• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
No one can get ready for doc's bair (the only person that counterd it was jonwu in the last stock vs his roy he used counter and won the match, but **** hes good, he picked up on it in one match)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Entel, Tony, Colin, and I can't go on April 6th or something cause of ACT's.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Glad I'm outta school XD, but I'll be ready for Brandon's Doc, last fight we had he had me by one stock with me not able to use the wavedash, so if I learn it I could evade him a bit quicker then our last bout!

Peach_Fanatic

Smash Rookie
Pierre Part, Louisiana. Once you find it, you're a
SirSka said:
Nice tournament this week. The team battles were great, and I am still the only person who used Ganondorf as a main, awsome. Next time the Noobz will take the teams........hopefully. I also hope to do even better next time in singles, I am slowly moving up the ladder. Oh and shy guy, next I will be ready for doc's bair. Nice tourny all around guys.
Yes, the Noobz will prevail next time! haha Sorry for sucking the floor, Ska. Now you know right after the tourney, I started practicing? I'll step up a better game next time, don't you worry. Unless I have an emotional breakdown again... :cry: :chuckle: :urg:

;) And I'm the one who said if you act like you don't know aything, the other will go easy on you. Psh.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Peach_Fanatic said:
Yes, the Noobz will prevail next time! haha Sorry for sucking the floor, Ska. Now you know right after the tourney, I started practicing? I'll step up a better game next time, don't you worry. Unless I have an emotional breakdown again... :cry: :chuckle: :urg:

we'll see who prevail MUHAHHAHAHAH! but seriously I"m glad to hear you're improving I'm doing so as well, and maybe your team will face off with me and a partner again. outha be fun on a bun

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Peach_Fanatic said:

;) And I'm the one who said if you act like you don't know aything, the other will go easy on you. Psh.
Ah dont be so hard on yourself. I mean look at me. I bet when the next tourney rolls around you guys will prolly trump me. I'll be more than happy to team up with someone who complements well with either Pikachu, Peach, or Ganon....most likely Pikachu or Peach.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
IMPORTANT: I have somebody else's black GC memory card. it has FF:CC data on it. So i'm guessing somebody has mine. =_____=
ALSO...Lee left his bag in Manko's partner's car. I'm sure ya'll are back in FL, but um yea....u can't imagine what lee is going through w/out his hair straightener, blowdryer, hair cream, proactive, phone ear buds, phone charger. (i'm not kidding). Dunno whens hte next time manko or u will show for a tourney. If its not for a very long time..maybe u can mail it to him somehow?

congrats to John and Lee.
and a big thanx to Taylor for hosting a great tournament.

For anyone that missed the highlights...
Lee 3 stocked Taylor twice!11 lolz FOR NO REASON!!!!
I pulled a stupidly-cool combo on Ricky:Doc vs. Fox
Lee 3 stocked my Doc on Corneria(wtf?!)
Eet remained awesome the entire tournament
the winner's finals: Lee vs. JohnWu: their fight on corneria lasted almost 10 minutes do to both players refusing to approach with the fin between them
and they had a cool guy who used ganon in the tourney. w00t.

All i gotta say in Houma's defense, is that Lee did great against John w/ Sheik, for not playing her in a year. Before the tourney, he probably only used Sheik against me as practice in 10 fights in the past month. Dunno where he pulled the sheik-ownage from. But next time, i can promise his sheik will be simply brutal.
I on the otherhand, prolly spread myself too thin, focusing too much on character + stage combos, and not being neccessarily good at them. I made some mistakes, like everyone else, that could have possibly change how thinks went, but all in all i'm proud, and hope someone new gets 1st next time.

My only beef is with the New Orleans Crew. Ray was beating John, but he purposefully lost to John, so he would fight Lee. knowing his chances of beating Lee were alot slimmer. I'm 100 positive, If Ray would have went through w/ trying his best, he would have went onto to lose to Lee, making Lee the champ. I guess what they did was smart, if they're in it for splitting the prize money. but i take tournaments as being more about honor.

JcPwn. Who is John?
John = JohnWu: mains Marth, 2ndary is Doc. Alternates = Peach/Roy. He's with the NewOrleans crew, also including Ray(sheik, Y.link) and Ricky(falco, fox).
John is notorious for his unorthdox playing style which involves almost complete defensive maneuvers. He's played like this since he started smash, so he's quite good at evading and countering, CCing, edgeguarding, and punishing techs. Refuses to go offensive, unless projectile spammed w/ lasers, etc.

