• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

'V'

Smash Lord
Brawl is definitely on the decline, especially now that Smash 4 is about to be a thing. P:M is heavily growing in popularity as well. I definitely like playing P:M a lot more than the other smash games at the moment. There's a lot more people to play with.

That being said, if Smash 4 does end up being more closely related to Brawl, I may have to pick up Brawl for a little while to get the feel of it again. Don't know who I'd pick, though... :(

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ RuslinJimmies RuslinJimmies

Hey, sorry about not being around much at the demo Wednesday, I went to go get some food and it literally took forever.

I'll be at the Shrimp with X too so I can give you something then. I'll throw in a Happy Hour Smeargle just cause you're awesome.

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
@TaylorHJ

Decline synonyms

Worsen, change state for the worse, turn for the worse, going down, wane/waning, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall, drop, inflect

So brawl is those things. ;P

Attachments

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I totally didn't go to the demo and my friend is flaking hard on manaphy. I will find one! Or I can just poke sav one to your black 2 or white two

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon after noticing your PM main, I challenge you to melee pikachu dittos if you're MAN ENOUGH.
LOL.

Bring it.

Side note: I actually suck at this game, and that's not just pre-match johning. Go check literally any tournament I've entered, I always place dead last. Doesn't mean I don't still love smash though, nor that I'll decline your challenge, just that it might not be as fun as you might imagine XD

Also btw, I'm female. :)

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
LOL.

Bring it.

Side note: I actually suck at this game, and that's not just pre-match johning. Go check literally any tournament I've entered, I always place dead last. Doesn't mean I don't still love smash though, nor that I'll decline your challenge, just that it might not be as fun as you might imagine XD

Also btw, I'm female. :)
No biggie, I'm pretty new so it could make for a good match! And I'll have fun regardless. Are you going to be at Summercon?

Also, I apologize for the mistaken gender.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Maybe so. :) And no, sadly as of right now tha Shrimp 005 is the last tourney that I'll be going to for the summer. This is subject to change depending on what's going on in July though.

No worries for mistaken gender, I actually assume everyone else here is a guy too unless they're a well known female or I check their profile preview pop-up.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Ah, bummer. I won't be at tha Shrimp. It looks like I'll just have to spend the extra time between now and random-July-Tournament/Next Summer preparing for the ditto. You have been warned.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ Nikz0r Nikz0r I just have to say, I love your avatar.

@ RuslinJimmies RuslinJimmies x.x I seee, does he already have one and is just too lazy to clone it, or is he actually trying to find one? :/

Ideally if there's no other way, you can just generate one from the Pokemon Ranger event that has the delivery man give you the egg in DPPt.

Ah, bummer. I won't be at tha Shrimp. It looks like I'll just have to spend the extra time between now and random-July-Tournament/Next Summer preparing for the ditto. You have been warned.
Sure you can't get a ride? :( Tha Shrimp is going to be way too good. If work is the issue you can just come at night.

Where/when is Summercon?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
@ Nikz0r Nikz0r I just have to say, I love your avatar.

@ RuslinJimmies RuslinJimmies x.x I seee, does he already have one and is just too lazy to clone it, or is he actually trying to find one? :/

Ideally if there's no other way, you can just generate one from the Pokemon Ranger event that has the delivery man give you the egg in DPPt.

Sure you can't get a ride? :( Tha Shrimp is going to be way too good. If work is the issue you can just come at night.

Where/when is Summercon?
The problem with the shrimp isn't the feasibility of getting a ride (I have a car), but the time and location. I work 9-5:30 in NO, so by the time I get out of the city and get there, it'd almost be time for me to leave. I'd love to make it if I could, but alas. Summercon is this Saturday at lazer tag of baton rouge. Relevant link: http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...-and-more-june-21-2014-baton-rouge-la.355925/

Last edited:

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm missing the shrimp + summercon, but I do get to go to a taco truck, so I think there's a clear winner here.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ahh, I see. Sadly that's too close in succession and my gparents won't let me go. :/ If I lived on my own I'd definitely come, though.

