• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
wow mr. j is such a noob.

it's too easy to talk **** when you'll never have the pleasure of getting pwned by us.

more importantly, freddy it doesn't make you as good as someone, just because you go even with them. kyle goes even with me but loses to d.j. and nes noob in tournaments, so he obviously isn't as good as i am, even if he can beat me half the time. while ricky can beat jon, ray, and cyphus half the time. even lee sometimes. he's never actually beaten me but we've only played a total of like 5 games in our careers. im sure he could pull out a few wins with some more matches. he's just better all around. no offense.

well, like ricky i dont do bad against cyphus jon, ray or dj. i give lee a hard time sometimes. but w.e taylor, your opinion is always right, so im not even going to argue with you anymore. lol.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I demand that the Lafayette smashers section be updated on the first page of this thread!

Add Ben, Nick, Ryan, and Toren, or we're all moving to Alaska!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iunno what their settup deal is like..but since we're oos, i don't think we should be inclined to help just yet.

IMPORANT INFO.
going to TX...u do not want to excessivly speed between these 2 cities:
Skoolimburg and Sageem (horrible spelling)
a friend from san antonia has recently informed me that there are several station between there and that cops are extremely ticket-happy in the area, and like to hide behind trees.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
update:
Nola has dropped out of the TX tourney, due to Chad (their ride not being able to get off work) as well as ricky and ray. Pierre and John however 'could' still go..but no ride. and no, i'm not asking anyone to drive them, so please don't respond to this negatively.

BATON ROUGE...
what is your party going to be?
and are there any player updates i should know about, character-wise, etc?
taylor, ur sheik is looking good....u plan on using it at the tourney?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of speeding tickets, if y'all happen to ride through that hellhole called Livonia on the way to Texas (on 190), don't speed, they're seriously douches and are more than happy to stop you. **** Livonia.

Runfastgodspeed

Smash Rookie
I think I actually have the thing he needs somewhere but if not we can just make a best buy run next time, and hello matt lol.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tell Ben to get on aim or something, I gotta talk with him about the tourny.

Runfastgodspeed

Smash Rookie
ah im not at my apartment im at my house dude. Im sad i can't go thought, but alas thanksgiving weekend and i work at a grocery store equals a no go.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
INPORTANT UPDATE FOR ALL LOUISIANA SMASHERS GOING TO TX

Car #1: Varuna, Flarefox, Ben(?), Cyphus, Lee
Car #2: Taylor, Kyle, Tim(?), Shyguy(?), Eet(?), ?

These 2 cars have the following days confirmed...

Friday: Drive to S.O.S.'s place that evening: 5335 Glen Ridge 78229, San Antonio TX. I have his phone#(Spend the night there)

Saturday: Tournament at Gamelot (follow S.O.S. to tournament)....tournament ends right before midnight...We follow the tournament host to a hotel (he lives minutes away) We all go to La Quinta Suite. The room is already paid for by me (100 dollars). Depending on people showing, $10+.

Sunday: Wake up...and follow host back to tournament, at midnight...follow S.O.S. back to his place (or his friend's pad; depending on where the party will be held). Return to Louisiana Monday morning.

------------------
Everyone needs to be prepared to spend 120 dollars this weekend. 30ish for gas (depending on ur car and party) 10 dollars for hotel, 31 dollars for entrance in all tournaments (singles, doubles, crews, low tier, random), and 40 dollars for fastfood places. 120 dollars should be a safe-zone, unless you plan on MMs.

eet

Smash Ace
well four days is kind of a lot to get off work (including monday) so for now im a bit iffy...not to mention 120 out the window for smash. (unless of course i win)

so hm, ill take a look at my schedule, try to trade my sunday shift?

D

Deleted member

i cant make my internet work. im jacking someone else's ;.;

if anyone knows how to make a router that seems to only put out a local signal, connect to the intranet, please let me know.

freddy it just seems like if me and kyle can beat you without trying, you shouldnt give the rest of la's best any trouble. but this is just my opinion ofcourse, they might not be as used to your intense pressure as we are.

so me and kyle are going to tx for sure. we're hoping for tim's sister's car but idk. shyg you still up for taking your car and riding with me kyle, and tim (maybe eric or vaughn too)?

let me know.

peace

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i cant make my internet work. im jacking someone else's ;.;

if anyone knows how to make a router that seems to only put out a local signal, connect to the intranet, please let me know.
The router is connected to the internet via eathernet and your comp connects to the router wirelessly or the router is connected to the internet wirelessly too?

If its the latter and you are asking how to use router as a wireless card then the answer is in your router settings. For most routers you can put the address 192.168.1.1 into your browser and adjust the settings there it varies with some routers.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
;.;

freddy it just seems like if me and kyle can beat you without trying, you shouldnt give the rest of la's best any trouble. but this is just my opinion ofcourse, they might not be as used to your intense pressure as we are.
you have to understand, ive played you and kyle alot in the past and i guess you guys know my playstyle, especially kyle, also you have been playing alot longer and you're all around better than i am i mean, if i played with you a ******** amount and basically had you teaching me alot of **** then i would prolly be as good as kyle. i have more trouble against him than i do you though, and i really have no idea why but its w/e. .

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Okay Listen up.

I can use big text too.

This is the FIRST tourney to contain the...
PICHU CHALLENGE.

Thats right anybody coming to this tourney can consider this a direct challenge.

THE CHALLENGE:

3 pichus (we all suck I promise)-team red
1 character of your picking
Team attack off
Food on medium
12 minute time limit
BRINSTAR DEPTHS

If you win the first match, you get 10 bucks for being awesome. Not only that but if you lose the first match you don't don't lose anything, nada, squat!