He was my final oponent in the loser's bracket, for no reason!
1st fight: i used zelda and got 2 stocked. Main hilights were me missing my UpB 3x and falling to my death. hahah
2nd fight: Onnet + Fox counterpick. He chose Doc. He won at 1 stock 100+ damage. I got killed by cars. lol. JohnWu laughed for a minute or two afterward.

My tourney bracket was insane, for no reason.Throughout the whole ordeal i had to fight a bunch of top LA player. Ricky, Ray, Lee, Taylor, and John. @______@ cuz i'm awesome.

FF, sux i didn't get to play u even once. maybe next time? hahahah

Taylor, really enjoyed your tourney, and thanx for housing everyone for a great pre-tourney smashfest. Had a blast. Keept practicing and one day you'll be as good as me, for no reason, cuz i'm awesome.

eet. you ARE the FUK1NG ****!!!! FOR NO REASON!!!! you are awesome. but you know this. why? cuz ur awesome. i love you man. i wish i could put a baby in you :< but u r 2 awsome 4 m3 :<

Tim: nice fox ditto. I still owe you 13 cents, i believe.

Lee: My fights w/ him were kinna stupid. My Zelda beats all his characters except Sheik, so he went Sheik vs. Zelda, in a double blind pick, so i was forced transform for a prayer of a chance, and got 1 stocked at high percent. Sheik dittos are gay. b00.
2nd fight, i do my famous Doc + corneria combo, but after i lost the first stock, i got careless and killed myself immediately. Then i kinna gave up, and got 3 stocked. A most shameful defeat. :<
I'm glad Lee at least beat John in the Winner's Finals. Sorry John managed revenge twice in grand finals. I was really hoping Lee was going to get his first 1st place in a large tourney. well...he would have, if not for Ray forfeting to John =___=() but i guess u do what u got to do when money is involved. :-/

Ray: your y.link is pretty **** sweet. Keep it up. You get mad respect from me, for using him....but you lose it, for forfeting to John, lol.

Ricky: I comboed the schit outta you!!! lmao. j/k, we had some good fights. I'm sure once you add some tricks to your falco, he'll be crazy.

John: congrats on winning. All in all, with you being the most difficult to fight against, not by me, but by the majority of other smashers...i think that makes you the MVP of Louisiana. Dunno how Ricky and Ray do it....i'm sure it has to do w/ them playing you all the time...but in a big tourney situation...thats not usually an option for your oponents. Your the best.
for now.
for no reason.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
I never had the chance to fight john. but I'm sure that if what everyone says is true about me Wavedashing with Luigi I would become a Monster, I'll be able to put up a good fight. Welp Atleast I have Respect from Taylor which he dubbed me as Master of Team battles ^_^.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
unfortunately, I won't be able to make the next tournament or two since qb needs my services. I'll have a while to practice--hence I will come up with some evil scheme to advance far beyond the second round.

It was nice to get the chance to play against Ricky for the first time--haven't gotten a chance to play all the top LA players yet. Hopefully I get a chance to...

I need to find some nice EARPLUGS! I can't stand that DDR machine!

----
bermuda, aka the future rev. smash champ.

DeathWave

Smash Rookie
Cyphus and Lee both took home one of the top three rankings.

<3

Nice going, gentlemen.

Your Gamma is steadily growing in skillz.

Can't wait to see you guys again.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ska, what's your AIM name? We could try to set something up cause I did have a lot of fun in my frienlies vs you. :D

For you ACT people: ACT is the same day that prom is happening at my school.

I think the John guy was my first singles opponent, and he was pretty good, I don't see why he's one of the best in the state though. First Match Shiek (me) vs Marth (him) on FD was only 1 stock, Second Match: Shiek (me) vs Roy (him) on FoD, I won with 1 stock left. Last Match: Same as first match. But iunno, that's just me.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Sudai said:
Ska, what's your AIM name? We could try to set something up cause I did have a lot of fun in my frienlies vs you. :D

For you ACT people: ACT is the same day that prom is happening at my school.

I think the John guy was my first singles opponent, and he was pretty good, I don't see why he's one of the best in the state though. First Match Shiek (me) vs Marth (him) on FD was only 1 stock, Second Match: Shiek (me) vs Roy (him) on FoD, I won with 1 stock left. Last Match: Same as first match. But iunno, that's just me.
I don't have AIM. I am in the Monroe region right though, college :urg: .

