee considered him 3rd best in the state with his Capt., under us.

Time goes by, and for my b-day i have my local smashers(lee, manny, derek)+ some random guy i met on the internet named Taylor(the fire pawns joo). (but me and manny decided to name him "Chunks" instead; since brett wasn't around and we needed someone else to make fun of. Brett was named "Flakes"..so we tried to think of something not too different from the trend)
"Chunks" gets *****. His best was sheik, and my worst character Yoshi was an even match for him. Worse, is that Manny decided to get drunk and beat him to have more to laugh at. Taylor found a new enemy.

tournies are being hosted at random malls around the state...so Me and Lee (and sometimes brett or manny) cartrip to make some easy gift card money. At one particular one, we meet up w/ Chunks..and he gets his opportunity to get revenge on Manny. Manny picks his Link(as always) and Chunks uses his newly aquired Capt.. The fight is on the normally banned Termina Bay..and with a stock left at very high percent...he manages to send Link out the screen with a knee. He tries to recover but falls into the water.
A split second later, a tree emerges..and the turtle ended up saving him!...Not 2 seconds later, Manny sneaks in an Upb for the win. Poor chunks :<
Some TX smasher (who was going to college in LA) was there too...he played sheik well(but that was about it). Me and Lee go to about 6 or so of these small dumb tournies and take turns winning them.

Meanwhile, Brett had gotten alot better, and after playing him for a little while his Mario and Capt, were beating me half the time. I was totally shocked how he took a huge jump in metagame. I was convinced he was the new 3rd best in the state...but it was time to find out how we ranked after so much time.

I decided to host up my own sate tourney. Though it was poorly run, and resulted in the actual tournament starting around 4 AM(!), we had a good turnout of 29 people from many different parts of the state. (even some guy from FL came over who was excited to play us cajuns.) The biggest shockers were the NewOrleans players. Me and Lee had showed them who was boss back in some small N.O. mall tourney. But i made the mistake of teaching them advanced tactics and sites(like this one) that could help improve their game. Unfortuneately for me, they got their revenge this go round.
Ricky, Ray, and John were the top 3 NO players(though more came)...and i thought it Houma's job take them out w/ our top 3 (me, lee, brett) Sadly...the brackets ended up favoring the NO guys, and the ONE person who gave me and lee the MOST trouble, Johnathan, was our first NO matchup.
He took us both out, and ended up getting 2nd to Ray. Throughout the tourney, i tried Doc, Falco, and Fox...always getting 1 stocked at mid-high damage)

I somehow got 8-ish place..and i was really crushed. I knew i couldn't of fallen. Not with all effort i've put into the game. I challenge Ray to an exhibition match and he accepted. His sheik vs. my doc. I won w/ 2 stock, and got my pride back. (but before that, while i was still depressed...chunks fought me a bunch, and though i mostly 2 stocked him..he squeezed a win once, but admitted to not being content, since he knew i wasn't in my gaming mood. Either way..he did improve alot since, now a fox player)

Knowing tournament results don't mean everything (considering Me > ray > john > me, etc) i figured a truce of powers would work, and there seemed to be a mutual understanding that we all were capable of beating each other on hte right days.

I then met what seemed to be an intelligent nooby named FlareFox, online. He seemed really interested in getting better, so we started discussing melee......alot. I almost feel like i trained him..but anywho...he went fought chunks and lost...but the next time he tried he one, then the 3rd chunks put him back in his place.

I took a break from smash, while Chunks and his Bato Rouge crew cont. to play and still do. I was desperate to get my edge back...and found something even better. FC3, a national tourney in Indiana.
Sparing the details..it was the best time of my entire life, hands down. Briefly mentioning my matches vs. popular players...( me vs. azen...he usually 2 stocked me. We played about 10x. I won once with hax) Me + NY smasher vs. Ken + Isai(3 stocked in teams tourney, 0wn3d) Me vs. Cape(exchanged wins pretty evenly, actually), Me vs. XIF(i usually 2 stocked him), Me vs. Rock(FL smasher) Doc vs. Fox (2x, both- he wins with 1 stock mid/high percent) Me vs. Germ(and SS4Ricky) usually 2 stocked me. beat rick, once in our tournament match. Vs Caveman(TX, best doc) he won w/ 1 stock 70-ish%, Vs Bob$ (2 stockings) Vs. MookieRach(even)...as well as countless other macthes w/ semi-known and ramdon smashers from around the country. I got the experience i wanted.
Returning home, i had alot new stuff to practice, that i learned. It gave me back a slight edge against Lee, and the confidence to take out everyone else in LA, again. Until then...
way to write a book on swf noob

u forgot how i got all my revenge for the termina bay episode on manny at the special ed tournament u hosted at 4 am

yeah so lets get a tournament together
blaise is offering all the following to a game store where he live to let him host a tourney there:
"im gonna offer him a portion of the prize money, advertisement, some of flarefox's pies, and a coupon for washing powder
and a copy of Roots on dvd"

if he turns that down hes freaking ********.....

and we cant have mall of la tourneys for now because they got a bunch of old crappy arcade games that take up all the room we used to have to host the tournaments

ill probably go see gamelan or w/e sometime this week

we'll get this sooner or later.....

