• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
no tournament saturday at the mall
hurricane complications or something im not sure
but dont come to the mall saturday cuz there will be no smash
sorry that u took off work brandon, u can come to my house probably on saturday and play if u want but there wont be 100$ for u to possibly win, ill leave that up to u, but no one come to the mall on sat.

no tourney no tourney no tourney

ill post when they will start back up
xero

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I figured as much, is I-10 even accessible through there? No way I could have made it from Pensacola...

I hope everyone faired well from the storm.

Vegeta-ESF

Smash Rookie
Lafayette/Louisana

i live in lafayette louisana and i wanted to try some SSBM touraments but i dont know if any are coming up can someone plz post some dates and locations if they know some plz and also if you can a way i can contact thoses people hosting it thanks.

eet

Smash Ace
yeah hey, we may be having one soon. What happened was the store bought all these arcade machines, and have no room for the tourny, but someone said theyre gonna do something...or something. So we may be having one in the next 2 weeks, or later. I dunno, well see.

Icecow

Smash Rookie
I hope you guys can have your tournament. I would like to come, but I'll probably be very busy preparing for my own college quiz bowl tournament. If I'm free, I might stop by.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i dunno..i haven't heard from him in a long time.(not that anyone has heard from me much, since i haven't been able to get on cpus too often lately, nonetheless AIM)

I got news that out of the N.O. players...Ricky is now living in FL w/ distant familiy..and Ray and Johnathan are actually living in Baton Rouge at the moment. That's some nearby competition for Phir3, if we can actually manage to contact them. :-/

In other news, I've been playing Link alot lately. I'd say he's easily in my top 4 now, since i took out lee's ganon and samus w/ him. <.<

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
These days, Flarefox and I are more concerned with our studies than smashing competitively. If we ever come across free time, we may come over to compete. I haven't been able to come to a tourney in a long time and I would love to come back. I don't think you'll see either one of us because we're just too busy. Enjoy the tournament, everyone!

-Bermuda

MOG77

Smash Rookie
if only it was in ouchita parish.....but i might talk someone into taking me.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
bleh...i got news the NewOrleans smashers are back home. Ricky, Ray, and John seem to have settled down and are up for travel to a tourney. I got Ricky and ray's phone# if anyone ever wants to try to contact them to play (if you don't live far from N.O.)

anyway...i'm like seriously bored.
Before i invest in my precious time and money, who here think they would come down to houma for a tournament? I can't promise (in fact i seirously doubt) i'll get close to the 29 participants i had last year, but maybe we can pull something decent. I can deffinately get EB games to sponsor us, as they've already given me their word from last time(though i regret not working out a deal w/ them early enough, last time, since all they could do, at that time, was give me T-shirts and stuff)
anyway...its been a long time since the state of LA got together. I'd like to see how Houma Vs. Baton Rouge Vs. NewOrleans Vs.......Flaref0x does, lol

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
yeah so i think it should be in BR instead... cuz i dont feel like driving to houma, and with LSU here im sure we can get a million more noobs than u could. i did have a tourney with 31 people and it wasnt even a serious one. just one of the mall tourneys. so blah talk to me and maybe we can cook something up

xero

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Bermuda said:
These days, Flarefox and I are more concerned with our studies than smashing competitively. If we ever come across free time, we may come over to compete. I haven't been able to come to a tourney in a long time and I would love to come back. I don't think you'll see either one of us because we're just too busy. Enjoy the tournament, everyone!

-Bermuda
ive played with ffox, but who are you?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
anyway...its been a long time since the state of LA got together. I'd like to see how Houma Vs. Baton Rouge Vs. NewOrleans Vs.......Flaref0x does, lol
Throw team Opelousas in there also. A tourney between the whole state sounds like the best idea in the world :p.

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
ZING bottom line get a tourney going. Why Houma? Baton Rouge or New Orleans are both more popular and more accessible, probably.

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
ROFL eet is 1337 . He moans from apathy, he doesn't want to play but 4 stocks a 2v1 with his Peach on Corneria. Eet is the man.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Bermuda said:
studies... >.>;
not really...It's just been really inconvenient for me to make it to BRouge. I play SSBM most nights at school, in the dorm.

And l337 33t, I will try to bake you another pie...but I'm not making any promises. So, don't get your hopes up.

If you aim me @ flaref0x to ensure me that there will be a tourney, I might be able to drop by. My email is vvesley@gmail.com ...yeah.

