• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Yeah that was def DSK that mentioned DQ, I never played one. I was always too scared of addiction after hearing its illegal to release DQ on weekdays in Japan due to kids skipping school to buy it.
And for good reason - addiction, yes. Next DQ on the DS, **** yes. I may lose my job over it.

So it occurs to me while browsing games throughout this conversation that I missed ALOT of good stuff for the GBA. Makes me very sad that I don't have the money now that I have a DS.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Tourney in a few hours. Show for 6, I want to start as close as I can to 7. If we have time, there will teams of some sort, I'll take a vote for Melee/ Brawl. Remember to bring controllers, and if you're really nice, to bring a TV or Wii.

Thanks! I'll see everybody there!

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
So i did manage to show up. Played my Olimar a bit, got knocked out in the 3rd round of the loser's bracket and had to bounce.

i'm only in town for a week and as much as i'd like to spend my last day playing brawl, i still had a bunch of people i needed to see.

i'll be sure to hit this thread up next time i'm in town.

p.s. i left my controller at school and had to play on a brand new one, lol.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
hmmm, sorry that I missed this one guys. I heard our group did well, so I'm proud of you guys.
Proud of everyone except Greg... Even if he didn't go.

Sudai

Stuff here
oh wow. i didnt realize that was you vince. nice job man. you surprised alot of people.

ggs everyone.

1.cyphus
2.lee
3.me
4.sudai
6.vaughn
6.david(xsniper) (i think he tied with vaughn)
idk anyone else.

--taylor

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
yeah, i feel like i choked in the first match vs that luigi player whos name i forgot, but the guy playing pit who knocked me out just outplayed me.

ps. i didn't know David played smash. used to play Soul Calibur 2 with that guy back in the day.

XSniper

Smash Rookie
oh wow. i didnt realize that was you vince. nice job man. you surprised alot of people.

ggs everyone.

1.cyphus
2.lee
3.me
4.sudai
6.vaughn
6.david(xsniper) (i think he tied with vaughn)
idk anyone else.

--taylor
very gg's all.

ROB(Ryan's Oily Basturd) CAN GO TO HELL AND SUK BALLS.

Wait Lee lost? aah cyphus gj bro, I thought Lee would take it going the whole tourny undefeated..I probably sounded crazy assuming Lee finished on top. Nice Kong Cyph, I still didnt get to play ya..next time. Great chatting with all of u guys and finally meeting peeps. Good team stuff Randal (sp).

XSniper

Smash Rookie
yeah, i feel like i choked in the first match vs that luigi player whos name i forgot, but the guy playing pit who knocked me out just outplayed me.

ps. i didn't know David played smash. used to play Soul Calibur 2 with that guy back in the day.
Yep, I miss my reign of terror on SC2, fun times man :D. This is Trey's lil cuz as sage right?

Also, Taylor u made me wanna play more marth again, heh.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Hey everyone, good games tonight... Or yesterday... Or whatever it is now. Lol. That was some good clean fun. I hope you guys enjoyed it and some of the chairs, I'll keep bringing those as best I can.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
ggs everyone

pretty fun tournament, hopefully the gameware owner and randall continue to deliver tournaments for our community on a monthly basis.

i cant wait til next month when i will be able to practice on a consistent basis

edit: lol good ****

congrats cyphus

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Yep, Can't make friday tournaments....

Gonna be at dibbz today from 1-5am.

So if you want to practice hardcore Meaning ALOt of 1on1's feel free to bring a Wii and lets do it.

I'll pay for the TV if someone is down with it for me?

I can't bring my Wii It wont read any game but mario kart.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
ggs everyone, I really enjoyed it and thanks to Randall and the Gameware owner for letting us have it.

Hon?

Hi, new person?

NEXT TOURNEY ON JULY 18TH
Looking forward to it

Yep, Can't make friday tournaments....

Gonna be at dibbz today from 1-5am.

So if you want to practice hardcore Meaning ALOt of 1on1's feel free to bring a Wii and lets do it.

I'll pay for the TV if someone is down with it for me?

I can't bring my Wii It wont read any game but mario kart.
I can definitely be there depending on how the ladies are tonight. If I for some reason start drinking then obviously I won't go, but considering how an atm ate my debit card and liquor isn't free that's highly unlikely.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
WTF Ken, you aren't proud of me? I buried her and the cops still haven't found the body. You **** well *should* be proud of me.

F'n gangsta azns, hard to please.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
just droppin' in to say congratz to cyphus, if u went all dk thats amazing. I didnt think a tournament would ever be won with dk.

now back to playing bof2, i fell asleep playing it last night... i think im close to the end.

I actually do have a ps2 but it has trouble reading discs, i have final fantasy 7,9,10,12 chrono cross, suikoden 2,3 , and a burned copy of xenogears, i have to say ff9 was probly my favorite of those... i might start playing chrono cross againg i never really got too far in it... im kinda in the mood for another 2d rpg though... i really wanna play these lufia games i heard that theyre really good.

Sudai

Stuff here
just droppin' in to say congratz to cyphus, if u went all dk thats amazing. I didnt think a tournament would ever be won with dk.

now back to playing bof2, i fell asleep playing it last night... i think im close to the end.

