• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Well.. Eventually you get to the point where Mario is invincible. There's an FAQ on it if you wanna know more. It's really cool.

Well.. I had some random thoughts on this for no reason really, but here's a list of characters that I think should've been in Brawl.

Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik
Megaman X/ Zero
Banjo and Kazooie
Knuckles
Geno
Dark Samus
Porygon

Just putting my ideas out there.. Maybe a good topic.. lol =P
All win, especially X and Porygon >.>

And Hawks go Caw, I live in Metairie too, close to that Best Buy. I'm actually off from work tomorrow too, u should get to Dibbz at 1pm and we can Brawl all day. No FFAs, straight raw. Just post before you leave because I live literally 1 min away. If you don't know where it is, when you're coming from your way pass by that Best Buy and that next light by the Shell station. Make the u-turn at the NO Hamburger and it'll come up fast, its next to a daiquiri shop.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Banjo and Kazooie
Geno

Heavily agree. XD I also was really hoping on Isaac being playable and was at least a little satisfied with his assist trophiness. I also think a character where you switched between Deku, Zora, and Goron Link would've been pretty cool.

Yeah, I have the same question... Why Porygon? Lol. Possible Conversion move? :p

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Well.. I think that his Conversion would act upon whatever attribute his opponents would have when he would use it on them such as speed or power or something like that. Not to mention he looks like a duck. =D

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
biggest ousts from brawl-

geno
megaman
claus
guy from golden sun
mario?
Ray mk
tingl3
puyo puyo
Ving rames
theo roodsevelt
john stamos
my dad
big bird
oscar meyer
moses(fS part the sea)
elmo
the middle child in full house (good mind games)
ving rames(has a transormation like zelda/shiek and i didnt know wheter to count them together or sepeate)
pres. bush
a crack *****(suck off guys and does slutty things to get money then use crack to get super speed and strengh for 5 -10min if inhaled if snorted 20 -30 min,and people thought olimar was an inovative character)
jesus(god tier)
satan
sleepy
grumpy
happy
dancer
pranc3r
blitzen
bill nye(final smash is scientific showdown)
a horse
a piece of cheeze
a toe nail
hilary clinton

**** this list is to fckm epic i need an award or sumthing this could be the greatert post on the history of smash forums

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
1. instead of two original (and ****ty) robot bosses, they should have had robotnik in a mech and liquid or ocelot in ray or rex.

2. geno should have at least been an AT (at least reference smrpg! cmon)

3. the middle child of full house was stephanie

4. i was all for wolf until he got in. take him out. two landmasters is enough. the fact that star fox got three reps is a travesty. and thats coming from someone who played the **** out of sf64

5. sam goroh should have been playable. f-zero should at least be equivalent to mother in terms of playable characters.

6. (moar) alternate costumes. nuff said.

7. A capcom rep. Get (at least) one.

8. FACT: Ridley is in fact, too big. (sorry?). And Dark Samus = Samus (but dark) see no. 6 (although i do agree metroid series should have more than 1.5 chars)

9. Knux should have been an AT instead of Shadow. He deserves it MUCH MUCH MUCH more.

10. My final Brawl complaint: Snakes jab. Thanks sakurai. Balance the game next time douche.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
8. FACT: Ridley is in fact, too big. (sorry?). And Dark Samus = Samus (but dark) see no. 6 (although i do agree metroid series should have more than 1.5 chars)
tsk, tsk, I expected more from a someone who's played Metroid Prime 1-3. Dark Samus =/= Samus except in the name similarity and Ridley wasn't too big until Retro studios got a hold of him (see Super Metroid and say Ridley is too big for Brawl, I point to Mario 64, you point to SMB1, I point to Metroid 1, I win). As for Dark Smaus, Shotgun-like beam arm, clawed hand arm, Phazon charging ability, flying, and teleportation. If that sounds like Samus Aran then you win this argument, if not then stfu, Dark Samus =/= Samus.