:D

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Cyphus said:
bleh...i got news the NewOrleans smashers are back home. Ricky, Ray, and John seem to have settled down and are up for travel to a tourney. I got Ricky and ray's phone# if anyone ever wants to try to contact them to play (if you don't live far from N.O.)

anyway...i'm like seriously bored.
Before i invest in my precious time and money, who here think they would come down to houma for a tournament? I can't promise (in fact i seirously doubt) i'll get close to the 29 participants i had last year, but maybe we can pull something decent. I can deffinately get EB games to sponsor us, as they've already given me their word from last time(though i regret not working out a deal w/ them early enough, last time, since all they could do, at that time, was give me T-shirts and stuff)
Lol...would be fun.

Double posting is for lewz0rz.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow, Brandon, I never realized how "involved" this all was. Kudos.

I live in Louisiana and actually go to class with Brandon and never realized there was so many people from La on the board. I guess because I don't visit these boards much (or know which room this is anyway). I just saw Mall of Louisiana and was interested.

*****in ****, guys. Depeche Mode is pretty ****ing awesome too.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's mostly from being a mod.

I had around 2,000 when I become mod and with all my closings, decrees, Staffer shack stuff, it really adds up.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
so eventually we're going to get a tournament together.... i think some of the lsu noobs were talking about it but i doubt anyone good would go to that because they suck and it would be stupid and only 1 tv or something dumb like that. soooo we need to have a real one.... and soon cuz im dieing without my bi-weeklies which this thread was made off of...

~sigh~

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
time to make fun of ffox even tho i love him...

Humanoid Eric: i dunno i jus see him like
Humanoid Eric: sitting in his room all day
Humanoid Eric: playin and like bakin pies
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: wave shining
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: lol
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: then the ding goes off
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: and he takes the pie out
Humanoid Eric: lol
Humanoid Eric: yeah
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: and sets it on his window
Humanoid Eric: hahaaha
Humanoid Eric: yeah
Humanoid Eric: exactly what i envisioned
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: pro
Humanoid Eric: and he has like an apron
Humanoid Eric: it was cool
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: kiss the ffox
Humanoid Eric: yeah he like designed it like his shirt lol
Humanoid Eric: and it had shine on it
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: hahaha
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: and like pecans from previous pies
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: omg this is so horrible
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00: we're going to ffox hell

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anyone here actually live near Cyphus and I?

Likewise what school is everyone from La going to?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Crimson King said:
Anyone here actually live near Cyphus and I?

Likewise what school is everyone from La going to?

I'm from Opelousas and I'm going to UL in Lafayette next year.

so eventually we're going to get a tournament together.... i think some of the lsu noobs were talking about it but i doubt anyone good would go to that because they suck and it would be stupid and only 1 tv or something dumb like that. soooo we need to have a real one.... and soon cuz im dieing without my bi-weeklies which this thread was made off of...

~sigh~

Go on the longest, most detailed search for a place to host asap! I'll bring my cube and maybe a TV if I can. Also if you get a tourney going I'll go easy on you during our money match :p. Ylink > Link

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Blaise said:
Also if you get a tourney going I'll go easy on you during our money match :p. Ylink > Link
owned in the face...

BTW Blaise, are you a senior? Or, are you going to UL to do the high school credit program(or whatever)?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sadly, CK, the remaining LA smashers who actually still enjoy getting together alot are basically only in Baton Rouge and N.O. (speaking of acknowledged good crews, anyway)

WARNING: MELEE-LIFE-STORY...SORT OF!!1
(read only if your gay or just like reading)
Houma had a crew, that i led, but due to me going to college, me taking another member's gamecube(since mine broke) putting him out of playing, me not being friends with another member, and a nuissance of a distance from the last member...the party has fallen apart.
The only person i play consistently now is Gamma, from Thibodaux. Since he only lives 2 minutes from school, we get togther 2-3x a week and play smash among different games(he can't stand 'only' playing melee)

The LA Melee scene in a nutshell is this...
"New Orleans: V-games regionals" (a tournament notorious for promising winners from each location the went to, a trip to CA for national competition...but in reality-pulled the plug last minute). I won that, 3 years ago, with relative ease...i didn't lose a single Round, but won by the skin of my teeth both times fighting Lee in Winners bracket, and his return from the losers. I met a sole other smashboarder there that i had crash at my house a year later to see how each other had improved. He went to several national tournaments doing decently good, but eventually he retired the smash scene for World of Warcraft. Me and lee considered him 3rd best in the state with his Capt., under us.