Are you going to any next month? Does anyone have any tourney plans for next month yet, actually?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I know Jnig's thrown out the idea of another ICE, but I don't think any are actually scheduled. I'll try to go to any I can, and if they're on the weekend, it's likely I'll be able to make it.

TC123

Smash Cadet
Hey all,

So Diego and I are in the process of planning a tournament in Baton Rouge, and I had the idea of posting a poll on the facebook event page when it is created allowing people to select which four events will occur. I would presume the options would be melee singles and doubles, p:m singles and doubles, and brawl singles and doubles. This way people can choose the four events they wish to see at our tournament. I understand that brawl is currently considered to be on the decline, but I also understand that if the community wants it, then it should be hosted. As far as I can tell, there is no possibility that having a poll like this could be detrimental to the tournament planning process, but if I am wrong on that I would love to hear others' suggestions. Any friendly feedback is both helpful and appreciated.

Logz

Smash Cadet
That would either be TaylorHJ or Lee Martin. Cyphus is also really good with him.
Ah okay, figured Taylor and Lee Martin would be up there. Never heard of Cyphus, but that's obv because I'm new to the scene. Would like to play against their docs and anyone else's at some point in time.

Hey all,

So Diego and I are in the process of planning a tournament in Baton Rouge, and I had the idea of posting a poll on the facebook event page when it is created allowing people to select which four events will occur. I would presume the options would be melee singles and doubles, p:m singles and doubles, and brawl singles and doubles. This way people can choose the four events they wish to see at our tournament. I understand that brawl is currently considered to be on the decline, but I also understand that if the community wants it, then it should be hosted. As far as I can tell, there is no possibility that having a poll like this could be detrimental to the tournament planning process, but if I am wrong on that I would love to hear others' suggestions. Any friendly feedback is both helpful and appreciated.
So you guys went through with the poll. Interesting. Well, you already know that I'm going to agree with Diego about having only Melee and PM, but I don't wanna leave anyone else's opinions in the dust. So, theoretically the poll is a good idea, but I can just tell that brawl wont get many votes. No hate intended here brawl players.

EDIT: My bad. I misread your original post Iceman. Thought you said BSP, but you said BSL. Forget I said any of that nonsense.

Last edited:

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
V,if we ever see eachother offline, you should give me all the zelda vs fox mu you canT_T

'V'

Smash Lord
V,if we ever see eachother offline, you should give me all the zelda vs fox mu you canT_T
The matchup hasn't changed all too much from Melee other than that Zelda has some new tools to try and zone him out and Fox has a little bit of a harder time shinescooping her. I'd definitely be able to give you some tips/practice since I have a decent Fox. Are you coming to Summercon this weekend? I won't be playing in tournament, but we can probably get some friendlies in.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Ah okay, figured Taylor and Lee Martin would be up there. Never heard of Cyphus, but that's obv because I'm new to the scene. Would like to play against their docs and anyone else's at some point in time.
You play PM? BSL has a Doc. Or a Mario, I don't remember.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon
I'm glad you like it. ^_^ That's me and my wife. x3 IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WIT DAT ANYONE ELSE TOO FREAKIN' BAD.

Also are venues hard to come by in BR? And what would everyone say is the average attendance of a tournament with P:M, melee and brawl? I'd like some statistics before I begin some research.

Attachments

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Last edited:

Logz

Smash Cadet
It's not detrimental it's just unnecessary, why dont you include n64 in the poll as well then?
Good point.

You play PM? BSL has a Doc. Or a Mario, I don't remember.
I am more of a Melee player, but yeah I play Mario/Doc in PM as well. Didn't know BSL played PM. Ik him from high school lmao. Thanks for tellin' me mayne.

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSP stop going by BSP. I'm gonna need you to switch back to being mariobrouser. It's for the good of the internet.

Also not knowing the LSU people's smashboards names is weird.

Ubar

Smash Rookie
We can fill the next 2 pages talking about Luigi. Wish you lived closer to BR so we could play. I'll have to go down there next Golden Chariot (if there is one).
luigi is my man. I'd totally go to the next golden chariot (assuming there will be one) as well, since i didn't go to the one last friday. maybe i'll find out whether i like or hate luigi dittos.

Top Bottom