Oh and the Ed, Edd, and Eddy quote incites so much anger in my heart due to this paco lookin *** kid saying not to mention a duck every 5 seconds.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
yaaaa stephanie, have u seen her latley, wow id plow that field, although dj is probly the hottest now of the 3(4) Its close between her and ashley olsen. marykate is the anorexic and if u tried to do her she might break or sumthing, with that said id still do her, make her eat my sausege that i willl prepare for her before we start foreplay except in her case it would be more like 2 1/2 play.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
ok. if your argument is infallible, then

wait for it, you knew it would come to this.

shadow should be a char if dark samus is. (according to your argument)

I win, Because shadow should not be a playable character under any circumstances, and any logic flowing towards that reality is obviously flawed. Therefore, you lose. ggpo

i could not argue against one of the hunters becoming a char though. mind you i have played the primes.

edit: the argument is that dark samus =/= samus. i agree. she is samus' doppelganger. which at its core means a double, or "evil twin" if you will. Is shadow not sonic's double? all i am saying is that the argument of dark samus's campaign for playability can also be applied to shadow. for example, shadow is basically sonic, but he has chaos control, release a "chaos shockwave," shoot guns and he can drive cars. likewise, dark samus is basically samus (it is literally a copy of her after all), except she can charge phazon, and would be able to glide and teleport. the rest of her abilities are merely minor alterations of samus, and you could argue about the phazon charging if you wanted.

of course, if luigi and wario are in i suppose there is always room for SOME doppelgangers. but those two are exceptions because they have been in so many games that there differences have provided a foil for mario. Thus, their clone like aspects are becoming less and less. we can see more and more differences between them in each game. On the other hand, dark samus was in 1.15 games, and from the boss fights i've played, she is VERY SIMILAR, too similar to a character we already have. All i am saying is that instead of campaigning for a character we pretty much already have, campaign for another from that series that is ORIGINAL and would bring something different to the game. People wanted 3 space animals and look how that turned out. krystal should have been the char, not wolf. And even then, she would have probably had a landmaster.

Sudai

Stuff here
How exactly does his logic point to the idea that Shadow should be playable?

Sudai only wants Geno in Brawl. I would quit the Robotic Overlord (maybe...probably not though) if Geno were in brawl!

Actually, **** everyone else. Super Smash Bros. 4 should be 3 characters: Geno, Mallow, and Smithy.

XSniper

Smash Rookie
Taylor I agree I shoulda have played u instead of Sudai, atleast I coulda played snake vs marth and who knows haha. But anyway, I'm glad I learned a lesson for next time to fight only rob players and also DK to get more familiar with the char.

No one has any type of vids yet I guess.

I can't think of anything else to say, uh well yeah.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
ok. if your argument is infallible, then

wait for it, you knew it would come to this.

shadow should be a char if dark samus is. (according to your argument)

I win, Because shadow should not be a playable character under any circumstances, and any logic flowing towards that reality is obviously flawed. Therefore, you lose. ggpo

i could not argue against one of the hunters becoming a char though. mind you i have played the primes.
That logic fails on so many levels. My Sonic knowledge isn't as thorough as my Metroid knowledge, but I'm pretty sure that the only difference between Sonic and Shadow is that Shadow uses the Chaos emeralds to slow time, and Sonic uses them to power himself up. Other than that they are the same, I told you how Dark Samus and Samus are different. Until you can disprove that then you in fact lose. Also using your logic, according to using my logic, Luigi falls into this category as well.

Didn't even notive that Sudai killed your argument that was sparse of facts before I got back. You must present facts in arguments, how does my logic point to Shadow being playable?

Also I wouldn't be offended if Shadow was in as long as I got Megaman, preferably X.

