• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
but sars, u also have to factor in time for everyone to get seated/stand up and wed only be using a max of 4 tvs. i think a round robin tourney with 2/3 games in a match would just be way too much.
and shyg when i get home today i'll make u an awesome sig XD

im thinking for crews probably 3-5 people 20 stock split how ever u want

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
my crew is only me and lee :(
unless Gamma(luigi/peach) moves back to louisiana anytime soon(which i doubt is happening) or we could convince Lee's older brother Derek(peach), to come to a tourney again. But after those 2, i couldn't put my faith in anyone else in my area. Derek is a risk enough. Last time me and Lee played him we both 3 stocked him. I know at least Gamma can chip us down to 1 or 2, at the least more often then Derek.
Hey...since NewOrleans is close to where I live..u should let Houma and N.O. join forces. Me, Lee, John, and Ray. Sound fair? :D lolz

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
Mankosuki said:
Bermuda: Who's Patrick? was he at either the last mall tourney or Cajun Chowdown?
Patrick is a good friend of FFox and I. To our knowledge, he's the only other person in New Iberia that actually knows what good SSBM is. He practices with us every now and then. He went by Peter D. or something like that at the last mall tourney. Peach is his main--I don't know if he uses any other characters with any frequency.

eet

Smash Ace
Heres the crews i can think of

Crews:
BR-1:
- EET
- Taylor
- Rsia

Br-2:
- Shyg
- Phil
- Vaughn
- Randall
- Iceman

NO-1:
- Ricky
- Ray
- Jon
- Samus guy?

NO-2:
- Entel
- Sars
- that marth..guy

FFox:
- FFox
- Bermuda
- that peach..guy

and then..

Ppl that can form a freelance Crews:
Opolouseus:(I cant spell shut up)
- Blaise
- Dustin
Houma:
- Cyphus
- Lee
Elsewhere:
- Sir Ska
- Kingcore Koopa
- Peach fanatic
-Sudai

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

The NO2 group (which is more like the Jesuit group) would contain *drumlolz*

Tony
Entel (Ryan)
Sars
Colin (I lent him my gamecube and taught him a few tricks though his Sheik had a hard time beating my Bowser, Pichu, and Mewtwo <_<;;; And yes, he knows how to chain grab, needle, Fair . . .)

Of course, our group isn't that great at smash since we're always swamped with **** to do, and it looks like Tony isn't going to come . . . Plus Colin's new at smash, so the only people who'll actually, you know, take stocks off are me and Ryan.

SOOOOOO, if anyone's willing to join us you're free to do so. >____>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, can we like disperse the stocks unequally?

Edit: Screw that idea. I think Colin's good enough to play against us by now, and we'll drill him the night before the tourney anyways. But it'd be cooler if we got more people into Smash around this area. I mean, we've got a pretty big smash community, but it seems like it should be a lot bigger, you know?

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
but if you do round robin it could be like a crew elimination process where when a member of a crew lose then they are out for that crew battle round or something or if two crews face off that are uneven then customize the rules like best of 3 or something. I don't know just trying to be helpful!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Ryan: though I've never done a crew battle before, I think the general rule is that each crew gets 20 stock which can be divided amonst crew members (unevenly if wanted) in any way they seem fit. Because of this, it doesn't matter if crews are different sizes or not since the stock is even between them. It's also likely that the strongest member of the crew would have more stock than the weaker members.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
partnerofLuigi said:
that's not the case at all Mr Koopa I want to go but would not have a ride back home! :(
Well if you know of any friends that would like to experience a Smash tournament for the first time should tag along with you therefore you'd have a ride to and back from BR. Just an idea.....

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Mankosuki said:
Ryan: though I've never done a crew battle before, I think the general rule is that each crew gets 20 stock which can be divided amonst crew members (unevenly if wanted) in any way they seem fit. Because of this, it doesn't matter if crews are different sizes or not since the stock is even between them. It's also likely that the strongest member of the crew would have more stock than the weaker members.
I see, that makes it more interesting. BTW is everyone free this weekend (Panhandlers) I was wondering if the crew would want to meet at my house for a quick lil get together or something? if we do we'll need another gamecube and two VCR's if we tape the fights! I have two TV's in my room, :) also I only know the panhandle manhandlers since I moved here, so I don't really have any other buddies to accompany me there!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Get u down to one stock, heh i can beat u (like im not good enough to be on yalls team yall should all want to be on my team, u noobs)

eet

Smash Ace
Crews seems like a good idea but I think Id rather do RR also. Its alot more fair than regular brackets.(ie. Rsia faces Jon then Taylor in losers and gets last place lol)

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
TehPh1r3PwnzJ00 said:
round robin is just a tourney where everyone plays everyone else and points are awarded for victories, then at the end, the player with the most points wins
Thanks for the info Teh.
But sure....Im up for RR as well as crews. So which ever you guys want to try out Im totally up for it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh, I thought we were doing RRs then crew battles.

:/ That sucks then. Then I guess we have no side event unless we do low tier after each one?

Anyways, we'd have to do a single match if we want to do RRs which shouldn't bother people that much since everyone will get to play 20+ matches, and these tourneys are more for getting together than winning money, right . . . ? >_>

OH yeah, and Kishprime/squared has the "official" rules for crew battles in his sig, and I think it says something about peopel not being able to unevenly distribute stocks which blows and something about how people can't over stock or something. Don't know, but you can check it out in his sig (he posts a lot in major tourney discussions like the sticky ones).

eet

Smash Ace
well, wed still do a 1v1 tourny if we did crew battle.

But I had the idea of splitting the RR into two groups. The two groups would have to be seeded though so its not like a noob vs me in the finals =P, and everyone wouldnt get to play everyone, but instead like 10-15 matches. and then the finals could be the winner of the 2 groups. this would cut the tim ein half but w/e. might not be efficent.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The two group things would be great (or something . . . ) but wouldn't we need advance notice of who's going to go to the tourney or something or another? But then again, the same guys pop up every time, so we can probably start on that list right now if you want.

PS: Ryan, you should make us sigs or something. >________________>

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Round Robin ftw. rr rr rr rr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr...heh.

I wanna be in a crew...I'll make one up...dotdotdot... It's called 1C.
K, back to studying for precal test.

Top Bottom