I actually do have a ps2 but it has trouble reading discs, i have final fantasy 7,9,10,12 chrono cross, suikoden 2,3 , and a burned copy of xenogears, i have to say ff9 was probly my favorite of those... i might start playing chrono cross againg i never really got too far in it... im kinda in the mood for another 2d rpg though... i really wanna play these lufia games i heard that theyre really good.
Cyphus used a mixture of DK and ICs. I saw him win like..once with ICs though. The rest was DK rapage.

As for PS2 RPGs. ****. I'm still too tired to think. I'll get back to you.

2 hours of sleep ****ed my balls!! ><

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The tournament last night was pretty awesome. Major thanks to Stephen at Gameware for staying late so we could play smash. Anyone who didn't come really missed out. We had 40 people; it was great.

And yeah, the next one will be on July 18th. It will only get better!

Anyways, here are the results:
1: Cyphus $120
2: Lee $60
3: White Piedra (Taylor) $20
4: Sudai
5: David W (sniperx)
5: Vaughn
7: Hon
7: Donald
9: Eric
9: La'Darius
9: Freddy
9: Darryl
13: Jonathan
13: fakegeorge
13: Nick S1
13: Dylan
17: Clark
17: Paul
17: Ryan
17: Gumby
17: 1221
17: Sev
17: Vince
17: Nick
25: Jared
25: Trey
25: James
25: Justin
25: Chris
25: Brandon
25: Steven T
25: Dakota
33: Zoso
33: Josh
33: Maurice
33: Blaze
33: Matt M
33: Daniel
33: BravoNavo
33: Christopher

We also did Brawl teams:
1: Cyphus/ Lee $19
2: Mean People (Vaughn/ Sudai) $5
3: Spiced Ham (Hon/ ESL)
4: Randall/ David
5: Game Genie (Jonathan/ Gumby)
5: Magical Unicorns (J-town/ Chris)

Lots of fun, and again, the next one is in four weeks July 18th at the same time and place.

P

PQJ

Hi guys, last night tournament was pretty fun. I was surprised that Louisiana players had so much diversity b/c out of state it is usually marth, d3, snake, and meta knight. I was most impressed by sudai's R.O.B. That R.O.B. had amazing accuracy with his lazer, and I remember him destroying some meta knight on pit's stage.

Add my friend code on the left if you guys want a casual match vs my Wario. Also WTB rematch vs Vince with his Olimar

Steve T

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Oh, okay. That was nice of him.

Also, I made a results thread for the monthlies. I figure that it'll be an easy place to keep track of all of the results. Videos will hopefully be up sometime this week.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Huh, I thought I did worse than a 13th place tie... Ah well. Lol, anywho, definitely a great tournament. I think a big thanks should also go out to Randall for organizing everything as well as he did. Oh yeah, Shyguy, give the Valkyrie Profile series a try if you can find them. They're pretty amazed by them, and I was in the same RPG-slump as you were not too long ago. I'm currently re-enjoying Final Fantasy Tactics, and giving Crisis Core and Valkyrie Profile a try.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sudai's head is gonna start to grow if people keep talking good about his ROB... Sudai needs to go visit Taylor and have Tay pop his head. Either with his pro cooking knife skills or with his Marth.

D

Deleted member

lol or it seems you can just talk to david. after losing to you twice he doesnt seem very fond of the rob. but really, in the losers bracket i shouldve had to play david and sudai shouldve played rob. its one thing i really dont like about tio, but you could always do a manual switch when that comes up. just sucks that both 5/6 places lost to the same person twice.

for ps2 rpgs drmariocart told me to play nocturne but it's like 50$ (its rare) so idk, but the next game in the series (which isnt much of a series regarding story line, but game play) is persona 3. they just released an expansion for persona 3 (original is still 50$ aswell), where the expansion includes the whole game plus a new expansion to the game. twice the game, and it only costs $30. im going to buy it when i finish d.gray-man

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
taylor also lost to me twice, but that was inevitable because he climbed back up to me.

tourney was fun...my heart was pounding for all my sets versus taylor and lee, and even from watching lee versus sudai. As always, thank you randall and staff.
I used IceClimbers probably 5 games through the whole tournament, Mr. GW once, and DK the rest. I played a total of 7 games with lee (winner's finals, loser's finals, grand finals) all as DK, minus 1 (as ice).

DK isn't a bad character at all. Most of the "high tiers" only have slight advantages over him, with the exception of DDD and Falco- neither of which any good players used at the tourney. Fortunately, IceClimbers are much better fit for those.

this is the most i've ever won from a tournament...cool?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there are videos, but apparently something happened to the last few games/ last set of the grand finals. They either got deleted or didn't get recorded, I dunno. As luck would have it, I had a bit of trouble getting the other videos onto my computer, but there's no big problem there. Sudai vs Lee is definitely in existence though.

Sudai

Stuff here
Woo, my first, and only, recorded match of smash being put online. I have like 4 hours of me vs Nicknyte in Melee from like...a year back, but all those matches were recorded on a hella old VCR so you can't see 3/4ths the screen the whole time. x.x

*bouncing with anticipation of the vids* : )

It's a shame something happened to the last few matches. Technology just wasn't on our side for this tourney. Between Tio crashing and the video thing. : (

I'm also curious as to hear what Cyphus was talking about during me and Lee's match, because I remember hearing him start talking about something during it, but I couldn't hear him.....el oh el.

Top Bottom