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Peach_Fanatic said:

I thought you did fine. Just don't worry about the next tourny and we'll definitely take teams. The only thing we need to work is setting up moves, and I need to watch what you are doing next, I didn't mean to ko you in that last battle. We should definitely run with our Link and Samus duo for matches that require more/skill , and use the Peach and Ganondorf team to overpower. We'll get'em next time.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
welp all I can say gentleman is here's to the next tourny! and I hope to see everyone who I recently fought improve as much as I'm attempting too X3, but until then keep on practicing!

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
partnerofLuigi said:
welp all I can say gentleman is here's to the next tourny! and I hope to see everyone who I recently fought improve as much as I'm attempting too X3, but until then keep on practicing!
Your right. I guess we can all touch up on our skills a bit till the next tourney. I'll be looking forward to meeting every single one of you there.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Kingcore Koopa said:
Your right. I guess we can all touch up on our skills a bit till the next tourney. I'll be looking forward to meeting every single one of you there.
HERE!!!!!! HERE!!! I drink to that!

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
I was supposed to head to the March 11th tourney but I had other plans. I'll be sure to put some time out of the way so I can make it to the next tourney whether its in the next 2 or 3 weekends or what. Its prolly too early to tell.....

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Gj on the tourney Taylor. I had alot of fun and I'll most likely make it to the next one. I don't really have anyone to train against that much so just expect more of the same. Maybe I'll get lucky.

eet

Smash Ace
Im gonna ask Stephen for the next on to be on April 1st...so three weeks from last saturday(11th).

Who wants to team with me at that one? Im thinking low-tier teams. : )

MMs?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The price for teams should be raised so more than just first gets paid. That was pretty gay, I want some reward next time.

eet

Smash Ace
Me and taylor will decide on a good price for teams later.

But I made this list of LA tournies, with results. I might be missing one or two LA bi-weekly though. I think taylor won one or two more. lol. I also think FFox won one? and I think Blaise might have been somewhere in top 3 a few of the times, but Im not too sure of some of the details on some of the first ones.

Louisiana Tournament history Results
In chronological perspective:

Cajun Melee Getaway:
1st - Ray
2nd - Jon Wu
3rd - Lee

First Mall of LA tourny:
1st - Vaughn/VforXtreme
2nd - Taylor/Tehph1rePwnzj00

Second Mall of LA tourny:
1st - Taylor/Tehph1rePwnzj00
??

Third Mall of LA tourny:
??

Fourth Mall of LA tourny:
1st - EET
2nd - Taylor/Tehph1rePwnzj00

Fifth Mall of LA tourny:
1st - CozaMonkey
2nd - Flarefox
3rd - EET
4th - Taylor/Tehph1rePwnzj00

Sixth Mall of La tourny:
2nd - Flarefox
3rd - EET
4th - RSIA

*Hurricane Katrina destorys us*
. . .
*4 months later*

Cajun Showdown:
1st - JonWu
2nd - Taylor
3rd - Cyphus

Seventh Mall of LA tourny(2/18/06)
Singles:
1. Ricky
2. Ray
3. Taylor
4. EET
4. FFox
Low Tier:
1. Jon Wu
2. Ricky
3. EET

Eighth Mall of LA tourny(03/11/06)
Singles:
1st - John
2nd - Lee
3rd - Cyphus
Teams:
1st - Cyphus & Lee
2nd - Mankosuki & Boom Stick
3rd - Taylor & Ryan (from FL, not entel)

---
based on these results

Prediction for 04/01/06 tourny:
1st - EET

I'm so awesome.

Sudai

Stuff here
3 weeks? Gah, I need to get to work.. I can almost wave dash in the midst of a battle without thinking too hard! (I spent all day Sunday practicing. Blaise's Doc gave me a freakin headache with all those mindgames so I couldn't practice Sat x.x)

I'll see you guys there most likely :O

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
early notice: I will be in Tampa that weekend so I won't be there. The rest of my crew may try to make it without me but I doubt it.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
I'll try to find a way Manko Beleive it. heheheheheh but in advance I'll see if John or anybody else will be available that day also if teams did pay out to 2nd and 3rd that means I would have gotten a baby slice of that jackpot! too bad it was 2 dollars a team :(

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
An April 1st tourney? Oh this is going to be good.....An April Fools Day fight. Have yall ever had one of those before? I was thinking March 25th but whatever you guys want. Im going to be the new guy there anyways so my opinion does count I guess.