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
chunks...soon as u get any news regarding a potential tourney, u should start a new thread on it.
Are u looking at making this just a normal tourney or something that some people can crash the entire night at?
Maybe we can start to look at first, how many people we can expect or at the least, prepare for.
from my area you would expect me, Lee and Gamma(from thibodaux), and a possibly Brett, Manny, and/or Derek. (though they would have to start actually playing again)

I'm sure the NewOrleans boys would die to come. Last time the main 3 of them also brought 3 others. So kinna same thing as us. 3-deffinately, 3-maybe.

oh yea..and just so everyone knows...Chunks challenged me to a money match of $10. Best 2/3. Of course i accepted.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Crimson King said:
Wow, again, this is so "involved."

What can I say, no matter where you go or what you do, there will always be drama. That's what makes things fun ^^. We've got alot of old grievances to settle it seems. Personally I owe Flarefox a few for booting me out last tourney and I gotta win some money from a few others.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
man ur so right and i lost to vaughn once when i was a noob...
so yeah i lost 3 sigh...
oh well im still doing better than 50% for my tourneys

and new kid we cant have mall tourneys anymore this is now just like a never ending convo about smash in LA but we're trying to put together another tourney somewhere, just not at the mall

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
This may be suicide to ask but how about we have a Fox ditto FFox? I kinda know how to play him now, maybe luck will be on my side ^_^.

eet

Smash Ace
so i talked to renee(girl who works at gameware) and shes gonna see if we can get the mall tournies going again soon. but we cant do them during the holiday season she said so maybe in jan.

eet

Smash Ace
iownGameware (5:47:51 PM): cant do another smash tourney till february
Humanoid Eric (5:47:57 PM): who what why
Humanoid Eric (5:48:15 PM): how come renee :-(
iownGameware (5:48:47 PM): holiday mess
iownGameware (5:48:49 PM): its busy
iownGameware (5:48:54 PM): mall stays open till 10 now
iownGameware (5:48:56 PM): not 9
Humanoid Eric (5:48:56 PM): in jan?
iownGameware (5:49:06 PM): sundays, it opens at 11 and closes at 7
iownGameware (5:49:22 PM): through the holidays
iownGameware (5:49:34 PM): so in feb when stuff dies down then we can have another
Humanoid Eric (5:49:40 PM): okay cool
iownGameware (5:50:38 PM): just make sure you win ho
Humanoid Eric (5:50:52 PM): oh i will
Humanoid Eric (5:50:58 PM): i can beat taylor now cause im sexy

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Looks like we won't have too much trouble keeping smash alive in this region eh?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sweet, just hope I can get to BR and play with you guys.

Also, does Rene play DDR? Or does Gameware have DDR, Guilty GearXX, and SF III there? yeah, that was random . . .

eet

Smash Ace
Sars_Pirate said:
Sweet, just hope I can get to BR and play with you guys.

Also, does Rene play DDR? Or does Gameware have DDR, Guilty GearXX, and SF III there? yeah, that was random . . .
gw has ddr, 3rd strike, and used to have ggxx
i play ddr XD
...or used to anyway

ffox if u read this call me tonight if u want us to pick u up on the way to houston
228-892-4778

--taylor again

Icecow

Smash Rookie
Blaise said:
I'm from Opelousas and I'm going to UL in Lafayette next year.
Blaise, Blaise. Will you be staying on campus? Hopefully you will stay at the CC if you do. I would love to have a match every now and then. Note that there are very few smashers on campus. It's quite sad. Anyway we shall have more smashers on campus than before which is a good thing.

Oh yeah. It's UL. No "in Lafayette" explanation necessary. (exhibits the sarcasm of ALL UL students by completely ignoring UL Monroe) UL Monroe? Whuzzat? Anyway, since you're going to UL, you owe me a ping-pong match. Everyone on campus owes me a match. I have to recruit new opponents. Since you beat me at the last tournament I went to, I must beat you at ping-pong.

Anyway, why are you coming to UL? What's your intended major? ???

----------------------------------------------------
I <3 teh fizix.
jms

eet

Smash Ace
Theyre doin a DDR tourny at gameware on Feb 4th or something, which means we can prolly set one up soon if we asked Steven.(thats his name right...)

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Oh yea I forgot about these ;p

Definately looking forward to them. If you can't set them up though, go to GameLAN on Nicholson and set-up another tourney. >_>;;

eet

Smash Ace
[20:54] iownGameware: eric wants a smash tourney
[20:55] sacklunch81: and a tourney he shall have
[20:55] sacklunch81: I'll make sign up sheets this week

Top Bottom