The Samus and Shadow scenario still doesn't really work out, they have different fighting styles altogether. Luigi plays exactly like Mario in Super Mario World and that was the last template of Luigi before his first appearance in Smash. Wario is out of this discussion since he was based off of Warioware and not Mario styled games. Not only does Dark Smaus have considerably different abilities than Samus, but it is also has different characteristics. Dark Samus is more of a primative fighter whereas Samus acts with more rationale. Bit then again, you say Dark Smaus is too similar to Samus. Apparently a Phazon Shotgun = Charge beam, Clawed hand = Powersuit Fist, Phazon charging = nothing similar in inventory, nothing similar in inventory = 2 kinds of missiles, Flying/teleportation = Space Jump. This is your logic, since Samus and Dark Samus are very similar, too similar for Smash in you words. Toon Link says stfu and admit that you're wrong.

Wolf is a breath of fresh air sans Landmaster and Feeko fights like a bird now, you're complaints seem a bit too much. SFA was lame anyway. It killed the franchise.

Also Lloyd should've been in, yeah I said it. I like Tales of Symphonia, big whoop, you wanna fight about it?

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
that was so much to read. when shyg said 'his dad for brawl' way before brawl came out i laughed so hard it was amazing.

i had some crap to say but i dont remember now. i had like 3 pages to read and i forgot.

i think the only important this was: puyo puyo is awesome.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
the only thing u neeed to read is post 11524 and maybe 11527

but ya all this nonsense can be put into one word puyo puyo.

i might change my smash name from shyg to puyo, i might change my real name from daniel to puyo,i might name my first born son puyo. puyo should be the first word babbies learn and puyo should be the last word someone says before they die. When we discover life on other planets we should greet them with puyo. theres the alpha and omega the begging and the end and then theres puyo. puyo is what we eat how we sleep who we are thats all puyo, puyo is everything and every where but can fit inside a smaller puyo about the size LOLOLOL
(my dad walks by the screen and asks whats a puyo.... oh if he only new, if he only new.......

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i like how we basically had one of our real life arguments through text. never again.

if x was in brawl, zero would be an AT, and i dont know if i could deal with that.

and Tlink is a travesty as well, because he could have been more original, they just failed. the two links would actually be a good base for our arguments. They are essentially the same character, but they are in fact different. In their case, it is their tools that separate them (a somewhat minor difference, not unlike samus and dark samus). while the links will always have bombs arrows, boomers etc, toon link could have had an original move or two. i would have liked to see the deku leaf or the skull hammer employed. sakurai decided he would rather have two of the same movesets however, and we ended up with a faster version of link with a one hit upsmash and a hookshot instead of a clawshot. tl had the potential to be what you are talking about, but look what he became.

true, luigi's template in mario world was the last used befor smash64, but are the differences between him and mario not based on their differences in smb2 for nes?

SO I guess, if you were on the dev team, sakurai would love you. if you want a samus that has a clawed fist instead of a normal one, that is cool. instead of a charge shot, she shoots a shotgun of phazon. you can have that too. you want a more feral styled, doppelganger samus. ok fair enough. I want fox to have his rival wolf in the game, who fights with a more feral style, shoots falco type lasers, uses his fists and lunge attacks, and i want him to have a kicking up b instead of fox's fire fox. Oh. Wait. I have that and I hate it.

deja vu of pre brawl debates

edit: i asked about the rules of the srk tourney at dibbz next sat. ill post what they say.

D

Deleted member

for the record because tim's comp wouldnt let me edit the post:
that was me on tim's acc earlier.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
if x was in brawl, zero would be an AT, and i dont know if i could deal with that.
I met you at 3LT. You seemed like an alright guy, you seemed pretty cool. But wtf man, what's your deal with Zero as an AT. If only we could've been so lucky. No no, **** you. I'm calling you Battosai from now on.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So smash tomorrrow at dibbz? I:ll have a melee set up fyi. Just seeing if other people will be there

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Let's face it, clones aren't necessarily terrible in fighting games. Look at Street Fighter. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, etc. They're all unique in their own way but for the most part have a lot of the same moves... And for the record, being a Sonic fan, Shadow would easily be a Luigified clone of Sonic, even though I'd like to see more focus on his Chaos abilities which would make him almost completely different from Sonic's moveset. Play Sonic Battle for an idea of some of those.