Every match after that every pichu will put up however much you put up (up to 5 bucks per pichu, thats 15 bucks). Also no more money matches after you win one...because it's pichu.

Me and my pichu colleagues have come to the conclusion that no one other than the illustrious and seductive Captain Falcon can win this match up, so if you have your eyes on the prize then he's the horse for the course! Never has there been a challenge so challenging and cute as this, not since that japanese game show where they make the chicks run through a tub a marshmallows, not since you found the toy car at the bottom of the cereal box and used you milk covered spoon to pry it free, not since you tried to fix the thermostat after turning the house into a hellhole and ended up with mercury poisoning(okay well that wasn't too cute but it certainly was challenging!!), was there a challenge such as this.

We will probably be doing this during teams or crews, or some other time when some TV's clear up. Some matches may be recorded. Remember guys, this is serious business. Serious. Business.

Get ready TX... LA is challenging YOU to a Pokemon battle.
Mad LA pichu skills appreciated. :D

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea anyone is welcome to be a pichu for this especially if one of our main pichu's are busy at the moment.

D

Deleted member

lol.
i just dont use marth every round.
it would be too easy.
i like to use shiek falco and capt more. brings more fun to my game. if i used marth every time youd just hate the game even more.
plus kyle has played my falco 100000 times so he knows that match like the back of his hand.

varuna:
the modem is hooked to the router with a cable, and ive tried using a ethernet cord to my laptop and wireless connection. both leave me with a local connect but not the internet.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i think somebody should atleast bring jon, hes too good not to go, basicly we need him to represent LA or we fail

lets see no one needs to pay for gas in my car i have a shell card that my dad pays for (sucks for him)

i could get buy with 25 dollars for food & ciggs, i can just get like get things off the dollar menu, and then 30 dollars for the tourny cuz i dont even know which ones ill be entering, so i think i only need like 60dollars...

characters im using falco,mario,fox

i can drive up to baton rouge friday and stay at someones house i can fit 5 people including me (leather interior) me, taylor, kyle , eric , vauhn, tim so in the instance that theres six people then what do we do?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Vaughn's not going to go, so that solves your seating problem. He's going to help me out with a Guitar Hero tournament this Saturday. Which, if anyone is interested in attending, let me know, and I'll give you the info.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
so i guess if we do crews then i guess we'll have 2 crews, any thought on who should be in what crew, i dont think we should put all the best people on one crew i think it should be both crews even in skill, like crews can be the same as what cars were riding in and that would be fair

Flarefox

Smash Ace
so i guess if we do crews then i guess we'll have 2 crews, any thought on who should be in what crew, i dont think we should put all the best people on one crew i think it should be both crews even in skill, like crews can be the same as what cars were riding in and that would be fair
I'd much rather make 2 unequal crews, so that we can better represent our state with one crew hopefully going farther to the end. I'd even rather that if it meant that a team I was on did more poorly than we would have had they been split equally.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol.
varuna:
the modem is hooked to the router with a cable, and ive tried using a ethernet cord to my laptop and wireless connection. both leave me with a local connect but not the internet.
On most routers there is a light that says if you are receiving internet If its not on make sure your modem is connected to the right socket of the router. If this still doesn't solve you problem then your problem may be with dhcp, did you have anything like a static ip address set up when it was working before?

I'd much rather make 2 unequal crews, so that we can better represent our state with one crew hopefully going farther to the end. I'd even rather that if it meant that a team I was on did more poorly than we would have had they been split equally.
Right on, I'm new to this state but I would still love to see it represented the best way it can.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've done some talking, and it didn't take long for us to generally accept LA's A-Crew to be: Lee, Cyphus, Taylor, Kyle. (unless in the rare occasion somehow John makes this)
LA's B-Crew can be whichever remaining people going want to fuse up.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've done some talking, and it didn't take long for us to generally accept LA's A-Crew to be: Lee, Cyphus, Taylor, Kyle. (unless in the rare occasion somehow John makes this)
LA's B-Crew can be whichever remaining people going want to fuse up.
There can only be 4 people to a crew?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
No use giving the best less stocks if another counter pick player won't be as good. :/

LA should do well against Texas though. We've got three players whose mains beat Peaches really well, and TX will probably have DoH and Xelic.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No use giving the best less stocks if another counter pick player won't be as good. :/

LA should do well against Texas though. We've got three players whose mains beat Peaches really well, and TX will probably have DoH and Xelic.
these peaches are pretty pro atleast xelic is.

D

Deleted member

4-5 people in a crew.

we will be awesome though. im thinking maybe shiek for crews? its a safe bet for a good marth and doesnt have any rly bad match ups. but i dont like fighting falcos. kyle will destroy those.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ok well im being in the other crew then..... me, flarefox,varuna, eric/tim/ben

if im not gonna be in a crew then im not going, im going to be stubbnorn about this n cuz im already pissed off about stacking all of the best on one crew

*nvm im still going regarldless, but please someone form a crew with me, i havent gotten a chance to be in a crew battle my whole smash career and i need to do it....

taylor, what time should i come up friday? i guess i will be staying at kyles or eics

i guess were still up in there on whos car mine is a definte but so far its me,taylor,kyle,eric/tim(maybes) amirite??? i say if we have room we bring jon somehow

<3 cant wait for the tourney

VVB

SD Champ
Well, as of now its looking like i won't be able to make it :(. Really bummed. i was excited to acutally make it to a pretty decent sized tourney and finally get to play with BR again and Houma... but once again work loves to just **** me at the right times. There is a meeting Sunday night at 8pm that i HAVE to be at (acording to my boss) and i am told that we won't be back till early Monday morning.

This really sucks. Sorry i can't make it...:/

Top Bottom