Im still open for a team battle whoever might be interested.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
partnerofLuigi said:
I'll try to find a way Manko Beleive it.
In hope that wasn't a Naruto Dub reference... *cringe*

partnerofLuigi said:
I'll see if John or anybody else will be available that day
Actually, I think that's the start of when John is free on Saturday's again so he might be able to. Just have to get Steve & Dave off work.

partnerofLuigi said:
If teams did pay out to 2nd and 3rd that means I would have gotten a baby slice of that jackpot! too bad it was 2 dollars a team :(
Yeah... Me, you, and Dave would have all gotten something back. Oh well. :ohwell:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
forgot to mention shyguy, as well as many others in my first post. but i'm lazy so i'm just gonna mention him.
thanx for letting me and lee crash the night at ur place. good stuff. i'm glad to know another doc-ist. ur pretty good, and u look to catch on pretty quick, so i'm sure with each tourney you'll get further and better.

I rematched Lee at shyguy's place, in a tourney style 2 outta 3 and got my pride back.
I still dunno why i didn't use Doc against John. I know last time, i got beat up pretty bad vs. him and taylor, but since then...my doc has improved against marth alot, as shown vs. Taylor...but some reason i still choked up and went Zelda on the random level(when i'm only comfortable using her against marth on small stages)whiched turned into FD and Fox (when i should have known better than to use him when i'm not warmed up w/ him)..which i lost both. I think next time, I'll have the confidence to take on John's Marth w/ Doc again.
Not trying to John, i'm just thinking outloud what i can improve on.

yea..i'm thinking 6 bux for teams would be nice (3 bux each)
1st place team gets 2/3rds the pot, 2nd place teams gets 1/3 the pot.

i wouldn't want it any higher, cuz i'm thinking it would discourage some people from entering. Plus i'd love to have a low tier tourney.
I do enjoy ****** low tier tournaments w/ zelda and Link :D

Low tier teams sounds kinna gay though. I mean, i'd deffinately do it for the money, but i doubt people would take it seriously enough to enter. I'd team my Zelda w/ Ray's Y.Link 4tw, if it happened though.

What i think could be fun would be a "luck tournament'
a tourament involving 4 player free for alls on dumb(but non campable) levels(like Icicle mountain and flatzone) w/ all items on very high. NO 2/3s! whoever wins, is the luckiest smasher! and collects all the 1 dollar bills as the entrance fee!
Reduce the stock to 2 or 3, and you have an entire, fun tournament that is over in less than an hour. how sweet would that be? lol
for no reason.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XD

I was about to say that you guys could set the tourney date whenever since Tony, Colin, and I also have to go to some spiritual retreat thing for school in April, but April 1st would be sweet. We'd just get finished with Exams and have the rest of the time off to do whatever.

Can't wait to play again.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
Sixth Mall of La tourny:
2nd - Flarefox
3rd - EET
4th - RSIA

in this tourney i think tim got 2nd actually but idk, maybe it was one of the old ones that u dont know who got 2nd.

cyphus our mm the night before was a much better game
i was satisfied by only losing because i cant tipper when you airdodge right infront of me and are falling with no movement possible >.>
my game was off after getting ***** by lee the next day in the tourney, but he also 3 stocked cyphus so maybe lee was just ****** *** that day.
dont know.
but blah i still have just as much faith in my ability to beat jcpwn for $100
and to beat both cyphus and lee next time XD
but ggs everyone.

and yes i think april first is the best possible date for the next tourney (for everyone cept manko ;.; we'll miss u) so we'll try and do that.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, no point in trying to reschedule for me. I'll be in Arkansas the following weekend anyway so that wouldn't work either.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, I just talked to John. Me, him, & Steve can't go. So it'd be you & Dave if anything.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Mankosuki said:
yeah, I just talked to John. Me, him, & Steve can't go. So it'd be you & Dave if anything.
So you saying that only partnersofluigi and boomstick are liable of making it to the next tourney? I so wanted to see you guys in action this being my first tourney. Luigi dude seems pretty cool. But 3 weeks gives all of us more than enough time to sharpen our skills.

Top Bottom