I love that vid Sudai, it makes me laugh pretty hard. Here, let me post my favorite Falcon parody. XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQz6vBv3JIM

Btw, Randall, I just realized that my small TV doesn't have an AV connection for it... I don't think it'll be of much use unless someone has one of those converters for it. Sorry about that. T_T

Oh yeah, I like the way you think Vaughn. Conversion Porygon for SSB4!

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
That idea actually sounds perfect even though knux did get robbed out of his AT. Zero is not that tight, but he may have had a chance as a playable if we had maybe a 60 char cast due his GBA games where he is the main star. But then again knowing Sakurai's gheyness, we would've ended up with Battle Network Megaman. Personally, I would prefer Mega with Proto as an AT, but that's just me.

Also Wolf is original and fresh, the fact that you don't like to play as him has no bearing on his true originality. All opinions aside, he fights very uniquely and still remains true to the SF franchise. The only similarities are his B moves.

Toon Link = Laziness that I could deal with. I do agree that there definitely should've been more WW integrated (can we get the f!cking Deku Leaf as ^b at least???) but he is still a charming fellow...no homo.

Honestly, I think Lloyd had a better chance at smashdom than Megaman and I would've been satisfied.

edit:
That vid Sudai posted is such genius, i laughed so hard.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
+1 for sudai for being awsome with rob

im just gonna come out and say it but rob is probly the best designed character in the game along with metaknight and ike, alot of the smaller character are just clunky and hard to control like fox falcon even falco, imo, just to name a few... some characters like marth,g&w,ice climbers,falco can still do pretty well because they dont really realy on any technical skill and have some semi-broken good tactics... Big characters seem to be among the best like dedede,dk because theyre simpler to use and most smaller character dont really have any advantage to ofset the power differential because of the poor designed physics. Then theres characters who seem to abuse or break the the physics of the game like wario and toon link which make them viable for using. Snake is too powerful in the game not because he is that good but because most of the other characters are that bad...

Im not saying all the smaller characters are bad, some are really unique and fun like olimar sonic and diddy kong but even there they could have been designed alot better.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
I met you at 3LT. You seemed like an alright guy, you seemed pretty cool. But wtf man, what's your deal with Zero as an AT. If only we could've been so lucky. No no, **** you. I'm calling you Battosai from now on.
you misunderstood me. i like zero far too much for him to be in a game but not be playable. you may revoke the battousai comment now.

as for the megaman stuff, the AT from his series would be dependent on which incarnation of megaman they use. for example, if they use the original blue bomber, i agree that the AT should be proto man. If they were to use megaman x however, zero would be the best choice. however, ive also thought about this: remember at the end of every megaman before you fight the boss how you had to beat the robot masters in a row, by way of teleporter? what if the teleporter became an item, just the base, and when you throw it, it lights up and transports 1 of several bosses: guts man (runs around thrashing), cut man (chikorita like effect), ice man (similar to piplup), fire man (torchic), bomb man (runs around throwing bombs), and elec man (shocks people?) or if youre unlucky enough, you get Dr. Wily, who would run around shouting and distracting players.

Although, ive been thinking and megaman's inclusion, (blue bomber) could open up a lot of room for creative genius due to the use of his friends. i was thinking that if they used the blue bomber, he should have a lot of his moves copied from mvc2, his up b could be the shoryuken, normal b would be charge shot except he could move while charging and it would have minor hitstun upon impact, but (very) low knockback. a charged blast would not be a kill move like samus's but it would be meant to keep away and do damage. down b could be power change, where eddy teleports and changes megaman's power from fire (would have fire breath properties), to a couple of other powers, and his side b would be to use the power he currently has. He should be a quicker character who has less knockback on most of his moves, but he makes up for it with the tools at his disposal. A little lighter than mario. his final smash should be hyper megaman, where rush, and beat come and fuse to mm and they shoot missiles lasers and ****.

i couldnt think of a way to map x out like this, and now im actually more in favor of blue bomber to be honest.