Time goes by, and for my b-day i have my local smashers(lee, manny, derek)+ some random guy i met on the internet named Taylor(the fire pawns joo). (but me and manny decided to name him "Chunks" instead; since brett wasn't around and we needed someone else to make fun of. Brett was named "Flakes"..so we tried to think of something not too different from the trend)
"Chunks" gets *****. His best was sheik, and my worst character Yoshi was an even match for him. Worse, is that Manny decided to get drunk and beat him to have more to laugh at. Taylor found a new enemy.

tournies are being hosted at random malls around the state...so Me and Lee (and sometimes brett or manny) cartrip to make some easy gift card money. At one particular one, we meet up w/ Chunks..and he gets his opportunity to get revenge on Manny. Manny picks his Link(as always) and Chunks uses his newly aquired Capt.. The fight is on the normally banned Termina Bay..and with a stock left at very high percent...he manages to send Link out the screen with a knee. He tries to recover but falls into the water.
A split second later, a tree emerges..and the turtle ended up saving him!...Not 2 seconds later, Manny sneaks in an Upb for the win. Poor chunks :<
Some TX smasher (who was going to college in LA) was there too...he played sheik well(but that was about it). Me and Lee go to about 6 or so of these small dumb tournies and take turns winning them.

Meanwhile, Brett had gotten alot better, and after playing him for a little while his Mario and Capt, were beating me half the time. I was totally shocked how he took a huge jump in metagame. I was convinced he was the new 3rd best in the state...but it was time to find out how we ranked after so much time.

I decided to host up my own sate tourney. Though it was poorly run, and resulted in the actual tournament starting around 4 AM(!), we had a good turnout of 29 people from many different parts of the state. (even some guy from FL came over who was excited to play us cajuns.) The biggest shockers were the NewOrleans players. Me and Lee had showed them who was boss back in some small N.O. mall tourney. But i made the mistake of teaching them advanced tactics and sites(like this one) that could help improve their game. Unfortuneately for me, they got their revenge this go round.
Ricky, Ray, and John were the top 3 NO players(though more came)...and i thought it Houma's job take them out w/ our top 3 (me, lee, brett) Sadly...the brackets ended up favoring the NO guys, and the ONE person who gave me and lee the MOST trouble, Johnathan, was our first NO matchup.
He took us both out, and ended up getting 2nd to Ray. Throughout the tourney, i tried Doc, Falco, and Fox...always getting 1 stocked at mid-high damage)

I somehow got 8-ish place..and i was really crushed. I knew i couldn't of fallen. Not with all effort i've put into the game. I challenge Ray to an exhibition match and he accepted. His sheik vs. my doc. I won w/ 2 stock, and got my pride back. (but before that, while i was still depressed...chunks fought me a bunch, and though i mostly 2 stocked him..he squeezed a win once, but admitted to not being content, since he knew i wasn't in my gaming mood. Either way..he did improve alot since, now a fox player)

Knowing tournament results don't mean everything (considering Me > ray > john > me, etc) i figured a truce of powers would work, and there seemed to be a mutual understanding that we all were capable of beating each other on hte right days.

I then met what seemed to be an intelligent nooby named FlareFox, online. He seemed really interested in getting better, so we started discussing melee......alot. I almost feel like i trained him..but anywho...he went fought chunks and lost...but the next time he tried he one, then the 3rd chunks put him back in his place.

I took a break from smash, while Chunks and his Bato Rouge crew cont. to play and still do. I was desperate to get my edge back...and found something even better. FC3, a national tourney in Indiana.
Sparing the details..it was the best time of my entire life, hands down. Briefly mentioning my matches vs. popular players...( me vs. azen...he usually 2 stocked me. We played about 10x. I won once with hax) Me + NY smasher vs. Ken + Isai(3 stocked in teams tourney, 0wn3d) Me vs. Cape(exchanged wins pretty evenly, actually), Me vs. XIF(i usually 2 stocked him), Me vs. Rock(FL smasher) Doc vs. Fox (2x, both- he wins with 1 stock mid/high percent) Me vs. Germ(and SS4Ricky) usually 2 stocked me. beat rick, once in our tournament match. Vs Caveman(TX, best doc) he won w/ 1 stock 70-ish%, Vs Bob$ (2 stockings) Vs. MookieRach(even)...as well as countless other macthes w/ semi-known and ramdon smashers from around the country. I got the experience i wanted.
Returning home, i had alot new stuff to practice, that i learned. It gave me back a slight edge against Lee, and the confidence to take out everyone else in LA, again. Until then...

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Why not the Mall of LA again? Or there's a GameLAN on Nicholson, I'm not sure how that would work with Cuube's and TV's for computers and routers. No EBGames? Or similar stores in BR? I'm from NO, but that's somewhat out of the question imo for a few months.

Top Bottom