So what happens when two falcon punches collide?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=syLIpK1_ltw&feature=related
i saw this a while back and lmao.

and about earlier, my point was this. pretend you have a board game collection (lame i know but stay with me). you are looking to expand your collection. you go to toys are we and see monopoly: transformers edition and Crossfire. You already have monopoly deluxe, why would you want the transformers edition over a new original (and in this example, bada$$) game? thats all im saying.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Doesn't seem like I'll be able to make it until later today Jiovanni. My mom has me running a lot of errands. But if you're going to be there all day, let me know and I'll see if I can't go later tonight or maybe even go tomorrow.

VVB

SD Champ
Alright, MFTW is this week (on Thursday...or well... tomorrow.).

Just wanted to let BR, NO and whoever else felt like showing up. Here is all the info on it again for the people who didn't get it the first time...

MFTW
(Melee for the WIN!)

Where?
CyborLAN Gaming Center
127 Arnould Blvd.
Lafayette, Louisiana 70506

When?
Starting 6/12/08 at 6pm till when ever they kick us out. This is a bi-weekly, so its going to be every other week to this date.

Why?
MOAR MELEE PLZ. CUZ.

Anyway, the details happen like this.

- 5$ gets you in for whatever. Friendly/hangout/tourny/whatever.
- The pot will be split accordingly, but 15% will go to owner for letting us use the space. Rest goes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- I really want this to focus on Melee play...but i GUESS, MAYBE we can play brawl...maybe.
- Cyborlan said they would hook us up with a free hour on their PCs to play whatever games they have there.
- Bananas.

I've been wanting to start bi-weeklies in Lafayette area for a while to get the community over here a little stronger. I figured this was a cool way to do it. Alittle late, but still good. I would really like to see this turn out really well and i would appreciate if i could get a couple of you guys to join in on the fun. Its a good place to hang and just game. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever else. Hope i will see you guys there!

-Lite
Hope to see some faces that i didn't before. Bring whatever else you feel like doing... its a pretty cool place to just hang out. Sorry for such a late notice on the subject.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking that you could switch back and forth between X and Zero like you could in MMX3 and they would each have their own damage counters. Sorta like Pokemon Trainer. That would be cool.

As for MFTW, I have work this time. So no go for me.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
you misunderstood me. i like zero far too much for him to be in a game but not be playable. you may revoke the battousai comment now.
You're right. Despite whatever personal opinions of the matters of video game characters, past wishes for Brawl, etc. it was a harsh and uncalled for statement. I do apologize - I retract my statement, you're nothing like Batto....you still have a soul. *man-hug*

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
and lee gets a minus 1 for beating u, what an a$$hole

jk <3 lee

i was trying to watch the fight but i was distracted by cyphus talking about which kong he would do. but ya his fur does look really good, its amazing (that could be sarcastic or not it works either way)

M

myster6

I'm in the slidell area but I'm kind of a noob at smash bros so I don't think you guys would want to play me. I'm learning Link and Cpt Falcon.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
D

Deleted member

nice cranky kong sex jokes during sudai and lee's match.

idk about all the other matches, but cyphus and mine was a 2-1 set so a video is missing.

too easy

edit::

manko, why are you moving back? are you going to come to mechacon in lafayette or anime south again? thats where we met xD

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
ROFL @ Cyphus talking in the Lee vs Sudai Video.

"DK Good, but like ya know, I wouldn't hit it, i mean i would but i wouldn't tell anybody."

"Maybe Dixie?"

HAHAHAHA

<333 Cyphus..

Good matches.

What's going down this weekend? Brawlin fa sure.

Top Bottom